Horizon Zero Dawn

May 05

May 05

PlayStation Plus: Stick it to the Man and PES 2014 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Tomorrow, PlayStation Plus members get two very different types of games – Stick it to the Man on PS4, an adventure game with platforming elements mixed in, and PES 2014 PS3, the latest entry in Konami’s venerable soccer series.

Stick it to the Man boasts a bright, animation-inspired aesthetic and witty dialogue. You’ll navigate puzzles as Ray, a normal guy with a completely average pink arm sticking out of his head. The extra appendage allows him to see other people’s thoughts and grab stickers from their brains.

On the other hand (get it?), Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 on PS3 features Konami’s revamped FOX Engine, placing more of an emphasis on ball movement via a new physics system and improved player AI. “GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL…kick.” I had a soccer coach who used to do that all the time. It was annoying.

You can download Stick it to the Man and Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, May 6th.

Plus - Stick it to the Man

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Stick it to the Man (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Stick it to the Man
On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn’t have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PES 2014
Experience a whole new ball game with KONAMI’s PES 2014. The stunning new FOX Engine has been combined with a revolutionary soccer system that puts the ball at the heart of the action for the first time. Every element has been rebuilt and now features all-new physics systems, custom team and player AI and a huge leap forward in animations and atmosphere.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Bit.Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien $7.99 $9.99
Hakuoki: Stories Of The Shinsengumi $27.19 $39.99
Titan Attacks! (PS4) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (PS3) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (Vita) $10.79 $11.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/13)

Instant Game Collection

Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Multiplayer Havoc Pack
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Massive Fury Pack
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #1
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #2
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Maps And Characters Dlc
Prototype

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

Ryumoau said:

May 5th, 8:01 am

nothing interesting to me this week. Can’t believe a boring soccer game is the free ps3 game. :(

tiny_tim31 said:

May 5th, 8:01 am

BEYOOOOOND!

Monterossa said:

May 5th, 8:04 am

PES 2014!!

jonjon0890 said:

May 5th, 8:05 am

Wow, the sales & PS Plus discounts from Activision sucks as always.

Rammel29 said:

May 5th, 8:06 am

PES 14 was so glitchy and broken on release but with many patches I heard the game has become playable again even though it still has it’s flaws. I reccomend any Footy/Soccer fans give this a try and download some Option Files.

Xbox1_Sign_Out said:

May 5th, 8:06 am

Should have given out Daylight for free.

megaben99 said:

May 5th, 8:06 am

Sweet a PES Dispenser for PS3?? Wait…

Darig0n said:

May 5th, 8:07 am

Which Runner2 is that? I’m missing the Vita one.

Edd-Doloroso said:

May 5th, 8:10 am

Yearly sport games.. I’m not wasting my HDD space with such game..
I’d rather have Sly Cooper that PS Plus BR are receiving..
Funny enough their Ps Plus has always been the same as PS Plus North ‘Erica, but HEY don’t give a football game in the land of football!

klassymike said:

May 5th, 8:10 am

Never played a Soccer game before, but I’ll definitely give it a try. Maybe I’ll like it. Who knows?

AnonymousNinja7 said:

May 5th, 8:11 am

Hi Kristine is the Runner 2 discount for PS3, PS Vita, or both? I already have it for PS3 but would prefer it on Vita (as I do with most games) since it wasn’t cross buy.

Edd-Doloroso said:

May 5th, 8:11 am

@4 yeah for sure it does, just like the company.

nnn222 said:

May 5th, 8:13 am

We want some great PS PLUS games for PS4. its been two months since i enjoyed a PLUS game on PS4. And
PES14??? come on

DelicaGunz said:

May 5th, 8:13 am

I prefer most games on the vita thats why I also love the Remote Play feature so my daughter can watch her games.

DawsongEscobar said:

May 5th, 8:13 am

This week sucks.

VirgoCrest said:

May 5th, 8:13 am

@6: Games have to have above a certain Metacritic rating, 70 I believe, to make on to PS+.

@9: PES is already on the instant collection in Britain.

Blind-Lunacy said:

May 5th, 8:15 am

I’m Definitely trying Stick it to the man, it will take me mind off of that soccer game -_-
and i will pick up Prototype in the sale.

Gorvi said:

May 5th, 8:15 am

I’m really glad more people will be playing Stick it to the Man, such an overlooked gem. Nothing for me this week, though, and man, those Activision discounts are sad. I mean, savings is savings, but those are almost insulting.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

May 5th, 1:05 pm

That’s actually due more to the way the grid is laid out, I’m having Justin update the text, but it’s comparing Plus prices to Regular Sale prices. I’ll try and make sure that’s clearer moving forward.

Morggo said:

May 5th, 8:15 am

Is Runner2 for PS3 and/or Vita ?

GummyCore said:

May 5th, 8:16 am

Many of those sale titles should be going for $4.99 like the flash sale. Well, it’s Activision, nuff said.

Edd-Doloroso said:

May 5th, 8:16 am

@16 I’m talking about PS Plus Brazil, not PS Plus Britain (I would say PS Plus Europe, too)

mwatcher said:

May 5th, 8:17 am

Getting really sick of some you just whining like there’s no tomorrow. Frankly, please cancel your Plus subscription if you don’t like free games in general. I appreciate what’s been offered so far since inception of the IGC.

Rapid_arion said:

May 5th, 8:18 am

Kristine, when coming up to igc Dishonored??thanks!

JnF_Gho5t said:

May 5th, 8:20 am

Thanks Kristine

WICKEDGHOST187 said:

May 5th, 8:21 am

Kristine are we ever going to see cheaper digital games on the store. Because I can go out and pay the same for a game as you guys charge on the store.

Edd-Doloroso said:

May 5th, 8:21 am

@22 It is not free at all, but people should’nt whine that much too. (After all I believe we are more a marketing tool than customers)

GummyCore said:

May 5th, 8:21 am

Personally I would like to see a sale comprising all of previous IGC titles. Many new comers to PS+ would have missed them before. Have a sale and offer them at a good price (since they were in IGC before, the market value must have dropped significantly, not to mention the age). Give current PS+ member a even bigger discount.

AnonymousNinja7 said:

May 5th, 8:23 am

That Activision sale is pretty bad considering the amazing Golden week and flash sales there has been recently. Quite the disappointment this week for the IGC but I guess there can’t be winners every week.

oscarloria said:

May 5th, 8:23 am

Muramasa?

sirqweirDY said:

May 5th, 8:27 am

Great to get PES 2014!
Glad more folks will be able to try Stick it to the man.

AnonymousNinja7 said:

May 5th, 8:28 am

@29 that’s Europe ps plus this week, its on sale right now for like $7 if u hurry

mwatcher said:

May 5th, 8:29 am

@26 not sure what you mean by marketing tool when it costs some money to not charge customers for essentially free games. I get what you say when it’s not totally free but compared to Xbox’s version of the program there is definitely a lot more value in Sony’s version.

sethisthegoat said:

May 5th, 8:29 am

Pretty shallow week. I will try Stick it to the Man only because it’s free.

Titan Attacks might get me eventually, if it’s discounted a little bit more.

But, nothing for me here this week. But I’m still enjoying Child of Light and Octodad, and may pick up Bound by Flame later in the week. Or The Show, depending on reviews of both. Either of those games would probably carry me through the summer till Madden or Destiny.

What’s going on with Secret Ponchos? I’ve been looking forward to it for a while.

iREVOLTER said:

May 5th, 8:31 am

Hoorah! Thx Kristine for heads-up ;). PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! As usual Activision Sale sux, better try next time on your discount Vision Acti ;)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

May 5th, 1:06 pm

See my response to #18, that might help clarify the sales :)

Fardeenah said:

May 5th, 8:32 am

PES 2014 ! im glad!

Rirse said:

May 5th, 8:33 am

First PS+ game I am not even going to bother to “own”. Soccer just doesn’t interest me at all. Also would rather had the Sly game the other parts of America are getting.

VitorCoala said:

May 5th, 8:34 am

When this games will come to psn Plus… Cause my Psn Plus still with April Games ‘-‘ someone can help me?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

May 5th, 1:07 pm

The games listed above will be available when the store updates tomorrow, 5/6.

Milanzzo said:

May 5th, 8:35 am

Nothing really interesting this week… little deception :(

bt1234567892010 said:

May 5th, 8:35 am

Stick it to the Man sounds awesome, shame I don’t have a PS4 :/

PES 2014 is….meh, I’ve seen footage, it’d be fun to play with a friend, but, I’m not a sports game person myself.

The sales…well…suck…badly. The only one that would remotely interest me is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, but you can buy it for 30 bucks on disc, so even though plus can get it for 4 bucks cheaper for a digital copy, it’s not a big enough sale to say, “hey, buy this game here, instead of at your store, it’s much cheaper.” There’s also both Prototypes, but they’re not exceptional, a whole couple bucks off, wow.

*sigh* I figured this month wouldn’t be that good after seeing this month’s IGC, and it’s already looking that way. I can’t complain since they’re free, but, after January-April being incredible, this one’s very, very week.

bt1234567892010 said:

May 5th, 8:36 am

Weak, I mean, not week >.>

snakeeyes211 said:

May 5th, 8:36 am

nothing interesting to me this week :-(

snakeeyes211 said:

May 5th, 8:37 am

When are we getting HBO go for the PS4?

Qatsmasher said:

May 5th, 8:40 am

Activision has the audacity to call that a sale? Hahahahaha. Get outta here.

PanTheMan16 said:

May 5th, 8:41 am

OooOO look at those sales! A dollar off? TWO dollars off?!?! We must have died and gone to heaven!

Activision cares about money and NOTHING else, more than any other publisher out there. So why are they even offering this “sale” when their “sale” prices clearly show that it is not something they want to do? They don’t even want to lose a dollar if they can help it. And really, any sale that isn’t at least 50% off is pretty lame.

saab01 said:

May 5th, 8:48 am

Will try stick it to the man and see how it plays but PES 2014 is a no go for me. CAnt believe a sports game was added instead of anything else that could of been chosen.

LightOfValkyrie said:

May 5th, 8:49 am

*yawn* Another boring week.

sonnench87 said:

May 5th, 8:49 am

really, you are all this stupid waiting for the store to refresh? its been available online since last wednesday, you just go to the online store on a laptop and buy the game then turn on your ps4 and the game downloads. im in the uk and have done this to get every ps plus game early.

TeamGreen615 said:

May 5th, 8:50 am

I’m happy to try out PES 2014. My son plays soccer so this is something we can play together. Thanks!

TwinDad said:

May 5th, 8:53 am

Two wonderful games this week, can’t wait to play both of them.

I would like to thank you for exploring other genres, I’m not a fan of the FPS, and it’s nice that your spread the wealth around to other genres.

blemishedsumo said:

May 5th, 8:58 am

Man what’s with all the pes 14 hate! Maybe it should’ve been Junes IGC addition but it’s a World Cup year, it’s a good call. Stick it to the man looks fun, can’t wait to try that

PAGE 1 2 3 5