Knack 2

Jun 09

Jun 09

Far Cry 4 Co-op Modes Detailed

Kim Belair's Avatar Posted by Community Developer, Ubisoft

The open world of Kyrat is an incredible place. Behind the beauty of its mountain peaks and lush valleys, the splendour of its flora and fauna, a civil war is raging. And on November 18th 2014, Far Cry 4 puts you in the middle of the fight, in a nation where one false step is as likely to land you in an enemy outpost as in the jaws of a hungry tiger.

It’s a good thing you don’t have to go it alone.

Far Cry 4 for PS4, PS3

Far Cry 4 features drop-in/drop-out “Guns for Hire” Co-Op, meaning that you and a friend can take on the wilds of Kyrat as a pair, exploring the world, taking down enemies and generally making everything as precise or as chaotic as you choose. Both players get experience, both players get in-game cash, and both players have an awesome time.

Better yet, play the game on PS3 or PS4 and you’ll get a set of “Keys to Kyrat”. The keys open up Kyrat’s borders to any of your PSN friends, inviting them into your open world even if they don’t yet have a copy of the game. Capture outposts together, traverse Kyrat and make gains with anybody you know–or everybody you know. It’s a Playstation Exclusive and it means there are no limits to your Far Cry 4 experience.

Far Cry 4 arrives November 18th, 2014 on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Follow Far Cry on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.

Add Your Own

Rezolution77 said:

June 9th, 6:51 pm

Still have FarCry 3 sitting on my shelf.
Looked great, and got it for $10 bucks.

But can’t play with the kids up, and probably too fun to play casually.
Really did want to play it though.

Think I like the Last of Us motive though.
Heard that it was slightly dark, and although I can appreciate it when appropriate, would rather have more inspiring leads.

Rezolution77 said:

June 9th, 6:55 pm

And Ubisoft I love most if your games since I am not sure when.
Probably since Rainbow Six and probably more as I have learned some great kids game are produced.

Hope we see more your sales soon here, and don’t forget the Vita.
Dungeon Hunter was great, but seriously needed more.

Look forward to your future deveopements.

Rezolution77 said:

June 9th, 6:59 pm

Put a sale on it for PSN, and talk Sony into backwards compatibility and would buy it again.
And that was only watching gameplay.

reynolds-wrap1 said:

June 9th, 7:14 pm

I agree with Rezolution I would love to see some more Vita stuff from Ubisoft. Some more killer RPGs! And FarCry 4 looks amazing. Since im a teen the Keys to Kyrat really helps me experience my first Far Cry game with friends even fhough I can’t afford the game. Very innovative UbiSoft!

KrisButtar said:

June 9th, 7:40 pm

So I buy this on PS4 version can my PS3 friends play or would I need to buy the PS3 version for my PS3 friends to play?

Viewtiful_Gene said:

June 9th, 8:10 pm

Looks as lifeless as the previous one, and it also looked even more linear and scripted. Way to go Ubisoft. Congratulations, you are on a roll.

Matrix_Lion said:

June 9th, 8:55 pm

I love the box art.

TheCraZyCloWn said:

June 9th, 9:03 pm

Looks good, game was good to be honest.

Twist-Id said:

June 9th, 11:36 pm

@KrisButtar: I also want to know if I can play with my PS3 friends from my PS4. While unlikely, it certainly isn’t an impossibility. Any word on this? “PSN” friends is kind of vague.

Welmosca said:

June 10th, 12:18 am

Wasn’t expecting much but damn the gameplay was pretty good….still got to play Farcry 2 I got for free with Plus and still got Farcry 3 sealed here waiting for me to play it…also Blood Dragon.But guess this will be a buy too.Too soon to release another Farcry game but you guys wouldn’t miss a chance to take advantage of Farcry 3’s success.

RLR345 said:

June 10th, 9:55 am

@6- None of the previous Far Cry games were linear whatsoever. Nor “scripted” for that matter. They’re about as open as open world games get. I think you may be confused.

Bikeracer4487 said:

June 10th, 2:15 pm

So if I buy this for the PS4, will my brother be able to join me on his PS3?