Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 19

Aug 19

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Out Today on PS4, PS3

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Malthael, the Angel of Death, has descended upon Sanctuary and now threatens the very existence of humanity. Luckily, the world has heroes like you to solve such troubling affairs.

In Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition, the story of Diablo III is expanded with an all new Act V. In the third part of our exclusive, behind-the-scenes series, Blizzard explains how Malthael’s arrival fits into the larger Diablo narrative, and what new modes Reaper of Souls brings to the iconic loot-collecting adventure. This includes the brand new class, the Crusader, a “knight in battle-scarred armor,” who charges into the thick of combat without hesitation.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition launches today on PS4 and PS3. For those of you that originally started your quest through Sanctuary in Diablo III, know that your hero’s progress carries over to Reaper of Souls. Don’t miss a single step, and enjoy your quest. Good luck, Nephalem!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

BLITZ2278 said:

August 19th, 8:24 am

I forgot that this was coming out today on ps4. Forgetting about this has to be the ultimately the evilest thing I could have done.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:18 am

Now it is time to repent.

hectbaf said:

August 19th, 8:25 am

I’m considing getting the game but I’m not that sure yet I think I’ll see some gameplay before

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:18 am

I can assure you that Diablo III is Amazetown. I’ve played for about 150 hours.

winterdust said:

August 19th, 8:32 am

Downloaded this last night thanks to the preload option. Game runs super smooth and looks fantastic. Feel free to add me for co-op!

OtterX said:

August 19th, 8:37 am

I had never played D3 before. Played a bit of D2 back in the day though. Loving it so far! Started a bit slow, but now it’s really picking up. I rolled a Crusader. I love the Vita’s remote play feature on it. I didn’t have to stop playing to take one of “those breaks”, if you know what I mean. ;)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:19 am

Nice! Glad you’re enjoying it.

SackAttack said:

August 19th, 8:40 am

Vita’s Remote Play feature is the biggest reason I’m looking forward to this game (going physical copy though). I have the PC version but being able to go portable would be glorious.

hawjboi2009 said:

August 19th, 8:45 am

diablo 3 is amazing game on ps4. .i am playing it right now.. i has alot fun either too

akibake said:

August 19th, 8:47 am

I bought Diablo 3 digitally on the PS3 last year. How can I get Act V without rebuying the entire game?

snakeeyes211 said:

August 19th, 8:50 am

ZzzzzzZ

djsaiyan said:

August 19th, 8:50 am

Heading out to pick it up now. Think I’m gonna roll me a Demon Hunter to start with, since my main on the PC version was a Monk and I feel like doing something different.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:20 am

Yeah, roll a new hero!

djsaiyan said:

August 19th, 8:52 am

@7

You can’t.

However keep in mind that the cost of re-buying the whole game as Ultimate Evil Edition is the exact same price as buying the expansion on PC. You’re not getting a better OR worse deal by having to buy the game again.

PBrudz said:

August 19th, 8:55 am

I know the save transfers (PS3->PS4) but will people with PS3’s be able to play with people with PS4’s?

MattyP29 said:

August 19th, 9:18 am

I’m really looking forward to playing this after work!

CrusaderForever said:

August 19th, 9:19 am

So happy! Playing as the Crusader and loving it! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to import my PS3 Demon Hunter. I have my PS3 still but I don’t have the Diablo III disc anymore. Not to upset as I am looking forward to playing as a new Demon Hunter after my Crusader play through. Such a beautiful game. Thanks Sony and Blizzard for making 1080p 60FPS happen!

winterdust said:

August 19th, 9:24 am

Playing as a Demon Hunter and loving it! The game starts off way too easy so I bumped it up to Hard and it’s a lot more fun. Can’t wait to try some co-op tonight.

bhm65 said:

August 19th, 9:25 am

LONG LIVE THE GREATNESS PLAY :)
Let get ready to play diablo 3 and reaper of souls.
Long live the greatness
Long live the greatness

ArchAngelMai said:

August 19th, 9:53 am

@Ryan, any word on whether Console version has same legendary drop rate boost that PC got back in May? I play on PC currently and can’t wait for patch 2.1. If consoles have Legendary boost and 2.1 patch isn’t too far off from PS4, I will snag it.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:22 am

Great question, Mai, and I’m not sure. You might want to hit up Blizzard on Twitter or forums to confirm.

lisatsunami said:

August 19th, 10:13 am

The pre-load worked perfectly. Diablo was ready to play at midnight and I played for almost 4 hours. It’s really fun. If all digital pre-orders work this well, I will buy more PS4 games this way.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 19th, 10:22 am

I’m really glad the launch was smooth for you! ^_^

winterdust said:

August 19th, 10:17 am

@17 Yup, I was very impressed with the Diablo 3 preload. I also preloaded PvZ Garden Warfare and it was actually available three hours early! ^_^

DiddyWaDiddy said:

August 19th, 10:42 am

Diablo 2 is probably my favorite PC game of all time. Was never able to play D3 because of my hardware, so I jumped in this for PS4 and played for about an hour this morning before work. It’s amazing and pretty much all I can think about right now.

andru31 said:

August 19th, 10:47 am

Is the battle.net on maintenance right now? Try to transfer my characters and it won’t let me?

andru31 said:

August 19th, 10:49 am

Hey Ryan do you know if battle.net is doing maintenance on there site?

Phunkle said:

August 19th, 10:52 am

I transferred my hardcore monk from ps3 to ps4.Their health dropped from 13k to 640. Is this a bug? None of my items with purple gems seem to raise my heath. My vitality is over 1000.

NervousScarab said:

August 19th, 11:11 am

As others have said the preload went smooth though I font totally get the time zone concept for the unlock?? seems a little dumb since midnight release here wouldnt start @ 3am…. But digitally it does. played before work for a couple hours. love it, never played diablo 1 or 2… But this will definitely keep me tied till destiny. add me for coop NervousScarab and put d3 as a message so I know. lets slay some baddies!

syllaw said:

August 19th, 11:13 am

Why is the Ps3 version 20 dollars cheaper? Also is it cross play? I’m going to bite the bullet on ps4 version but I’m kind of miffed at the price discrepancy

Ryumoau said:

August 19th, 11:16 am

I’m excited to play this game on ps4 but i’m going to wait for a significant price drop before i get it. I already bought Diablo 3 full price last year and don’t want to double dip this soon.

jvasq said:

August 19th, 11:21 am

damn….i don’t get paid until Friday…anyone wanna lend me 60$? :p

pirakorn said:

August 19th, 11:24 am

I play diablo 3 on PS3. Now that the Ultimate Evil Edition is available. Do i download digitally or buy the actual disc? Will it continue to Act V without having to replay everything?

OtterX said:

August 19th, 11:25 am

Yea, the preload was cool…. but the midnight PST was not. I’m originally from the East coast, but I am in Europe right now…. I couldn’t start playing until 8am! :(

DeviantBoi said:

August 19th, 11:39 am

Anyone know how to redeem the pre-order bonuses?

I got it from PSN.

FEARtheSHOF said:

August 19th, 11:45 am

yeah i pre order it also digital and ive got the ring. but ive not received the pauldrons or the pet so if somebody could tell me how to get those item.s i would appreciate it ive linked my account to battlenet also but still those items are missing for me.

OtterX said:

August 19th, 11:48 am

the preorder items showed up in the storage container outside in the first town. I had to close the game and retry a few times before they showed up. hope this helps!

lisatsunami said:

August 19th, 11:52 am

I didn’t get the pre-order DLC either yet. I’m thinking we have to progress further in game for them to unlock so not worried yet. That ring they gave us for linking the battle.net account is sweet.

lisatsunami said:

August 19th, 11:57 am

@31, Otter, thanks, I’ll try that when I get home. I hope my pet isn’t suffocating in the meantime, lol.

NickNacca611 said:

August 19th, 12:14 pm

Horadrim. Horadrim. Ho-Ho-Horadrim. Who let the barbarians out?!

FEARtheSHOF said:

August 19th, 12:15 pm

ok thanks ive reload the game of couple of times and restarted my ps4 and still havent received the items. how far was you in the game when u got your pauldrons and the pet ive received the ring and the transmorph they were in my chest the other items still aint there.

OtterX said:

August 19th, 12:21 pm

@35 FEARtheSHOF the pauldrons did show up as a separate download from PSN from the core game, yea? I was only a few levels in when I got them to show up. They are level 1. I activated the Battlenet ring too. There was a little delay on getting it to work for me too, but no more than 30 mins or so. I restarted the game a number of times, but not sure if this had anything to do with helping it.

FEARtheSHOF said:

August 19th, 12:27 pm

ok thanks i will keep trying

silentran17 said:

August 19th, 12:51 pm

Really cool people….Game is a beauty!

SigEp_Raiders said:

August 19th, 12:55 pm

Any chance there will be a Demo? I’m sure I would love it, but I am worried about my girlfriend enjoying it. With Destiny around the corner and the fact that I still need to beat TLOU (not to mention all the other great games coming out this year), I don’t want to get it if my girlfriend will despise it.

bam37 said:

August 19th, 12:57 pm

This is my first diablo game and i am addicted this game is awesome great job blizzard!

honkayjeezus said:

August 19th, 1:46 pm

$30 worth of more DLC is up for Last Of Us Remastered… I take it you guys aren’t blogging about this anymore?

wesj36 said:

August 19th, 1:57 pm

Will there ever be a demo for diablo 3? I’ve never played one and I REALLY want to try it!

Dante069 said:

August 19th, 2:05 pm

@ Wes

Diablo 3 had a demo out awhile back before the first part came out.

@Ryan and Sony Team
Thanks for the early store update! Downloading SAO HF as we speak! Keep up the great work guys and gals!

will13374food said:

August 19th, 3:42 pm

Is there seriously no coop play with the same account?
I want my money back, I want to return my PS4, it is the only reason I got the thing.
I am over this.

Eddo_Marin said:

August 19th, 4:45 pm

I got it last night, like 2 hours before the relase so i got the preorder bonus XD I love you, PlayStation.

Andrex12121 said:

August 19th, 5:36 pm

Im playing diablo 3 Ros with my little brother and im picking up drops and its giving it to him how may i take this setting off?

Amnesiac_Kid said:

August 19th, 7:27 pm

We just got reaper and transferred all data from ps3. On the ps3 we played co-op on the same PSN account. Now it’s not letting us play co op with the same characters we both created on the ps4. Can someone please tell me if I am missing something? This is a huge let down as we want yo continue playing the game either our built up characters. Is there a way we can both play coop with 2 characters from the same PSN account?

CyberChrist said:

August 19th, 9:29 pm

Looks freakin great on ps4! Anyone who’s on the fence, this will gobble up your time like few other games will. And now Blizzard lifted the paragon level cap so from what I hear it goes well over 800! I’ll be playing this forever.

Nethwarang said:

August 20th, 7:00 am

This really sucks… I love D3 ROS but no port to PC to PS4? Really? All my hard work for nothing….. Cmon make it happend…

PAGE 1 2