Final Fantasy XV

Aug 19

Aug 19

Freedom Wars Launching October 28th for PS Vita

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

Earlier last week, Justin from PlayStation.Blog was kind enough to share his personal experiences with the 4-player co-op mode with Freedom Wars. While most of you really enjoyed the video, some of the repeated questions and comments from the thread included:

• What’s up with the release date?
  • Where are the pre-order DLCs?
  • How do I get the pre-order if I purchase from PlayStation Store?

Well, we’re here to answer those questions today!

To begin, we are incredibly thrilled to officially announce that Freedom Wars will launch in North America on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 for $29.99.

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

For those looking for a head start in reducing your sentence within the world of Freedom Wars, our participating retailers are offering the same pre-order DLC as the original Japan release. These items include:

1. Limited Edition Costume – Personalize your Freedom Wars character with Formal Wear
  2. Powerful Starter Weapons – Upgraded melee and long range attack weapon.
  3. Limited Edition Sticker Set – For in-game use
  4. Combat Pack Item – Medical Supply Set

Freedom Wars on PS VitaFreedom Wars on PS Vita

Lastly, for those that want the same pre-order items for the digital version, simply purchase Freedom Wars between Tuesday, October 28th to Tuesday, November 11th. After that, the pre-order items will no longer be available.

Stay tuned for much more on Freedom Wars!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

joaryche said:

August 19th, 6:10 am

Sounds like a must buy to me

August 19th, 6:33 am

I feel the same way! Thanks joaryche!

joaryche said:

August 19th, 6:10 am

1st

solidkratos963 said:

August 19th, 6:12 am

Finally I have been waiting for the release date but October 28… ohhh well at least its not December like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 so I can’t wait for it.

August 19th, 6:34 am

It’ll be well, well worth the wait, solidkratos! Thanks for your support!

Fengard said:

August 19th, 6:13 am

Cool, have time to finish the SAO game before this game is release :D

August 19th, 6:34 am

Sounds good to me, Fengard! Can’t wait until you get your hands on it!

snakeeyes211 said:

August 19th, 6:20 am

ZzzzzZ

xarienne said:

August 19th, 6:27 am

Could you please let us know who the participating retailers are for the pre-order bonuses? Thanks much!

Ken Chan said:

August 19th, 6:57 am

Our usual suspects including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy are supporting the Freedom Wars pre-order bonuses. Their site should be updated with the info this week

juuichi-11 said:

August 19th, 6:30 am

Heyyyy :D Great News. I was expecting this game after xmas only!!! I played the japanese demo and this games is probably a Vita TOP 5… if not TOP 3. I’m totally buying it. btw, will you guys release a beta/demo before oct 28?

August 19th, 6:37 am

Hey Juuichi – thanks for the kind words! We’re putting all of our efforts into getting the game out into your hands right now, so still no word on a demo, but I’ll be personally showing it off at a few key events before release. (Come see me at PAX if you’re able!)

Really appreciate your support, and thank you very much!

MarshMarlou said:

August 19th, 6:30 am

Yey!!!!!

migukstyle said:

August 19th, 6:32 am

Day 1 purchase in retail!

August 19th, 6:38 am

Love hearing that migukstyle! Thanks for your support!

thecontroller92 said:

August 19th, 6:32 am

No physical goodies like in asia?

August 19th, 6:40 am

Hey thecontroller92 – we unfortunately weren’t able to provide any physical bonuses in time for the launch of the game, but I’ll be working hard to bring over some other fun items a bit later after launch! Freedom Wars is a big title, so please stay tuned! :)

foodXD said:

August 19th, 6:33 am

What are those participating retailer?

KazeEternal said:

August 19th, 6:36 am

Same day as AC Unity…. guess this game might get neglected for a couple of weeks :-/

August 19th, 6:42 am

I think you’ll find some time, KazeEternal. :) Thanks for your support!

Istyle318 said:

August 19th, 6:40 am

Will this work on PlayStation TV?

August 19th, 6:43 am

Absolutely it will – compatible from Day 1, so I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for your support!

Archacus said:

August 19th, 6:41 am

*drolling*

Hell yeah! Any news on will we be able to play with you guys in NA (EU-NA). We share 50 panopticons… or so I heard… so it might mean that we will be on one server… is that right?

Anyway! Let’s make this game best selling game on Vita! If anyone has friends show some trailers of FW and force them to buy Vita and FW… if they don’t want to… just bite their necks off. I will be dissapointed if we won’t reach 1.25 kk of sold copies! So yeah, advertise game guys! Not only SCEA and SCEE but also Vita owners.

Anyway:
All hail Freedom Wars
All hail Nick Accordino
All hail Junichi Yoshizawa-san

P.S. I hope this will sell godly and we in EU won’t have to repeat that circus with petitioning for Oreshika retail :/

August 19th, 6:44 am

Thanks for your overwhelming support, Archacus – can’t wait until you get a chance to play!

FortySevenDrift said:

August 19th, 6:41 am

I’ve had this pre-ordered since July on Amazon. Nice to know I’ll be getting some bonuses for doing so. And that’s a nice price as well, $10 cheaper than most handheld games! I certainly hope you guys give this a lot of exposure. From what I’ve seen and heard from my friends in Japan, SCE Japan Studio knocked it out of the park yet again. This ought to be a system seller!

August 19th, 6:46 am

Really appreciate that, FortySevenDrift – thank you very much! I hope you’ll help encourage your friends to give it a shot too – it’s a lot easier to reduce that 1 Million year sentence in multiplayer!

August 19th, 6:42 am

I think you’ll find some time, KazeEternal. :) Thanks for your support!

Luke_FM said:

August 19th, 6:44 am

Happy!! Must buy on day one!

August 19th, 6:46 am

Love hearing that, Luke_FM! Thanks for your support!

foodXD said:

August 19th, 6:48 am

Why doesnt Nick reply to me? I really would like to know what are those participating retailers.

August 19th, 6:51 am

(Just getting complete confirmation for you – check your replies soon!)

Nerroth said:

August 19th, 6:49 am

I wonder if it might be an idea to create a bunduru with Freedom Wars, a PlayStation TV, a decent-sized memory card, and a DualShock 4 at some point.

That might be a good way to promote the new device, and perhaps raise the profile of FW itself in the process.

(Also, are there any differences in terms of playing the game on PSTV using a DualShock 4 relative to a DualShock 3? Is there any particular advantage to be had through using the newer controller when playing this game?)

August 19th, 6:55 am

That’s a pretty good idea, Nerroth – we’re considering all sorts of possibilities with Freedom Wars, but PlayStation TV’s a great fit!

To answer your question – no big differences or advantages, just a bigger screen to show off more easily to those in your living room! I personally love playing it with a DualShock 4, so I hope you will too!

Thanks for your support!

foodXD said:

August 19th, 6:52 am

Thank you Nick. By the way, I preordered 2 copies. One for my friend and one for me to we can going hunting.

August 19th, 6:56 am

You’re very welcome, foodXD! And thank you very much for the support! I think you two will love it!

nagids said:

August 19th, 6:56 am

I need this now >:c !!!! but anyways thanks for the releasing date and info!! :)

August 19th, 6:57 am

You’re very, very welcome nagids! Look forward to reducing my sentence online with you!

rafael_martines said:

August 19th, 6:59 am

This + Playstation TV = Must Buy

August 19th, 7:02 am

I feel the exact same way, rafael! Thanks for your kind words!

CJ-Kenji said:

August 19th, 7:00 am

Very cool can’t wait to pick this up kinda wish soul sacrifice delta had a physical release as well :(

August 19th, 7:03 am

Can’t wait for you to get hands-on as well, CJ-Kenji! Thanks for your support!

Freestylinyoshi said:

August 19th, 7:03 am

@19
As it stands, the DualShock 4 isn’t compatable with the Vita TV (Playstation TV) . That’s not to say updates aren’t possible.

@!2
I feel your pain, I wish someone would capitalize on the drought , rather than releasing games in the pool when “adult swim” is over.
That’s how most games get overlooked and then you have some genius who say’s “The game didn’t sell well” no duh “People didn’t like it” wait what? No, people didn’t have money for it and the 4 other games that came out.

Anyway, I would like a continuation of digital release/Japanese audio English Subs of Japanese games; especially for the Vita.
Japanese imports are HIGHLY preferred over Indie games

August 19th, 7:08 am

Hey, Freestylinyoshi – I’ve been playing the JP version with my DS4 for a while now, so I hope you’ll give a chance yourself! (It was added in firmware 3.10.)

And I’m with you on the JP audio/English subs combination – I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Thank you very much for your support!

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 19th, 7:04 am

Yet another reason for my wallet to hate me (and my vita to love me!). Looking forward to it and thanks again for bringing this game to the west!

August 19th, 7:09 am

You’re absolutely welcome, BlueBl1zzard! Look forward to sharing more with you before launch, and thanks for your support!

Hestar69 said:

August 19th, 7:04 am

Packtober continues to get better and better.Who needs sleep :P

August 19th, 8:30 am

Couldn’t have said it better myself, Hestar69! Thanks for the kind words!

Wai_Ke- said:

August 19th, 7:05 am

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but are we able to play with players across regions? like with the Japanese and Europe players

Cheers

August 19th, 8:33 am

Hi Wai_Ke – As of right now, the SCEA and SCEE versions will be compatible online. Because the JP version uses different Panopticons (different cities, etc), they’ll be fighting it out among themselves – at least for the time being.

Hope this answers your question, and I hope you’re looking forward to the game!

muha_ronin said:

August 19th, 7:06 am

I was waiting for this game to come out (and MHF-G) but after reading all this bad reviews after Jp release, my faith in this game has been shake. But I will buy digital release for sure. Just to kill time until MHF-G comes out.

August 19th, 8:34 am

Don’t let your faith be shaken my friend – you’re getting a very updated version of the JP release! Please keep in mind that we have online (both co-op and PvP) implemented from day 1, so you’ll be getting a much more complete package from the very start!

Hope you’re looking forward to the game!

Nerroth said:

August 19th, 7:10 am

@Nick:

Thanks for the clarification.

(Actually, when it comes to memory cards, it would be handy to see the 64 gig model brought over to the West also, not least for those who wish to get games like this one digitally.)

@24:

I was under the impression that system software update version 3.10 added DualShock 4 compatibility to the Vita TV in Japan on the 25th of March (and the 3.15 update on April 30 added full PS4 Remote Play functionality).

August 19th, 8:34 am

You’re very welcome Nerroth! Hope to see you online in Freedom Wars!

foodXD said:

August 19th, 7:10 am

Hoverboard/Thruster Board will be included for the US version as well?

August 19th, 8:35 am

Any reason why it shouldn’t be? :)

Thanks foodXD!

gus_xl said:

August 19th, 7:13 am

Very cool! Sooner than I expected. Thanks Nick ( and everyone that worked on it )

August 19th, 8:35 am

You’re very welcome, gus_xl! It’s my pleasure to help bring it here for you, so I hope you end up loving it as much as I do!

SaberX85 said:

August 19th, 7:14 am

No demo?

August 19th, 8:36 am

Unfortunately not at this time – we’re focusing our efforts on getting the game itself out across multiple regions, so apologies that you won’t see a demo before launch.

Hope you’re looking forward to the game! (And come find me at PAX if you want a taste before it launches!)

xarienne said:

August 19th, 7:18 am

@Ken Chan

Muchas gracious for the retailers info! :-)

VERY excited for this game!!!

August 19th, 8:37 am

Yeah, thanks @Ken Chan!

Let me know what you think once you pick it up, xarienne!

ZigNoff said:

August 19th, 7:20 am

@1 I would suggest you do some research on the game, I consider the a must buy for me til I did some checking up on it, and the bad vastly outweight the good. It may not deter you and I’m not trying to, but atleast read up on it and then decide for yourself when you have all the available information to form a more solid opinion of the game.

August 19th, 8:39 am

I’d sincerely suggest you give it a shot, ZigNoff. Until you give the game a shot yourself, it’s hard to tell if it’s really for you or not.

I really believe in Freedom Wars – there’s so much fun packed into this game that I hope you still give it a chance.

Thanks!

SaberX85 said:

August 19th, 7:22 am

Oh and does this game has online pass like jpn ver? thanks

August 19th, 8:41 am

Hey SaberX85 – we’re sticking to the systems implemented in the JP release, so yes, similar to Soul Sacrifice Delta, the game will have an online pass. It will of course be included via voucher within retail copies and included with digital downloads of the game.

Thanks for your support!

bbsftw said:

August 19th, 7:36 am

Sweet so 2 weeks after i get the PS TV i can pick this up. Awesome :D really been lookng forward to get this game since day 1 of announcing it

August 19th, 8:41 am

Thanks for the support, bbsftw! Really appreciate the kind words, and can’t wait to hear what you think about Freedom Wars on PlayStation TV!

divineLite said:

August 19th, 7:38 am

While I’m so happy and will buy this DAY one (maybe digital because it’s only 30$) I think pairing this with Assassin Creed Unity might destroy the sales itself…

Oh I’ll buy Unity too of course, will pass on Rouge because no PS3. I know Rouge HD is incoming though

August 19th, 8:44 am

I think it’ll do just fine, divineLite – I know I’ll be taking on Abductors and rescuing civilians during my holiday travels this year!

Never underestimate a great portable title, and I can’t stress how great Freedom Wars is!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, and thanks for your support!

Alenth26 said:

August 19th, 7:38 am

Thanks guys for bringing this game here to the west, I’m looking forward to it :D

August 19th, 8:44 am

It’s my pleasure, Alenth26! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts, and thanks for supporting Freedom Wars!

TeamGreen615 said:

August 19th, 7:42 am

Looking forward to this and Tales of Hearts R! I must say again thanks for making a retail version available in NA. Some of us have been collecting games for many years now so this way it gives everyone an option as how they want to purchase the game.

August 19th, 8:46 am

Me too, TeamGreen – hard to find time for all these great games!

I’m thrilled to help bring the game to retail here, so I really hope you enjoy it! Have fun growing your collection!

NSDI said:

August 19th, 8:00 am

Looks interesting, but the fact that Bandai Namco is involved freaks me out. Probably I should wait to see how many DLCs will be announced.

August 19th, 8:48 am

Hey NSDI – No Bandai Namco involvement here, this is strictly Japan Studio, Dimps and Shift! (Shift put together the God Eater series in collaboration with Bandai Namco, so maybe that’s where your confusion comes from?)

Hope you give the game a shot when it launches this October!

ALPHAOWNER said:

August 19th, 8:10 am

Finally :D I have been waiting for this gam since it was released in japan!

August 19th, 8:49 am

And I’ve been waiting months to tell you when it was coming out! :)

Thanks for your excitement, Alphaowner – I hope you enjoy the game!

langyahunhun said:

August 19th, 8:15 am

Can’t wait for that

August 19th, 8:49 am

Can’t wait for you to play it! Thanks langyahunhun!

TheOathsworn said:

August 19th, 8:18 am

Have it marked on my release calendar, I honestly wasn`t expecting it this soon. Oh well it just means it`ll be out all that much sooner. Though not sure if putting it on the same day as AC:Unity was a good move.

I`ll most likely avoid using the Pre-order weapons, since I don`t really like using that kind of stuff due to them usually being somewhat overpowered for a portion of the game and/or become useless almost immediately after getting a new weapon. But I`ll most likely use the cosmetics.

Otherwise pretty excited for this, glad to see we`re getting all the currently released patches/updates as well.

August 19th, 8:51 am

Thanks for your kind words Oathsworn!

There’s a ton of titles releasing across the holiday season, so no matter where we land there’s going to be some awesome competition.

I’m not too worried though – VITA owners are wonderful gamers, and they know how to seek out the gems. (And this is one heck of a gem if I do say so myself!)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts once you play!

DOC_INCOGNITO said:

August 19th, 8:26 am

Awwwww yeeeeeah! Already got my preorder paid in full.

Let’s contribute!

August 19th, 8:52 am

Love it, Doc – thanks for your “contribution”!

For the greater good! :)

Blazing-Blur said:

August 19th, 8:45 am

Finally a release date, also a sweet price for it! Can’t wait to finally get my hands on this.

August 19th, 8:52 am

Can’t wait to bring it to you – thanks Blazing-Blur!

Sharingan_itachi said:

August 19th, 8:49 am

So no soul sacrifice delta decals? You said to not worry….

August 19th, 8:54 am

Patience, my dear Sharingan_Itachi, patience.

Trendy_Kid said:

August 19th, 8:50 am

My body is Reggie.

August 19th, 8:54 am

Wrong company, but I’ll take the compliment!

Thanks for supporting Freedom Wars, Trendy_Kid!

KeyBladeWeilder9 said:

August 19th, 8:51 am

Ah, October is such a s busy month for me gaming wise. Glad this game got a solid release date, consider this game pre-ordered.

August 19th, 8:55 am

Then I shall consider you awesome, KeyBladeWeilder9.

Thanks for your support!

b3nl15qu4r3 said:

August 19th, 8:57 am

Since Nick’s in this thread, I’m hoping that I can get some questions answered.

1. I own the Japanese version of Freedom Wars, and have already gotten the platinum trophy for it (sitting on a 420,000 year sentence at the moment). If I buy the game a second time in English for a second playthrough, will there be a new set of trophies that I can unlock, or is it a shared set with Japan?

2. I read above where you mentioned that JP players cannot play online multiplayer with NA/EU players for the time being. May I ask for you to negotiate something with SCEJA or Japan Studio to allow this in the future within some kind of update patch? I would really like to be able to play multiplayer Freedom Wars with my NA and EU friends. As you’ve also mentioned above, the western version will also have online pass, so I obviously won’t be able to use it on my Japanese PSN account.

Thanks for your time!

Wonderful game by the way, coming from someone who’s already put many hours into the Japanese version. America bros, this game is well recommended, trust me.

August 19th, 9:54 am

Hey B3nl15qu4r3 – I bow to your Freedom Wars dedication! It’s a pleasure to have your support for the SCEA release.

1.) I’ll check on the trophy set for you, as I’m not 100% sure myself.
    2.) We’re always trying to work out what’s best for you guys – and trust me, I’d love to take my JP version online with SCEA friends as well. I’ll do my best for you here and let you know if there’s any updates.

Really appreciate your support, and thank you very much!

PAGE 1 2 3