PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jan 07

Jan 07

PlanetSide 2 Closed Beta Hits PS4 January 20th

Clint Worley's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlanetSide 2

The PlanetSide 2 Closed Beta for PS4 is starting this month — January 20th, to be exact! The development team has been hard at work refining, optimizing, and creating an amazing console version of PlanetSide 2 on PS4, and we can’t wait to get it into your hands.

We’ll be using this beta period to test our servers, performance, and various other aspects of the game, and we also want you to share constructive feedback on PlanetSide 2. How does the game look and feel? Is navigating through the menus intuitive and utilizing DualShock 4 in the best way? All players in the Closed Beta will have access to our special Beta forums, which will be the primary location for development interaction and feedback. We want the massive battles to make your heart pound and adrenaline pump, so share your thoughts with us.

PlanetSide 2

If you haven’t done so already, make sure you opt in by email for a chance to participate in the Closed Beta. You can sign up through our website. To ensure the most positive gameplay experience, we will invite a few thousand players into the Beta at the beginning, followed by waves of players throughout the Closed Beta period. Please note players will be invited in chronological order of when they signed up.

I’m sure there are a lot of questions about the Beta that I can’t answer in this blog post, so check out our FAQ at PlanetSide2.com.

With its massive battles and enormous continents, PlanetSide 2 is a one-of-kind gaming experience, and we are excited to finally bring the world’s largest MMOFPS to PS4 this month.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

CrusaderForever said:

January 7th, 10:04 am

Great, just signed up! Hoping to get an invite. Really looking forward to this game. Thanks for you hard work and bringing PS2 to the PS4.

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 10:10 am

Thanks CrusaderForever! The development team is super excited and we will see you on the battlefield.

bedatguy said:

January 7th, 10:07 am

YEA BUDDY!

Bellalara said:

January 7th, 10:07 am

Yes, can’t wait! Hopefully I get an invite to the Beta.

gus_xl said:

January 7th, 10:07 am

I just bought a PS4 Monday because I heard this game is starting pretty soon. Really looking forward to it.

TheJmqm said:

January 7th, 10:12 am

Signed up! Can’t wait!

TalusAS said:

January 7th, 10:14 am

I signed up for the beta the day the beta sign up page went up during the playstation experience. Keeping my fingers crossed that puts me in that first couple thousand!

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 11:50 am

We are taking Beta sign ups in chronological order and sending out invites on the 20th. Good luck and thanks for supporting us!

G-Force08 said:

January 7th, 10:15 am

Signed up a while back. Can’t wait to play! I gave it a try at E3 and it was shaping up to be pretty comprehensive on the PS4. Hope it’s just as good as the PC version! :)

Eliphaz said:

January 7th, 10:17 am

Finally, I’ve been waiting for this forever; like since it was announced that all new sony mmo’s would be on consoles as well. Can’t wait to get my hands on this beast. I mass mailed dozens of my friends with beta inf when it was submitted for approval.
Now I only need Everquest Next (omg or Landmark) and Soe will have all of my game time monopolized.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

January 7th, 10:21 am

ANOTHER FPS..SMFH. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO STARHAWK 2..I PRAY TO THE ALL MIGHTY GOD THIS GAME IS BEING WORKED ON AND WILL BE RELEASED THIS YEAR OR NEXT. IM SO TIRED OF FPS. BF4,BFH AND DESTINY IS ENOUGH FOR ME. LET THE 3RD PERSON GAMES FLOW IN THIS YEAR. MGS5..UNCHARTED4 AND SAINTS ROW 4..ALL WE NEED IS H-HOUR AND STARHAWK 2! ^_____^

Mr-BAMFinator said:

January 7th, 10:24 am

Dammit SOE! Haha, I was hoping you’d release it on the 13th! Why you got to release the game I’ve been waiting 2 years for on the start of the Spring college semester? UGH.

noobpownin09 said:

January 7th, 10:35 am

yay my clan/alliance look forward to stress testing your server load

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 11:53 am

That is exactly the type of testing feedback we are looking to get. Getting any problems worked out in the closed beta will be a huge benefit to the players that join us in the future open beta.

DaKirch said:

January 7th, 10:39 am

There is someone from Germany in my outfit, will they have access?

Shamino75 said:

January 7th, 10:46 am

Hi, i sign Up for the Beta.

Question for the Developers. I´am form Germany, is this any Problem for the Beta Sign up ? Or has anybody around the World the Option to get chosen for the Beta ?

I´am really looking forward to Play Planetside 2 on my PS4.

I played Planetside 1 when i came out on the PC. I was really Mind Blowing Battles. I am looking forward to have that Experience on the PS4 with PS2.

Thank you have a happy new Year and Greetings from Germany

Shamino 75

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 11:54 am

We are working on our SCEE Beta submission. It will be slightly delayed but it is on its way. Once we have a confirmed date we will let our SCEE players know. I would still recommend signing up for the Beta via our webpage just to be sure.

scrotalbatwing said:

January 7th, 11:04 am

This game was the tipping point in me going with the PS4 pre-order over the XB1. I hope to get in early in the beta and hope this becomes my new 600+ hour addiction.

mdtopp11 said:

January 7th, 11:06 am

me and my friends all signed up the day the sign ups dropped, we’re all eagerly waiting to see if we get in, the 20th couldnt come sooner

Auronold said:

January 7th, 11:07 am

The Hype is real! I used to play this a while back for PC and I can’t wait to get started again! Hope to have to privilege to play in the Beta again.

Welmosca said:

January 7th, 11:09 am

Since this is a closed beta…does this means that an open beta will happen as well?…might just wait for it.

BTW I’ve been watching some Planetside 2 trailers and gameplays and the game looks nice,I’m eager to try it out myself and see if its really good.

Sum-Mischief said:

January 7th, 11:17 am

I’m ready signed up back when link when live at PSX. I played on the pc . Not big on PC gaming . Been looking forward to it on Console …

OnTheBus666 said:

January 7th, 11:22 am

Awesome I’m really looking forward to this game

LiquidSnake268 said:

January 7th, 11:25 am

oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah finally!!! i have sign in on the first day of the beta inscription! can’t wait

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 11:56 am

Thanks for the support!

SoldadoEspect986 said:

January 7th, 11:29 am

Finally! YES i waiting a year for this game.

brammen1478 said:

January 7th, 11:38 am

Played this games for months now on steam :) really great game!!!!! Hope i get an invite to, so i can playe further on my ps4 :D.

ClericGY said:

January 7th, 11:39 am

Hopefully there is Keyboard and Mouse support for it. But I do look forward to seeing it on PS4 as I plan to purchase one just for this game, even if it’s really expensive here in my country to own one.

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 11:59 am

No keyboard and mouse support for the PS4. We have been working on making it a great gameplay experience with the Dualshock 4. If you get a chance to check it out, send us some feedback. We are constantly doing playtests and tweaking the controls to make it intuitive for the controller.

shayan_03 said:

January 7th, 11:39 am

So close to closed beta hope I get it (if I don’t I quit gaming just kidding)

JDny7 said:

January 7th, 11:41 am

I have been playing Planetside 2 for a little over a year and the game is one of the best first person shooters I have ever played and if you like big battles this game has it. I am looking forward to playing it on the PS4. Keep up the good work SOE.

Grimsters_ said:

January 7th, 11:44 am

Been waiting for this one, can’t wait! TR represent! I wonder how flying my mosquito will feel in comparison to PC.

SpeckTech said:

January 7th, 11:44 am

signed up months ago, but forgot and signed up again? hopefully it won’t effect anything since it’s chronological

ShaukDotDJ said:

January 7th, 11:44 am

Signed up, hope I get in! :)

UpF1st said:

January 7th, 11:47 am

I bought a PS4 mainly for Planetside 2 and I’m sure it will be worth the wait. I’m so glad they took the extra time and didn’t release it before it was ready. It’s going to be a great year for gaming! #PS2onPS4 FTW! (:

shayan_03 said:

January 7th, 11:49 am

L

oo7PorscheMGS said:

January 7th, 11:49 am

I’ve been curious to see if this game would work (well) on PS4… thousands of players, …I hope this game shows Destiny what a true online experience should be like. Destiny felt too disconnected (can’t even talk to people in the supposed “social” area called the tower, and couldn’t even talk to your own teammates in the “team” based competitive online mode unless you added everyone you played with to your fireteam. Lets hope this game has great online FEATURES and minimal lag – it looks good!

XxundeadjayxX said:

January 7th, 11:54 am

Fingers crossed I get into the beta. This games been on my radar since I’ve heard about it’s future release on the ps4!

concrete554 said:

January 7th, 11:58 am

ooh yeahh, im really looking forward to playing this, hopefully it will be as fun as M.A.G was when it was still alive

mscoolmusic said:

January 7th, 12:00 pm

Awesome !

blase-of-fire said:

January 7th, 12:00 pm

I signed up for the beta a month ago. When the sign ups started. Do I have a high chance to get in?

FuneralxDirector said:

January 7th, 12:01 pm

Why does it tell me invalid email, I know it’s my right email address I have tried numerous times… Help?

FuneralxDirector said:

January 7th, 12:04 pm

Nvm I got it to go through.. Ha thanks hope I get in

Steel_Cub said:

January 7th, 12:07 pm

Thank you so much! Been hyped for this game for over a year.

1+ Higby, Smedley and the rest of the planetside team! will see you in the ps2 beta and forums. Freedom to the NC!!!

LiquidSnake268 said:

January 7th, 12:08 pm

hey Clint Worley, if i enter the same email 2 or 3 time is it the first time i have submiited it that will count for the chronological order ?

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 1:16 pm

Your first email will be the one we use for the invite.

Steel_Cub said:

January 7th, 12:09 pm

@LiquidSnake268

would like to know this as well.

Had to make sure i typed in my email every couple of weeks since PSX.

blackened1981 said:

January 7th, 12:16 pm

when can we sign up ?

Steel_Cub said:

January 7th, 12:18 pm

@blackened1981

The link is in the blog “sign up through our website”

Here is the Link: https://www.planetside2.com/ps2onps4

Baby_Groot said:

January 7th, 12:21 pm

I bought the ps4 for this!!!! I am sure ill be one of the first one’s to get the invite (Hopefully), I signed up as the sign ups went live. I have never played PS2 but the amount of videos I have seen of this game on youtube and twitch is a little concerning. I know how I am going to spend my certs on each class without even owning the pc version. PS2 team, You made me wait a looooong time, and im soooo happy the wait is finally over!!!!!! Im sure you guys have done an awesome job in the translation of the PC version to the PS4.

Vanu Addict in the making.

sir_swiftknight said:

January 7th, 12:27 pm

signed up cant wait to get in on planetside 2 it looks amazing HOORAH!!

FncyManSxyBeard said:

January 7th, 12:33 pm

Ready to see how well this game runs on the Playstation. I want the console to be used to the best of its abilities!

IIL0YDII said:

January 7th, 12:33 pm

Can you transfer PC character to PS4? I dedicated much time to your game on PC.

Clint Worley's Avatar

Clint Worley said:

January 7th, 1:18 pm

No transferring of characters. We want the playing field to be level when the game starts on the PS4. Thanks for your support on our PC product and I look forward to seeing you on the PS4 battlefield!

Kampcast said:

January 7th, 12:42 pm

I am totally excited for this. Just got my PS4 for Xmas

Miwwa86 said:

January 7th, 12:47 pm

Been waiting for this since it was annouced. Goodbye BF4.._.. Well if I get a invite that is.

Miwwa86 said:

January 7th, 12:55 pm

Anyone know what beta FPS are gonna be?

Steel_Cub said:

January 7th, 1:05 pm

Will we be able to “pre-load” Planetside 2 before the Beta starts?

How big will the file size be for Planetside 2 on PS4?

Will the new battle island map be in the Beta?

Will we be able to spend $$$ in the Beta?

Thank you for the response! (if any)

PAGE 1 2 3 5