Knack 2

Nov 22

Nov 22

LittleBigPlanet 3: Announcing Community Challenges and the Sack-a-thon!

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

It’s a fantastically big week for Sackboy, OddSock, Toggle and Swoop with the release of LittleBigPlanet 3, and we thought it would be just perfect for our community to help roll out the red carpet for the newest members of the PlayStation Family. Let’s see what you can do!

Community Challenge #1

For all you creators out there – please help us welcome Sackboy’s new friends by putting together some small levels featuring your favorite PlayStation characters standing small alongside the LBP3 crew, welcoming them to the PlayStation family in that special LittleBigPlanet way!

Just pick any of your favorite PlayStation characters and create a small level in LittleBigPlanet 3 by December 2nd with the tag (LBP3Crafted). It doesn’t have to be anything too elaborate, Sackboy and Friends will welcome any levels sent their way!

If you want to share your creations with us on social media, you can also tag your submissions with #LBP3Crafted on Twitter and Instagram to show us your creative talents.

We will be compiling some of your wonderful creations together and placing them for everyone to see on LittleBigPlanet.com, our other social channels, and at PlayStation Experience, so be sure to keep an eye out to see if we feature your creation to the PlayStation community.

To find out more about our challenges or to check out other people’s creations, you can head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com or follow us on Twitter @LittleBigPlanet!

LittleBigPlanet: KratosLittleBigPlanet: Nathan DrakeLittleBigPlanet: Ellie

Sack-a-thon

You may have already heard, but we’ll also be at the PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas on December 6-7, 2014. We’ll have a ton of community activities, pro-tips and tons more surprises. We even want to feature the community challenges from you – so be sure you tag (LBP3Crafted) on your contributions!

Stay tuned for more news, but for now… happy creating!

Add Your Own

BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP said:

November 22nd, 11:33 am

BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP said:

November 22nd, 11:35 am

its featured on IGN and other 400 gaming sties and been retweeted by Adam Boyes and Shuedi Yoshida. – http://lbp.me/t/11eq?p=1&l=12
it took 2 years to build and covers the whole game over 31 levels would be amazing to features at the playstation experince
thanks

BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP said:

November 22nd, 11:37 am

#LBP3Crafted Final Fantasy VII Remake

Asylum3395 said:

November 22nd, 11:46 am

fix the game I keep falling through the ground

Pookachoo said:

November 22nd, 11:51 am

Looking forward to PSX ;)

timmystambaugh said:

November 22nd, 12:46 pm

#LBP3Crafted The easy platformer (DEMO)

emrooz said:

November 22nd, 12:54 pm

Ive been wanting to get a rare crown forever, it seems as ill never get it :(, Ive been trying forever!!!!!!!! Will you guys ever put it out for the public for a day. Ive been wanting one for so long. Please answer back Steven, also I would come to Las Vegas but im going somewhere else :(.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

November 24th, 1:43 am

It’s unlikely that we would just put out our most coveted costume piece for everyone to download but we like to ensure that the community have plenty of opportunities to earn one.

Keep to LittleBigPlanet.com and the forums for news of any such chances!

SoloWingKiba said:

November 22nd, 1:07 pm

Why can’t I access all my DLC on PS4? Need my FF sackvincent

jhernandez360 said:

November 22nd, 1:08 pm

I had the pop-it freeze, if you have the same problem you have to delete your screen shots. other than that were loving it over here!

Wolfwood796 said:

November 22nd, 2:31 pm

This is awesome!

BluePhoenix_911 said:

November 22nd, 4:23 pm

The game would be awesome but I cant even play it and nobody responds to my questions / support inquiries. I cant even play online. Whenever I try to join someone it says error loading player profile and the game crashes all the time. It doesnt even show that my friends are playing the game.

Zanapu said:

November 22nd, 6:11 pm

I wish I had the DLC/Was able to beat story mode ^^ I may have entered this!

race2winnet said:

November 22nd, 6:25 pm

Can we at least get the game working before announcing contests? Just saying…

Last_HopeNFaith said:

November 22nd, 6:34 pm

#LBP3Crafted Final Fantasy VII Remake (It took that guy 2years and he’s out they’re pushing it to get more views)

Teflon02 said:

November 22nd, 9:14 pm

When can I download older dlc, like metal gear, pirates of the C, and my already owned costumes. It brings me to a page where I can’t download anything from. but the game knows I own these things…
Also any explinations on how to do 3d movement, or even top down levels like that one toggle level in LBP3. I’m tryina figure out but it’s not working. Also I noticed the video tutorials aren’t working, I’ve been trying to get them to play to figure out new things like the new tools but it doesn’t work and popit puzzle isn’t ideal for figuring out create mode specifically

Notserp2814 said:

November 23rd, 2:01 am

Sorry to be “that person” but here’s a challenge from the community to the developers:

Fix the broken game.

Also please, someone, fix LittleBigPlanet Karting! The game is still riddled with problems and it’s been out for years. Is this acceptable?

HuckQ said:

November 23rd, 3:45 am

Just wanted to give kudos to the Sumo team for doing the LBP franchise such justice! Great work guys! Where credit is due!

PapaPico619 said:

November 23rd, 4:57 am

I love lbp community and I hope I can join random people and they can join me! Let’s play guys!
LbP all night long.

PanTheMan16 said:

November 23rd, 9:12 am

Serves yoyu people right for buying a LBP game that wasn’t developed by MM. How could you possibly expect a great and authentic LBP experience from anyone else? The bugs in this game would not have made it past playtesters, so they knew they were shipping a broken game. People who buy games like this are the reason the video game industry is at an all-time low.
“Bad game? That’s okay. Here’s my money” “Broken game? That’s okay. Here’s my money” “Cash grab that you only spent 1 year developing? That’s okay. Here’s my money.”

Teflon02 said:

November 23rd, 8:24 pm

@17
LBP Vita was great, even arguably better then 2… Just saying

fijski8 said:

November 24th, 5:40 am

Can’t see friends online, Levels are not “friendly”, and missing DLC.
Played through a lot of levels, but the game needs work.
Where’s the Qore hat. That’s the only rare thing I got after years of my life dedicated to the game…
LBP needs to be easy (for kids), let the acing be hard. Why can’t we see our friends that our playing the game at the same time. This is for the ps4 version..

SHENANIGANS2323 said:

November 24th, 8:09 am

Awe man I’d love to just wish all my dlc would work. Glad to see its being worked on though I csn finally access the dc comics dlc. Is the cross controller pack coming as well? That was by far my favorite dlc and its the only one not listed when I go to the store.

BadCop1979 said:

November 24th, 9:47 am

with all due respect are we getting bug fixes anytime soon? my game crashes constantly (and yes I have both the game and my ps4 firmware updated to the most current versions. the game almost bricked my ps4 and that’s to say nothing of the issues I am having with costumes,cut scenes, and issues with the store telling me I need to rebuy costumes I already own. plus the space suits appearing only to be taken off the store. I would like the things you owe me or at the very least I need a place to show off my screenshots of the bugs I am having cause it’s ruining the fun and love I have for the series and my son’s as well.

please I am not super mad but I just want this game to be fixed cause when it runs it’s one of the best LBP’s ever.

bulimicitsgreat said:

November 24th, 9:48 am

I have a concern and alongside me is everyone who has this problem. I can’t access the LBP3 Space Suit, when I try downloading it in game it just says it’s either unavailable or it’s not for sale. It’s Monday already and I don’t want to miss out on this! Can we get an update at least on this matter?! If Tuesday comes we will never be able to download it because of bug problems!

Another question is if will we be able to buy the LBP 3 Character T-Shirt? I didn’t preorder through the PSN because I thought we would be able to buy it later on but that t-shirt is totally different to the “All Size Fits All” rare t-shirt. I really want it and I have been collecting all the rare t-shirt and don’t want to miss out on this one!!

Notserp2814 said:

November 24th, 10:27 am

Will LBP Karting online play and trophy problems ever be fixed? Or should I stop putting countless hours in that game hoping my next race will finally be the last one I need to platinum?

Why was LBP3 released when everyone working on it knew of the numerous game breaking issues behind it? Why was it not delayed?

I believe these are fair questions to ask when thousands of people, including myself, have purchased these products, under the guarantee from Sony and the studios behind these games that we would be buying working finished products.

yellowfan26 said:

November 24th, 3:50 pm

Steven, the LBP3 PS4 transfer system is still broken and unresponsive, it’s getting on my nerves that it STILL hasn’t been resolved. When is it gonna get done?

slackaxeable said:

November 24th, 5:20 pm

Steven, there’s a glitch on the PS3 version right now where I can’t place any stickers unless I’m in play mode. Is this being looked into?

Willivraison0up said:

November 24th, 6:03 pm

my DLC LBP1 and LBP2 ” special edition ‘does not work on LBP3, I did not want to pay $ 9.99 because I have! Is this a problem or is it intended?

WaveLightning777 said:

November 24th, 6:20 pm

So…. do LBP3’s Beta testers not get vests…? :(

MrSignal said:

November 24th, 7:03 pm

@21 They removed the Qore hat, it was replaced by another though.
Don’t remember the pattern of the new one. Probably a blue tree…

I’m still a little bit peeved by the lack of proper advertising over the complete lack of pre-order DLC for the PS3 version at EB Games in Canada.
I know for a fact that there will be a ton more peeved off parents come xmas. “I was told it would possibly be in the case”.
Worse yet in that it’ll be far past the exchange period. So expect a massive spike in complaints around then.

Aided_Onslaught said:

November 25th, 12:16 am

Thanks for yet another game that doesn’t award the second local player with trophies. This is such a disappointment.

fijski8 said:

November 26th, 11:44 am

Just got done playing 3 hours with my kids. This game is Awesome!
If you are waiting.. Buy it now. Super fun family fun.
Awesome level design. Great work Sumo!!
Now gimme my Qore hat back…..
Great addition to LBP!! Can’t wait to play more tonight!

DOOPALORD said:

November 27th, 6:11 pm

Hi Steven I’ve been a big fan for for a while and I think you are awesome . I want to make a last of us level in lbp 3 but I can’t place any stickers in create or in my pod please reply thanks.

liass12 said:

November 28th, 12:46 am

Steven plz help i cant download my dlc in lbp3 i live in eu and when i try to download them in lbp3 it says `no content` And yesterday i checked and then it said i havent bought any of my costumes can i get my dlc soon??