PlayStation VR

May 15

May 15

Far Cry 4 Coming to PS4, PS3 This November

Michael Madavi's Avatar Posted by Content Producer, Ubisoft

Far Cry 4 for PS4, PS3

Far Cry is back! We’re proud to announce that Far Cry 4, the latest installment in our critically and player acclaimed FPS series, will be available this year on November 18th in North America on PS4 and PS3.

Of course, you can expect the same unique, open-world gameplay that has set Far Cry apart from more traditional shooters. Far Cry 4 will be set in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous, and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic, self-appointed king. This is not your standard FPS. You will be equipped with a vast array of weapons, animals, and vehicles, and our highly detailed and interactive open-world will let players write their own story across an exotic and varied landscape.

Customers who pre-order Far Cry 4 receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed, single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3’s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler.” The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

We can’t wait to show you more from Far Cry 4. Stay tuned on our Facebook and Twitter for the latest, and be sure to tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4. Kyrat awaits you.

Add Your Own

Kai_Shenlong said:

May 15th, 12:57 pm

@SHORT73RM

Sony hasn’t even -made- 40 million PS4s. Give them time, though. End of the year, maybe.

deadlysin687 said:

May 15th, 12:59 pm

I was just replaying Far Cry 3! If Ubi doesn’t slow down every game in my collection will be from them!

avatarguy said:

May 15th, 1:13 pm

Will buy this game day one if it is 59.99$ on PS4 other wise I will just wait and buy it use to make sure Ubisoft & Ubisoft Montreal gets no money. love this franchise hope I will be able to continue supporting this developer and publisher.

leptonic said:

May 15th, 1:14 pm

Great!!!

plaztiksyke said:

May 15th, 1:29 pm

Would love to see the original trilogy on PS4 in 1080p 60fps 3D.

Will this game support sterescopic 3D on 3D TVs? Move+Navigation controller support?

Vita as cross-controller/second screen?

SHOR73RM said:

May 15th, 1:29 pm

@+ Kai_Shenlong

I never said they did….

Kai_Shenlong said:

May 15th, 1:46 pm

@SHOR73RM

I was just joking around, I knew you weren’t serious. I know the number on what they’re sold, PS4 wise. Only about 7.5 Million so far.

actio1_618 said:

May 15th, 2:08 pm

Blooddragon2, you guys!

froudeybrand said:

May 15th, 2:08 pm

I hope we see some more manly cover art, I am not a homophobic person but it looks rather gay lol

SHOR73RM said:

May 15th, 2:22 pm

@Kai_Shenlong

no worries, man :)

Psycho_Eddie said:

May 15th, 2:26 pm

No LSD induced combat sequences with the antagonist in this one please. defeating the antagonist should be rewarding and climatic.

BahumatIsBack said:

May 15th, 2:34 pm

Am I supposed to be scared of the guy with blonde highlights, open collar and the pink suit?

PanTheMan16 said:

May 15th, 2:44 pm

@Kai_Shenlong, ilu2

@Bahamut, you don’t like him? I think he looks very Far-Cry-villain-ish.

Kai_Shenlong said:

May 15th, 3:10 pm

@PanTheMan16

Yeah, that guy looks the part of a Far Cry villain. Reminds me of Vaas.

Kai_Shenlong said:

May 15th, 3:12 pm

Can’t edit posts, so…

Why does he have the pin to a grenade on the index finger of the hand on top of that guy’s head? This guy looks a bit unstable, now that I caught that detail. Yep, Far Cry villain.

BulletTooth228 said:

May 15th, 3:21 pm

Is UBI aiming for 1080P 60fps this time? cause everyone else seems to be hitting the target no problem and to me personally show a lack of interest / effort.

PanTheMan16 said:

May 15th, 3:23 pm

Never said he resembled previous villains. I said he looks like A villain. He’s got that psychopathic/sociopathic/borderline-comic-book look about him. His flamboyant appearance also (slightly) reminds me of Javier Bardem’s character in Skyfall.

PanTheMan16 said:

May 15th, 3:25 pm

Also, the guy next to him is holding the grenade.

Kai_Shenlong said:

May 15th, 3:29 pm

@PanTheMan16

Ah. I can’t actually see the image in the post, just the one in the big preview that cuts off at the second guy’s chest, couldn’t see the grenade. But yeah, now I can see the resemblance to the Skyfall villain. This guy just looks unhinged.

DaNTi3L said:

May 15th, 5:03 pm

Awesome !! here to hoping we see gameplay at E3.

BahumatIsBack said:

May 15th, 5:42 pm

@PanTheMan – I know better than to judge a character til I see em in action and hear their voice. I loved Far Cry 3 and am sure they’re doing a great job with this one. I just thought it was a funny visual combination. He just looks like the 30 year old d bag that still hangs out at clubs trying to be cool with the young crowd

@Sony – you still haven’t fixed the latest Wolfenstein post links. Can’t read the article

Psycho_Eddie said:

May 15th, 5:44 pm

I kinda hope he has a bohemian euro-trash accent to go with his Leisure Suit Larry look.

Psycho_Eddie said:

May 15th, 5:46 pm

…and his name should be Bootsie.

Mticg said:

May 15th, 5:55 pm

Sick!!! Finally!!!

tusunami said:

May 15th, 6:22 pm

@Misbik your still playing fc2 multiplayer there online is atrocious and your still playing it aye Lol. But on another note I haven’t even played the third game.

DragonIrons said:

May 15th, 6:24 pm

@6 Get the Plat? crap I still have to get Far Cry 3 to begin with! lmao….. Having a huge backlog of games sucks rofl…. at least I think it does….

Hayterfan said:

May 15th, 6:29 pm

If Farcry is being announced now then I better see Beyond Good & Evil 2 at Someone’s E3 conference/digital event

BlaqMagiq24 said:

May 15th, 6:50 pm

I need to get into this series STAT!!!

Viewtiful_Gene said:

May 15th, 9:22 pm

Wow!
Is this the born of ANOTHER ANNUAL FPS CRAP?!
Man! This generation sure looks outstanding! Seriously: Casual and lifeless shooters or “action” movies err I mean games until you get sick of it! On BOTH consoles!!! (oh, wait, the PS4 also has INDIE GAMES that nobody cares about!!! wooooow)
Congratulations Ubisoft!
Hopefully Far Cry 4 will have the same destiny that all current modern “AAA” games have (or that should have): To be forgotten 2 weeks after its release. Yeah, CoD Ghosts says hi.

So, Ubisoft, what kind of glorious video that won’t show the real game will you show to start the “hype”? I bet you will pass it as a scripted as hell sequence that will actually be a pre-rendered video that probably we won’t even see in the final game! Or maybe you will just show MOVIE sequences! yeah, that’s more simple and cheap, but, wait, the videos won’t even look as good as the final product either!! Ha ha man, you all are so crazy.

LightningPanther said:

May 15th, 9:52 pm

PanTheMan16 said:

May 16th, 2:25 am

@Viewtiful_Gene, have you played the previous games in the series? Are you trolling. I don’t know why you’re so mad. lol

The first Far Cry is commonly regarded as one of the best PC games ever made, and had some of the most beautiful visuals of it’s time. Personally, I didn’t like it, but eh.

Far Cry 2 was another great game, but due a number of problems it had, it ended up being quite underrated. Honestly I think it was just too mature for a lot of people to have fun with it, but it was incredibly beautiful and immersive.

It would be 4 years before Far Cry 3 was released, which was a HUGE hit. Then we got Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Another HUGE hit.

When Far Cry 4 releases, it will have been 2 years since FC3’s release, so it’s not (yet) an annual series. So, why are you so mad?

bxnycrampage said:

May 16th, 4:28 am

Cool

mastorofpuppetz said:

May 16th, 6:03 am

Gimped cross gen games, this is ridiculous. looks like ps4 sales will start to go poor soon, there is no software coming thats really next gen we are getting limited games due to devs holding unto ancient hardware with 512mb ram, sigh.

mastorofpuppetz said:

May 16th, 6:05 am

@34, no it won;t it’s a last gen port………………..Games need to be built for next gen from the ground up to really take advantage of the hardware.

casag0204 said:

May 16th, 10:46 am

speriamo sia migliore del 3
io amo questa serie

Welmosca said:

May 16th, 11:18 am

Wow you moderators are a joke….you don’t delete “first” comments and hard trolling but yet you delete my comment when I say nothing but truth…ha fine.

Welmosca said:

May 16th, 11:22 am

@ 34 SleezyMartinez – Dude you’re insane if you think a multiplat game will put the PS4 engine to “task” LMAO.

gamer_316 said:

May 16th, 4:25 pm

I hope the frame rate won’t suck like it did in 2 and 3, Far Cry 3 was a very enjoyable game so I hope Ubisoft is building off that along with improving the frame rate, that was the only annoyance I had with Far Cry 3

teamotmp said:

May 16th, 10:25 pm

wow far cry 4 i need that game look cool

fireaspider said:

May 17th, 12:58 am

This can’t happen either 1-sadly this game won’t be as good as FarCry 3 OR 2- it will absolutely be delayed which i really hope because there are too many games and not much time , especially in November days ( But i don’t mean ****** CoD NO there are other games )

OptimusJarrod said:

May 17th, 8:57 am

I love FC3, but this one looks a little more “out there.” Looking forward to it!

ESECR1M1NALX3 said:

May 17th, 1:53 pm

Hell yea this game is bad azz

trizzou said:

May 17th, 7:20 pm

Well I’m excited about this.. Does that villain have a German accent? I bet he does! I couldn’t get enough of 3 and Blood dragon.

davidxraw said:

May 18th, 5:29 pm

Since this is a Ubisoft post I was just wondering if we could maybe get Outland or Beyond Good and Evil HD for 99 cents. I was hoping to see these games on the 99 cent indie flash sale we had awhile back on the PlayStation Store but unfortunately they weren’t included. I was also wondering if we could get a demo for Cloudberry Kingdom? Ubisoft usually provides a demo for all of it’s indie releases. By the way I really enjoyed Far Cry 3. It was an incredible experience. Hopefully this will be just as good.

BahumatIsBack said:

May 18th, 5:43 pm

^^ Since when is Ubisoft an indie developer???

mhn5 said:

May 18th, 7:51 pm

I only hope they improve the story this time around. No offense,but I found “Vaas” to be a very boring character, and this is coming from a person who absolutely adores Video Game/Movie Psychopaths. Not to mention how they entirely glance over Hoyt, which had the potential to be great,but is runner-up for most boring villian of 2013. I do however like how they handled Jason’s transition from whimpy kid to Badass without sacrificing the flow of the game itself.
I also hope they improve the console Map editor which was rather boring and very lacking in comparison to the PC Version.
They fix those problems, Far Cry 4 could be one of the best FPS of the year.

ccrogers15 said:

May 19th, 7:19 am

To the comment about the guy being gay: That is a stupid stereotype. Not all guys who have beach blond hair and wear pink are gay.

iamStilbon said:

May 19th, 9:57 pm

Far Cry 3 was awesome, so looking forward to this game. Definitely going on my pre-order list..

praloysangma said:

May 20th, 8:59 am

Yo hooooo! This is awesome….till we meet again PS4, long live PS3…can’t wait for other games like Watch Dogs, Dying Light, Mad Max, Doom4, Destiny, Call of Duty Advance Warfare and Middle earth shadow of Mordor….only on Playstasion!!!

Zaarma said:

June 3rd, 4:12 pm

i hope they keep the splitscreen coop in this one but improve on it and possibly some more modes for it