God of War

May 08

May 08

PlayStation Store Top Sellers: April 2014

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Have you played Trials Fusion? Statistically speaking, if you’re a PS4 owner chances are good. It’s a ridiculous game that I couldn’t put down for a week after starting it, so it’s good to see it sitting atop the PS4 list this month.

Young Horses’ unpredictable octopus sim Octodad: Dadliest Catch flailed to the #2 spot, with all the grace and elegance of a suit-wearing cephalopod, while Ubisoft’s awe-inspiring JRPG tribute Child of Light debuted at #3. inFAMOUS Second Son is still going strong, and Final Fantasy XIV managed to land two separate spots on the PS4 list (one for the Collector’s Edition).

Minecraft sits upon a blocky throne on the PS3 side, while a gaggle of unexpected entries invaded the list (looks like people dig those sales we put on from time to time — guess we’ll have to keep doing ’em).

Brian Provinciano’s Retro City Rampage took over the PS Vita top spot this month, with Muramasa Rebirth and Urban Trial Freestyle close behind.

Here are the rest of your PlayStation Store top sellers for the month of April 2014. Head over to the EU PlayStation.Blog to see how your faves fared internationally.

PS4 Games

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts – Onslaught
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse
  3. Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass
  4. Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 5: Son of Crawmerax
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Vengeance

Classics

1. Gex: Enter the Gecko (PS1)
  2. Red Faction 2 (PS2)
  3. Red Faction (PS2)
  4. Chrono Trigger (PS1)
  5. Persona 4 (PS2)

PS Mobile

1. Sola Gallery
  2. Don’t Die Dateless, Dummy!
  3. Trolly Bird
  4. Sola Weather
  5. Sola Radio

Add Your Own

Thwip said:

May 8th, 10:02 am

Just finished Child of Light last night (say that 10 times quickly), what an amazing little game, nice to see it sitting at #3 on PS4

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 8th, 10:22 am

Awesome! I’m taking my time with this one — I want to savor it.

PanTheMan16 said:

May 8th, 10:08 am

Glad to see the love that Child of Light and Octodad are getting. Both of these games are great. Steamworld Dig deserves more love than it’s getting though. I really enjoyed that one.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

May 8th, 10:09 am

Sad to see Ys didn’t make the top 10.

Teh_AKOD said:

May 8th, 10:10 am

Picked a ton of those games last month and didn’t even spend $20 on them. I love PSN sales. They should do more of those 0.99 cents ones. Gonna pick Child Of Light next month.

Malkavilis said:

May 8th, 10:13 am

@Justin Massongill -> The “PS3 Add-ons” section is repeating the “PS3 Games” 5 first positions. Please fix it. Thanks.

saab01 said:

May 8th, 10:30 am

Would of loved to play octodad but the price in my eyes was just too high. After playing the demo for child of light it didn’t feel it was a game that I would of been glad to pay for it. The whole turn by turn gameplay turned me off.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 8th, 11:06 am

Child of Light’s battle system is surprisingly more fast-paced than its turn-based nature might imply. And Octodad is a riot — playing co-op with roulette enabled is pure chaos.

auron2 said:

May 8th, 10:43 am

Every time you post one of these it reminds me of Pulse. Man, I miss that show.

cinnamonpirate said:

May 8th, 10:44 am

@Robbie_G_Irish
Ys is always going to be a niche game. I’m playing through it right now and enjoying it but it’s exactly the same as the PSP installments. It’s an old series and all the characters are so darn chipper. If there are monsters in your world and everyone keeps dying from them, you’re not going to be a happy lad, right?

Alucard-XII said:

May 8th, 11:09 am

It’s also sad not to see Towerfall Ascension in that list.

red_tyrant said:

May 8th, 11:19 am

This is like a sick joke, honestly. You guys put Gotham City Impostors in 8th place like is some kind of achievement. The game is gonna be unplayable after May 31. Im a huge Sony fan, but selling a game that only will work for 1 month without some kind of advise is unforgivable.

saab01 said:

May 8th, 11:37 am

Gotham city imposters is going offline??? Didn’t know that

saab01 said:

May 8th, 11:38 am

Hopefully in the Future I will be able to Ocotodad once I see a price drop.

NSDI said:

May 8th, 11:41 am

Don’t know why Sony won’t reveal the actual copies sold. The ranking does not really tell us who a game is doing. I don’t business people way want to keep a lot of secrets, but this rank does not hype me at all. Just saying.

iREVOLTER said:

May 8th, 12:01 pm

Dat 0.99 Flash Sale Top!

DoutorPierre said:

May 8th, 12:02 pm

I lost the flash sale of 0,99 why you have to come here and remember it to me :(

UnholyBahamut said:

May 8th, 12:12 pm

wow, I can’t believe Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are no longer in the top 5 of classics, well I guess all the people that wanted to play those games already have them.

Dilrow said:

May 8th, 12:24 pm

I thought that putting Gotham City Impostors on the 0.99 flash sale was an insult, because the game will close in less than a month, but to see that it’s in 8th place on sales makes me angry… I love playstation but this kind of decisions are just wrong, you just took advantage of people that didn’t know the game will be unplayable after May 31st.

fresno75 said:

May 8th, 12:38 pm

game was 99c lol. get over it

DonArmageddon said:

May 8th, 12:39 pm

So great seeing Octodad at #2 with barely a week’s availability. PS4’s off to a great start supporting quirky, fun-for-all experiences. Now I’m tempted to buy Stick it to the Man for Vita justto throw money at the devs.

LouTheVI said:

May 8th, 12:52 pm

@17 call and request a refund if it is that big of a deal. The game was $.99. If you played it even once you got your money’s worth.

Welmosca said:

May 8th, 1:01 pm

There are good games on the top this month…this is rarity….taking off minecraft,back to the future and jurassic park…hard to believe people waste money on that….jurassic park….Jesus that game ain’t even worth for free.

And always sad to see CoD on the top DLCs….how can people be sooo sheep?

Guimace said:

May 8th, 1:17 pm

@21: I thought Back to the Future was really fun! :)

red_tyrant said:

May 8th, 1:29 pm

@18 We donĀ“t care about the money. We are talking about trusting Sony again with this “wonderful sales”. Selling ONLINE ONLY games one month before the servers shutdown is just a terrible business practice and a lie to the consumers. Doesn’ matter the price. You are part of the problem if you think this is ok.

Jesteraron said:

May 8th, 2:15 pm

Hey Playstation team…when are you going to add the ability to “Search” my downloads on the store (both for PS3 and PS4)? This is a MUCH needed tool. I have over 1000 downloads now and it’s near impossible to find things. Perhaps a simple search based on title (i.e. Keyword for title) and then perhaps a category (game, avatar, theme, etc). Please please please…this is VERY needed.

Ryun0911 said:

May 8th, 2:27 pm

LOL must be a hard fight for gold among the 3 other crappy games it competed against. I mean come on enough Indy crap already, we all cheer because we have nothing else to get excited about. Another few months when we get some actual PS4 games and we wont even remember the name.

Ryun0911 said:

May 8th, 2:31 pm

P.S I say 3 because lets face it anyone with a PS4 that wanted infamous or any other other PS4 game had it long before april. Lol they still have Battlefield in there, simply trying to hype **** so more people buy it because they have nothing else to do with their machine.

cool_trainer said:

May 8th, 2:33 pm

When I see your avatar on a blog post I get a little excited for a new PaRappa announcement for a quick second. :|

Paltheos said:

May 8th, 3:27 pm

Likewise, Robbie_G. Ys: Memories of Celceta is really a blast, so it’s disappointing it didn’t sell better last month.

On the flip side, Muramasa really cleaned house (even if it was also on sale, $7 is amazingly low!), and that’s great! It’s really one of the best games on the console, and there’s more DLC to come!

ch8882002usnavy said:

May 8th, 5:14 pm

I got 3 of the top PS4 games, 11 of the top PS3 games, 1 of the top Vita games. and 1 of the top PSP games. I am loving these .99 sales, flash sales, and all the other sales that Sony is putting up there.

On a side note I am also enjoying Child of Light and Octodad. I play COL when I want a more serious type game and Octodad when I feel like just screwing around.

Mando44646 said:

May 8th, 5:20 pm

Wish I had more to play on my PS4. It just sits there collecting dust. So far, its only been used for AC4, Infamous, and the new Spidey

tusunami said:

May 8th, 5:42 pm

I have quite a bit of these games I just have to finish up some of my other games first then I will start playing some of these. Octodad and trials fusion are great games that I’m glad I purchased indie games are the best!!!!!!!!

davidxraw said:

May 8th, 11:09 pm

The 99 cent indie flash sale was definitely a success. Can we see another one this weekend? Some games I’d like to see for 99 cents are Echochrome, Flower, Limbo, Cubixx HD, Journey, Papo & Yo, and Bentley’s Hackpack.

Knight_Blaze21 said:

May 8th, 11:44 pm

Gotham City Impostors doesn’t have an offline mode right? If not, then thank the heavens I didn’t fall for this scam.

Guimace said:

May 9th, 9:35 am

@33: Nope, the game only works online.

Welmosca said:

May 9th, 11:15 am

@ 7 auron2 – Damn dawg…I agree….I miss Pulse too.

Fiznu said:

May 12th, 4:53 pm

To all of the haters out there…the one’s saying “My PS4 is collecting dust” or “there are no games to play”. Take a step back and look at the launch games available 5 months after the Xbox 360 or the PS3 launched! The PS4 has an EXCELLENT lineup of games considering that IT JUST LAUNCHED! Want to play an FPS? Get COD or Battlefield. Open world game? Infamous (my personal favorite so far). Interesting experience that you havent played before? Octodad. “Old School”? Resogun and Mercenary Kings. If “it’s just collecting dust”, I suspect it’s because you haven’t looked at all of the games available! I am playing quite a bit, mostly on games I got for FREE with my existing PS+ membership!