Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

May 02

May 02

PlayStation Blogcast 119: Planes, Transistors, and Nidhoggmobiles

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Supergiant’s Greg Kasavin talks PS4 stunner Transistor (out May 20th) and new interviews for indie standouts Nidhogg and Rogue Legacy headline this week’s indie-powered show. Plus: new North American game releases for May 6th 2014, listener letters and more.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Tons of new indie games!
  • Nidhogg
  • Starwhal: Just the Tip
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Axiom Verge
  • Borderlands 2 for PS Vita
  • Sportsfriends
  • MLB 14 The Show for PS4
  • God of War Collection for PS Vita
  • Dark Souls

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

Add Your Own

dodgedoors said:

May 2nd, 3:12 pm

I want to worship at the feet of Red.

DZORMAGEN said:

May 2nd, 3:17 pm

A few questions for Sid or anyone who can answer.

(I posted this before listen to the blogcast)

1. Will I be able to pre-order Transistor on the PSN soon?
2. Will there be a Plus Discount on the game?
and
3. Will you guys be doing anything for the blog community for attaining E3? I remember Jeff was really great at getting frequent people that come on the blog to E3. Getting the community together. E3 would be great, I really want to attend this year.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 2nd, 10:01 pm

Don’t think we’ve got answers to any of these questions yet, sorry! Stay tuned — we’ll let you know as these things develop.

cool_trainer said:

May 2nd, 4:23 pm

The playstation powerhouse Roger Clementime is my new favorite special guest.

MakoSoul said:

May 2nd, 4:23 pm

I saw the Transistor header picture and started throwing money at my monitor. Nothing happened and now I have to clean up all this money.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 2nd, 10:02 pm

I have the same problem, except that image is my desktop wallpaper.

There’s a lot of money on the floor around my desk.

cool_trainer said:

May 2nd, 4:33 pm

Oh awesome you guys read my review. I’m honored.

CrashSpyro said:

May 2nd, 4:46 pm

I guess if you want to make Sid feel dumb, have him read off Hakuoki game titles with no help while everybody else laughs.

TeamGreen615 said:

May 2nd, 6:30 pm

Dark Souls with a line through it, LOL! I guess you guys don’t want anymore pitchforks and torches showing up at your work. :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 2nd, 9:59 pm

The strikethrough doesn’t get enough love on our blog.

davidxraw said:

May 2nd, 7:51 pm

I saw the new flash sale for this weekend. There isn’t anything I want but I hope you guys continue to have these type of sales. I’m hoping to see another 99 cent indie flash sale soon. Cubixx HD for 99 cents pretty please? Will we ever seen more free games like Jetpack Joyride. That game is so much fun and hope we can see more minis available for free in the future. One last really important request. When Limbo comes to PlayStation Plus this month can we please get it for PlayStation 3 as well? I haven’t been able to experience it yet. :)

TapperDD said:

May 2nd, 9:38 pm

Men In Titans….. I haven’t laughed that hard since I was a little school girl. Thanks guys. Great show!

TapperDD said:

May 2nd, 10:57 pm

I am so incredibly excited to play Transistor. When I was able to play the demo last year at E3, I fell in love. The game is gorgeous, the atmosphere is engrossing, and the gameplay was so fresh and unique. I really like what was mentioned about the marketing. So many times, games are overly marketed and people tend to lose interest because there’s no mystery (I won’t mention any specific IPs). I understand the necessity of advertisement, but there’s a fine line between building a sense of excitement, leaving potential customers in anticipation, and overwhelming people until they lose interest. Great show everyone. Always looking forward to the next one. (o_~*)

BlueBl1zzard said:

May 3rd, 7:14 am

No Dark Souls 2 talk? I think I’m beginning to feel sick…..

DeathGazer said:

May 3rd, 7:53 am

5/20 – Transistor
5/27 – Watch Dogs
6/10 – E3 2014

Great time to be a gamer.

IzoGray said:

May 3rd, 9:08 am

Don’t let the loud minority get to you guys about Dark Souls II. There is a huge silent majority that listens to what you guys put out, not what thees haters say. Talk about whatever you want. Keep it conversational. Those are the best podcasts, not the ones that are robotic and try to be funny.

Why would anyone dislike talk about a game anyways? I have an idea. Release a separate 2 minute audio log that’s just information for all the cry babies.

pure_bloodDC said:

May 3rd, 1:33 pm

Where’s the picture of the science-breaking, standing paper?!

Print_Dog said:

May 3rd, 2:24 pm

love the blogcast. Been listening since day 1. Keep it up!

GrafUlrich88 said:

May 3rd, 2:37 pm

Hey Sid and crew,

Great show this week!

I’m looking forward to MLB 14 The Show. Also my two must buy indies announced are Drifter and Ironclad Tactics. I love that so many more indies are coming out on PS4. I also love it when they have cross buy with Vita.

Cheer!!!

Graf

P.S. Can you request to Shu if we can get Destiny of Spirits on to the PS4 and allow us who play it to carry our data over to it, thanks.

lramirezsuarez said:

May 3rd, 5:20 pm

Great Show guys!!! Every week i’m patiently waiting for the new Blogcast.

But this week, you didn’t talk about Share Factory!!! Why? It was recorded before the Firmware Update?

It’s there a place where i can share my share factory created videos with the community, i saw a thread but it was in Europe, will you guys do anything like that here.

Thanks guys. Greatness Awaits! BEYOND!.

MarinoBrea said:

May 4th, 9:00 am

This has come to my attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvRjLOp08o#t=30

Look at 11:06 and then 11:20 . Project Cars using Gran Turismo models? Does anyone have any idea about this??

Xenobits said:

May 5th, 11:14 am

Important question: Where is the picture of the pieces of paper standing on their edge?

TwinDad said:

May 9th, 8:21 pm

LTTP here, but the episode with Sid’s brother was great. It even had a surprise “guest” at the end.