God of War

Jun 19

Jun 19

PlayStation Blogcast 124: Uncharted Skies

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

With E3 in the rearview, we focus on the bold new future! Specifically, next week’s new releases for June 24th, and an interview with Hello Games on their stunning PS4 sky-fi adventure No Man’s Sky. Plus voicemails, a word from Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann from Naughty Dog, assorted gags, and more!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• E3 2014!
  • Bloodborne
  • Destiny First-Look Alpha
  • N++
  • Uncharted 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Alien Isolation
  • Driveclub
  • Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
  • Blue Estate
  • Farming Simulator ’14
  • Valiant Hearts
  • And lots, lots more

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

Add Your Own

Heartless_Angel7 said:

June 19th, 5:57 pm

Download link is broken, please fix. Please and Thank you

Heartless_Angel7 said:

June 19th, 5:57 pm

correction: download here

TeamGreen615 said:

June 19th, 6:22 pm

I will be driving down to Florida from Tennessee on Saturday so I will listen to you guys then. My most anticipated game right now is Freedom Wars for the Vita. I think it’s about to launch in Japan soon. It would be awesome if you guys could get someone in the future to talk about it. Have a great weekend everyone, you too Mr. Gilmore.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

June 20th, 10:05 am

Thanks for the input! We’ll see if we can get some Freedom Wars info for ya. Safe travels. :)

Rezolution77 said:

June 19th, 6:40 pm

By not allowing backwards compatibility for PS3 digital titles, and not having 1st part for Vita Sony is turning its back on past buyers.
That said, though not a sports buff on games, Hot Shots Tennis and World Invitational Golf / MLB 13 The Show were great buys.

Would like to see more PSP sales on BETTER titles, while us Vita owners wait, and PSP owners that maybe considering a Vita.

There are many, 3rd birthday, and quite a few Sony Entertainment Titles.

Some of us actually prefer them over Indies, and makes no sense they aren’t.

When we going to hear more on games like Sword Art Online, Hyperdimention Neptunia, etc. etc.
Most PS4 titles are already streamlined to the net, but what about the others.

JOSH_R-_- said:

June 19th, 7:33 pm

pleasure fix download here link so I can listen to you on my vita before work tomorrow. Thanks.

Sharingan_itachi said:

June 19th, 7:44 pm

What about Vita?

Seeing_Red_Again said:

June 19th, 8:42 pm

Are LittleBigPlanet Mondays on the PlayStation Blog going to comeback now that LittleBigPlanet 3 is announced?

ethanreaper said:

June 19th, 9:44 pm

dear playstation can you please put skyrim on playstation plus instant game collection.it is a fun rpg game tha i will always play.thank you¦))

dsc4814 said:

June 19th, 9:59 pm

Can you please fix the download here link? Thank You.

DCLOWNEY4HEISMAN said:

June 19th, 10:15 pm

You have to love how the PS blogcast can not be listened to on ps4.

davidxraw said:

June 19th, 10:19 pm

PlayStation 3 Suggestions

1. Can you please allow us to organize the download list so we can find things easier. Maybe adding some filters would be nice.
2. Can we have the ability to delete trophies especially the ones at 0%?
3. Can we have the ability to delete any avatars that we do not want.
4. Can we get a wish list feature for the PlayStation Store. This could be a useful way in organizing future purchases.
5. Can we see some more free mini games on the PlayStation 3 like Jetpack Joyride?
6. Please bring us gamers more 99 cent indie flash sales. Thanks

rabidninjamonky said:

June 19th, 10:26 pm

Devil Summoner 2! This was the first Shin Megami Tensei game I ever played, I bet I put at least 300 hours into it. It’s an amazing game. I hope it sells well!

I can’t wait to play Bloodborne, I saw that gameplay trailer that leaked a couple days after E3, and I was blown away. I’m even using Justin’s phone home screen now, I need to play this game NOW!

dodgedoors said:

June 20th, 1:16 pm

Awesome post time guys. Does this mean we can expect late Thursday / early Friday as was in the past?

Rezznak said:

June 20th, 1:43 pm

I really hate summer. It ALWAYS sucks for video games. THIS IS THE TIME TO BE RELEASING THOSE GREAT INDIES revealed LAST YEAR at E3.

Helldivers
Hotline Miami 2
N++!!!
Secret Ponchos

AND WHERE IS APOTHEON!? THAT GAME LOOKS AMAZING.
Sorry for yelling and not being on topic but I need these games soooo bad. I needed to vent.

Slyroller said:

June 20th, 3:52 pm

Hi guys, who can we contact to express how lame it is that the PS Now Beta is now charging rental fees already? We’re testing these things, and it’s clearly not ready. There will be an eternity for Sony to cash in on this service once it goes live. Is it really necessary to start soaking us now during the test phase? You guys have to agree that it isn’t cool, right?
I can’t find anywhere else on the site to post comments, particularly concerning PsNow as a topic. Any suggestions?

xRoBx23 said:

June 20th, 5:10 pm

Hey I know this is off topic, but is there any news on the Heavenly Sword film that had a release date for June 2014? I remember there was a tease a while back and I’m looking forward to it as I’m sure others are,because it can hopefully lead to a Heavenly Sword 2… Thank you for everything and awesome work as usual on the blog.

darknight_2012 said:

June 20th, 9:45 pm

– Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for PS Vita would be nice on a HD Edition with full trophy support.

– Final Fantasy VII Trophy Steam Edition for PSN with PS Vita Compatibility again, full trophy support.

– The 3rd Birthday – HD Edition with PS Vita Compatibility and full trophy support.

– Parasite Eve sequel to Parasite Eve 2 or The 3rd Birthday Spin off with RPG/3rd Person action Elements.

A Resident Evil title for PS Vita. or Bring Revelations to the PS Vita.

Ni No Kuni for PS Vita trophy support.

Summer Super Sale – Asap

More AAA titles for Vita, although indies are great, it will eventually come down to great titles for device sales.

Just wanted to get it off my chest.

cheers!

Wassco said:

June 21st, 3:11 pm

Darkknight_2012

.. theyve already stated AAA are done on vita.. they’ve given up on the handheld being a viable System. its an addon for a ps4 more or less now (like the wiiu tried doing with the gamepad)

They actually just posted this like 2-3 days ago,,, bet you wont see many AAA titles coming to vita… as most of the ps4 games can be played on the vita.. (most..) and with playstation now rolling out soon… yea…. not happening

rabidninjamonky said:

June 21st, 4:48 pm

@Wassco They actually stated that they were done with AAA on vita a couple months ago. Don Mesa actually said it on the Borderlands 2 bundle release post on this site. Not sure that announcement was a smart way to sell vita’s, but whatever, I’m over it already. The vita has plenty of games to last me for awhile at least. I would love to see PS2 classics on vita though, I’d love to play the Fatal Frame series, Shin Megami Tensei series or GTA San Andreas on my vita.

teenymhunter said:

June 21st, 11:16 pm

anyone else notice how they all sound similar it makes the entire conversation about the chair sound extremely silly to me

Harshevik said:

June 28th, 12:04 am

Twisted Metal PS4!

Ronar02 said:

June 30th, 2:00 am

Fun to listen to! You awesome guys! Tell pls what music plays in the end of the podcast? Like guitar solo :)