God of War

Sep 12

Sep 12

Grand Theft Auto V Release Date, Pre-Order Details for PS4

R*Q's Avatar Posted by

Click here to pre-order Grand Theft Auto V on PS4

We are proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on the PlayStation 4 on November 18, 2014. You can preorder it here.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

• New weapons, vehicles and activities
  • Additional wildlife
  • Denser traffic
  • New foliage system
  • Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

gtav_details09122014_001

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 include rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

gtav_details09122014_003

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PS4. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4 with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to PlayStation 4.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ESIASON7 said:

September 12th, 5:46 am

Ps4 sales will take another jump after this one. Sweet!

TheHighness said:

September 12th, 5:52 am

Waiting for an upgrade path for PSN PS3 owners.

StealthBlade98 said:

September 12th, 5:53 am

Wish I had PS4 to play this version :(

Qu3st39 said:

September 12th, 5:54 am

So the real questions
1. What of this is exclusive to the PS4
2. Is there a discounted way to upgrade to the PS4 version from the PS3 version

SlyCooperFan100 said:

September 12th, 5:54 am

@2 Joystiq reports that players on the PS3 and 360 will be able to transfer their characters and progress to their choice of PS4, Xbox One, or PC. PS4 and Xbox One are same day, while PC is January 2015.

SlyCooperFan100 said:

September 12th, 5:55 am

Unless you meant a discount for PS3 owners… in which case, there doesn’t seem to be one.

cubbielovr said:

September 12th, 5:55 am

Will this game be $60, or will it be discounted since it’s a re-release?

Thaek_ said:

September 12th, 5:55 am

Can I transfer from XBox360 to PS4?

PHACE973 said:

September 12th, 5:58 am

the main questions are … will this be available for Cross Gen ?? will ps3 players be able to play with ps4 players?? what about crew members who dont have a 4? Will there be a discount available for ps3 owners of GTAV ??

paulogy said:

September 12th, 5:58 am

To be clear, it appears any “exclusive” content is meant as exclusive to this new PS4/Xbox One/PC version (vs. the PS3/Xbox 360 version). It does not appear that there is any PS4-exclusive content (ie content not on Xbox One).

paulogy said:

September 12th, 5:59 am

The full Rockstar release is clearer about it, but mentions to Xbox One and Xbox 360 were struck from this version (for obvious reasons).

zingakun said:

September 12th, 6:06 am

What about photo mode?

Stringer2355 said:

September 12th, 6:07 am

Where are the Heists ?

BlindMango said:

September 12th, 6:08 am

Can you guys please merge the PS4 trophy list to the existing PS3 trophy list so there isn’t two seperate lists with the same exact trophies that I have to get all over again? Thanks, lol =P

yasser90x said:

September 12th, 6:09 am

Won’t buy this game again, unless there’s a PS3 > PS4 upgrade discount.

NervousScarab said:

September 12th, 6:10 am

@9 no it will not be cross gen… Just like TLoU it is more than a re-release, its an improved version…. PS4 will play with ps4, 3 with 3.

phycobuttons said:

September 12th, 6:14 am

@9 theak yea you can get your online saved data from xbox to ps4 cause it ain’t got any thing to do with the console it saved on rockstars cloud saved data.

latakan23 said:

September 12th, 6:20 am

It’s good. I will buy it after that.

iComeRealStealth said:

September 12th, 6:20 am

I love how Ps4 is the new featured console in everything now , remember how Xbox 360 was the featured console on everything .. Man we PS4 users are lucky and happy campers (:

Nanitozplay said:

September 12th, 6:25 am

this is the main reason why i bought a PS4 recently

CaruthK said:

September 12th, 6:34 am

Yes Yes… I can’t wait Pre-Ordering as soon as I get off work today…

BansheeWrath said:

September 12th, 6:38 am

Will there be a discount/trade in for me and the millions other who bought the game? If not then I’m not buying, and there’s a bunch of others who won’t either

edubannyx said:

September 12th, 6:47 am

Queria saber como fica quem tem a versão digital para PS3. Vai rolar um desconto?

Vdubbin95 said:

September 12th, 6:56 am

Rockstar does not care that we already purchased the game. It does not appear that there are drastic enough changes to warrant paying full asking price of a new game – but they will charge it anyway. Those who could wait and those who must have the next Gen console version will pony up the cash, and the price of the game will remain at $60 for months to come. The best discount you can hope for is trading or selling your old copy of the game and using that towards the new one, a rip off, at best.

GodlessPagan said:

September 12th, 7:00 am

Okay, there are officially way too many games launching in November.

Subzero316 said:

September 12th, 7:03 am

Will story mode carry over to the ps4 for people who haven’t finished the story yet?

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

September 12th, 7:11 am

Will you have a PS4 bundle?

If not, Sony, get on the ball ASAP

IIL0YDII said:

September 12th, 7:14 am

Framerate still 30?

GodlessPagan said:

September 12th, 7:16 am

Although I’ve yet to learn the price of the PS4 version. I won’t be buying the game for 60 bucks again, especially not when it’s competing with all those brand shiny new games in November.

bigimpactpooch said:

September 12th, 7:19 am

For those of us that pre-ordered GTAV on PS3 digitally will we have a 10 dollar or 20 dollar upgrade to the ps4 version? Surely this wont be a sixty dollar game…right?

Beedog1221 said:

September 12th, 7:45 am

hurry up and put it on psn so i can preorder now!!!!

PanTheMan16 said:

September 12th, 7:46 am

Guys, there will be no upgrade option. The upgrades that you remember seeing last year were for games that were released as cross-gen titles. That is not what GTA V is. It will launch at full price, as it should. If you aren’t happy with it, then you aren’t the target audience anyway. I held off buying it on PS3 because I was confident that it would come to PS4 later. IMO it should have been a next-gen (current-gen now, obviously) only game in the first place. I am content to pay the $50-$60.
Your best chance at an upgrade discount is if Gamestop does another promotion like they did with The Last of Us, where you could trade in your PS3 copy and get $25 off the PS4 version. You shouldn’t get your hopes up though.

To the PS Blog team: You guys should get a dev diary from Rockstar one of these days. I always thought it strange how they are one of the top developers in western gaming but they are also the biggest mystery. Who is Rockstar?

Pabloo1010 said:

September 12th, 7:53 am

Yet another comment section of ‘Upgrade Discount beggars’…

ClumsyThunder said:

September 12th, 7:54 am

Will there be a digital pre-order Version?

TwinDad said:

September 12th, 7:55 am

Yea. Another Murder simulator.

I’ll pass, but this was very requested in blog comments. So have fun.

BBadAAss said:

September 12th, 8:00 am

any news about special or collectors edition ?

Skater_Ricky said:

September 12th, 8:13 am

I have bought the limited steel box version on PS3 and I’m looking to upgrade to the PS4 version but I prefer digital copy on my PS4. Can I get a discount on trade in or for owning the PS3 disc copy for digital. I’ve gone all digital on my PS4 and have no plans on upgrading to a disc version.

I look forward to knowing what’s the benefits of upgrading for a special discount for already PS3 owner’s.

RockStar screwed me and may others for lieing to me stating “They have no plans to make a PlayStation 4 version of GTAV” I went in buying GTAV for PS3 that there weren’t ever going to be a PS4 version and I got flat out lied to. I preordered a PS4 before I bought GTAV and then till E3 no one knew there was a GTAV on PS4.

There’s a wrong that you need to make right here.
#4ThePlayers

R-merc-G said:

September 12th, 8:17 am

I missed this on PS3, so I’ll definitely play it on PS4. It’s still disappointing that all of these remasters completely ignore that people own the game on PS3 digitally and charge full price anyway. If there was better ecosystem continuity, I’d buy more digital for sure, but for now it’s just opting to pay a lot more.

OverW8Snake1 said:

September 12th, 8:22 am

This is the reason why I bought the PS4.

When will the PSN site be updated so we can pre-order a digital version? Next tuesday I assume?

qwarktastic01 said:

September 12th, 8:22 am

Will I be able to play with my PS3 friends online?

ALIAS01 said:

September 12th, 8:25 am

How much for the digital upgrade??? THAT IS ALL WE WANT TO KNOW! THIS ARTICLE SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THAT. Come on $9.99…….. $14.99 if there will be some kind of exclusive featured. And thing more than that and Rockstar is gonna shoot themselves in the foot. Don’t do what The Last of Us did.

GotDanny1989 said:

September 12th, 8:28 am

Will there be a PS4 Bundle?

BLAKHOODe said:

September 12th, 8:30 am

Any discount for those of us who bought the digital copy on PS3?

Anarckhy said:

September 12th, 8:35 am

When are we able to pre-order from the PS Store?

wildwillyreid said:

September 12th, 8:41 am

Guess they should just give it away free, Jesus stop *****ing life is pretty tough if you can afford a ps4 im sure the cost of a new game wont put you broke

TheGlue29 said:

September 12th, 8:44 am

“Denser traffic”?? Crap…more mechanic/LS Customs bills.

For real for a second tho…Heists. Not buying the game again until there’s online heists. In a couple of days I’m going to be level 100 and having finished the campaign, I’m not sure if I want to go back and try to Platinum it, but that’s maybe a week of gameplay left. Without ONLINE Heists, there’s absolutely no reason for me to buy the game all over again. Just saying.

philipliverpool said:

September 12th, 8:45 am

Can’t wait until GTA 5 comes out

Blackmagic316 said:

September 12th, 8:46 am

Any updates on Heists and Single Player DLC?

GENxMURDAFACEx said:

September 12th, 8:50 am

I’ve heard the price for Xb1 and Ps4 will be $39.99.
Regardless if you had previously bought it for 360 or Ps3. #TheMoreYouKnow

OrdealByFire said:

September 12th, 8:55 am

If I played on Xbox 360 and have a PS4, my GTA Online profile will transfer, right? I’ve read that a couple places but I don’t know if it’s true.

PAGE 1 2 3