PlayStation VR

Nov 10

Nov 10

LittleBigPlanet 3: The LittleBigJourney (Part 1)

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Over the years, I’ve had the privilege of working with the brightest minds in the industry to help launch some truly remarkable games — emotional adventures (Shadow of the Colossus), memorable characters (Parappa the Rapper), technological wonders (The Eye of Judgment), thrilling online action (Warhawk) and blockbuster shooters (Killzone). But one title stands out from all the rest.

Rewind to 2007, when a small tech demo captured the gaming industry’s imagination with a crafty new character called Sackboy and a genius, passionate development team called MediaMolecule who asked everyone to Play, Create, and Share.

Soon, the world of LittleBigPlanet was in the hands of millions of fans – and thanks to industry praise, “Game of the Year” accolades and a thriving community we knew — fun mattered.

LittleBigPlanet 3

LittleBigPlanet 3

A few years later, LittleBigPlanet 2 debuted with new tools that unlocked whole new genres to play – from top-down adventures to first-person shooters. Again, our community responded by sharing a wealth of ingenious new creations.

Later, fun went portable with LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, and more recently Run Sackboy! Run! (PS Vita and Android versions coming soon).

Fast forward to next week, when LittleBigPlanet 3 hits stores with a new cast of characters, new layers of depth, and new bells and whistles revolving around PS4’s Share functionality. Heck, we even threw in a free Sackboy for the first batch of games on shelf.

This holiday, we’re asking you to join us once more and be a part of a community where it’s okay to be different, enjoy playing games, express your creativity, and celebrate the uniqueness in all of us.

Add Your Own

gohanrice said:

November 10th, 8:05 am

Do you have a date for Run Sackboy Run? We were told here on PS Blog that it would be coming in October. It’s only out for iOS, the one platform I don’t have.

November 11th, 3:17 am

Run Sackboy! Run! will be available on PS Vita and Android at the end of this month.

JimmyHACK said:

November 10th, 8:05 am

Getting more excited the closer it gets. I am still trying to remain cautiously optimistic though being it is now from a different developer.

Let the pre-load commence!!

November 11th, 3:18 am

Sumo Digital has a team of incredibly talented designers amongst them, many of them actually coming from the LittleBigPlanet community itself!

If there’s a team that knows just how to take LittleBigPlanet in new and exciting ways… It’s them!

drpepperdude100 said:

November 10th, 8:09 am

I definitely pre-ordered because of the free Sackboy lol.

November 11th, 3:19 am

Who can ever resist a free Sackboy? ;)

ossiecastro5 said:

November 10th, 8:13 am

Nice new trailer. #standsmall everyone.

November 11th, 3:19 am

I love this trailer too! It’s one of my favourites that we’ve released!

TJLEW said:

November 10th, 8:38 am

Will there be a week one t shirt?

November 11th, 3:20 am

There certainly will be! We will have more news on this very soon!

What with Week One fast approaching and all that… ;)

Curtisio said:

November 10th, 8:57 am

Great commercial!

I think we need to elect Sack Boy as US President!

We can many Odd Sock Vice Pres, and Sack Boy can make Toggle Homeland Security!

November 11th, 3:21 am

I just have to know now…
    What would Swoop be doing!?

sackchief said:

November 10th, 9:56 am

Its amazing how much LBP has changed over the years. I still remember the tech demo reveal in 07 and how mind blowing it was at the time. LBP3 is going to be crazy awesome.

November 11th, 3:22 am

Crazy awesome is just the beginning!
    We can’t wait to see what the community do with all the new tools!

Crazy-Maisy said:

November 10th, 10:05 am

Sackboy Plushie was ONE reason for my pre-orders, but just getting LBP3 in my PS4 is really the TOP reason I pre-ordered, and all that wonderful DLC that comes with it.

I was very disappointed that iOS got Run Sackboy Run and we on PS Vita and Android never heard that we weren’t getting it at the same time and still no release date available. It feels like the same old iOS First that Android users are so accustomed to from other developers.

November 11th, 3:23 am

You will be able to pick up Run Sackboy! Run! for PS Vita and Android at the end of the month!

That should really help expand your costume collection whilst playing LittleBigPlanet 3!

TimMalouff said:

November 10th, 10:28 am

I agree the plush is a great retail pre-order bonus and all or the choices for bonus DLC at each retailer is also a huge plus.

I however am trying to go all digital and feel disappointed by on having T-shirts as a digital incentive and cheated at having it at the same price.

I guess the reward for digital must be “less is more” but for the above reasons I don’t see it.

renaultmilton said:

November 10th, 11:27 am

When will Europe see this Commercial? Please Explain!

JMG24BAD said:

November 10th, 12:15 pm

Wish you guys would have not put it out the same day as all the big heavy hitters! I’m getting it. But I would love more people to know about this greatness

November 11th, 3:24 am

He may be little but Sackboy packs quite a punch himself!

LittleBigPlanet is constantly evolving though, so you can be rest assured that we will be continuing to support LittleBigPlanet 3 post-launch, just as we did with LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2.

tusunami said:

November 10th, 12:19 pm

At some point I will check this out LBP3 this be a great time indeed alot of people will play this as this game is also highly anticipated.As for the run sack boy run game on ios i’m glad i have a iphone5s gold!!!!!!!

November 11th, 3:25 am

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the game!

Curtisio said:

November 10th, 12:39 pm

There are a lot of games coming on Nov 18. Why does that always happen?

FCB-Kratos said:

November 10th, 4:25 pm

Nice trailer, does LBP3 cross-save/play between PS3 and PS4 ?

FCB-Kratos said:

November 10th, 5:10 pm

^
Does LBP3 support*

heero2002 said:

November 10th, 6:56 pm

Just want to wish LBP3 best of luck ahead of its release. I hope it will have a great launch! A series this magical and creative deserves to be played by everyone. I hope it doesn’t get overshadowed my other so called “mature” games.

Narwhal42 said:

November 10th, 7:13 pm

Cant wait

November 11th, 3:27 am

Neither can we! It’s so close now!

honkayjeezus said:

November 10th, 7:42 pm

Can’t believe you guys handed the game off to Sumo Digital, a port developer. I understand cutting costs, but pushing this franchise in that direction is kind of bad mojo.

fijski8 said:

November 10th, 7:53 pm

Pre-ordered mine! See you online! Wonder if I can slap a new “Jones” level out.

ZombieRollz said:

November 10th, 8:08 pm

Sadly, I don’t have enough money to buy this because I’m trying to save for all of the black friday deals, but I will get this eventually! Looks like a lot of fun and you guys have added a bunch of new features! Hope it sells well =D

Remmy8199 said:

November 11th, 1:39 am

Man, the 18th is gonna be a busy day for me. LBP3, GTAV, and DA:I all coming out the same day. Guess I’m gonna have to say goodbye to any kind of social life for a while.

November 11th, 3:27 am

Try playing LittleBigPlanet online with like-mind Sackfolk…

It’s a social experience like none other… And PlayStation Share will give you the opportunity to share all of your adventures in the player-created community levels!

IcedDice777 said:

November 11th, 5:20 am

Just preordered my LBP 3 copy Today at my local Gamestop, PS4 version. Had No hesitation in cancelling AC “PARITY” and spending my cash on Sony franchises. The Sackboy plushy is nice plus :)

Curtisio said:

November 11th, 7:23 am

Steven,

… Swoop would be in charge of FAA, of course!

DelicaGunz said:

November 11th, 7:41 am

I pre-ordered this and got both unlocks with Run Sackboy! Run! Love it!!

Welmosca said:

November 11th, 8:33 am

Please quit killing LBP…its painful to watch.

I wonder why the “passionate development team called MediaMolecule” ain’t in charge of the 3rd one.I joke cuz I know the reason….it’s painful to any creator seeing his creation being destroyed.

bludarmy said:

November 11th, 12:55 pm

If i pre-order LBP3 for PS3 do I still get the little plush, if so where?

FaZe_AvexZ said:

November 11th, 2:43 pm

I think they should make everybody’s creations be able to be played on both PS3 and ps4. As then both consoles can have all the creations to be able to play as some creators I know have not went to ps4. Thumbs up if you agree!

FaZe_AvexZ said:

November 11th, 2:44 pm

Also what will happen since I pre ordered off best buy for PS3 will I get launch space suit even though I might get it the next day or something?

firey_tanzie said:

December 8th, 4:39 pm

I can’t use stickers to either decorate my pod or activate sticker switches. They won’t even show up in my popit during a level. But another player with me can use them just fine. Single or multiplayer I cannot use them.