Horizon Zero Dawn

May 28

May 28

Watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Why watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window when you can see it on the silver screen? On June 9th, we’re inviting PlayStation fans in the US and Canada to experience the E3 press conference in a new way — live, on a massive screen in more than 40 movie theaters.

Join us and host Geoff Keighley for the PlayStation E3 Experience, featuring an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference. Attendees will also see 30 minutes of extra content, including exclusive extended game footage and interviews with the world’s biggest game developers. And hey, if you show up, we might even cough up a few surprise gifts.

Best of all, it’s free. Space is limited, so make sure to register for the event soon here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

If you don’t live near one of the fine cinemas listed below, never fear: You’ll be able to watch all the gaiety from your computer or smart phone right here on PlayStation.Blog (or PlayStation.com and Ustream.tv/playstation).

Read on for more details, including a full list of theaters where the event will take place.

PlayStation E3 Experience – The TL;DR Version

• When: Monday June 9th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT (show starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT)
  • Where: 40-50 theaters across US and Canada
  • What: Watching the PlayStation Press Conference LIVE in HD from the comfort of a movie theater with other PlayStation fans. Event features 30 minutes of exclusive content, including extended game footage and developer interviews. Plus surprise giveaways!
  • RSVP: Free to attend, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

Locations

ST CITY THEATRE NAME
AK Anchorage Cinemark Anchorage 16 with XD
AL Birmingham Regal Trussville 16
AZ Phoenix AMC Ahwatukee 24
BC Vancouver Cineplex Cineplex Odeon International Village (Tinseltown)
CA Los Angeles AMC Century City 15 with IMAX
VA Virginia Beach AMC Lynnhaven 18 with IMAX
WA Seattle AMC Pacific Place 11

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

PikkonX said:

May 28th, 12:40 pm

So excited for this! Got tickets for VA Beach.

TAVOBLACKWALLIN said:

May 28th, 12:42 pm

anyone get email yet for wait list? in LA

manuel-ichigo said:

May 28th, 12:46 pm

Not Puerto Rico :( ill just stream it :) last year at my camp all i did was look at it while working :D

tusunami said:

May 28th, 12:48 pm

I like how finally Sony has the E3 event also in the movie theaters across the world that’s incredible. And i’m glad to see that its in Chicago and Pittsburgh finally. Especially Chicago since it is the 3rd largest city in the world now it would be great if a E3 event could make its way to these cities.

Microsis said:

May 28th, 12:48 pm

Got my registration for Dallas. It’ll be my first E3 event in person. This should be interesting. Anybody on a waiting list should show up early, there’s bound to be some who can’t make it at the last minute.

Jason1802128 said:

May 28th, 12:48 pm

This MVP will be at the Boston one! Who’s with me!

NauseousPenguin said:

May 28th, 12:49 pm

Seriously, one of them is literally 5 minutes away from where I live and the site won’t let me RSVP even though I’m 17. This is excruciating; please respond!

ZiggyPoopdust said:

May 28th, 12:50 pm

No Austin? COME ON! We used to be such good friends with you, Playstation…

Remember SXSW a couple years ago when you let us play Resistance 3 early and bought us all drinks?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE DAYS???

Austin still loves you, Playstation, even if you’ve forgotten us…;_;

RE4LNOiZE_42 said:

May 28th, 12:52 pm

Ok, I really hope Sony has some out-of-this-world annoucements that will knock our collective socks off to warrant this! I mean, stuff like free PS4 or Vitas for long-time PS+ subscribers or the PS4 now being backward compatible with the PS3 via a software update, or the Vita now being able to play Android games, or you know, something MAJOR. ;) Because seriously, if it’s only about new games, however good they may be, I don’t see the point.

I mean, I love Sony and videogames as much as many, but the most important thing about a press conference is not, to me, the delivery, but the CONTENT. What does it means to me, the gamer. Getting those news in a theatre or via a web browser is to me, completely irrelevant.

Although, I admit that watching such a conference with others would be cool, but still… I don’t get it.

Kino321-X said:

May 28th, 12:52 pm

@107 I have the same problem! D:

Please respond Sid!

Xostas said:

May 28th, 12:54 pm

Is there a possibility of adding additional Locations? Particularly in Canada…say Edmonton?

Gadirok said:

May 28th, 12:55 pm

I’m pretty unhappy right now. I left home four hours ago after checking up on the psblog and come back now to see this pop up.

So, I pretty much got shafted and am on the waitlist. Doesn’t look like me or my friend are going to end up seeing this in downtown toronto despite the fact that we were hardcore playstation fans.

Not to mention the fact that you guys are only playing this in three theaters across canada. WTF? I don’t even live in Toronto but would have been willing to commute downtown for this event and the same goes for my friend.

Sony, open another room or something. For Toronto to fill up this fast is a joke, especially since that’s all of ontario you are packing in.

honkayjeezus said:

May 28th, 12:55 pm

Is it at least going to be televised on Spike?

trustter said:

May 28th, 1:01 pm

Where is Calgary?

chowdude0183 said:

May 28th, 1:03 pm

nowhere even near me chicago about 60 miles away and indy almost 200

boomstickbhg said:

May 28th, 1:06 pm

Well at least this is a free thing, but I don’t see any reason to go all the way to another city just to sit in a crowded, hot, uncomfortable movie theatre to watch a press conference…

It’s a shame the other options are only/all streaming.

Will you be releasing Videos on the PSN store like you use to for those of us who don’t do streaming media? Even Youtube would be much better than the other streaming sources.

viceforce said:

May 28th, 1:07 pm

Watches the Ultimate Gaming trailer.

Goes to sign up to watch the awesome experience

finds out the theater is sold out. and screams SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

but decides to be placed on the watiting list, if it helps.

johnpaul_junior said:

May 28th, 1:08 pm

dammit only 1 theater in toronto

QNoir said:

May 28th, 1:10 pm

Will we get to demo Project Morpheus there? Please say yes! If you don’t know … then tell Shu it would be a missed opportunity if not. :)

WiCkEd_SLy said:

May 28th, 1:11 pm

Grab 2 for San Antonio.

YungShep said:

May 28th, 1:22 pm

looks like im heading to san antonio. i just got my confirmation.

YungShep said:

May 28th, 1:24 pm

@ 108, lol. i was at that Austin event, the playstation lounge was the best thing ever. that was my first hands on experience with 3D gaming..and Socom 4 before it released….good times, they dont show austin as much love as before. thats the only reason im going to san antonio for it

GrapeTyphlosion said:

May 28th, 1:25 pm

Darn :/ closest theater is 3 hours away from here , too bad, well, guess there is always the computer option…but I wish i could attend without driving a grand total of 6 hours

Skarekrow13 said:

May 28th, 1:30 pm

Woot woot! It’s a bit of a drive but Buffalo here I come.

Probably

chowdude0183 said:

May 28th, 1:30 pm

sucks to be you where I live our 3 theaters are always kept at 60 nice and cool

Dessron said:

May 28th, 1:31 pm

Nice to see there’s at least a location in PQ (for once we aren’t left out…). Unfortunalety, it’s still 2:30 hours away from where I live so I can’t be there…

Marnett05 said:

May 28th, 1:32 pm

Will we be able to stream the conference live on PS4?

Valde_zerocool said:

May 28th, 1:36 pm

Can’t wait, very happy Vegas got some love.

DragoNsChampioN said:

May 28th, 1:37 pm

dalas texas “sold out” go figure… not my luck to get to go to something like this… i’d be extatic justo go… oh well i guess ill just watch it on my ipad…:( hope you all have a great time:)

defpoet1790 said:

May 28th, 1:37 pm

So to clarify, as long as we arrive right as the doors open and we’ve registered, we’re guaranteed a seat to this right? I don’t want to be beat out by someone who had camped out to wait for a spot.

babygirlrosie69 said:

May 28th, 1:38 pm

Sony really needs to think about there next moves i mean games are hurting and so are the gamers as well as the other consoles but who cares about them . but as along as they keep offering the hot new release games to the ps4 as well as the ps3 everyone is going to hurt lobbys are going to have low numbers sales won’t be at its full because how do you expect to get people to go out buy a ps4 if you keep giving them the same games that are offered to ps4 and to the ps3 as well . they need to look at it to many consoles and the people are being split which hurts the gamers with slow lobbys . and it hurts sony from getting the certain gamers who are thinking why buy ps4 if i’m still able the buy the lastest games on my old console .

Draco9847 said:

May 28th, 1:45 pm

omg this is a dream come true! I’ve been waiting for something like this for so long, thank you!!

Jerry_Appleby said:

May 28th, 1:48 pm

I’ll be going to the one in Vancouver Canada!! Can’t wait to see what’s coming out this year and next! (And for the free stuff :P )

Dreamflyer said:

May 28th, 1:49 pm

Tampa is always skipped in Florida , So signed up for Jacksonville this is such an exciting event!!!!

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT said:

May 28th, 1:51 pm

I will be attending the event as a PlayStation MVP. I hope a lot of people turn up to the event in Minneapolis!

TAVOBLACKWALLIN said:

May 28th, 1:51 pm

add Ontario for california it has an AMC be perfect closer then century city

LG22 said:

May 28th, 1:51 pm

They are sold out in San Francisco… I was so close.

ursinhomalvado said:

May 28th, 1:52 pm

What about an app to watch on PS4?

klassymike said:

May 28th, 1:56 pm

@babygirlrosie69

Developers want to make as much profit as possible, and since the PS3 is nowhere near dead, the smart ones will make it for as many systems as possible to increase profits. Just because a new system comes out doesn’t mean they just forget about the older , proven ones. So your comments, are basically senseless.

LG22 said:

May 28th, 1:56 pm

I’m trying to join the wait list but it wont let me.

ahmez said:

May 28th, 1:57 pm

Veeeeery, veeeeery cool. See you in Atlanta!

DelicaGunz said:

May 28th, 1:58 pm

Regal Union Square New York for me :-) Hell Yeah!!

Myzery_Clown said:

May 28th, 2:02 pm

Got registered and my confirmation e-mail! Sure it’s a 3-4 hour drive to watch something I could watch at home, but there is no way I’m passing this up. I’m hyped!

TwinDad said:

May 28th, 2:05 pm

Hmm… Do I take the 3 hours trip to Seattle for this on a Monday night….

Maybe.

Who am I kidding…

nahum24 said:

May 28th, 2:05 pm

If it’s Nation Wide then why New Jersey is not on the list? I want to have this enhanced experience but i guess am never going to experience this at the movie theater. It would he nice if i can have this experience since am not fortunate enough nor lucky enough to go to E3 in person. I absolutely hate it when something i wanna experience in theaters are only in selected theaters. Why can’t it be in every theater in the United States?

JRizzleDa4th said:

May 28th, 2:06 pm

I signed up on the website like an hour or two ago and it said it was sending a confirmation e-mail, never received the e-mail.

nahum24 said:

May 28th, 2:07 pm

(Edited) If it’s Nation wide then why New Jersey is not on the list? I want to have this enhanced experience but i guess am never going to experience this at the movie theater. It would be nice if i can have this experience since am not fortunate enough nor lucky enough to go to E3 in person. I absolutely hate it when something i wanna experience in theaters are only in selected theaters. Why can’t it be in every theater in the United States?

TwinDad said: