PlayStation VR

Sep 14

Sep 14

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/16/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Explore strange worlds, fight legendary ninjas, and collect ancient weapons. Yes, it’s another week of new games launching on PlayStation — and it’s quite the varied lineup!

In the spotlight this week is Murasaki Baby, which launches exclusively on PS Vita. In it, guide a homesick little girl through nightmarish worlds using only front and rear touch controls. Murasaki Baby challenges conventions with its emotional design, streamlined control scheme, and grotesque style.

And that’s not all. The universe of Naruto grows with Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, and Fairy Fencer F arrives for all you JRPG fans.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Air Conflicts Vietnam: Ultimate Edition
Anomaly 2
Fairy Fencer F
Fibbage: The Hilarious Bluffing Party Game
Kickbeat Special Edition
Meet the Robinsons
Murasaki Baby
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Run Like Hell!

New PlayStation Games This Week

Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail
The Vietnam War, one of the most explosive and violent wars of all time. You are Joe Thompson, a courageous and determined pilot in the US Navy fighting for the ideals of his country. You’ll also be playing the Vietnamese pilot Nguyen An Toon in the ‘Lost Letters’ campaign.
Anomaly 2
PS4 — Digital
Commander! After the last war, aliens have come back to Earth and taken over all of the major cities! It’s your duty to take back what belongs to people. The task is not easy as the human forces have been divided and those who managed to find their peers created convoys. Your convoy is called Yukon and it’s your duty to survive and fight off the aliens.
Fairy Fencer F
PS3 — Digital, Retail
A world of magic and adventure awaits you in Fairy Fencer F! Take charge of your destiny as you brave dungeons, defeat monsters, and travel the world to collect all 100 Furies. But be careful — the Furies are coveted by many Fencers, good and bad. Pray these powerful weapons do not fall into the wrong hands.
Fibbage: The Hilarious Bluffing Party Game
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy)
Fibbage is the lying, bluffing, fib-till-you-win multiplayer trivia party game from the makers of You Don’t Know Jack! Play with 2-8 players! Fool your friends with your lies, avoid theirs, and find the (usually outrageous) truth. And get this: your phone or tablet is your controller!
Kickbeat Special Edition
PS4 — Digital
From indie pioneers Zen Studios (makers of Pinball FX2 and CastleStorm) comes KickBeat Special Edition, an innovative rhythm game with a Kung Fu theme, featuring fully 3D characters and high-energy music! KickBeat features a full length single-player campaign with beautifully hand drawn animations and a unique art style.
Meet the Robinsons
PS2 Classic — Digital
Bowler Hat Guy has stolen the Robinsons’ time machine! Help Wilbur repair the time stream and restore the future.
Murasaki Baby
PS Vita — Digital
Use your wits to guide Baby through paths full of danger and teach her the difference between right and wrong in a bid to keep her smiling… and alive. Think fast and move even faster as danger lurks everywhere in this truly unique side-scrolling puzzle adventure.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The Ultimate Ninja Storm series returns! Tons of new techniques, enhanced mechanics, more than 100 characters to learn, and a brand new exclusive character (Mecha-Naruto) designed by Masashi Kishimoto.
Run Like Hell!
PS Vita — Digital
Tropical island + hungry cannibals = Run Like Hell! You’re a young and intrepid treasure hunter. Stuck on a godforsaken island, you suddenly get spotted by hungry cannibals who haven’t had a lunch yet. Your rescue boat is… on the other side of the island, all you need to do is to outrun the natives. Simple, right?

Demos and Betas

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls — PS3 Trial

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

djsaiyan said:

September 14th, 9:02 am

In for Murasaki Baby.

May pick up Fairy Fencer F as well. Would kinda like to see reviews from western critics first.

Ryan Clements said:

September 14th, 9:04 am

I already saw some super positive import reviews go up, so now I’m itching to play it, too.

…but it’s hard to stop playing Destiny.

yaacov2606 said:

September 14th, 9:05 am

YES!!! been waiting for this one… Murasaki Baby, Baby ;)

zzamaro said:

September 14th, 9:05 am

No megaman x6 :(

yaacov2606 said:

September 14th, 9:08 am

Been wondering: Is there any chance for Final Fantasy VII: crisis core on PSN?

Mr_TuxedoPants said:

September 14th, 9:09 am

Aw man. Interposed on buying naruto, destiny is taking up my gaming time. Idk if I should. :(

Ryan Clements said:

September 14th, 9:11 am

I know, Destiny is dominating my weekend. XD

VonSchillerr said:

September 14th, 9:11 am

Can we have more PS One classics for the Vita? Please? Especially for the European PSN?!

OddMrT said:

September 14th, 9:13 am

I’m not really a big fan of sidescrollers, but Murasaki Baby does look good. I love the art style.

OddMrT said:

September 14th, 9:15 am

I wish Destiny was taking up all my game time. Too busy and too broke.

hawjboi2009 said:

September 14th, 9:15 am

hey Ryan Clement, any info about Alien Isolation available for pre-order in PSN Store ?

I_Wish_U_WuD said:

September 14th, 9:20 am

Is there any word or hope for Ps2 games on Vita

mazmine2000 said:

September 14th, 9:23 am

murasaki baby and fairy fencer! I’ve been waiting

eggmiester28 said:

September 14th, 9:29 am

Meet the Robinsons, i can honestly say thats is unexpected and not a game i would have liked to see on the psn.

four24twenty said:

September 14th, 9:32 am

How long til Murasaki Baby gets ported to PS4?

ericksv said:

September 14th, 9:34 am

is ps one classic Parappa the rapper coming to PSN? Not much hope I suppose :(

Remmy8199 said:

September 14th, 9:36 am

I might check out Fairy Fencer F one of these days, but I’ll wait until it’s dirt cheap. Other than that it’s looking like another bleh week unless we have a decent flash sale or something.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

September 14th, 9:38 am

Meet the Robinsons as a PS2 Classic? Phoning it in, are we? I get that parents of young children may pick this one up, but even then there are probably much more worthy titles out there. I appreciate any PS1/PS2 Classics, but recent releases have been much more desirable to your customers on this blog.

Oh well. I guess they can’t all be Megaman.

Sonicfan11589 said:

September 14th, 9:42 am

PS2 Classics Suggestions:
Bloody Roar 3 and 4
The Simpsons Hit and Run and Road Rage
just to name a few.

Did u hear about the fans of Xenosaga and Operation Kos-Mos? Us fans are trying to convince Harada of Tekken to make an HD Collection.

Blacq_Soul said:

September 14th, 9:43 am

is naruto revolutions really coming as a digital release!?

eNerdian said:

September 14th, 9:50 am

I was excited when I got my first system passed a ps2 and when I was told about PS now. I was under the impression it would have ps1 and Ps 2 classics. I wanted to play legend of dragoon and jak 1-3 in HD!! But there’s just barely ps3 games. Any body with information for me?

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 14th, 9:52 am

Call me when Suikoden II drops.

SnowForge said:

September 14th, 10:08 am

Seriously, who should I ask about getting the Vita store fixed so that all the PSP/PS1 games are compatible?

MyRule222 said:

September 14th, 10:09 am

Definitely picking up Fairy Fencer F and maybe Fibbage.

shogun00 said:

September 14th, 10:10 am

“From indie pioneers Zen Studios (makers of Pinball FX2 and CastleStorm) comes KickBeat Special Edition”

Pinball FX 2? Really?! Sure go list the your competitor’s version of the game instead of the your own.

It’s Zen Pinball 2!

onlineatron said:

September 14th, 10:17 am

whoa! hey! will fibbage be out in the uk? i’ve heard great things about it. didn’t realise it was coming to ps4 :D

thegoods_01 said:

September 14th, 10:34 am

Hi Clements!

kmcdrc1300 said:

September 14th, 10:34 am

I personally would love to see Spyro: A heros Tail for a Ps2 Classic

Pikachupalo said:

September 14th, 10:35 am

Is Kickbeat Special Edition cross-buy with PS3 and Vita?

FifthDream said:

September 14th, 10:38 am

I definitely need to pick up Kickbeat Special Edition. I looks like it’s a lot of fun. I wish it was a movie from the late 80’s. Warring kung fu clans dancefighting their way through the subways of New York City. Best movie ever.

RetroDaddySlim said:

September 14th, 10:52 am

This is really too much.
4th week in a row with pathetic updates with online ps3 games, digital retails wich I dont need, especialy jap imports.
WHERE IS PS3 CONTENT, WHERE ARE CLASSIC PS3 PSN GAMES?

Payed preorder for Oddworld crossbuy for ps3 under pretext of “coming very soon”, over 2 months and still no game.
Teslagrad ps3 submitted for psn over 2 months ago, how long does it take to approve ps3 games?
PS4 games get instant approval, even broken games.

Deadfall Adventures scheduled for release on ps3 on 16th, coming to xbox this week, but not to our beloved PS.
Teslagrad released last week on Nintendo, but not on ps3.

Great job, sony.
Keep it up, Im sure this will encourage me to buy ps4 one day (ironic) and get this awesome service of nothing.

One day ps4 will suffer the same faith, customers are good only when they bring money where sony wants.

GattsuWolf said:

September 14th, 11:00 am

Mmm I’m not sure about murasaki baby but it’s something… Maybe I can play that while waiting desperatelly for FREEDOM WARS!! :)

JellyJugs said:

September 14th, 11:02 am

Naruto Revolution for me and hopefully a good sale have money in my playstation store wallet ready to spend

xClayMeow said:

September 14th, 11:03 am

MURASAKI BABY!!!!!!!

yowzagabowza said:

September 14th, 11:09 am

Would you just put the prices on here Already?

Kiro_Uraya said:

September 14th, 11:09 am

*sigh* I just can’t bring myself to these Naruto games. I’ve given in three chances. I want to like the games. Maybe this one will do it for me, eh, Ryan?

KeyBladeWeilder9 said:

September 14th, 11:12 am

Fairy Fencer F for me, pre-ordered that sweet limited edition from NIS America website.

Amir_G_M_US said:

September 14th, 11:22 am

can we like… get a full accessibility to PSOne games on PS Vita?
such as Crash/ Spyro and more?

and maybe the PSP ones too…

seriously the Vita store demands an UPGRADE and more content
I don’t care about Murasaki Baby… I want to play all Crash and SPYRO games

Skater_Ricky said:

September 14th, 11:27 am

When will we see more game’s go up for Preorder on PS Store?

I want to Preorder DriveClub, Project Car’s for PS4. There’s so many game’s that are announced and have release date’s but are not up on the PS Store. It should be no different then a gamer going down to there local retail store to Preorder. I think it should be the same as well. Put down $5 for Preorder and the rest gets charged at the time of game release. And also have the easy option to cancel a Preorder at anytime before the release date. I’ve had time’s where I found out something about a game that I didn’t like from a game review or game info from a game article OE video that changed my mind because of gameplay or some other reason.

Please PlayStation Store change some rule’s in how we preorder. Thank You.

I also want to see a upgrade program for GTAV for existing PS3 owner’s. I will not pay full price for GTAV on PS4. And I’ve asked all my friend’s about them upgrading to GTAV to PS4 and they say the same thing about a upgrade program.

TeamGreen615 said:

September 14th, 11:37 am

Guess I will check back next week. That’s alright though because I’m on a mission for that Rainbow Moon Plat.

DRAQ-520 said:

September 14th, 11:48 am

Murasaki Baby looks awesome and I’m so getting it! by the way, when will you guys add more PS2 classics like Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms 3 on the store?, the japanese store does have most of them, but you guys keep adding stuff like Meet The Robinson’s and Dora games, come on guys, I want to play some of your great JRPG’s of the PS2 era too!!!

Burning_Typhoon said:

September 14th, 11:52 am

At this point, I really don’t care what it is, but the next AAA title the vita gets. I’m buying it. I don’t care if it’s my first entry, or something I’ve never heard or, or otherwise never would have considered. If I wanted games like Murasaki Baby, on the go, I wouldn’t own a vita to begin with.

Don’t like the fact that my most played vita games are Megaman X4, and GTA: Vice City Stories. I should have just gotten another PSP. Although I just got them over the past two weeks, with the release and recent sale of those games, before that I wasn’t even playing my Vita much. Those two games aren’t going to hold my attention for long.

Let’s get Megaman Powered Up, in the store, sony. Capcom says it’s on your end. I’ll be keeping my eye out for the next AAA game..

MrPonuraski said:

September 14th, 11:53 am

#Suikoden2onPSStore

Thanks in advance.

Remmy8199 said:

September 14th, 12:01 pm

Listen to your fans Sony. I’m not the only one complaining about the lack of Classics on the store.

greypacman said:

September 14th, 12:11 pm

still waiting on Brave Fencer Musashi to come

davidbustillos said:

September 14th, 12:26 pm

How sad I loved my ps4 ! I can’t believe this is what’s coming out! Where’s helldivers? That game was said to be out this summer , nothing still? I sold my ps4 and bought a xbox 1 ! What a huge let down!

nepchanfan said:

September 14th, 12:49 pm

Yay!!Fairy Fencer!! This is gonna be my birthday gift..

Rezolution77 said:

September 14th, 1:01 pm

Hope we got some decent sales this week. GTA just is not my thing.
How about some PSP games like 3rd Birthday, Daxter, or Resistance? Amoung others.

Going to pass on Murasaki Baby, even if theres a sale.
I still have Escape Plan (although great), still have not played much.

Wasn’t Frozen Syndicate said to be out on the 16th?

Meet the Robinsons should get a sale price for Plus members, and its a little dated.

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 14th, 1:05 pm

Sooo… are we finally getting MP3 support on the PS4? Or did Zen have to remove the music import feature from Kickbeat? Also, is the game still going to be in 3D like it is on PS3? I mean, hopefully we’ll get a post from Bobbie in the next day or two letting us know and answering questions, but announcing this game without MP3 support already being in place raises a lot of questions on its performance.

Rezolution77 said:

September 14th, 1:06 pm

And bought Mega Man X4 and X5, so maybe make better choices like that, maybe even add trophy support and sell some games.

gamerx42z said:

September 14th, 2:03 pm

Fairy Fencer F looks good I’ll buy it someday when price is lower. Can’t afford to pay full price right now. Hoping for some good rpg sales this week.

MaDogNik96 said:

September 14th, 2:28 pm

I want Nidhogg to come out so it can join my lineup of games for #TowerFallTuesdays :/. These games look fun though.

PAGE 1 2