PlayStation VR

Sep 23

Sep 23

CastleStorm: Definitive Edition Out Today on PS4

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zen Studios

Update: This post previously listed the price of CastleStorm: Definitive Edition on PS4 as $9.99. This pricing was listed in error, and the game is priced at $14.99. Zen Studios would like to apologize for the mistake and any confusion this may have caused.

CastleStorm: Definitive Edition launches today on PS4! This new version of our hit action-strategy-tower defense game brings some new features to the fold, as well as both DLC packs, “From Outcast to Savior” and “Warrior Queen.” It also includes 1080p resolution, improved textures and character models, and voice support (requires PlayStation Camera).

If you haven’t played CastleStorm yet, then you are in for a treat! CastleStorm: Definitive Edition serves up a hilarious mix of medieval warfare, 2D physics-based destruction, and tower defense, with some melee brawler action thrown in! It also features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more. This version of the game will feature the entire original campaign and expansions, plus new content including new battles, modes, and spells and features.

CastleStorm: Definitive Edition launches today on PlayStation Store for $9.99 $14.99. See you on the battlefield!

Add Your Own

joaryche said:

September 23rd, 7:06 am

cross buy?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 23rd, 7:19 am

This version is not – but the PS3/Vita versions are still cross buy.

Rezolution77 said:

September 23rd, 7:19 am

Good game.
Was going to platinum, then realized it needed two more expansions.

Definately should have waited for that all in one sale, though, I still picked up both DLC during.

TimMalouff said:

September 23rd, 7:30 am

Do we get any discount if we already have “CastleStorm Complete Edition”?

It sounds like it is the same except for the added 1080p resolution, improved textures, character models, and voice support, unless there are more new features to the fold.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 23rd, 7:50 am

Unfortunately not, but we certainly don’t expect those who already bought it to feel obligated to buy it again on PS4. This version has some new battles, modes, and spells and voice support :)

Gamer_USA- said:

September 23rd, 8:49 am

I did not purchase this before because the controls felt loose and it was incredibly difficult to make precision shots. Was this fixed?

NMeck702 said:

September 23rd, 9:38 am

I’m not a fan of tower defense, but I really enjoy this game.

vongruetz said:

September 23rd, 10:31 am

BOBBY!

The game looks great. One of my favorite games for the Vita, and I can’t wait to pick it up for the PS4.

BTW, I thought you were in Budapest?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 23rd, 2:08 pm

I was – I just got back late last night :)

MakaiOokami said:

September 23rd, 10:39 am

I don’t get why you guys don’t do a “If you bought it you get it for $5.00 upgrade”

Because i like supporting Zen Studios almost to a fault. The games are just that good. I ended up blitzing the campaign and I’m like rank 120 on the PS4 even though I’m not sure i ever beat it on PS3/Vita.

I don’t get how a game like Minecraft goes from $20 to $5 on the next gen jump, but $10-$15 dollar games stay $10 dollars on the next gen jump for those who supported you.

Not saying people shouldn’t get the game, because the game is really interesting and good. Just saying I wish developers realize that it’s important to keep your early adopters in mind, and work with the system to give them a reason to keep supporting you.

For example, I bought almost all Zen Pinball tables. Don’t have maybe like 10 of the tables. But it’s because of cross-buy from PS4 PS3 and Vita.

On the other hand, I bought Pinball Arcade, none of the DLC, and when none of my tables transferred over… I bought a couple more Zen Pinball tables.

I know the saying is keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but your enemies, aren’t the ones throwing money into your coffers, so don’t let us fall too far behind. :P

MakaiOokami said:

September 23rd, 10:43 am

All that being said, BUY THIS GAME!

It’s a bit overwhelming, with the Angry Birds like building toppling, and trying to keep your enemies from coming at you, and summoning heroes, and sending out troops, and getting combos to power up your siege attacks. It’s got a lot going on, and I can imagine voice commands will make it that much sweeter.

Do voice commands work on headsets? Usually they do. I have a Playstation Camera but my wife likes to yell “Playstation” followed by a series of commands to mess with me when it’s not muted. I like voice commnads when I forget how long it’s been since i’ve played a game or want to get to my library quickly.

TheFunkyPhantom said:

September 23rd, 11:39 am

“CastleStorm: Definitive Edition launches on PlayStation Store for $9.99.” It just went live and it’s $14.99. I was going to buy it at $9.99. How disappointing.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 24th, 5:42 pm

Apologies! The price is $14.99, my mistake.

TheFunkyPhantom said:

September 23rd, 2:14 pm

I will definitely be buying this in that case. :D

Barret80 said:

September 23rd, 2:58 pm

Yeah even in the Playstation store update on the blog says its going to be 14.99, when it says here 9.99.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 24th, 5:42 pm

We’ve updated the post with the correct pricing. Sorry for any confusion!

Criminal_Fetus said:

September 23rd, 11:54 pm

Ok so im glad I found this page because I was charged $14.99 and just hours later, its price is lowered?? How can I get this resolved?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 24th, 5:43 pm

We’ve updated the post with the correct pricing. Sorry for any confusion!

hmw_kamikaze said:

September 24th, 6:58 am

You know what makes me mad? Games that have DLC available on the first day.

I was actually going to buy CastleStorm, but no thanks. I’m boycotting it on the principle that if it’s a complete game right now, launch it as a complete game. Stop nickel and diming me.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

September 24th, 5:44 pm

This game doesn’t have DLC, it is a complete game that has the original game plus the DLC campaigns from the last gen version included as a complete package.

Criminal_Fetus said:

September 24th, 11:58 am

Ok i’m not sure why my issue isn’t a pressing matter. I’ve been charged over retail price and have gotten zero feedback. Is this how Zen Studios is run??

T3mpr1x said:

September 24th, 9:55 pm

@Criminal_Fetus (14), you were not over-charged. The price was wrong on the blog on accident, while on the PS Store the price was always advertised as $14.99. It takes a number of button presses to confirm that you want to purchase an item, alongside the price you are about to pay. I’m sure this blog has a standard disclaimer of “we do not guarantee the accuracy of the content on the blog.”

BadboyStudiosInc said:

September 26th, 1:51 pm

That’s funny, I paid $9.99 for it on the store. It had the 1499 crossed out and 999 for plus members.

Purchase Order CastleStorm Definitive Edition (1)
($9.99)