Knack 2

Sep 18

Sep 18

Video Unlimited Web Player Now Available on PC, Mac

Greg Belloni's Avatar Posted by Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

You can now instantly watch the latest Hollywood blockbusters and hit TV episodes* from Video Unlimited on Windows and Mac OS PCs** through Sony Entertainment Network’s new web video player.

Video Unlimited Web Player

The web player eliminates the need to download and view Video Unlimited content through a separate PC application and offers Mac OS compatibility for the first time. Simply navigate to the Sony Entertainment Network online store, rent or purchase a video, and select “Watch Now.” The in-browser web player window will open, offering easy to use playback controls and the ability to enter into full screen mode. You can also immediately watch owned and previously rented content through the “My Videos” section accessible in Account Settings.

The new web player is available to all Video Unlimited countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States.

In addition to Sony Entertainment Network online store, you can access Video Unlimited’s vast library from the PlayStation Store on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita, under the Sony Entertainment Network icon in the main menu of Sony connected TVs and Blu-ray Disc devices, and under the Movies app on Xperia smartphones and tablets.

* Content varies by country
** Supported devices include:

Windows

• 2.33GHz or faster x86‐compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 2.0GHz or faster processor for netbooks
  • Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
  • Internet Explorer 10 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome 34 or later (recommended)
  • 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 256MB of graphics memory
  • Flash 14.0 or later
  • Web connection with 1.5 Mbps download speed or better

Mac OS

• Intel Core™ Duo 1.86GHz or faster processor
  • Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
  • Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome 34 or later (recommended)
  • 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
  • Flash 14.0 or later
  • Web connection with 1.5 Mbps download speed or better

Add Your Own

juggalorider said:

September 18th, 2:25 pm

this an music unlimited is retarded, i rather download my movies an music like ps3 but no sony ttys out streaming movies witch sucks balls an the music unlimited is a waste of time an money

Thwip said:

September 18th, 2:29 pm

I like to watch on my PS4/TV, but this is nice for people who like to stream in this fashion.

FifthDream said:

September 18th, 2:38 pm

Might have to check this out when i’m away from the PS4 and using a laptop.

fifthcore said:

September 18th, 2:39 pm

How about 4k content on the PS4? When is that going to happen?

renegadewong2 said:

September 18th, 2:51 pm

Finally, I’ve been waiting for this for years. Looks awesome!

BlindMango said:

September 18th, 2:59 pm

Glad you guys are finally expanding your services to good quality beyond just Sony devices, hope to see more of this is the future, like improvement of the usefulness and visual look and ease of SEN apps on non-Sony devices.

JTruF210 said:

September 18th, 3:38 pm

Any reason why not all the videos are showing up? Is it only certain purchases that can be watched on the desktop storefront?

JTruF210 said:

September 18th, 3:43 pm

NVM, figured out that the web-player doesn’t stream HD versions. Any idea when that will arrive or when a download option will come to MAC?

Greg Belloni's Avatar

Elina Chen said:

September 22nd, 10:53 am

Great question, JTruF210. Our team is working hard in making HD purchases available for playback, and will be able to find your HD purchases in the library to play them (limited to SD). We will keep you posted as things further develop. Thanks for reaching out to us!

tusunami said:

September 18th, 4:13 pm

I like this option from music unlimited but spotify has alot more variety to it.

pi314pi said:

September 18th, 4:28 pm

why not work on something more people want like being able to change psn id’s?

MakoSOLIDER said:

September 18th, 4:48 pm

ABOUT TIME!

Gekko87 said:

September 18th, 5:18 pm

Any chance of a video unlimited app for iOS? I like buying videos to watch on Playstation and PC but an app for iOS would be great. Also would love to be able to download my videos on PS4. Kinda sucks not being able to watch my videos when psn is down or my internet.

FRott said:

September 18th, 6:44 pm

If I’m spending $10 to $20 on a movie or TV show, I want a digital copy that I can use in whatever device will support it, not some stream of the movie that’s attached to a “middle-man” service. No thanks.

HeadGReasE said:

September 18th, 8:28 pm

@juggalorider THOU SHALT NOT TYPE GIBBERISH!!! Especially while one is high as a kite.

Pabloo1010 said:

September 18th, 8:51 pm

Wow, smart move.

Amnalehu said:

September 18th, 11:00 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

honkayjeezus said:

September 19th, 1:43 am

Bring music and media ownership to PS4, Sony. If Xbox One is doing it, we know you have the update sitting on a shelf.

NJKANG said:

September 19th, 6:54 am

This is crap! Stop trying to make us pay for everything. Just give us a media player. What happened to the customer is always right? All over my other consoles I loved!! This one is just OK just for that reason. This is something that cab be resolved real easy, stop trying to rape our pockets and five the people what they want. We made Sony gaming division who they are, and this is how you repay us? Gee thanks!!

NJKANG said:

September 19th, 6:57 am

This is crap! Stop trying to make us pay for everything. Just give us a media player. What happened to the customer is always right? All of my other consoles I loved!! This one is just OK just for that reason. This is something that can be resolved real easy, stop trying to rape our pockets and give the people what they want. We made Sony gaming division who they are, and this is how you repay us? Gee thanks!!

Hobartbob said:

September 19th, 4:13 pm

Why can”t i download the music unlimited app on my Samsung Tab 3?????? Please fix this!!!!!

Dangisuckatgamin said:

September 19th, 7:02 pm

#19
You sir need to rethink your strategy on proving points, especially by saying “What happened to “The Customers always right”” cliche.
It’s nothing more than a cliche that needs to die, they are hardly ever right…

MKPACK said:

September 20th, 5:14 am

UltraViolet

I’d buy a ton of movies if VU was part of the UltraViolet digital locker service. Until then, this service is excessively proprietary, so I’ll never use it. Please bring UltraViolet compatibility!

DDcamp said:

September 20th, 8:07 am

Hello, Sony

I feel like Sony is finally catching up with the times. It didn’t make since that the only way I could view the content I paid for was to view it on my ps4 by streaming, view it on my ps3 by downloading it, and view it on my ps vita by connecting it to my ps4 or ps3, download it then I can watch it. What I still don’t understand is why I can download videos to my ps3 but not my ps4. I have to stream it to my ps4. So viewing offline on the ps3 is possible but not the ps4? But with the video unlimited player I can now at least stream to my PC and vita. Where as before I would have to download media-go, which didn’t work. So now if I am on the PS4 playing a game my family, the one reason I buy movies and TV shows from Sony, can watch a movie or tv show on another device. Now if they could just make it possible to watch it on multi-devices at the same time would be great. Like Netflix, hulu, etc. I should be able to watch it on the PS4 and my laptop at the same time. Also I know this service is new so I can’t wait till all my movies I paid for are available, not just one.

PrimeroIncognito said:

September 21st, 7:45 pm

Dangisuckatgamin on September 19th, 2014 at 7:02 pm said: “It’s nothing more than a cliche that needs to die, they are hardly ever right…”

I agree. I’ve always hated that crap. Mostly because greedy people try to exploit it for some shallow personal gain.