God of War

Nov 04

Nov 04

The Wolf Among Us Out Today on PS4, PS Vita

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by Senior Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

For fans who’ve been waiting to play The Wolf Among Us on PS4 or PS Vita, the wait is over! All 5 episodes in the season are now available in stores and via download, and the whole season is also available on PS3 at retail for the first time today.

And in case you missed it earlier, The Walking Dead: Season Two is now available on PS4 and Vita as well!

The Wolf Among Us looks just as gorgeous on Vita as it does on a bigger screen with the PS4. When we first started working on the series, we implemented some new stuff in our engine to make the visuals look as much as possible like a moving comic book, and both the Vita and PS4 do a fantastic job of showing that off.

Not sure what The Wolf Among Us is all about? It’s a Telltale episodic series based on the award-winning Fables comics by Bill Willingham, where fairytale characters are real and live in exile in New York City. Don’t be fooled by its fairytale origins though; this is definitely a mature title. As Sheriff Bigby Wolf (THE Big Bad Wolf), you’ll find the story is kicked off by a brutal, bloody murder, but that’s really just the beginning of what turns out to be a very deep, dark, and dangerous rabbit hole…

As ever, thanks for reading — and if you’ve already played Wolf, thanks for sharing this season with us! Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Add Your Own

Brandonlee2131 said:

November 4th, 8:06 am

Is it crossbuy

JimmyHACK said:

November 4th, 8:07 am

Still no cross-buy?

Grimmy11 said:

November 4th, 8:07 am

Wanted to get this since I played the first episode on 360, If these were PS4/Vita Cross buy/save I’d be all over them as it is I’ll probably wait until one of the versions is on sale.

GattsuWolf said:

November 4th, 8:07 am

Finally! Day 1 buy for me and my vita :) but 1 question… Is it going to have spanish subtitles? I can read English pretty well but I would prefer my native languange :p

pata300 said:

November 4th, 8:09 am

CROSSBUY!!! 💩

jakekoloko001 said:

November 4th, 8:10 am

It’s the vita and the ps4 cross over? And can we buy the season pass ?

Brandonlee2131 said:

November 4th, 8:10 am

How much, digital content is way overpriced compared to physical copies when you look at the cost it takes to produce each and get it to the consumer. We are getting ripped off and its not fair, but you guys love those sheeple.

The_Codefinder said:

November 4th, 8:14 am

Is there platinum trophies like in the ps3 version?

Blacq_Soul said:

November 4th, 8:14 am

loved it on my PS3. great game. doubt it’s cross-buy though

dids2727 said:

November 4th, 8:23 am

Why isn’t it available on the psn store for the vita?

The_Codefinder said:

November 4th, 8:27 am

@dids, psn store update isn’t until later today.

Skeetlejuice said:

November 4th, 8:28 am

Well based on the trailer, it looks like it runs perfectly 30 frames no drops etc for vita. So my question after shelling out the money on walking dead season one (twice) and season 2, is the following.

Is the performance actually a solid 20 – 30 frames?
Is there an ugly border overlay during all cutscenes added with no option to turn it off and no warning in any media / documentation, worst part is it’s tacked on so many times peoples heads or faces get cropped by it on top of being distracting.
It seemed like this was a genius idea for supposed casuals that can’t figure out when a cutscene is and frankly it cheapens the experience a long with all of the almost constant technical issues.
Is there sound issues when listening with headphones like there is with WDS2 on Vita

Frankly you should consider a PS4 / Vita crossbuy / save option, even if it is a bit more expensive than one version on it’s own as many of us want to have the flexibility to play when it’s convenient to do so.

Skeetlejuice said:

November 4th, 8:29 am

The acting and story for the most part is very good in these, but the choice matters stuff is a bit laughable.

I would consider getting both this and game of thrones one launch, but I just am wary of the tactics, and frankly stuff like 400 days being announced after and not part of the season pass.

For those that will buy just for a “participation” platinum you have to ask yourself what something anyone gets completing a game that anyone can complete is really worth. It’s a stupid platinum and worth less than most bronze or silver game completion trophies.

Skeetlejuice said:

November 4th, 8:29 am

I just don’t understand how telltale is getting away with the horrible technical issues, many times it has practically ruined my enjoyment on ps3 and vita. I will not be buying it for ps4 at any time, frankly getting it for 18.74 for both seasons and being laid up in bed after a surgery before Halloween is why I bought. $50 for both on ps4 with no vita crossbuy / save is criminal.

i’ll wait to here about the technical issues / headphones / border for Wolf on Vita and then once it hits sub $10 I will consider it. Game of Thrones I might buy day one on PS4, but it better look damn good and not have these technical issues otherwise I will just wait for a sub $10 price for that too.

dids2727 said:

November 4th, 8:31 am

@The_Codefinder, ok thanks

GodlessPagan said:

November 4th, 8:43 am

Good for those who never played it, I guess. I love your games, TellTale, but no cross-buy is just lame. Why would I purchase it again for PS4 when I have it on PS3? Literally, why? What’s new about it that’s worth paying full price again?

CaptNink said:

November 4th, 8:44 am

Awesome! We need more games like this on Vita!

endustry94 said:

November 4th, 8:53 am

TellTale games are great… But they’re killing me with the release windows. I would much rather play these games on the Vita but end up picking them up on the PS3 as they were released 1st. I can’t and refuse to keep buying the same games over and over for the PSV and PS4 and PS3. Starting to frown on these developers…

PUERTOVEL7I said:

November 4th, 8:58 am

Cross buy or I won’t be interested.

jrodfantastic said:

November 4th, 9:08 am

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!

I played through it on PS3 as the episodes released and will definitely buy it again (twice) for my PS4 and Vita!

Thank youuuuuuuu.

yowzagabowza said:

November 4th, 9:18 am

Telltale must love sony. They can sell the same game SIX TIMES at full price. Ill never buy another one. Technical issues every time amd voice acting isnt even that good. Gameplay is so tedious as well.

The_Codefinder said:

November 4th, 9:21 am

@skeetlejuice, I understand what you mean about how did platinum trophies are easier to achieve than others, but nonetheless they’re all still worth the same point value for increasing your trophy level. However important that is to you or not is of course up to you. To be fair, Wolf Among Us platinum requires more than just playing it start to finish like Walking Dead Season 1. You do need to replay parts and find collectibles, though it’s not too hard really. I’d just prefer getting a platinum trophy for repurchasing a game and getting value out of it, unlike Walking Dead S2 and MGS Ground Zeroes.

Ax_Man17 said:

November 4th, 9:21 am

I bought this game on PS3 a few months back on sale for like $8 i think,great game and the characters are cool

UNCyrus said:

November 4th, 9:59 am

As someone who just cosplayed as BIbgy for Halloween, I support this 100%.

MakoSoul said:

November 4th, 11:08 am

Psyched for this!

danielrpark said:

November 4th, 11:31 am

#14 – What he said. Would loved to have had this one on Vita months ago, but as months went by with zero news, I finally broke down and got the PS3 version instead.

jluvsc said:

November 4th, 11:35 am

Does this fix rest mode on the ps4?

nduval said:

November 4th, 11:38 am

I’ve been holding off on this until it came to the Vita. I’ll buy your game, because I like what you make, and I really enjoyed Walking Dead 1 and 2. I will say though, I always feel like there is some lack of appreciation for the customer when you won’t let me have cross-buy access. Sony keeps a tight restriction on how accounts access content, so I’m not trying to give your product away to someone else. I would love to be able to move between PS4 and Vita, but to do that I have to pay you twice for the same game. There is just no good reason for this. Still, I’m a huge Vita fan, and if you keep cranking these out for Vita I will keep buying.

SeanStrange said:

November 4th, 12:07 pm

Thanks for bringing this to the PS4. I’ll be sure to pick this up down the line.

plaztiksyke said:

November 4th, 1:27 pm

I’ve been a big fan of TellTale’s for years, going back to Bone and Sam & Max on GameTap. I’ve bought most of their Wii games (including SGCG4AP), and everything they’ve put out on PS3 (including SBCG4AP — the best version released).

That being said, I’m with @Skeetlejuice. In a major dramatic moment, having the audio skip/glitch for seconds while the screen freezes is just unacceptable. People paying less for these games on iPad get performance and rendering improvements for a looong time after the initial release. PlayStation gamers get almost none of those updates. I bought the Vita version of Walking Dead on the good faith it would run smoother than PS3, but it had the same chugging performance and glitching as the PS3 version.

plaztiksyke said:

November 4th, 1:28 pm

It seems TellTale worked harder when they were doing smaller IPs. With Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and Walking Dead, quality has taken a back seat. They know about these problems, and have acknowledged them in-person to various players at PAX, GDC, etc. It’s been multiple years of doing parallel productions, and there’s no excuse at this point. It is extremely disappointing that we over-pay for the same ancient tech all over again on more-than-capable PlayStation platforms.

if PlayStation has any sense, they’ll work with TellTale to make PlayStation the place to play these games for the best value — and not on an iPad connected to an HDTV.

magooser said:

November 4th, 2:02 pm

Will be getting for the Vita.

cano74 said:

November 4th, 4:32 pm

Just when I thought my Vita backlog was big enough, now I’ll be adding this to it.

jab__661 said:

November 4th, 4:48 pm

I loved this game on PS3. Might buy it again. :)

PrinceofXIII said:

November 4th, 9:39 pm

Been waiting for this!!!!

fedosov88 said:

November 5th, 12:20 am

Check all psn discounts here: http://psprices.com/region-us/index

GattsuWolf said:

November 5th, 6:34 am

Hey Laura… If you’re gonna post something here at least take 10 mins to answer our questions. Learn something from Nick Accordino and his Freedom Wars posts, he replied every single one of us. If you want us to buy the game don’t ignoring us is a good first step. (Ah and I also wrote a question to teltalle games via their facebook page and the same… Just ignored me). Please take note and take better care of your customers.