God of War

Jun 02

Jun 02

Homefront: The Revolution Coming to PS4

David Stenton's Avatar Posted by Game Producer, Crytek Nottingham

Homefront: The Revolution on PS4

On behalf of Crytek Nottingham, I’m incredibly proud to announce our latest title: Homefront: The Revolution!

Some of you may have already heard that Crytek was developing the next Homefront game – we’ve been working on it for almost three years now – but I don’t think anyone suspected just how radically we have overhauled the first person shooter formula this time around.

Homefront: The Revolution is a game about Guerrilla Warfare. We’ve built upon the core pillars of Crytek’s FPS design philosophy – emergent gameplay and player freedom in a sandbox world – to create our most ambitious title to date. Set in Occupied Philadelphia in a nightmarish near-future dystopia, Homefront: The Revolution casts the player as a civilian-turned-freedom-fighter who must rise up and lead the Resistance against a superior military force and ignite the Second American Revolution.

This is no linear shooter – within the open world structure, you will have to master the art of guerrilla warfare and use use sabotage, assassination, deception, infiltration and hit-and-run to erode your enemy’s iron grip on the city.

Homefront: The Revolution on PS4

Homefront: The Revolution on PS4Homefront: The Revolution on PS4

Homefront: The Revolution will also feature four-player co-op, allowing you and your friends to form a Resistance Cell and work together to overthrow the KPA regime. We’ve just released our first trailer, created in-engine using our bleeding-edge CRYENGINE technology, and we’ll be revealing our world premiere gameplay demo next week at E3.

We’re really excited to be working on this fascinating premise of guerrilla war on your own Homefront, and we can’t wait to show you more.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

akiratech said:

June 2nd, 6:09 am

Four Player CO-OP!? You now have my full attention I want to see More!

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 6:33 am

Just wait until next week! We have much more to show at E3!

bball230 said:

June 2nd, 6:11 am

I enjoyed the first game. Although it was extremely short and the graphics were sub-par something about it kept my attention and was enjoyable :)

bball230 said:

June 2nd, 6:16 am

I just watch the video. I hope those are in-game rendered. If so, this game looks like a totally different beast from its predecessor from just a few years ago.

Also am i the only one who thinks they should have made the box art etc. more USA themed?

Zezzler said:

June 2nd, 6:24 am

Wow, 4-player co-op sounds like it would be really fun. E3 can’t come soon enough!

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 7:19 am

Grab a controller. Grab some friends. Ignite a Revolution.

Ryumoau said:

June 2nd, 6:26 am

i might rent this. Wasn’t a big fan of the first game.

theeggman01 said:

June 2nd, 6:28 am

I loved this game the first time around, I hope this rocks

Amnalehu said:

June 2nd, 6:36 am

WOW! Where did this come from! I love the Coop feature. Let the games begin!

l3uddha_0ne said:

June 2nd, 6:50 am

That’s what I’m talking about :) Look forward to hearing more about this at E3

CASTERTROY said:

June 2nd, 6:53 am

Wow takes place in Philly my hometown!!!

TinCannEd said:

June 2nd, 7:02 am

I guess I’ll have to agree with the others with: “4 Player Co-op?! WHOO HOOO!”

That what I wanted from the first game. And since it’s next-gen only, we can expect no limitation because the the previous console can not handle it. The sky’s the limit!!

E3 is going to be awesome. This year is ALL ABOUT THE GAMES!!!

ThoasBrand said:

June 2nd, 7:17 am

I enjoyed the first one, so i’m already sold on this one.

PanTheMan16 said:

June 2nd, 7:20 am

The first Homefront was horrible. Probably in my top 5 worst games of last generation, and I’ve played around 300 (just going from my trophies). PLEASE let this new game be better. I was so hyped for the original Homefront. I pre-ordered it to have it on day 1, and was blown away by how indescribably horrible it was. I hope Homefront: The Revolution will be the game that Homefront should have been.

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 7:41 am

This game takes the amazing atmosphere and premise of the original and delivers a gritty open-world shooter with the amazing visuals and polish that Crytek is known for. We’ll keep delivering more and more information so you get the proper feel about what exactly Homefront: The Revoluion is!

Teh_AKOD said:

June 2nd, 7:39 am

any chance for local co-op? I love how this game looks. The original Homefront was a hidden gem in the last gen and this one seems polished even further. Can’t wait to try it out.

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

June 2nd, 7:46 am

Takes place in Philly(my home) and 4 player co-op. I may give a try. Cant wait to see the 215 in action.

DragonNinja789 said:

June 2nd, 7:48 am

Hmm I actually prefer co-op over multiplayer so this has me curious.

And I agree with bball230 the box art could be a bit better.

Darkthorn77 said:

June 2nd, 7:49 am

I’m sold……when can I pick it up.

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 8:21 am

2015! We’ll announce a more specific timeframe soon.

IamDreamfaller said:

June 2nd, 7:49 am

Don’t forget about Jacobs and Connor, Crytek! I want to know what happened to them!

gexillion said:

June 2nd, 8:04 am

This looks cool can’t wait to see more. Btw the cover art is probably the worst I’ve seen in a very long time, please tell me that is not final?

light_819 said:

June 2nd, 8:32 am

will it feature split-screen i miss split-screen

CaptnBrainslide said:

June 2nd, 8:33 am

I thought the first Homefront had the best multiplayer of any FPS I’d ever tried, maybe it was just the people playing and the vehicles and drone mixups but there were so many intense and\or funny moments that happened. The single player was pretty bad though so when I found the servers had been taken down without me knowing about it and getting to say goodbye that was a pretty harsh blow.

So I guess what needs to be asked is if the multiplayer is going to be as great if updated and rebalanced… and if it wil be held on some kind of server that will definitely exist 3 or 5 or 10 years from now. Maybe Peer2Peer would work.

If possible I would love the 1st game re-released or patched with new servers.

sesyjon said:

June 2nd, 8:38 am

Sir, you got my attention.

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 9:23 am

We’ll do our best to keep it then!

rufusmarch23 said:

June 2nd, 8:49 am

Looks Great! I love that it will be open-world, will it have split-screen? thanks

iREVOLTER said:

June 2nd, 9:13 am

Killzone Origins ? Maybe… Ok looks promising, lets wait for some gameplay and not like Crysis please.

CrusaderForever said:

June 2nd, 9:23 am

The original was a train wreck. I am looking forward to learning more about this new entry or reboot. I hope you can take this to the upper echelon of games. Looking forward to learning more next week. Thanks for the info.

ElektroDragon said:

June 2nd, 9:47 am

Please take full advantage of the PS4 and don’t just code to the lowest common denominator next gen console.

Suicidal1 said:

June 2nd, 9:47 am

Any word on if there will be competitive multiplayer?

SeanStrange said:

June 2nd, 9:51 am

Looks intense! Can’t wait to see more!

RawWilson1 said:

June 2nd, 12:15 pm

I next/current-gen only game? You had my attention, but now you have my curiosity;)

honkayjeezus said:

June 2nd, 12:21 pm

Cryengine on PS4? Sign me up. Hopefully this will be just on the “next gen” consoles?

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 12:32 pm

Yessir! CRYENGINE on PS4. This is indeed a “next-gen” only title.

Dark_RIDDLES said:

June 2nd, 12:32 pm

Wow, 4 way co-op, Better graphics, Loving this already. Love’d the first one and will probably love this one too. You have my attention!

ChaoticAssault31 said:

June 2nd, 12:36 pm

It looks awesome! I can’t wait to see more at E3. :) I will definitely keep an eye on this game.

yentair said:

June 2nd, 12:45 pm

The first Homefront was a blast to play. Short and sweet. I never understood all the hate it got, I guess there’s no pleasing some people. I mean, it actually had a person canning tomatoes in a hot water bath! How realistic is that?!?
Anyways, this game is looking fantastic, nice work Crytek UK!
Looking forward to hearing more about this one.
Cheers!

David Stenton's Avatar

Ryan Avery said:

June 2nd, 2:31 pm

Cheers to you, yentair!

tusunami said:

June 2nd, 12:59 pm

I haven’t played the first game but this looks like a interesting game indeed and it has 4 player co-op that’s cool.

Crash2 said:

June 2nd, 1:14 pm

Never played the first one , co-op on this is already making me think who I will be playing it with.

KillerV said:

June 2nd, 1:19 pm

I just hope that this will be the game that pulls me away from EA to something new cause sony really doesn’t have something that will kills BF4 Killzone is great and all but Im looking for something more from sony.

AizawaYuuichi said:

June 2nd, 1:40 pm

I didn’t play the first one, but the mention of co-op for this new Homefront has piqued my interest. I’ve been getting more into online gaming this gen, and the sandbox world is also a nice feature. Consider your game on my radar.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

June 2nd, 1:44 pm

Crytek/Cryengine on PS4 “next gen only” AWESOME! To be honest the first game did have a great atmosphere and an interesting premise, but the graphics were subpar. This is a different developer and publisher ppl i’m sure Crytek is going to keep the good parts (which there were many) and scrap the bad parts (which there were many) as well as make it a stunning graphical powerhouse as they are known for. Sounds AMAZING, i thought the 1st Homefront had soo much potential and i’m glad we get to see that potential realized. Please let it be early 2015! Preorder and Day 1 for me. Also, it will be nice to see Crytek not held back by old gen consoles and have the power of PS4 to work with, too bad it isn’t exclusive – meaning the xbone will still bottleneck the game on PS4.

Nokterian said:

June 2nd, 2:01 pm

North Korea..really? I am baffled that it still used but we all know that country is stuck in the late 60/70’s.

cowboyalex said:

June 2nd, 3:43 pm

Played the first one. This one looks great!

iamtylerdurden1 said:

June 2nd, 3:48 pm

@ 38 – It is a unified Korea + they took over Japan. The first game makes a compelling & believable argument, it isn’t poor current day North Korea it is 2020’s Unified Korea & in this fictional story the U.S. has been diminished through bad policy & financial crisis (sounds alot like current day America). Look at current day China they were a laughing stock in the 90’s, look at current day Russia/USSR they were our equal up until early 90’s. In 10 yrs things can change drastically don’t get too comfy & take a look around if u think it can’t happen to America.

Gamerzlimited said:

June 2nd, 4:08 pm

The 1st Homefront was very bad single player wise (Short with a terrible ending). But now knowing that the sequel is going to be made by Crytek (The ones responsible for TimeSplitters and Crysis), I know that the game will be great for sure. Can’t wait for to see more for this. :)

PanTheMan16 said:

June 2nd, 6:56 pm

Naturally, this trailer shows the game at it’s best, so this would be like ultra settings on PC. How close will the PS4 version be to this? Medium settings, perhaps?

DrTran64 said:

June 2nd, 7:04 pm

when in the continuity does this game take place?

and all of you saying the first game was awful, shhhhhh… it wasn’t the best game ever, but it wasn’t the worst either..

stalepie said:

June 2nd, 7:05 pm

I like cover, don’t change it

dastryin said:

June 2nd, 7:44 pm

i had high hopes for the first game loved it’s single player campaign but it died for me when i got head shotted in the multiplayer by someone on the other side of the map through silo’s, boulders, and a hill while i was in a barn, that was day one gentlemen that the game came out. So i’m going to pretend that my multiplayer experience from the first game never happened and look forward to this new one

iamtylerdurden1 said:

June 2nd, 8:30 pm

Honestly the first game wasn’t bad it had its faults (mediocre graphics) but the premise & atmosphere were great! Also, it currently sits at a reasonable 70 on Metacritic – 70 does not = terrible u fools.

warezIbanez said:

June 2nd, 9:19 pm

YES! YES! YES!

I’m so glad to see you guys back in business with your own game! If you commenters out there aren’t aware, Crytek Nottingham is formerly FREE RADICAL DESIGN, the brilliant minds behind TIMESPLITTERS. (I’m doing my best to help a team of people build TS Rewind, by the way.) I’ll probably be dropping the $60 just for you guys!

mus1ckfps said:

June 2nd, 9:24 pm

4 Player Co-oP ? Open World ? well damn, you have my attention Deep Silver, very excited to see more of this game seriously cannot wait

BigE_1995 said:

June 3rd, 1:21 am

do you need to play the first one in order to understand the story?

VeritableHero said:

June 3rd, 5:48 am

Looks amazing so far, Crytek Nottingham. The first game had a great premise but was _extremely_ short. I do hope that this great looking follow up provides more than a 2-3 hour single player experience. I can’t wait to see game play at E3.

PAGE 1 2