Overwatch

Aug 31

Aug 31

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/2/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

What a weekend! Not only do some folks in the United States have a little extra time to play video games over the holiday, but it’s PAX Prime 2014! What better way to celebrate than getting ready for an interstellar mission teeming with teleportation, alien baddies, and super-cool effects? Velocity 2X is coming to PS4 and PS Vita this week.

Velocity 2X tasks players with outrunning and outsmarting the evil Vokh in white-knuckle space combat. Pilot your ship through precarious mazes, and head on-foot for even more up-close-and-personal challenges. Master the use of your teleporting to blink through missions with blinding speed, and accomplish objectives with the steady thump of a sci-fi ready soundtrack. Velocity 2X is cross save, cross buy, and free for PlayStation Plus.

But that’s not the only good news! Fan-favorite survival game Don’t Starve comes to Vita this week, alongside Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. For the full list of new games coming to the world of PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Deathmatch Village
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Joe Danger
Mahjong Gold
Mega Man X4
Velocity 2X

New PlayStation Games This Week

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Jabberwock Island — once a popular tourist destination, you and your classmates at Hope’s Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your teacher. Everyone seems to be having fun… until Monokuma returns and restarts his murderous game!
Deathmatch Village
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Get ready for Deathmatch Village! Chock-full of frenetic shotgun-blastin’ & pitchfork-proddin’ action, this free-to-play 2D multiplayer game is a breath of fresh air for the whole MOBA genre. Crush your opponents and snatch them piggies!
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4 Version)
An uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape. Don’t Starve: Giant Edition combines the content of both the original Don’t Starve game, and the Reign of Giants expansion pack.
Joe Danger
PS Vita — Digital
A death-defying thrill-ride starring Joe Danger: Master of Disaster! Combo, boost and pull ludicrous stunts to fill stadiums and put Joe back on the podium. Take on your rivals, the reckless Team Nasty, then take on the World with your high-scoring Combos.
Mahjong Gold
PS Vita — Digital
All hands on deck! Join in the search for Long John Silver’s buried treasure in this Mahjong pirate adventure! Uncover the secrets of the legendary pirate as you travel around the world to distant lands, uncovering gold tokens along the way. Each level has been painstakingly balanced with special tokens and extraordinary missions that offer a whole new perspective on a classic game.
Mega Man X4
PSone Classic — Digital
The Repliforce has switched sides and is now staging a coup against humanity! X and Zero must gain the Mavericks’ powers to defeat them. A PlayStation classic returns.
Velocity 2X
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Use the Quarp Drive to outsmart the evil Vokh in race-tuned space combat, then dock your ship, jump out, and continue the fight on foot! Velocity 2X is the visually dazzling, action-packed sequel to Velocity Ultra, featuring amazing puzzle-platforming action alongside award-winning shooter gameplay.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

AizawaYuuichi said:

August 31st, 1:09 pm

Oh geez, forgot Danganronpa 2 came out this week… too many games to play.

At everyone who’s asking about WO3U, I think it may have been released already. I saw a friend on my PSN list already playing it last night, so it might not have been Street Dated. Could be because stores are already releasing it that they decided not to add it to the post, since it’s already available.

Monterossa said:

August 31st, 1:13 pm

It’s sad that the best game of the week is a PSOne Classic.

Sony should pay 3rd party developers to make new games for the Vita instead of leaving it infected with hundreds of indie trashes.

pay Capcom for new Megaman games, pay SE for new (or remake) Final Fantasy games, etc. you didn’t tried hard enough and you treat the Vita as a flop, leaving it to slowly die. now Vita is getting better but it’s because of a lot of Japanese games keep getting localized while Sony didn’t even do anything.

if Japanese games don’t getting localize, why don’t you pay them to do so? like Nentendo does with many 3rd party devs.

thatsalottanuts said:

August 31st, 1:30 pm

#50 you have got to be one of the dumbest ******* on the planet.

Vextalon said:

August 31st, 1:59 pm

Withh all these games coming out on Vita and coming out in the next several months I am going to need a bigger memory stick. It might be time to invest in the 64 gb stick. I have the 32 but some bigger titles like Sly Cooper 4 and Final Fantasy X-2 are closer to 3.5 gbs apiece. Plus I still need to put some money aside for PlayStation TV bundle.

Amir_G_M_US said:

August 31st, 2:06 pm

Can someone make a post about the 2015 games for Vita.?
it looks really sad, empty, and not promising…

Rezolution77 said:

August 31st, 2:31 pm

Alright, another PSone classic actually worth putting on PSN.

Sales were sad this week, but still found it in my heart to pick up a few PixelJunk.
Now if we could see Eden on PSVita :'(

How about some more PSP sales. Still waiting on titles like 3rd Birthday, and Black Rock Shooter, among a few others.

jellis2851 said:

August 31st, 2:53 pm

What about PS4 v. 2.00?

jellis2851 said:

August 31st, 2:55 pm

Or how about a PSBlog vita app

ClawOfTheFallen said:

August 31st, 2:57 pm

Anybody has any idea if Samurai Warriors 2 + Xtreme Legends HD will get localized for PS3 and PSVita?

Snakebyte42 said:

August 31st, 3:17 pm

Megaman X4?!?!?!???!?! One of my favorite games. Easily. And I haven’t been able to play it since I sold my PS1. When can I give you my money?!

Gamerzlimited said:

August 31st, 3:27 pm

I know this is just a drop of new releases this week, but where’s Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? Not seeing it on the drop is one of the reasons Koei games don’t sell because you don’t properly advertise them.

Also, can’t wait for Don’t Starve on Vita.

@AizawaYuuichi No, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate doesn’t get released until September 2nd, which is two days away. PS4 is released at retail while the PS3 and Vita versions are digital only. That friend of yours must have got their hands on the PS4 version early or was playing the original Warriors Orochi 3. So Ryan mostly forgot about it.

killershot54 said:

August 31st, 3:39 pm

looking forward for Deathmatch Village & Velocity 2X

TrueRadiantFree said:

August 31st, 3:45 pm

MEGAMAN!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And MEGAMAN X5 is coming next week!

TrueRadiantFree said:

August 31st, 3:47 pm

And Ryan can we get an update on Jet Car Stunts and when its coming out? It was supposed to be July, but I never remember it being released… did I overlook it in the store?

Kourosh2 said:

August 31st, 3:50 pm

will check ‘Deathmatch Village’ during the weekend, should be fun I guess

Rainwater said:

August 31st, 3:53 pm

Weird, a Vita-strav-a-ganza. Thanks Sony.

Frodomec said:

August 31st, 4:37 pm

He is aliiiiiiiive!
VITA IS ALIIIIIVE!!!

Thanks, SONY!

#GoVita!

crz17 said:

August 31st, 6:22 pm

Beyond! Cant wait to play Velocity 2x

Lokidies said:

August 31st, 6:41 pm

I got 3gb free on my vita and don’t is getting bought as soon as the network updates. This will be a good week.

colef10 said:

August 31st, 6:43 pm

Vita vita vita. My vita’s backlog will continue to grow after next Tuesday. Aaaaaggggghhhhh too many games.

Remmy8199 said:

August 31st, 6:44 pm

@ #50 You’re kidding right? How often do we get PSOne Classics?

wilfareus said:

August 31st, 7:05 pm

loving all the Vita <3 really hoping for more and more Vita content!

OldSkoolEmo said:

August 31st, 7:06 pm

Both my Vita and I are crying tears of joy for this week

Dessron said:

August 31st, 7:10 pm

Well, I already have over 200 games to complete but it’s Danganronpa! Other games can wait! I’ve been waiting for this since I completed the first one a few months ago!

Jonathan-Ang said:

August 31st, 7:11 pm

What about Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, isn’t it out this week as well?

Macello said:

August 31st, 7:45 pm

Also the final piece of DLC for Muramasa comes out this week, so yay and boo at the same time (for it being over.) HUGE week for Vita. You’d think Sony NA actually cared about it sometimes!

ROADKILL_101 said:

August 31st, 8:02 pm

Psyched about, Don’t Starve on my Vita!! **** YEAH!!!!

SnowForge said:

August 31st, 8:36 pm

It’s about time! Thank you for such a great Vita week!

RepentantSky said:

August 31st, 9:35 pm

Megaman X4 I am so sold on. The want is high with this one.

BahumatIsBack said:

August 31st, 11:19 pm

It’s great to see some Vita love Stateside. I’m watching the SCEJA conference stream right now. It’s almost 20 minutes in and they’ve done nothing but talk about the Vita and games for it. Sony US and Eur could learn a lot from them as far as advertising and promoting the handheld. It is not just a PS4 controller/second screen. It’s more than capable of playing awesome games like they’re showing right now in Japan.

I don’t understand a single word they’re saying, but what I’m seeing looks really good. Hopefully this stuff gets actual complete localization in the US

Kourosh2 said:

September 1st, 1:05 am

could we get a decent sale on PVZ ?:D please? :D

SENsMrBlue said:

September 1st, 1:12 am

already have joe danger on my iphone from years ago.

dont starve and deathmatch village look interesting :)

… but the REAL prize is megaman X4 (YAY!)

already looking forward to X5 next week!!!

when i get these on my vita, it’ll be easy to say “good job!” to whomever is in charge of these releases.

what took so long to bring these out???

… and why cant the psone megaman games be released in english too???

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 1st, 1:18 am

@ Gamerzlimited: No, he was very clearly playing Ultimate, not the PS3 version (which I have). I know the listed release date is 9/2, but sometimes if a game isn’t listed as “SD” (street date), then stores can go ahead and sell stock whenever they get it. This happened with Knack and Shadowfall ahead of the PS4 release last year. It doesn’t happen very often though, so yeah, my friend may have just gotten the game from a small corner store that doesn’t care about breaking the rules, heh.
But if that’s the case, then yeah, Ryan completely ignored it, which is sad.

Gamerzlimited said:

September 1st, 1:46 am

@AizawaYuuichi If that’s what you’re telling me, then it has to be the PS4 version. There’s no way it can be sold for retail for the other versions since they’re digital only. I’m not surprised if video games happened to be sold before release date as some manage to get away with it. Yeah, that is pretty sad. At this rate, only a small portion who know about Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will buy it. Your friend must pretty lucky, it’s sucks as I have to wait until tomorrow to download it.

@Frodomec Says the guy who hopes Sony to fail. What’s with the sudden change of heart?

Siberiansib said:

September 1st, 1:55 am

Soo… Is Warriors Orochi not out this week? Phantom Breaker also wasn’t listed on the blog on its week of release and it got delayed hours before the store was officially updated. I’ll be pretty peeved if another release I am looking forward to is delayed at the last minute again.

micahmau5 said:

September 1st, 4:21 am

what time on the 2nd will these be on psn at midnight or a spaciffic time

DoctorKwakkwak said:

September 1st, 6:40 am

MEGAMAN X4? wow I am so buying this one….is megaman x5 ,x6, x7 and x8 will available to the psn in the future? :) I hope so because it would be sick if you do!

alexan9753 said:

September 1st, 7:35 am

Thx 4 Megaman-X4

divineLite said:

September 1st, 8:01 am

I wonder why no TGS 2014 post here even if it’s more for Japan.
Well, so many games for PS4 and VITAA!!!! (it actually get screentime of 30 minutes after neglected on E3 and Gamescom), I hope most of them will go to west, with ESPECIALLY GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURSSSSSTTT!!!

who need Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when we got God Eater 2 Rage Burst?

Mando44646 said:

September 1st, 8:04 am

Danganronpa!!!! The first Vita game I’ll buy since Borderlands came out. So excited

Jethrogibbsfan said:

September 1st, 8:28 am

Sigh, no Minecraft PS4. Hope it passes cert in time for a last min add…can’t wait for it!!!

xxNINJAxx94 said:

September 1st, 9:32 am

Will Dont starve be free on vita if I got it by ps+ on ps4?

nepchanfan said:

September 1st, 9:40 am

Hey, what happen with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for PS3?

sethyg36 said:

September 1st, 10:13 am

Great games HYPE!

Rezznak said:

September 1st, 10:15 am

HELLDIVERS AND HOTLINE MIAMI 2 OR GTFO!

RogerCraigSmith said:

September 1st, 10:31 am

Hey, just wondering, why isn’t Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on this list? It is coming out tomorrow after all.

Whatever the case is, though, dat Mega Man X4. Can’t wait to finally try it.

Sir_Splitwigg said:

September 1st, 10:34 am

Why doesn’t it say anything about Minecraft on there? It has (collectively) been in the cert. testing stage for 2 weeks. Minecraft isn’t a brand new game. It has been around for years. Can we just get it already? It would be nice to play it for a week before Destiny launches. Just sayn.

tusunami said:

September 1st, 11:22 am

Yeah people can stop whinning like a broad with all of these PS Vita games coming out. It’s good to see a lot of variety that I will check out .

Gsjlink3 said:

September 1st, 11:33 am

Is there any chance the mass effect 3 dlc will go on sale again. I missed it in June. :(

HATE_REPUBLICANS said:

September 1st, 11:51 am

Stop with these lame indies. Ps vita isn’t even selling at Walmart online or in store anymore for crying out loud. It wasn’t selling good enough is what my local Walmart said to me when I called them asking if they had any bundles. You can’t even buy them online at Walmart either. Only last place I know of that carries vita still is best buy for now. That is ridiculous. They weren’t selling well cause people didn’t want a lame indie only machine. They want triple A titles like GTA and GT6 made for vita type of games. Infamous for vita and so on. Get with the program and use vita’s power for something, it has double the ram the ps3 has and yet its getting stupid junk indies 24/7. What a shame. No wonder its not selling well. Its support in triple A titles has died off. All were getting thrown at us now is stupid lame 2 cent indies.