Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 28

Apr 28

Golden Week Sale Celebrates Japanese Games

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Golden Week Sale

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce we’re celebrating acclaimed Japanese games on PS3 and PS Vita as part of the Golden Week Sale starting tomorrow and running through May 5th. In Japan, Golden Week encompasses four national holidays, and doubles as the biggest travel and shopping season of the year. This week, we pay homage to this tradition with a golden (wink) opportunity to pick up some awesome games at up to 50% off. PlayStation Plus members get an added bonus, receiving up to 75% off.

Get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, rain, Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Soulcalibur V, and more fantastic Japanese-developed PS3 and PS Vita games at some sweet discounts. Check out the full line-up below:

Title

PS Plus Sale Price

Sale Price

Original Price

Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)

$24.49

$34.99

$49.99

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Chrono Cross (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)

$3.49

$4.99

$9.99

Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)

$3.49

$4.99

$9.99

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita)

$32.39

$35.99

$39.99

Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3)

$8.99

$14.99

$29.99

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)

$15.00

$29.99

$59.99

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS Vita)

$10.00

$19.99

$39.99

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3)

$14.69

$20.99

$29.99

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

$14.99

$24.99

$49.99

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

$11.99

$19.99

$39.99

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (PS Vita)

$8.99

$14.99

$29.99

Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita)

$7.49

$12.49

$24.99

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)

$14.62

$19.49

$29.99

rain (PS3)

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (PS3)

$15.00

$29.99

$59.99

SoulCalibur V (PS3)

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)

$10.00

$19.99

$39.99

Time and Eternity (PS3)

$9.79

$13.99

$19.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS Vita)

$19.59

$27.99

$39.99

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3)

$10.49

$17.49

$34.99

Remember to visit PlayStation Store tomorrow to snag these games while they are on sale. Which games are you planning on picking up?

Add Your Own

TwinDad said:

April 28th, 9:08 am

@PSBLog,

Can we have Golden Week, every week (sales that is)?

Limited money, and unlimited games I want on sale, makes for Sad Panda.

Fine. Can we at least have a golden Month? I know it doesn’t fit the theme, I’m still trying to remember what I did in Persona 4 Golden, during Golden Week.

ModSquade said:

April 28th, 9:09 am

I like these choices. If anyone hasn’t played these three highlighted classic then they’re missing out.

I don’t plan on unwrapping my Tales of Symphonia HD Collectors anytime soon so I’ll most likely get the digital version

Shiroyami said:

April 28th, 9:23 am

The little bird doesn’t lie! Great sales, hopefully E3 brings even better ones!

lisatsunami said:

April 28th, 9:30 am

Great sales, thanks. I’ll be buying some.

Nice that you included some Japanese culture in the post, too.

krae_man said:

April 28th, 9:38 am

No Jeanne D’arc? :(

Tominucu said:

April 28th, 9:38 am

Crono Trigger and Crono Cross! Thank you very much!!

Borshay said:

April 28th, 9:40 am

Here is what I was looking at for my Vita:
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Muramasa Rebirth

I’m a little wary of the MGS HD Collection and the Atelier Plus games. Interested in them, just unsure if I’d actually enjoy them.

Dragun619 said:

April 28th, 9:44 am

Fantastic sale. Been waiting for this for a while.

Kinda worried that these titles might be free on PS Plus in 1 or 2 months considering we’ve had some titles especially on the Vita that we’re heavily discounted a month or two before added free PS Plus users.

Manigamer said:

April 28th, 9:49 am

Where’s one piece pirate warriors 2 ? i need a discount on it, its a japanese game so why not include in this sale :(

Fardeenah said:

April 28th, 9:49 am

thanks @91 and @96 i’m going to get this game then. never played it but heard that chrono trigger is one of the best rpg ever, and i really need to play an old school jrpg

MACHOFLEX said:

April 28th, 9:50 am

Great sale! It’s just missing a touch of final fantasy.

oversevethousand said:

April 28th, 9:51 am

On another note, any reason why Vita’s Hot Shots wasn’t included?

lanmao said:

April 28th, 9:52 am

This is FANTASTIC! Thanks!!!

SheepTheJeep said:

April 28th, 9:53 am

Yes, Yes! Sony, people really do buy a lot more games when it’s at an affordable price where you can make risky purchases. I hope you are encouraged to do more events like these since it really makes me try out games I would normally not buy at full price.

Oh Nakedu Snaku, how long it’s been since our journey in Grozny Grad.

mauaus said:

April 28th, 9:59 am

Gonna get me some DBZ and Chronocross!! This sale is truly awesome Sony, too bad i own most of those vita games haha

Souledge94 said:

April 28th, 10:06 am

Thank you finally japanese sales.

zeropi0 said:

April 28th, 10:10 am

i want those atelier and saint seya games…. but i guess i will settle for soul calibur.

luis-fernando-jr said:

April 28th, 10:17 am

Wow… great sale and big discounts for plus members… probably i will get some games tomorrow :)

luvtoseek said:

April 28th, 10:18 am

Guys/gals- Muramasa, Rain, Ys, & Persona req. your immediate attention… (=

GigaLucs said:

April 28th, 10:20 am

After 4 months… finally a sale for me!

Ys, DBZ and Chrono Cross! Thinking about MGS HD (Vita)

I want Danganronpa, but $32, really?

(Where is Sorcery Saga? Ç.Ç)

Persona 4 Golden and Ateliers are the best games in Vita!! Don´t miss this games!

Zam-Zot said:

April 28th, 10:25 am

Those feels when you just bought Muramasa for full price a week ago.

Don_Knotts said:

April 28th, 10:27 am

Zam-Zot I know those feels…

PanzerDragoon said:

April 28th, 10:38 am

Will I be able to purchase MGS HD collection if I already own MGS 3 HD? Or are the individual games on sale too?

anthycc said:

April 28th, 10:39 am

Oh, wow, this is so bad for my wallet.

In for: Atelier Totori Plus, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Chrono Cross. Heard good things about all of these.

Might pick up: Persona 4 Golden (have a phys card, but might get dig copy anyway), Murasama Rebirth, rain, Hot Shots Golf (for the nephews). Debating getting Atelier Meruru too, but…not sure yet if I’ll like the series.

I’d be in for Danganronpa, but I already have it. Need to save up for that sequel!

Anyone on the fence for Persona 4 Golden: DO IT. If you have a PS+ account, $14.62 is the lowest I’ve seen ever it, and it’s totally worth it. Like, one of the reasons I’m thinking of picking up a digital copy (along with not having to keep swapping game cards) is that I really want to throw more money at the developers. I bought it on sale ’round Black Friday and I feel like I didn’t pay enough.

INGENIERO_AZTECA said:

April 28th, 10:43 am

It’s really beautiful.

Hayterfan said:

April 28th, 10:45 am

I think I just added up to $120 worth of stuff I want to get

boss_ruzy said:

April 28th, 10:46 am

Yeah! That’s more like it. That’s an amazing sale.

TALLglassofWATER said:

April 28th, 11:00 am

So rad.

I’ve been hoping and waiting for Chrono Trigger to go on sale for nearly a year now!
and in three weeks I will be away from my console with only the vita for the summer. So rad.

…P4G the one game on vita that I actually want a hard copy of. The memory cards are too small and overpriced for that, even at 32GB.

and the ToS’s’s!
The first was my favorite gamecube title, enjoy it every time I play it. Three times so far.
The second one’s main characters were Overtly childish and naive, to the point it was tiresome; but the core gameplay was much improved and you had a beastmaster. The first’s mains were also overtly childish and naive, but were surrounded by more adult characters and their character growth and the progression thereof was more believable. Would love to replay both of them, but I’m just going to wait until I can do it on my vita, hopefully via cartridge.

FairySun said:

April 28th, 11:01 am

Nice, Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers and Rain.

And with that price, I might pick up Dragon Ball Z.

ISLAND-THUNDER said:

April 28th, 11:02 am

Whoa this is a great sale! Anyone who says consoles don’t ever have steam level sales might want to reconsider

I’ll have around $50 pay day so I’m thinking of picking up Ys Celceta. Funnily enough I was thinking of buying it full price with the money I got next pay day anyway, so this is great. Also considering Alteir, always wanted to try it and for $20 seems worth it. I’ve been meaning to get MGS HD Edition for a while now. And I’ll also squeeze in Chrono Trigger

Fedast said:

April 28th, 11:03 am

Great sales!! If you have Plus and you don’t have Muramasa Rebirth, now you have no excuses. GET IT!! Now we want JRPGs on the PS4!!! The lack of JRPG on the PS4 is sad.

StalkerD said:

April 28th, 11:05 am

To everyone that was looking for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, for some reason, I just managed to buy it at sale price. But I had to click on the actual game page, to be able to see the discounted price and add it to the cart. The same is not true for Injustice. Still only full price.

fatjoe400 said:

April 28th, 11:10 am

So glad i waited on buying both Soul Calibur 5 and Zone of the Enders Collection. Getting those asap tomorrow.

cwistofu said:

April 28th, 11:11 am

Will ToS and ZOE HD’s individual games also be on sale? Or do I have to buy the two games in each collection together?

Tjoeb123 said:

April 28th, 11:12 am

Here’s my shopping list.

Games I haven’t played:
–Muramasa Rebirth
–Tales of Symphonia (that’s $5/game!)
–MAYBE Danganronpa, depends on my paycheck.

Games I HAVE played and traded in already:
–Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (I love Neptunia!)
–Time and Eternity
–And of course, Persona 4 GOLDEN..

Tjoeb123 said:

April 28th, 11:13 am

Also, I JUST BOUGHT SC5 recently (not playing that awful Lost Swords).

kirillre5 said:

April 28th, 11:16 am

Is hot Shots Golf Cross-buy?

Jak23ft said:

April 28th, 11:17 am

Oh goddamnit! I just bought MGS2+3HD yesterday!

nirojan45 said:

April 28th, 11:19 am

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles & Zone of the Enders HD Collection HERE I COME! Better start clearing up space on my PS3. Been so pegged into my Vita lately, need to get back to some console gaming.

Husteen said:

April 28th, 11:20 am

here we go! 50% for standard users, 75% off for ps+, that’s what i like! interested in

devil may cry hd collection (my friend got this for around $20 a few months back)
rain
possibly soulcaliburV

ugh, so many games. i’ll have to think about it.

Grognard66 said:

April 28th, 11:22 am

Muramasa Rebirth is tempting, but I can’t shake the feeling it’s going to be free on PS+ in a month or two. It seems Sony always puts games on sale a month or two before offering them on PS+ these days.

Mercenary09 said:

April 28th, 11:22 am

Wow great sale Sony! I’m going to pick up Soul Calibur 5, DBZ, and Tales of Symphonia at them prices!

afigueroa said:

April 28th, 11:23 am

Dragonball Z for Vita, Zone of Enders, Y’s Memories of Celceta and Danganronpa are peaking my interest. I already own Persona 4, Muramasa, Metal Gear collection, devil may cry collection, Chrono trigger and Chrono Cross. All great games and excellent prices!

Alphonse_92 said:

April 28th, 11:30 am

Wow!!! I didn’t expected this… i’m interested in 4 games….. poor of my wallet…. but I was expecting P4G with a high discount, $15 is something at least

epikkhighh said:

April 28th, 11:40 am

first time commenting on the blog. just wanted to say thanks for giving japanese games : discounts. will try to grab muramasa and possible tales of. thanks.

Old_PopTarts said:

April 28th, 12:10 pm

I wish they would release Dragon Ball Z for Vita a retail in the U.S. That’s the only thing holding me back. I only have about 4 gigs left on my my memory card. Soo going digital at this point is not an option. :/

Jotamide said:

April 28th, 12:18 pm

I think it is finally time to get a Vita. Can’t say no to Muramasa and Ys at that price.

godshand3547 said:

April 28th, 12:28 pm

*sigh* i should have bought a Vita, but “NO” i said “it will be a waste of money”. Now i regret ever thinking that
Please forgive me, Sony
Im not worthy of your products

That was quite dramatic, anyway this is a really awesome list

mr_showtime40 said:

April 28th, 12:43 pm

P4G and Ys for my Vita. I only wish Dynasty Warriors for PS4 and One Piece Pirate Warriors 1 & 2 for PS3 were also a part of this! Still, my poor, poor wallet. Thanks Sony!

Sokolov_Rdz said:

April 28th, 12:47 pm

Does anyone know if the MGS Collection for Vita is two separate downloads? I don’t think I have space for both at the same time.