Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 04

Nov 04

PS Plus: November’s Free Game Lineup

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Update: Get a peek at the PS4 Plus lineup in December and January here.

This month we’ve got even more day and date releases into PlayStation Plus including The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PS4, Frozen Synapse Prime on PS3 and the Hungry Horde on PS Vita. Our members will also receive the delightful Steamworld Dig on PS4, addictive Luftrausers on PS3 and charming Escape Plan on PS Vita.

Our PS4 members will discover what randomly generated evils lie in the basement in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, as well as dig for treasures below a western town populated by robots with Steamworld Dig. For PlayStation 3, our members will receive two types of shooters, Frozen Synapse Prime which requires a strategic mind, and the more arcade-y Luftrausers. Finally, our Vita owners can enjoy the touch-screen puzzler Escape Plan as well as The Hungry Horde, where you’ll try and amass the largest zombie horde possible before the government catches on!

All of these games will be free for Plus members starting today when PlayStation Store updates.

PS Plus November 2014 Lineup

November’s PlayStation Plus Preview

PS Plus - Binding of Isaac Rebirth
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4 | PS VITA)

Free for PS Plus members
The Binding of Isaac is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey, players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him superhuman abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is the ultimate of remakes with an all-new highly efficient game engine, all-new hand-drawn pixel style artwork, highly polished visual effects, all-new soundtrack and audio by Ridiculon, and hundreds upon hundreds of designs, redesigns and re-tuned enhancements by series creator, Edmund McMillen.

PS Plus - Steamworld Dig
Steamworld Dig (PS4 | PS VITA)

Free for PS Plus members
SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

PS Plus - Frozen Synapse Prime
Frozen Synapse Prime (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
Take on the role of Tactics, leading a small rebel faction to overthrow a powerful corporation controlling the city of Markov Geist. Control an elite strike team of futuristic soldiers from shotgunners and snipers, to grenadiers and machine-gunners in the ultimate turn-based strategy game. Plot paths and issue orders to your units, test your plans and predict your opponent in each turn. Combat plays out on procedural, 3D, destructible and customizable battlefields.

PS Plus - Luftrausers
Luftrausers (PS3 | PS VITA)

Free for PS Plus members
The skies will be set aflame and the seas will overflow with wreckage in Vlambeer’s stylish arcade shooter LUFTRAUSERS! Select from over 125 combinations of weapons, bodies, and propulsion systems and take to the skies to battle enemy fighter planes, battleships, submarines, and rival aces for glory, honor, and high scores. Bravely volunteer for one of over 100 daring missions and become the most legendary Rauser pilot of all time!

PS Plus - Escape Plan
Escape Plan (PS Vita | PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
Escape Plan takes advantage of the PlayStation®Vita system’s multi-touch display, rear touch panel, swipe interfaces and motion sensor, putting the fate of Lil & Laarg in the palm of your hand. Players can swipe, tap, poke, squeeze and slap our hapless heroes and interact with the unique and twisted puzzles of each room. Only you can help them survive before their captor and nemesis, Bakuki, recycles them and turns them into his minions. Swipe as if your life depended on it in this exclusive survival-humor game for the PS Vita system.

PS Plus - Hungry Horde
The Hungry Horde (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members
Lead a horde of zombies on a manic mission to expand the ranks of the undead and destroy humanity. Battle the clock and attempt to trash the planet in this highly addictive, run-till-you-die zombie rampage – one game and you’ll be “turned”!

We want your feedback so please take a moment to take our poll and leave us a comment below. To chat about all things related to PlayStation with a massive community of gamers, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums and make your voice heard.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 9

CoolCrushKilla said:

November 4th, 10:31 am

Is Frozen Synapse Prime a cross buy with PS Vita?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 11:03 am

It isn’t, but several other titles this month are Cross-buy!

Todoh789 said:

November 4th, 10:34 am

Any sales this week with Plus discounts?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 10:59 am

Sales will be included in the Store post, so check that out later today :)

Ghostwize said:

November 4th, 10:34 am

Stoked for Binding of Isaac. Was gonna buy it day one but this is amazing. :D

Why so late with the informational update for this months games?

DanteMerfi said:

November 4th, 10:34 am

Well, I’m glad the long wait for the announcement paid off – said no one.

Brawl96 said:

November 4th, 10:34 am

Lol. I’m away from my ps4/PS3 for the year and this month you give me 5 vita games to play while I’m away. Love you

oshkoshbagosh1 said:

November 4th, 10:35 am

No nore vacations for you!!!!!!

Elvick_ said:

November 4th, 10:35 am

I’m okay with this.

Gorvi said:

November 4th, 10:35 am

What CoolCrushKilla said. Otherwise, this is a great month for Vita owners, at least 5 of the 6 games can be played on the Vita. I can’t wait to play Isaac tonight on the Vita where it belongs. :)

istrain71 said:

November 4th, 10:36 am

I’m waiting to know what’s on sale today. Hoping for LBP2 sale in advance of the LBP3 release.

BlueBl1zzard said:

November 4th, 10:36 am

Hm, not bad. I’m looking forward to Binding of Isaac the most.

vongruetz said:

November 4th, 10:36 am

I was really hoping Frozen Synapse would also be on the Vita, but you can’t always get what you want.

Looking forward to The Hungry Hoarde. Looks really fun, and everyone says Luftrausers is a great game.

gobriere48 said:

November 4th, 10:36 am

Where is our money going? Servers keep crashing and the Plus games just keep getting worse.

DogFacePig said:

November 4th, 10:37 am

If I could cancel my plus subscription for one month, it would be this month.

FlashDrivePrime said:

November 4th, 10:37 am

Other than Binding of Isaac there’s nothing interesting for me this month. PS+ has really gone downhill, I don’t tink I’ll be resubbing for some time if this keeps up.

Kid_Loser said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

Decent update. Any way that future updated PS3 titles will be available to +subs through PSNow on PS4 and Vita?
And how about Resonance of Fate will come to PSNow??? :D

rotothirteen said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

Not even one retail game. Not even a retail game as ancient as Arkham Asylum. The PS+ games are gradually getting worse. At least next month has an actual retail PS4 game, according to the EU blog. (And January doesn’t.) Don’t think sleazily hiding online multiplayer behind a paywall is going to keep me paying for PS+ as the service gets worse.

mattitude2323 said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

Terrible lineup…. PS4 owners should be upset. I know I am… this is embarassing

samv33 said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

As a Vita owner, I can’t complain, even if I own most of these games elsewhere. I’m most looking forward to Escape Plan, and giving Binding of Isaac another go.

maxseth said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

worst month in plus, its too bad

HeavyToka said:

November 4th, 10:38 am

Five games for my Vita! This makes me happy!

diego87x said:

November 4th, 10:39 am

I think that this month is the worse month ever. All the games appear to be developed in 1985. Come on, you can do it better….

djsaiyan said:

November 4th, 10:39 am

Already got Escape Plan and Luftrausers.

Really looking forward to Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Kinda hoped we’d be getting the Vita version of Frozen Synapse Prime too, since I’m trying to phase out using my PS3 as much as possible, but if I play it and like it, I’ll probably just buy it on Vita anyway.

Good month!

Not a great month, but a good month.

I especially like how many games are going up on Plus right on release day.

w233544 said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

I’m loving how i can play all of these on my vita. college and gaming actually can mix a bit.

SiloEyes said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

Love Playstation, loved Plus in the past but this is becoming a continual disappointment. Certainly a “Why even bother?” sort of month. You guys could’ve just said, “Hey, since there are so many new games to play this month, we won’t be releasing anything free for Plus this month.” and that would’ve been better than this.

zzamaro said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

@Agreed with number 12. Been a member since early 2011, and plus just keeps getting worse. Last good month was June 2014. Plus servers keep crashing. Shame on you Sony.

Chip1010 said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

“Why so late with the informational update for this months games?”

One of the Sony guys on the European blog mentioned some last-minute “dotting of i’s and crossing of t’s.” I imagine that an agreement with one of the developers/publishers was a bit late coming together.

I hope it’s not a pattern, but oh well. I definitely look forward to playing three or four of these. Plus is still the best value in gaming, for me.

RedZepp said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

I get the impression that Sony offered great titles initially in order to get people on board . Now that so many have paid for a yearly subscription, it seems like the goodies are dwindling.

I could be wrong, but it sure feels that way.

The_Tuck said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

Look at that link: “What are your thoughts on October’s PlayStation Plus game lineup?”

Is this an oversight, or do they not want us to give feedback on November’s PlayStation Plus game lineup? My feedback: I imagine this post is Bugs Bunny saying “A’int I a stinker?”

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 11:05 am

We ask about the previous month’s offering because enough time has passed for people to try the games and give their opinions about it. You can offer your feedback on November’s lineup when the December preview comes around :)

Joker33336 said:

November 4th, 10:41 am

You would think with all the new series games coming out this november. games relating to those would be released to encourage those sales. and why not arkham origins if your giving us 2 batmans before. i dont know about this.

bamahollis88 said:

November 4th, 10:41 am

Ps+ is getting bad, I won’t be resubscribing if this keeps up.

AnoyoIkari said:

November 4th, 10:41 am

Ugh! I was hoping the leak last week was wrong. No thank you. PSN has just been on a downward spiral with all the trouble, downtime and poor givings going on.

KANE-FIRE said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

One of the best month ever.Thank you guys!

liammill18 said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

@16

You should honestly just try Isaac and Luftrausers. Retail games aren’t magically better than digital games, and those two games are seriously excellent. That on top of Frozen Synapse Prime and Hungry Horde being free on their release date is pretty fantastic.

M000niz said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

November lineup is still unavailable =(

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 11:05 am

The games will be available today when the PS Store updates!

mattitude2323 said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

Man the PS+ lineup for PS4 has been embarrassing for the last 2-3 months and this month is no better. This is embarrassing Sony… and still no driveclub..

JobyGoob said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

Whoo hoo, I’m ready to dust off that Vita again! Thanks Sony!

Mokajige said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

I think the lineup is fine. In general I’m satisfied with the service provided by my PS+ membership. However I think this recent mess with the IGC release requires an explanation from Sony. This official release should have been made public a week ago. When the video was pulled it raised a lot of questions, most of which have never been addressed. We’re paying customers. Complaints about the games added to IGC are fine to ignore. Everyone has their own tastes and so you can’t please everyone all the time. However this mess is a customer relations failure that needs to be addressed.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 11:07 am

I understand your frustration and we’re sorry for the delay on this.

StingrayX said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

Awesome game lineup. =D.

hahpurr said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

And once again the free game line up sux, but whats new. It has been a year since the release of the Ps4 and i still can’t upload my own music. Come on sony, I am sure you can do better.

Batchi_ said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

NICE, I love isaac!

NOW RELEASE THE PATCH SO I CAN HAVE MY AUDIO BACK.

TrueRadiantFree said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

Hey I’m not complaining or anything, since I’m looking forward to picking up SteamWorld Dig and trying out Luftrausers/ Escape Plan, but these are the same exact ones that were shown in the video that was removed last week. So my question is why did you guys wait to officially announce the games, considering they are the same? It just created a whole lot of unnecessary mystery about them.

CardinalGlick57 said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

Driveclub?

THEPOSTMANFROMTX said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

With a massive PS3 collection to choose from , you go with 2 small titles. Those are the kind of titles you throw in WITH a big title. “Hey I got Tomb Raider this month. YES! oh and they also gave me a indie game, cool.” There are a thousand old “BIG” games that you could have thrown in…oh wait.. no you want us to pay $4.99 on playstation now and only play it for 4 hrs. NOT cool Sony.

IVANBARROK said:

November 4th, 10:43 am

A lot of ****. Thx.

ToneDeafJeff said:

November 4th, 10:44 am

Does anyone know if Binding of Issac: Rebirth is compatible with PS TV? And if I get PlayStation +, will I be able to download it?

Ghostwize said:

November 4th, 10:44 am

So the EU post states that Injustice is free next month with Secret Ponchos and in January, Infamous First Light and The Swapper. This will pertain to US as well? Game on!

HeRaTyK said:

November 4th, 10:44 am

Frozen looks cool, will definitely check it out!

hazelcabug said:

November 4th, 10:44 am

Regret renewing my subscription, since june all the offerings are either indies or retail game that just got sale for 5$ a month before release in ps plus igc. At first i loved indie games but every month is just unacceptable. The good news is, after I finished all my AAA games from 2 years ago, not gonna subscribe again.

boomstickbhg said:

November 4th, 10:45 am

Dear Sony Blog staff.

This news is almost a week late.

Why do you rarely keep your mostly loyal fans in the dark whenever something is delayed.

Even a post saying “Sorry for the Delay, news will come as soon as we can give it to you” would be a massive improvement.

It’s not fair to your customers to constantly keep them in the dark when news is late, the PSN or PS4 are having major issues, games aren’t released on time, the store isn’t working, etc…

Please do a better job of keeping the community informed even if you have to hire someone new to do that job and only that job.

We deserve better.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 11:26 am

I get where you’re coming from, and we are sorry for the delay on this communication. We’ll try to do better in the future.

Ax_Man17 said:

November 4th, 10:45 am

lol i don’t even look forward to the free games anymore i’m more for the ps plus sales

PAGE 1 2 3 9