Final Fantasy XV

Jun 23

Jun 23

Blacklight: Retribution PS Plus Starter Pack Revealed

Kael Hammond's Avatar Posted by Producer, Zombie Studios

Blacklight: Retribution

Update: The launch timing for the PlayStation Plus Starter Pack has not been confirmed, but will be coming in the near future. Please stay tuned for more information on a release date.

Last week we announced that Blacklight: Retribution is coming out of Beta tomorrow, and we’re thrilled to share with you what we’ve been up to since the launch in November. Along with revealing new maps, a new weapon, and some cool new streaming capabilities, we’re happy to finally reveal our PlayStation Plus Starter Packs.

As a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll automatically receive the Starter Pack in the near future, which includes the Burstfire SMG, Revival Injector, and 250 ZCoins to spend on PlayStation Store. Head into customization to equip your items, and you’re ready to go!

PlayStation Trophies have also arrived, and we’re just as excited as you are to start earning them. Currently the Blacklight: Retribution Trophy count stands at twenty, and we plan to add more as future patches are released. Several of our team favorites include:

• Who Needs Friends?: Earned by completing 20 matches of Deathmatch.
  • Toasty: Earned by killing 10 Hardsuits with a Flamethrower.
  • Breadwinner: Get this one by earning 50,000 GP.
  • This Is My Rifle: Add this to your shelf by fully customizing a primary weapon.

Blacklight: RetributionBlacklight: Retribution

We can’t wait to see everyone start racking these up! As a reminder to all our Beta players, the Zcoin you purchased during the Beta period will be refunded to you as promised, so make sure to check your account in the coming week. You also may recall that stats, progress, earned items, and everything else will be maintained from Beta to full release — so there’s no need to worry that you’ll have to start completely over tomorrow.

Lastly, and most importantly, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks to all fans, players, and supporters of Blacklight: Retribution. The feedback and data we collected during Beta truly improved the game, and it would not have happened without you all! From the entire team, thank you!

Add Your Own

Blacq_Soul said:

June 23rd, 10:22 am

I actually like this game. it’s not a bad f2p game

jorge197 said:

June 23rd, 10:27 am

Now this is what im talking about!!!!! Thanks guys.

aro52 said:

June 23rd, 10:32 am

Welp, trophies will get me to finally check this game out! :P

ch8882002usnavy said:

June 23rd, 10:33 am

So glad to finally have trophy support. Hopefully it will get more people interested in playing it. Are the coins being refunded to out game account or our Bank accounts?

fantasyphil said:

June 23rd, 10:46 am

Is there any chance this patch will fix the matchmaking problems? I was unable to find a game throughout the entire beta, I just sat in the lobby by myself.

ossiecastro5 said:

June 23rd, 10:46 am

A platinum trophy would encourage more people to play. But that might not be necessary as this looks to be a very interesting game.

Valde_zerocool said:

June 23rd, 10:47 am

The stats will remain but will trophies be retroactive? If I have completed 20 TDM will it automatically pop?

Second, if I purchase Zcoins today and spend them will they get refunded later this week? Or has that ship sailed?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

Kael Hammond said:

June 23rd, 11:23 am

Many trophies work using your profile stats.A lot of beta users will already have progress logged for the trophies. If you’ve already completed a trophy’s requirements you won’t get them just by logging in but will be awarded trophies by completing one more of the required action.

Sum-Mischief said:

June 23rd, 10:54 am

Nice good to see it finally came out of beta. I looking forward to getting back and playing it .

Seiven said:

June 23rd, 11:10 am

Cool! I played this a little and enjoyed my time, but wanted to wait until the non-beta rolled out. I think this title will see many more of my few and far between spare hours (father of 2 toddlers)

Porcupeth00 said:

June 23rd, 11:18 am

same thing for EU? cause this wasn’t posted on EU blog..

fivexl said:

June 23rd, 11:30 am

I really hope this patch adds a feature that allows me and my friends to squad up before a match. Getting into a match together with my friends was a pain.

honkayjeezus said:

June 23rd, 11:39 am

One of the few times I see good news on this blog.

THANK YOU!!

o_John_McClane said:

June 23rd, 11:43 am

I enjoy this game very much,but thats me.Now i do hope this game takes off.This game goe deep into making guns fit your play style,and thats a good thing,hit me up on the psn

longhorns197 said:

June 23rd, 11:45 am

This is literally the only fps game I am good at. Played a ton of it on the PC, and a lot of the beta. Hope there is a platinum trophy for me to try to get. I love this game.

GeoDarky said:

June 23rd, 12:00 pm

This is sound really good, wait to jump in this tomorrow thank you guys for your hard work

NMeck702 said:

June 23rd, 12:07 pm

Had fun with this game on PC. The PS4 version was unreliable at best during beta. Looking forward to giving it one more shot on PS4.

TAG_Smiley said:

June 23rd, 12:29 pm

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

ht02135 said:

June 23rd, 12:31 pm

it is official GOLD is better than PS+.

J2O said:

June 23rd, 12:36 pm

Will we eventually be able to permanently buy equipment and weapons with the in game currency? (the currency other than Zcoins) Or has that already happened?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

Kael Hammond said:

June 23rd, 2:36 pm

Correct! A rotation of GP Permanent prices will be available for all users after beta. We’ll change it up so you guys can earn gear.

x7ZAGEx said:

June 23rd, 12:44 pm

I can’t wait! Add me if you want to play sometime!

tusunami said:

June 23rd, 1:28 pm

Yo now I will get back to playing this I was waiting to hear about this.

unlovedhomie said:

June 23rd, 2:15 pm

So is the game f2p or was that just for the beta? I really liked this game . Thx guys

Kael Hammond's Avatar

Kael Hammond said:

June 23rd, 2:36 pm

We’re Free To Play after beta too!

redthehaze said:

June 23rd, 2:37 pm

Is it still pay to win? I’ll play the co-op but not the competitive MP if someone can still pay money for a better gun.

krismassacre said:

June 23rd, 3:05 pm

Will there be ne titles and i have not got my 2 free loadout and tount,and dirty thirty

jonjuan1 said:

June 23rd, 3:06 pm

LOVE THIS GAME!!! THIS IS THE ONLY FPS GAME THAT I ACTUALLY ENJOY PLAYING AND I TRIED THEM ALL

krismassacre said:

June 23rd, 3:07 pm

New* taunt *

viceforce said:

June 23rd, 4:00 pm

Y did I think there was a starter pack when this game launched? Oh well maybe I was confused with the Warframe Plus Starter Kit. But like most and like Warframe now that this is coming with trophies will more likely give this game another go.

YungShep said:

June 23rd, 4:31 pm

TROPHIES!!!!!!!!!! :SUCCESS:

Guimace said:

June 23rd, 4:49 pm

Trophies! Great news!

krismassacre said:

June 23rd, 6:17 pm

Kael is the update tonight

PenguinActual said:

June 23rd, 8:44 pm

About time this came out of Beta. Looking forward to the new maps. I wonder if the new weapon will be useful for my play style?

synchronizedbear said:

June 24th, 1:36 am

will this be available in Australia?

guitarded77 said:

June 24th, 9:29 am

AWESOME!!! Can’t wait to jump back in. I was waiting for it to come out of beta to earn some trophies. The PS+ content is a nice bonus. Thank’s.

THUNDOR said:

June 24th, 11:59 am

just finished downloading the new update. I still can’t login can someone from zombie help me out.

givingtheguid said:

June 24th, 12:36 pm

Posting this here, because I would like some answers-

What is going on with the IGC? It has not been working correctly these past two updates.

Terraria, never showed up! Still hasn’t.

Mutant? It’s there in the FREE GAMES PAGE FOR $9.99.
It’s in the FREE games page for a PRICE. Does that make any sense to you?

Update the store and fix this. Why am I paying for a service that I am not receiving?

I’ve deleted the entire store and re-downloaded just to see if that did anything. It didn’t.

FIX THIS PLEASE.

Etherealwalnut said:

June 24th, 1:03 pm

@35

Strange, I got Terraria earlier in the week just fine. It showed up in the Vita store for me.

I just now checked the SEN Store on my PC (store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) and it is showing up free. You are checking the vita version right? Also, the store hasn’t fully updated yet. Wait a few hours and check back. Mutant Mudds should be free then.

Hooligantuan said:

June 24th, 3:27 pm

I’m on fiberoptic line and this update is really chugging along like a wounded slug riding a three-legged turtle through a puddle of lukewarm molasses.

8 gig update, been downloading for half an hour now, just hit the 80MB mark.

At this rate, it will take five or more hours. That’s not reasonable, Sony.

fivexl said:

June 24th, 5:35 pm

I got the SMG and the injector but no coins whatsoever :(

Staticks said:

June 25th, 5:38 am

How about improving on the controls? Even with the sensitivity settings turned all the way up, the turn speed in incredibly slow.

PenguinActual said:

June 25th, 7:50 am

@23 Pay-to-win? I’ve been killed by plenty of new players with the starting gear and I have 242 HP, Multiple Loadouts, 4 Gear slots, and a tactical slot (always equipped with something). Though I’ve seen few people use the bow even when players buy ZCoin.

DoTheKiller91 said:

June 25th, 10:17 am

The screen tearing in this game is absolutely incredible…

UnR3aL_pWn3r said:

June 25th, 10:23 am

I recieved the Burstfire SMG, Revival Injector but no zcoins

zD3AtHShAd0Wz said:

June 26th, 5:38 pm

Never got zcoins but got everything else. Help?

theNurOnur said:

June 30th, 1:45 pm

Is There Any Specific Date For The PlayStation Plus Starter Pack And Can You Please Make An Update On Selling Your Guns At The Exact Price You Bought Them Because I Already Bought The Burstfire SMG But I’m Going To Get It Anyway Because I’m A PlayStation Plaus Member So I Would Like To Sell It So I Can Get My GP Back?

theNurOnur said:

June 30th, 1:49 pm

Sorry I Don’t Think I Bought My Burstfire SMG I Think I Got The Starter Pack But No ZCoins Please Fix That.

ScopeNDeath said:

July 1st, 11:09 am

Hey Kael Hammond, I am a subscriber of PSPlus. Like others I got the SMG, but I can’t use D-pad items like revival pack. I also never got any ZCoins. Will there be a fix for this issue? Thanks if you are able to reply!!! Also, does the premium membership make GP the only required currency when purchasing from the market???

Luffy0192 said:

July 4th, 5:30 pm

Played this game and its better but i think every weapon and attachment that changes your weapon or your characters stats should be able to be bought with gp. my only legitimate complaint and honestly my friend stopped playing this game only because of that. i know some can but all should be able to.

ManixHomefront said:

July 15th, 7:57 am

is it free cause it looks fun

meanazzolman said:

July 17th, 9:38 am

After giving my option the children of zombie studios put my account- 3246 zcoins thanks now i know what developers to avoid.