Marvel's Spider-Man

May 20

May 20

Transistor Out Today, Listen to a Track from the OST

Greg Kasavin's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Supergiant Games

On behalf of all of us at Supergiant, it’s my pleasure to announce that Transistor is now available on PS4! Get it right here.

Want to know what you’re getting yourself into? Our new launch trailer will give you an idea:

Sometimes we’re asked “who does your trailers,” and the answer is: We do! Our trailers are important to us. Cutting a trailer means packing the atmosphere and feel of our game as tight as possible, to give you a strong impression of what we’re going for.

We think it’s important that our trailers complement our game with original content. This means creating a scene with original art and voiceover that could be taken from some of the gaps in the story. This way, whether you’ve never heard of Transistor or whether you’ve been eyeing its development like a hawk, the trailer will deepen your understanding of the world and its characters.

Speaking of trailers — a question we’ve been getting for over a year now is, when are we going to release the full-length version of the song from Transistor’s reveal trailer? The answer is… right here, right now!

The music in Transistor is a key part of the game, and an integral part of the identity of Red, the game’s main character. “We All Become” is just one of Red’s songs that you’ll hear in the game. Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett, the real-life musicians behind this track, have plenty more where that came from. I recommend playing the full game before listening to the soundtrack on its own since the music is so closely tied to the game, and I hope it’s just one of many factors in Transistor that you find interesting and well worth your while. All of us at Supergiant hope you enjoy the game!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Catcher_BR said:

May 20th, 7:09 am

i know it has nothing to do, but i’m really interested about PRE LOADING games, watch dogs comes out a week from now, how about a pre load ?

Amnalehu said:

May 20th, 7:13 am

I absolutely love this song. The melody and the lyrics are really great. Music is so important in games. I’m glad to see a lot of love has gone into the Transistor soundtrack. Also the launch trailer is one of the bet I’ve ever seen. So glad I pre-ordered this game. Great job Supergiant! Can’t wait for the store to update later today.

Bobby__Steel said:

May 20th, 7:15 am

No PS Plus discount for the first week?

Bahgra said:

May 20th, 7:15 am

How long until the store updates? I wanna play this now… ;)

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

May 20th, 7:19 am

Congratulations to you and your team, Mr. Kasavin. I’m a little bummed that Transistor wasn’t available to download at 12.01 for preorders, such as Child of Light was a couple of weeks ago, but a few hours doesn’t hurt, I guess!

saab01 said:

May 20th, 7:19 am

Let me know when this game is at 10 bucks. 20 bucks is too high for a game like this.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

May 20th, 7:20 am

How would the creative director of this game know about preloading watch dogs? ….my god, gotta love ppl who dont think before they type.

This game wasn’t really on my radar like it seems to be on others, but this trailer looks slick!! Love the style of this game, Great music/vocals too..and again the trailer was very slick, this game’s strong style / attitude reminds me of Kill Bill / Run Lola Run in some ways..but definitely unique/new. Interested in playing it.

stlthriot said:

May 20th, 7:22 am

Is there a preorder bonus? :)

oo7PorscheMGS said:

May 20th, 7:23 am

@ #6 wow, u can tell how much a game is worth before you’ve even played it or seen any reviews for it…..wish I was a psychic like you! ;)

AsahiSeth said:

May 20th, 7:27 am

Are you the same Greg Kasavin that used to do IGN’s video reviews? I remember watching a bunch of them back in the early 2000s done by a person with that name.

Greg Kasavin's Avatar

Greg Kasavin said:

May 20th, 8:04 am

I worked at GameSpot rather than IGN but you are probably thinking of the right guy! Wanted to make games since I was a little kid and finally got a shot at it almost eight years ago. Still kicking!

avluis said:

May 20th, 7:43 am

I CANNOT FLIPPLYING WAIT!!!

Thank you for bringing this to PlayStation!

TomatoDragon said:

May 20th, 7:45 am

Soon as I get home from work, I know what I’m doing. :)

TheBearJew173 said:

May 20th, 7:46 am

I am dying to play this! How long until we get to play it?

dodgedoors said:

May 20th, 7:50 am

It really stinks that Wolfenstein went live at midnight but this didn’t. Why did they pick and choose? By the time this goes on the store I will be at work and won’t be home until after midnight and will miss a full 24 hours with this beautiful game.

CrusaderForever said:

May 20th, 7:52 am

Thank you Supergiant Games for Transistor! I am going to keep checking the Store not the PSBlog to see when Transistor is available. I cannot wait to get lost in this game. VRP FTW!! :)

Bahgra said:

May 20th, 7:54 am

@14 Agreed, this should have been released at midnight! I wanna play it so bad, lol..

BrodiMAN said:

May 20th, 8:01 am

So, I’m confused. No pre-order bonuses nor a pre-load. So why was it a good idea to pre-order this?

I’m still going to get it and probably love the hell out of it, but I’m confused is all…

Rezolution77 said:

May 20th, 8:03 am

……(cough) Vita , PS3………(cough) CrossBuy
PS4 though……..ppffffttt.

Eventually maybe, see you IGC.

Fransisqo82 said:

May 20th, 8:05 am

Cant wait to get my hands on this and touch it, touch ALL OF IT!!! =)
Being a European ps user and all I just had to preorder from the US store for 2 simple reasons…

1) there was no pre order available in the EU store.
2) I just couldnt wait not even one more day for this

…but I expected it to have been available for download at 00:00 your time, about 06:00 my time! Imagine my disillusion when I woke up this morning and it wasnt there, just got back from work, its 16:39 here and still nothing, zero, ziltch …NADA!!
Turns out I might as well have waited the extra day?! =/

Bahgra said:

May 20th, 8:12 am

@19 I did the same as you, I’m also from Europe. I think the US PSN store updates around 2pm EST or something. So just a few more hours to wait, hopefully.

whizkid75 said:

May 20th, 8:15 am

@15 Well if it helps, Steam says it unlocks at 12 noon. So I would check then. Otherwise it will probably come with today’s store update at around 2-3PM CST.

whizkid75 said:

May 20th, 8:18 am

@14 Unfortunately it isn’t up to Sony. I’m sure SuperGiantGames had a reason for releasing it this way.

SMCTwilight said:

May 20th, 8:21 am

If I didn’t play Bastion I might of been weary of paying 20$ for this on PS4. However, after how much enjoyment I got from Bastion I absolutely can’t wait to try this. Transistor has quite a high bar to jump over :-)

Greg Kasavin's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 20th, 8:32 am

Yay! Happy Transistor day!

pattonrage said:

May 20th, 8:34 am

After listening to the full “We All Become” track, it is taking all of my willpower to not immediately go listen to the full OST, but I know that doing so may take something away from the game. The music in Bastion was amazing, and I experienced it through the game.

Can’t wait, guys.

PS: Loved you on the Bombcast last week, Greg.

JegBot said:

May 20th, 8:36 am

I pre-ordered Transistor last night. This game looks sick! *Wishes for Bastion on PlayStation*

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 8:38 am

This game looks interesting but i really wish it had a ps plus discount. Not sure i can justify $20 on this without a demo.

Skywarrd said:

May 20th, 8:38 am

While I don’t have a PS4 yet, this will be one of the first games I buy when I do. Loving the soundtrack on Spotify.

MushThePainter said:

May 20th, 8:44 am

Looking to read a few reviews before I click that purchase button. I picked up a $20 PSN card specifically for this game

Sneeches said:

May 20th, 8:45 am

I loved Bastion but this game doesn’t look appealing to me at all. Will wait for this one to come free with PS+

Trendy_Kid said:

May 20th, 8:55 am

I need this on VITAAAAAAA!!!

saab01 said:

May 20th, 8:58 am

@9

I Can think whatever I want to me I would not pay more than 10 bucks for this game and I don’t mind waiting on a price drop. If you don’t like my comment I can care less.

einstein_79 said:

May 20th, 9:13 am

Every time I see that sword i can’t help but think Thundercats! Wish I had a PS4.

Ryumoau said:

May 20th, 9:25 am

I’m hearing from various reviews that this game is incredibly short (around 5 to 6 hours). That makes me very hesitant to spend $20. Really wish you guys offered a ps plus discount on this game. :(

Elvick_ said:

May 20th, 9:31 am

Yes, I love that song so much. When they put up that trailer on PS4, I listened/watched it like 50 times again.

Already got the game preordered. With FFXIV though, I don’t know if I’ll be able to play it right away. D: The MMO is stealing my life.

MushThePainter said:

May 20th, 9:36 am

Reviews are live. 9’s and high 8’s. Definitely picking this up tonight.

Lord_Orpheo said:

May 20th, 9:46 am

The more I see and hear this game the more I want to play it. :)

Any chance of a Vita version?

CrownedLion said:

May 20th, 9:52 am

Congratulations on your second game launch. I hope you all enjoy the fruits of your labor and take a nice long vacation!

Liimer said:

May 20th, 9:55 am

Too late. I bought this on Steam. Thanks Supergiant for making such a great game! If Sony wants me to buy games on PSN they can let us preload all of our preorders or update the store at midnight.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

May 20th, 9:55 am

@32 lol whatever you want kiddo but you still can’t say the game is not worth $20 without looking like a joke because you have NO valid points to back your silly claims up about the games true worth yet. Don’t expect to come in here and claim what the game is worth and not expect at least one of us to laugh at you for thinking you know what the full game is. Reviews from people who have PLAYED the full game to the end can tell us about “worth”, not some random guy guessing at the worth of something without ever getting to see it past the surface.

gwarlito said:

May 20th, 9:59 am

Hey Greg!! I miss see you on a weekly/daily basis on Gamespot, hope your new job kicks even more ass!! I will be getting this tonight, and if Bastion ever made its way to the PS consoles I’d throw money instantly at that too (sorry no PC or Box here, and I’d rather not play it on my iPad).

gwarlito said:

May 20th, 10:00 am

****Seeing you

Bahgra said:

May 20th, 10:05 am

Game out on steam., but not PSN…. :(

oo7PorscheMGS said:

May 20th, 10:05 am

@36 ..and it looks like the reviews are in ;) Definitely getting this game, I’m a sucker for a game with style and love great music mixed into a game’s character / story as well. Never played Bastion but I keep hearing great things, so it’s time to play a game from this company! Great job guys.

GStylez1980 said:

May 20th, 10:15 am

Like the recent announcement of Child of Light Vita, I would love to see this game ported to the Vita. See if you can make it happen, SuperGiant. Vita owners are known for supporting indie developers!

saab01 said:

May 20th, 10:32 am

@40

3 and a half star review

Joystiq

AWESOME10240 said:

May 20th, 10:42 am

Its ready to download!!!!!!!!

Anndrej said:

May 20th, 10:49 am

It’s live you guys! Get it via Greg’s link in the post and queue it for download, already chugging along on my PS4!

ultraalex1983 said:

May 20th, 10:56 am

I preordered the Cd soundtrack yesterday:) I got the mp3 soundtrack for preordering the Cd. Cant stop listening to this track! Wish it was longer! Cant wait to play the game!!

TomatoDragon said: