God of War

May 05

May 05

PlayStation Plus: Stick it to the Man and PES 2014 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Tomorrow, PlayStation Plus members get two very different types of games – Stick it to the Man on PS4, an adventure game with platforming elements mixed in, and PES 2014 PS3, the latest entry in Konami’s venerable soccer series.

Stick it to the Man boasts a bright, animation-inspired aesthetic and witty dialogue. You’ll navigate puzzles as Ray, a normal guy with a completely average pink arm sticking out of his head. The extra appendage allows him to see other people’s thoughts and grab stickers from their brains.

On the other hand (get it?), Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 on PS3 features Konami’s revamped FOX Engine, placing more of an emphasis on ball movement via a new physics system and improved player AI. “GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL…kick.” I had a soccer coach who used to do that all the time. It was annoying.

You can download Stick it to the Man and Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, May 6th.

Plus - Stick it to the Man

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Stick it to the Man (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Stick it to the Man
On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn’t have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PES 2014
Experience a whole new ball game with KONAMI’s PES 2014. The stunning new FOX Engine has been combined with a revolutionary soccer system that puts the ball at the heart of the action for the first time. Every element has been rebuilt and now features all-new physics systems, custom team and player AI and a huge leap forward in animations and atmosphere.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Bit.Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien $7.99 $9.99
Hakuoki: Stories Of The Shinsengumi $27.19 $39.99
Titan Attacks! (PS4) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (PS3) $10.79 $11.99
Titan Attacks! (Vita) $10.79 $11.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/13)

Instant Game Collection

Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Multiplayer Havoc Pack
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron – Massive Fury Pack
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #1
Transformers: War For Cybertron Map And Character Pack #2
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Maps And Characters Dlc
Prototype

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

TwinDad said:

May 5th, 8:58 am

@sonnench87,

The EU store updated last wednesday to include your months worth of PS+ titles. The US/NA store does not work that way, we get a “dose” of weekly titles, and they are not listed or available as free until they update their price in the US/NA store.

Personal insults, don’t need to be made, most of the people commenting know how the US/NA PS+ works.

Satnamji said:

May 5th, 9:01 am

Stick it to the Man looks fun! Now I just need a PS4, unless it’s a cross buy with PS3 or Vita.

Omnifarious said:

May 5th, 9:02 am

While I’m usually highly positive and encouraging of company sales, I will admit that this Activision one seems a little like they just wanted to have their name advertised on the store without actually offering anything significant to consumers. Prototype 2 for $20? Really? That game is over 2 years old at this point.

Ah well. Regardless, thanks for the post!

NickMulder said:

May 5th, 9:08 am

Nothing for me this week unfortunately. Hopefully there will be better sales next week. 10% off is a dreadful sale, I’m sorry Activision but everyone else offers competitive pricing on their sales and you seemingly never do.

kimboforever said:

May 5th, 9:08 am

wow,thank activition for a good laugh,his sales discount are mindblowing hahahahahaha.

Dlilith said:

May 5th, 9:09 am

WOW! I’m surprised… This sale sucks =( Just if… If Cabelas was 5 or 8$ in in this sale i would think buying it, but at this price I’ll not get anything ahahahhahahha Anyway thanks for th PS+ Games… I don’t like PES, but I’ll play a little bit…. Stick it To the man seens to be good in another hand =D Thank you!

Grimm01 said:

May 5th, 9:21 am

Seriously PlayStation give us PS4 oweners a real game for instant collection whare the hell is drive club?? give us killzone shaddow fall I bet its not selling verry well because its not call of duty or battle field I had it but traded it in or give us knack stick it to the man should be a free vita game stop putting these indy games for free on ps4 and give us a full game id lik e octodad for free it looks fun

bajor27 said:

May 5th, 9:24 am

I feel like I need to voice some support for Stick It To The Man. I think it looks great and I can’t wait to download it and try it once I finish up Octodad.

BlawxEX said:

May 5th, 9:27 am

Stick to the man? That’s unfortunate. Maybe something better next moth *sigh*

charleschannels said:

May 5th, 9:28 am

I’ll try Stick It To The Man for sure. Indie games have surprised me as of lately with their fun factor. Having said that, I would like to see Knack free for + users. I had it but traded it in. Now I miss it… Or Daylight would be nice too.

Edd-Doloroso said:

May 5th, 9:28 am

@32 Marketing tools because when a sequel is coming, they always give the lastest installment in the series.. Just stating the pattern :P
Examples: Borderlands 2
PES 14(6 months till the next PES right? lmao)
Tomb Raider PS3 when the PS4 version was coming out
GRID 2 (advertised as a full price game, and shortly after they re-price to 25 bucks.. then released a complete version with all DLC’s for $60, jerk move if you ask but “FU give me money!”)
Batman Arkham City
Hotline Miami.. and so on.

@36 Yeah Ryser! That’s a shame.
We (PS+ US) get more (s)crap down our throats more often than our fellow PS+ counterparts..
AMURICA!

@37 Vitor Coala
They take a while to update the store.. by tomorrow they’ll already had changed it.

@44 Yeah it’s like 5% of discount? GTFO, that’s is a shame to put them as PS Plus discounts, even more when is not shown the original price on the store, which is totally stupid (A game price is $25, $15 for PS Plus, then after its over you discover it originally cost $40 and you missed the freakin-offer)

Activision has the audacity to call that a sale? Hahahahaha. Get outta here.²

Hey folks add me! I need friends ;-;

Rezolution77 said:

May 5th, 9:30 am

Not a very good week, but suppose that is due to some HD remakes arriving soon.
Too bad I will not buy any of them day one, or remotely close. Already bougtht GOW HD, on PS3.
Boderlands though tempting, does not seem to deserve full retail that Killzone deserved.

And what kind of a sale is that? Leave it to Activision to put sale prices on games I would not even want, if they reduced by another 50%.

Oh well, the 99¢ sale was nice, and rain, tales of symphonia, chrono cross /trigger, and got me with Lora Croft guadian of light is plenty.

Still enjoying Need for Speed Vita too.

Thanks.

(Would seriously like to redownload purchased movies though…….. memory is expensive
. Will not buy again unless you )

Dangisuckatgamin said:

May 5th, 9:30 am

I swear some people are never happy. I understand that it kind of sucks we are getting Indie for PS4 but what the hell are we supposed to get otherwise? They WILL NOT, do I need to type it again? WILL NOT give us retail games at this time for ps4. They are selling up the butt so what’s the point of giving them free. And to #57, who suggest Killzone that’s just ignorant.

And about the free soccer, I’m actually kind of excited. I never buy soccer games and it’s something different. Better than a FPS or similar.. so sick of the entire gaming industry being FPS.

Deadpoolian said:

May 5th, 9:33 am

Looking forward to Stick it to the Man! I’ve heard good things about it.

mmitch079 said:

May 5th, 9:44 am

Looking forward to Stick it to the Man. Maybe I’ll like PES since I haven’t played a soccer game since Fifa 95 on the Genesis. McBride on Ireland all day.

bt1234567892010 said:

May 5th, 9:45 am

@57 you sir, are a hypocrite, you say you don’t want Indie games as free PS4 games, but Octodad’s an Indie game, which you said you wanted.

Plus, the PS4’s library’s very small right now with retail games, it’s primarily indie titles, so you’ll have to suck it up and deal with it, or don’t pay for Plus if you don’t want what you’re given for 5 bucks a month, cheaper than if you bought the game itself. Plus is only worth it if you want more than just retail games. Also, if you traded Killzone, why did you trade it? You should’ve kept it if you liked it and played it a lot. Also, your spelling’s atrocious.

yrdr said:

May 5th, 9:45 am

Apparently its a good week for me. I played pes 2014 on the pc but I am happy to try it on the ps3. I grew up with soccer and i am an american and it will always be my favorite sport. Plus I cant wait for the world cup to see us play Germany and more matches. I will also try stick it to the man because it looks interesting.

PanTheMan16 said:

May 5th, 9:45 am

Grimm, KZ sold over 2 million copies. And it’s not feasible for Sony to give away AAA PS4 games at this point. There are simply not enough of them yet. They have only a few and to give them away for free would be horrible for business. The reason we got PS4’s at such a reasonable price is because Sony sold them for about 1/3rd of what it actually costs to manufacture. They rely on software (game) sales to make that money back and turn a profit.

bt1234567892010 said:

May 5th, 9:45 am

edit: wanted, not traded.

There should be an edit comment function.

carlpain said:

May 5th, 9:46 am

PES for me this week.

carlpain said:

May 5th, 9:51 am

About the Activision sale: They are greedy as hell. They never have a decent sale. Not even for Steam.

Mando44646 said:

May 5th, 9:55 am

Nothing for me on Vita as usual for the last month or two. PES on PS3 looks fun though!

ChaoticAssault31 said:

May 5th, 9:59 am

Leave it to Activision to have horrible sales. It would be a miracle if something is over 5% off.

dodgedoors said:

May 5th, 10:05 am

@68 Pantheman16 PS4 cost $381 to manufacture, sony even said so to IGN and other news sites. Where the hell did you get your figure? You seriously thought it cost $1,200 per system?

Lefoul-123 said:

May 5th, 10:07 am

Can not wait for pes 2014. We need more sports games. The replayabily is amasing in sport games.

djsaiyan said:

May 5th, 10:09 am

$22.49 for Prototype 2 with all the DLC sounds like a great deal. It’s still $30 at most places around here, no DLC included.

Stick It To The Man should be a good time.

PES isn’t my thing, but I kinda wanna see how the Fox Engine translates to games other than Metal Gear Solid 5 so I’ll give it a whirl.

Good week :)

Btw, Fall of Cybertron is great. Highly recommended.

Guimace said:

May 5th, 10:10 am

Weak sale, Activision.

Strock33 said:

May 5th, 10:12 am

This is maybe like the 3rd sports game ever put on PS plus and everybody loses their mind. Some people hate FPSs and RPGs whats the problem with changing the genre one out of every 100 times

Rezznak said:

May 5th, 10:15 am

Meh. Come on Sony! give us an update on HELLDIVERS, N++, OR HOHOKUM!

Mando44646 said:

May 5th, 10:26 am

wow Activision sales are a joke

DanteMerfi said:

May 5th, 10:28 am

Just out of principle I’m never spending a dime on an Activision game again. Putrid cheapskate sales.

davidbustillos said:

May 5th, 10:35 am

Nice ! Now can we get helldivers please!

Welmosca said:

May 5th, 10:43 am

Will be adding Stick it to the Man to my download list and that’s that.

PainOfSarrow said:

May 5th, 10:50 am

Grimm octodad is a indie game…

thuniko said:

May 5th, 10:58 am

Well, there is really nothing for me this week, see ya!

KiLLjoY-42481 said:

May 5th, 11:03 am

Had ps + on the ps3 since day two. Then just carried over my ps + over to the ps4. But now for my wife and i to play we have to buy 2 plus subscriptions. Fine. But wow. Ps3 in recent months I’ve gotten free copies of tomb raider, dmc, payday2, borderlands 2, bio shock…but for the ps4? Really sony! Two ps+ for a year and i get zombie apoc that we already platinum for ps3 long ago. Resogun? Mec kings barely works online and almost didn’t for a couple weeks. Oh, and i buy everything through you. Wheres the digital copy of diablo 3? Why cant i use my ps3 version for ps4? Awesome system. But this store bothers me. The money i pay twice over for a game each month hurts too. Got the plats, but would love an actual full game. Amazing spidey is awesome.

boomstickbhg said:

May 5th, 11:14 am

As always, nothing for me in the IGC.

I do appreciate the regular sales, but it would be nice if the majority of the games weren’t A) really old for the system and B) games that have been on sale over and over.

Day 1 discounts on some recent releases is a nice trend even if the games so far haven’t been of interest to me.

jab__661 said:

May 5th, 11:18 am

Great job on flash sales and on the ps3 games for the IGC. Can we stop getting indie games for ps4, though? The PS4 and Vita games have been very underwhelming for ps plus members.

boomstickbhg said:

May 5th, 11:18 am

Oh also, still waiting for a proper PS4 game to replace Drive Club in the IGC since that was delayed right before launch…

lisatsunami said:

May 5th, 11:24 am

Hakuoki on deep discount before release?!!!! I guess I’m the only one in America who pre-ordered this :-(

m1ondiado said:

May 5th, 11:28 am

And dlc outlasts????

thesmellycatjazz said:

May 5th, 11:29 am

I’m in awe of just how bad this “sale” is. 10% off is kind of an insult, especially on these old mediocre/bad games and DLC. Activision, this is why people by your games used.

xClayMeow said:

May 5th, 11:29 am

Providing the Vita version of Stick it to the Man would save this crappy PS+ month for Vita owners.

DOGWITCH said:

May 5th, 11:34 am

not good plus discounts. mostly do to greedy activison

ferrers405 said:

May 5th, 11:38 am

Activision sales are the worst…

Swotam said:

May 5th, 12:02 pm

Nothing to see here, carry on.

zeenick said:

May 5th, 12:03 pm

As much as I would like to complain about the crappy activision discounts and PES 2014 this week I can’t after that Golden Sale and flash sale. Hoping next week brings another awesome sale like those.

purse317 said:

May 5th, 12:06 pm

Hi Kristine

I know you didn’t set these prices but please tell whoever did a 10% discount on old games will not spur sales. A gam elike prototype should be $10 or less $5 if you really want to see it sell. The same is true for the other game sup for sale above.

Notice how we eagerly participated in the other sales last week and over the weekend.

bonestorm1234 said:

May 5th, 12:07 pm

@ KiLLjoY-42481

Why the hell would you need seperate subscriptions for PS4 and PS3 ?
Simply make your Plus Account you had or you wanna keep as primary Account for PS4 so if you use another Account on that PS4 you can play it right away.

PS3 works the same way, but you don´t have to set it as primary Account. Only PSVita allows just 1 Account which is a problem if you wanna play the + games with another account which has no psplus it doesn´t work.

Stick it to the Man looks interesting. Mercenary Kings i didn´t want to try because i don´t want too much trophies in my list of games which I think make no fun for me. I couldn´t see myself spending more than 5 minutes with that game.

@ Activision Sale Haters
I don´t get why you get so mad about the sales. Better a littlebit cheaper than full price or not ? Maybe Activision needs the money more than the big companies. THQ closed… Lots of other companies closed. I´m happy Activision is still here and they made a lot good games in the last console generations. Tony Hawks Skateboarding was super fun. Darksiders for PS3 was cool too.

Sorry for my bad writing – me tired. Going to sleep zzzz

purse317 said:

May 5th, 12:10 pm

Ahhh so Activision set these prices ok Kristine plz no more Activision sales you can see we don’t like them.