Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 16

Oct 16

PlayStation Blogcast 139: The Long and Winding Rohde

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Nick’s back! He didn’t vanish into the ether, after all! On today’s show, we’re honored to have Scott Rohde join in once again to talk about the latest games he’s playing, as well as some chatter on Until Dawn for PS4. Plus, new releases and Nick’s crazy adventures in Japan.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• New releases
  • Japan!
  • Until Dawn
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Destiny
  • Scott Rohde

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast - Scott Rohde

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

Add Your Own

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 16th, 6:19 pm

Enjoy the show!

ferrers405 said:

October 16th, 6:28 pm

Thanks Ryan, downloading now!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 16th, 6:34 pm

Sweet! ^_^

…I’m not on it, btw…

StealthReborn-- said:

October 16th, 6:53 pm

Whomever came up with the title of this blogcast deserves a raise.

10/10 =)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

October 16th, 10:14 pm

It’s all Ryan! I laughed for a solid five minutes after he suggested it.

ESIASON7 said:

October 16th, 6:54 pm

No PowerHouse? “Permission to moan?” – Homer Simpson

ESIASON7 said:

October 16th, 6:58 pm

Listening on Vita whilst playing Minecraft btw…

nanaki85 said:

October 16th, 8:21 pm

The Rohde goes ever on and on ♪ .. :P

jgrizzle358 said:

October 16th, 9:28 pm

I got a week early access to Shadow Warrior and I must say… it is a blast! I had so much fun with it.

jgrizzle358 said:

October 16th, 10:42 pm

I’d also like to say that the couch gag for the Simpsons season premiere was not part of the cross-over, Simpsons had its own episode that night. The cross-over is considered a Family Guy episode, and therefore it starts in Quahog. There was no couch gag. However, if you consider yourself open-minded, I’d suggest watching it. Not only was it hilarious, but it was a very well made love letter to the fans of both shows. Even if you’re just a Simpsons fan and hate Family Guy it’s still worth watching. They make fun of each other’s shows metaphorically through the use of beer and there’s countless references to old Simpsons gags (such as Homer failing to jump the gorge). They also use jokes to show how vastly different each show’s sense of humor is as well. There’s even a well made throwback point about both shows possibly being inspired by a Hanna Barberra classic. (1/2)

jgrizzle358 said:

October 16th, 10:43 pm

And Simpsons fans will LOVE the courthouse scene (where they essentially point out how every Family Guy character is a direct rip off of a Simpsons character). And the best part is that Seth MacFarlane and Matt Groening worked on this together, and that shows that that they both can take a joke. Seriously. Watch it. You may even find you like it. That’s usually how I try to tackle life, try new things and try not to be skeptical. :)

You can find it on Hulu under Family Guy season 13, episode 1.

(2/2)

BlueBl1zzard said:

October 17th, 4:50 am

Yes, another Scott Rohde episode! He’s one of my favorite people you guys bring on : ) Gald to see the Beard is back too.

Also, can I just give a quick shoutout to Nidhogg? I just picked it up and I gotta say that game is “very, very” fun. It’s now definitely up there in my list of favorite indie games.

Fullmetal156 said:

October 17th, 6:15 am

Awesome episode love scott rohde aswell quick question has a decision been made in adding the visual episode of the podcast? Woulnt mind feeling like im in the middle of the show hahaha o and have fun on your vacation.

KidGreengene said:

October 17th, 6:48 am

Can’t wait to listen and see what this new guy, Nick, brings to the show! Also very interested in Until Dawn so win/win, right?

holyJIEbus said:

October 17th, 8:17 am

One of my new favorite Podcasts along with “Fatman on Batman” w/ Kevin Smith, Podcast Beyond, and Podcast Unlocked. I actually came here cus I heard Powerhourse was part of the show, but I also love Sid and Justin’s insight into gaming.

Keep up the great work guys! :)

Nerroth said:

October 17th, 8:24 am

“All hail the dark lord of the Twin Moons!”

Speaking of Creative Assembly, I know them mostly from their work on the Total War game series:

One day, I think it would be great if some of those titles (such as Shogun II and Rome II) could make its way to a PlayStation platform (or platforms).

Also, Sid may have been thinking of Jason Momoa, who I mainly remember as Ronon Dex from Stargate: Atlantis.

honkayjeezus said:

October 17th, 9:08 am

I have no idea who that is, but I wouldn’t mind hearing something about the PS Plus edition of Driveclub. Why not just release the offline version of it if you aren’t just trying to drum up sales for the retail version?

Hakumen__ said:

October 17th, 12:20 pm

Off topic question: Have any of you heard anything about the launch of Onigiri for PS4? Last I heard it was suppsoed to launch on NA during the summer.

supvic said:

October 17th, 9:31 pm

How about bringing Rey Gutierrez back for an episode just to catch up with the blogcast crew? Gave up on Whobenstein a long time ago, but not a word about Rey..

TeamGreen615 said:

October 18th, 4:11 pm

Lol! I just listened to episode 138 and wasn’t expecting Sid to read my comment joking about Nick’s disappearance. Well I’m glad everyone is doing fine and back together for 139. You guys were talking about trophies in 138 and I just wanted to say that I just platted Rainbow Moon. What a fantastic game to play on the Vita. Can’t wait for Rainbow Skies!

mikeyg1982 said:

October 19th, 5:24 pm

How do i listen to the blogcast on my super duper awesome brand new next generation console, PlayStation 4?