God of War

Jun 23

Jun 23

PlayStation Plus: Mutant Mudds Deluxe Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

It’s time to do some extreme jumping with Mutant Mudds Deluxe. A perfect fit for the Vita, Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a nod to classic platformers complete with pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack. The hero, Max, sports a fancy jetpack, which you can use to bounce between the foreground and background to keep things interesting. Max also grabbed a water gun before the mutated mud monsters invaded, so use it to make them squeaky-clean, jellybean (a.k.a. kill them).

Check out our Summer Sale discounts below, including Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and OlliOlli. There are also some extra discounts including Battlefield 4 on PS3 and some DC Universe Online add-on packs.

You can download Mutant Mudds Deluxe after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 6/24.

Plus - Mutant Mudds

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Mutant Mudds
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun! Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Summer Sale

Title Plus Price Regular Sale Original Price
Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD (PS3) $9.79 $13.99 $19.99
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (PS3) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
Castlestorm Complete Edition (PS3) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
Castlestorm (PS Vita) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
Castlestorm (PS3) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 PS3) $26.99 $29.99 $59.99
Deception IV: Blood Ties (PS Vita) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Deception IV: Blood Ties (PS3) $29.39 $41.99 $59.99
Dustforce (PS Vita) $5.59 $6.99 $9.99
Dustforce (PS3) $5.59 $6.99 $9.99
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (PS3) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (PS Vita) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Escape Plan (PS Vita) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99

Castlestorm The Warrior Queen (PS Vita) $1.39 $1.99 $2.99
DC Universe Online – Home Turf (PS3/PS4) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
DC Universe Online – The Last Laugh (PS3/PS4) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
X-Blaze Code: Embryo (PS3) $27.19 N/A $33.99
X-Blaze Code: Embryo (PS Vita) $27.19 N/A $33.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 7/1)

Instant Game Collection

DESTINY OF SPIRITS DESTINY ORBS 35
RAINBOW MOON
RAINBOW MOON
RAINBOW MOON PS3 PLAYER SPECIAL OFFER
RAINBOW MOON MELODIES
RAINBOW MOON CROSS-SAVE BUNDLE
RAINBOW MOON RAINBOW PEARLS BUNDLE (SMALL)
RAINBOW MOON RAINBOW PEARLS BUNDLE (LARGE)
RAINBOW MOON 5,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 35,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 90,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 270,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (BALDREN)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (BALDREN) + BLACK RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (TRISHA)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (TRISHA) + FIRE RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (DOZERU)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (DOZERU) + PEARL RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (GORODO)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (GORODO) + FIRE RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (ZELORUS)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (ZELORUS) + BLACK RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (SERENA)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (SERENA) + PEARL RING
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (SMALL)
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (MEDIUM)
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (LARGE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (SINGLE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (DOUBLE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (TRIPLE)
RAINBOW MOON 5,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 35,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 90,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 270,000 RAINBOW COINS
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (BALDREN)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (BALDREN) + BLACK RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (TRISHA)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (TRISHA) + FIRE RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (DOZERU)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (DOZERU) + PEARL RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (GORODO)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (GORODO) + FIRE RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (ZELORUS)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (ZELORUS) + BLACK RING
RAINBOW MOON 500 RAINBOW PEARLS (SERENA)
RAINBOW MOON 50,000 RAINBOW PEARLS (SERENA) + PEARL RING
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (SMALL)
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (MEDIUM)
RAINBOW MOON STARTER PACK (LARGE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (SINGLE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (DOUBLE)
RAINBOW MOON AMULET SET (TRIPLE)
MASTER REBOOT

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update, make sure to vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

June 23rd, 8:56 am

@25 Neither the Plus post nor the drop lists DLC unless it is on sale. The Drop posts only lists new games coming out that week not DLC. Not sure why Another World wasn’t listed though. Probably just forgot about it. Look for all those things you’re looking for on the Store update post tomorrow.

ferrers405 said:

June 23rd, 8:57 am

@32

Sony don’t give me nothing, I pay all this games with my subscription.

Mercenary09 said:

June 23rd, 8:57 am

For everyone complaining about this summer sale it is possible that Sony is going to have new Summer sales every week. Just a thought.

Valyrious said:

June 23rd, 8:59 am

If people want Steam sales, go buy your games on Steam?

gemuvan said:

June 23rd, 9:00 am

@Kristine Steimer you have mistake in this sentence >>>>>>.

>>>>>>>You can download Terraria after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 6/24.

Not Terraria, but Mutant Whatever Delux. Terraria is already available =).. Or did I miss something?

DanteMerfi said:

June 23rd, 9:00 am

Not too impressed with the summer sale. I may or may not pick Deception IV on the Vita. I need to sleep on it.

Z31K said:

June 23rd, 9:05 am

Will there be a cross save feature for Assassins Creed Liberation?? I own it on Ps Vita and that would be the only thing that would get me to throw down on the PS3 Version…. Actually…. I may just have to… That price is super sexy…. Dat Discount… XD

SPuello said:

June 23rd, 9:06 am

can we please have some NEW AAA Games instead of platformers and games that belong on Apple products?? i mean you gave us a couple when Vita was released (AC:Liberation, KZ: Mercenary, Gravity Rush) and then developers stopped to make these platformers… dont get me wrong some platformers on the vita are fun. however, vita has SO MUCH POTENTIAL!! and NOBODY is taking advantage of that.. and remastered games for the vita doesnt count…

THA_STARKILLER said:

June 23rd, 9:10 am

To Everyone Flipping Out about the Summer Sale. I also think it’s a sad sale, but I think Sony has been doing 2 Sales a week for a little while now. Gives Them more Articles to Post, & Tabs to See in the Ps Store to ‘Fill Up’ Space so the ‘Average Customer’ will notice the Sales. Last week was a Sports Sale & a Ps Only Sale. I’m assuming there will be another Post Tomorrow about another Sale.

OlliOlli & Blue Estate on Ps4 Please & Thank You.

SureBigBuster said:

June 23rd, 9:11 am

You keep giving us this garbage for our IGC and you’re going to start losing customers in a heart beat. Miscrosoft’s Games with Gold program is currently offering better games than what I’m getting from PS+. I never thought the day would come when I’d say that. I’m REALLY disappointed -__-

Mando44646 said:

June 23rd, 9:11 am

Hmm maybe Liberation HD for me this week.

I really hope Vita has a much better month next month with less Indie crap.

Also, please fix your post rating system!

bajor27 said:

June 23rd, 9:11 am

Pumped for Mutant Mudds. Hae been all month. Honestly was on the verge of buying it just before June PS+ titles wee announced.

As for the sale. Not bad. I’ll be picking up AC Liberation HD, Dustforce (not sure which platform), and OlliOlli (if I confirm crossbuy — pretty sure it will have it)

I would buy AC Freedom Cry if it was PS4 edition, but not buying this on PS3

Mando44646 said:

June 23rd, 9:13 am

Also, pretty meh sale overall. Console players are never going to support digital gaming like PC users do when your sales don’t even hold a candle to Steam’s. Its also annoying that there are never good PS4 deals, especially since Microsoft even offers some good XBO deals here and there

Drew_Croft said:

June 23rd, 9:15 am

Freedom Cry for PS3? Really? Another terrible week in the sales. First the Vita and now PS+ is getting crappy.

THA_STARKILLER said:

June 23rd, 9:15 am

If anything,… Be Warned. Destiny PSN Digital Pre-Orders aren’t Sending Out Beta Access Codes till 7/03 or 7/04, a Sony Chat Rep told me this morning. But the Bungie.net Destiny Beta Access Information Page says
“Q. How do I get a Destiny Beta code?
To gain access to the Destiny Beta, you must pre-order a copy of Destiny from participating retailers.

Time and supplies are limited.

You can pre-order online and find information about participating retailers by visiting the website linked below.

Which links to a Page showing Selectable Tabs with a Playstation Store – BETA Selection that Links me to the Sony Entertainment Network. The Only thing giving me any Comfort is the XBonez don’t even have a Microsoft Store Tab for BETA ACCESS }:)

dancer1946 said:

June 23rd, 9:16 am

The most worthless PSN week yet! .

DGVince said:

June 23rd, 9:22 am

Dynasty Warriors 8 $20 on PS3 but still $60 on PS4… seems legit

shanejax said:

June 23rd, 9:23 am

Alot of great games are just 5 bucks at Steam. PC Elitist out.

Billantwon said:

June 23rd, 9:25 am

Glad I only joined Plus for a month.. Pretty terrible E3 and summer sales compared to last year.

Billantwon said:

June 23rd, 9:27 am

I did pick up a couple games from the sports sale though so that was ok. I like those kind of sales now and again.

FifthDream said:

June 23rd, 9:30 am

Oh man, I can’t wait til all the whiners who threaten to jump ship do it. Then I don’t have to listen to all their entitled whining all the time. “Meh, nothing for me this week.” Do you really need to type that every time? Save your fingers for shoving them… In your ears. “_____ sales are better!” Then go buy games there. “Put this game on sale instead!” No. News flash, you’re not the only person on the planet. These sales aren’t just for you. Your mom should have taught you these things. “The free games aren’t good enough for me.” You’re too picky and spoiled. All of you, just walk away. If sales and free games aren’t good enough for your wonderful, superior selves, just get up and walk away. No one is forcing you to participate. But whatever you do, just shut up. Your childish tantrums are annoying.

ocray said:

June 23rd, 9:39 am

All these people defending defending sony sales, must work for sony. Lol

Z31K said:

June 23rd, 9:40 am

Sooooo…. My question still stands… Post 56…. Lmk. :-)

Monterossa said:

June 23rd, 9:40 am

Are you trying to fight Steam’s summer sale with this? c’mon…

muldy00 said:

June 23rd, 9:40 am

Is Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry a standalone expansion? I have the main game on the 360. (Don’t boo me!)

Rezznak said:

June 23rd, 9:43 am

PLEASE SONY! Helldivers and Hotline Miami 2 next month?! Please?

Anyway can’t wait for Resogun and Killzone DLC!

ElektroDragon said:

June 23rd, 9:47 am

Plus is become more and more DISAPPOINTING!

Drew me in with tons of AAA console gamers in the first year or two, now we get nothing but low budget indie Vita games for months on end.

Your tactics are as bad a drug dealer’s, Sony!

THA_STARKILLER said:

June 23rd, 9:47 am

@ 62 Mando44646 – Steam/PCs outsell Sony Digitally because that’s all They sell. Go buy a Physical PC Game at Gamestop, can’t. Console Digital Prices Reflect Their Physical counterparts so as to not Undermine Their Value & to Help Support the Physical Releases as well as advertising. Ever see PC advertising, barely. Ever see PC Company endorsements, Nope, Why, Because Most Indie PC Gaming Companies can’t afford it, & Once They do, They Jump to Console, Minecraft anyone. Your comparing Apples to Binary Code. One sells real things, the Others Middle Games to Lonely PC Gamers. My Homie showed Up Last Night with His HDTV so we could “Couch Co-Op” on his Gaming Laptop. Unsuccessfully Mapping Controls to Gamepad’s & Hours Later We’re Playing on my Ps4. Yes, Steam has amazing Sales, but their also trying to make that ‘Steam Machine’. Which tells me two Things. Yes, they make a lot of Money, but Sony Obviously makes More because Their trying to compete with the Console Market. Go Play Your PC by Yourself talking to no one because PC Gamers Barely Use Headsets. }:) I’ve always had my best Gaming Moments Enjoying Console Gaming, Not Isolated, Solo PC Grinding. PC Gaming is like the Matrix, Plugged In & Extremely Uncomfortable.

charleschannels said:

June 23rd, 9:49 am

Almost all PS4 games on sale interest me :) Escape Plan, NBA 2K14 and Blue Estate.

charleschannels said:

June 23rd, 9:50 am

#73 Yes.

genioblackfire said:

June 23rd, 9:51 am

Text need a correction:

the last line says: “You can download Terraria after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 6/24.”

i thing that correct is: You can download mutant mudds after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 6/24.”

is that?

Einhander138 said:

June 23rd, 10:10 am

I’ll buy it when there’s a physical release.

Otherwise – NO SALE.

CptQwark said:

June 23rd, 10:11 am

I would get Freedom Cry on the PS4 but not on the PS3.

iREVOLTER said:

June 23rd, 10:14 am

Just 50% Off for PS+ on Sales, meeeeh! Last years were lot better… Where are the promised 75% or even 80% Off for PS+ ? I really hope you’ll bring those sales back, cause previous sales also just were just 50% Off for PS+.

dodgedoors said:

June 23rd, 10:18 am

I hope the strider ps4 IGC rumors are true, I’d be interested in playing Towerfall as well.

hazelcabug said:

June 23rd, 10:37 am

PS PLUS finally got blows out of the water by XBOX gold because XBOX gold offered 2 games to XBOX 360 for FREE (literal free not RENTAL) evenif the subscription run out… It’s a wrong move by sony to remove yearly titles and reducing ps3 to 2 titles a month in which most of the time 1 could be an indie.

Splodem said:

June 23rd, 10:55 am

Can we see some PS1 and PSP games go on sale? I’m glad I have plus, but seriously, the sales have been weak and certainly I haven’t felt the need to want to renew Plus when my subscription ends. Going back to that sale with Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, I haven’t found one game I’ve wanted to buy since. And the problem for many as far as purchasing new titles digitally, especially when they’re available through retail, is our memory cards have no space, so seeing Deception on sale doesn’t exactly grab my attention. MORE PS1 AND PSP SALES (Like ZHP Unlosing Ranger and SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1!

Still waiting for:

Suikoden 2
Jade Cocoon
Saga Frontier
Megaman Legends 1 and 2
Vandal Hearts 1 and 2
Einhander
Die Hard Trilogy
Diablo
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

TriP6963 said:

June 23rd, 10:55 am

Getting a PS4 without any games (got a few arcade titles from my Plus sub)… Please give a good full PS4 (disk) game next month. Looking forward to getting in on the next gen. Will most likely renew my Plus sub end of the month.

TomHoang said:

June 23rd, 10:55 am

Mutant Mudds looks like I great game and I will definitely be playing it. My Vita will be getting a lot of love this week with XBlaze Code: Embryo, Mutant Mudds, and OlliOlli on sale. Don’t really understand why people say the Vita has no games.

Elvick_ said:

June 23rd, 11:05 am

No Liberation Vita sale? Fail.

Elvick_ said:

June 23rd, 11:06 am

@87: Enjoy waiting. Mega Man Legends 1&2 and Crisis Core have licensing issues. Won’t happen.

zeenick said:

June 23rd, 11:07 am

Meh

saab01 said:

June 23rd, 11:07 am

Looking forward to strider next week tower fall ascension we will see after giving it a try.

lxy8339100 said:

June 23rd, 11:19 am

picking up Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD (PS3) and the new vita PS+ game for sure xD

could be nice if Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (PS3) is 5 dollar….

Solidmgsnake said:

June 23rd, 11:19 am

Awesome. Lets have another summer sale next week!

Charly_Corr said:

June 23rd, 11:20 am

Nothing to me in this sale.

PD: Where are the permanent free games on Instant Collection? The Uncharted 3, LBP 2, XCOM, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 replacements? Don’t tell me that there will be no replacements o_o

TJF588 said:

June 23rd, 11:21 am

Aside from Mutant Blubs DX, I’ll just finally be picking up Rainbow Moon, far as Plus goes.

elnicoba2b said:

June 23rd, 11:21 am

Really poor summer sale. Hope to see good games for july…

Z31K said:

June 23rd, 11:25 am

@80 Thank you my good man… :-)

Debesticus said:

June 23rd, 11:26 am

This is so sad, buying my ps4 has been the biggest let down ever, I play all my shooters on my PC ( cause we all know PC ***** on any console) but all we get to play on this Ps4 is retro and old looking games, Now now i know everyone will say well there is Infamous, BF4, FF14, and a couple more i didnt mention but come on i want some actually good games to play, i feel like ill be waiting forever to play KH3 and NHL 15 @_@ shoulda just waited till September to buy that damn ps4