Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 23

Jan 23

Life is Strange: How to Rewind Time

Luc Baghadoust's Avatar Posted by Producer, Life Is Strange

Hello from all of the DONTNOD development team. :)

We’re still hard at work at the studio but would like to share the second Life is Strange Dev Diary for you to see more of the game we’ve been creating here in Paris.

This second video from the three part series is called The Butterfly Effect, and it explains everything you need to know about Max’s ability to rewind time — including how the concept originated and exactly how rewinding time in Life is Strange works.

If you want to ask us any questions about the game we’re hosting a Reddit AMA on Tuesday, January 27th at 6:00am Pacific / 2:00pm UK time. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for all the support and kind comments so far. The first episode is being released in just 7 days and counting, the wait for Life is Strange is almost over and we can’t wait to hear what you think.

Add Your Own

fudgenasty21 said:

January 23rd, 5:07 am

and of course i can’t use the 10% off code on this game, which is the only thing I’m buying from psn for a while, screw you sony

BarryBallache said:

January 23rd, 5:11 am

Yeah screw you Sony for giving us 10% off for something that wasnt your fault and for bringing this game to my preferred platform so I can enjoy it. And screw you for givng me free ps plus games in addition to the service I subscribe to as well. In fact, screw you for letting me have such a wide ranging choice of excellent games to choose from too.

Or you know, sarcasm.

bedatguy said:

January 23rd, 5:12 am

I can’t to see how this game works and plays!! Definitely gonna buy a season pass. :)

dkarlowicz10 said:

January 23rd, 5:13 am

Wow. I never heard of this game until now, it looks amazing. I am very much interested and can’t wait for it.

Tigercml said:

January 23rd, 5:17 am

Will this game be available for preorder and preload on Tuesday or will it be added to the PSN store on Friday the 30th? I hope we don’t have to wait until the PSN store updates on Tuesday Feb 3rd to buy the game. Regardless I look forward to playing. The game looks great. Keep up the good work. And I can’t wait to hear more about Vampyre.

bedatguy said:

January 23rd, 5:30 am

@Tigercml They tweeted it would be out on the 30th, no preorders on console tho. We just don’t know what time it’ll be live.

phoenixkissme_PA said:

January 23rd, 5:39 am

Stop posting these kind of stuff, just post the 10% discount code, JP PlayStation already posted the discount code even on their store

chavez1138 said:

January 23rd, 6:00 am

@7 this is a post from Luc Baghadoust (the producer of this game), this is not the place to complain about the discount.

chavez1138 said:

January 23rd, 6:01 am

any news about a season pass and price?

billyok said:

January 23rd, 6:06 am

Very much looking forward to this. I loved Remember Me so I have no qualms about picking this up next week.

Sorry about all the overgrown manchildren in the comments.

saab01 said:

January 23rd, 6:11 am

Looks like a nice game will definantly give it a go once it releases. I like the idea of rewinding time and changing the past while playing the game.

rhinosana said:

January 23rd, 6:20 am

It reminds me of Time Travelers, which I played on PSP, I quite enjoyed the story! looking forward to playing this one.

Bellalara said:

January 23rd, 6:24 am

So much people mad about the 10% discount o: This game looks great though :)

opikal said:

January 23rd, 6:56 am

Worth the $4.99 gamble I’m sure.

chavez1138 said:

January 23rd, 7:06 am

ok, so this is the way they are doing it:

$4.99 – Life is Strange Episode 1
$16.99 – Life is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
$19.99 – Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)

I’m going to wait for reviews of episode 1 and hopefully buy the Season Pass (1-5)

italodancemp3 said:

January 23rd, 7:16 am

Life is Strange Must come to PS Vita, what a pity the producers wanna ignore it,

The_Codefinder said:

January 23rd, 7:58 am

I never knew about this game until recently Video Games Awesome (youtube / farfromsubtle) showed off the latest trailer in their Show & Trailer episode. Looks pretty intriguing!

KidGreengene said:

January 23rd, 8:04 am

@13.. To me, the people that are bothered because now rather than using the code on a game they genuinely wanted, they now need to either not use it or to use it on a game they weren’t intending to get right now. I think they have a point as it is a let down.
To me, it was a missed opportunity. I don’t believe in pre-ordering anymore but I was going to pre-order The Order with this to save the $6. Now I simply won’t use my 10% off as I don’t want anything that is out right now and I will wait on reviews and then possibly a price drop. No worries or anger, though. I got 99 problems but First World ain’t one :)

RICARDwO said:

January 23rd, 8:41 am

Where are the codes of American PSN discounts ?

PanTheMan16 said:

January 23rd, 9:34 am

This looks really nice. If today is any indication, with Life is Strange and Silence, 2015 is going to be an amazing year for gaming.

pretty_senshi said:

January 23rd, 9:47 am

I’m so excited for Life is Strange. Remember Me is one of my favorite games on the Ps3 and I can’t wait to see what DONTNOD will do with this game. I’ll definitely be picking up the complete season…

and if you release a physical disc, I’ll be picking that up as well. Thank you again.

p.s. if any devs read this: I know it’s just kind of a little detail, but I want to say thank you for Nilin. I have the same skin color as her and it wasn’t until after I beat the game that I realized how much something small like that affected me. It felt very nice, and I was happy in a way I didn’t think I could be in a video game.

I hope Life is Strange is a great success for you.

MakoSoul said:

January 23rd, 11:25 am

I was hoping for a Season Pass pre-order. I pre-ordered Remember Me to support Dontnod, and I want to do the same here.

Let us pre-order!

Figboy said:

January 23rd, 11:32 am

I also loved Remember Me, and I’m really interested in this one. Speaking of Remember Me, man, it’d be great to get a PS4 Definitive Edition one day…hint hint…

whereymyconary said:

January 23rd, 1:11 pm

I’m really interested, remember me was a really neat game with some massive faults. But I think a more adventure game style structure it work a lot better for this development team. Waiting till reviews can’t stand the episodic system, I’ll wait till they are all released to get it. Don’t like waiting. I grew up on Netflix.

The_Zombanana said:

January 23rd, 1:25 pm

This looks really interesting!! Especially b/c Remember Me is one of my all time favorites when it comes to the setting/story and writing in general, and a lot of the non-combat features were amazing. So this type of game instead looks like it’ll be all-around amazing.

Xerxes-9000 said:

January 24th, 2:06 am

Really enjoyed Remember Me (but I found the time rewinding sequences tedious) so I will keep my eye on this game.

OmniYobni said:

January 24th, 3:58 am

Wow, this game not even about killing someone, that’s a good start! Looking forward to this one!

Strangeheaven said:

January 24th, 5:23 am

This game looks like it was made for early ps3 years I cant believe this is a ps4 game. The character models look very bad,just look at that hair! It’s something you would expect from a lego game. Camera also looks very wonky.

Passing on this defo.

GamingwithADD said:

January 24th, 6:01 am

Well #28 You’re definitely entitled to your opinion. Hopefully one day you won’t revere graphics as the #1 selling point in a game.

I should also mention that this is for PS3 and xbox 360(as well as one) so yes you are probably seeing last generation graphics. So what. Shame you are ready to just abandon everything about the PS3 straight away.

Crosaith said:

January 24th, 7:01 am

Looks pretty awesome. It sucks that your forced to play as a woman though. :/

Gumbydunzeeto said:

January 24th, 9:35 am

No disc, no sale.

XOX010XOX said:

January 25th, 2:39 pm

This looks pretty neat. Thanks, Luc, for sharing a developer’s perspective.

Eliphaz said:

January 26th, 3:47 pm

Looks amazing my girlfriend i s even excited about this 1. Don’t nod thanks for the diary dev diarys rok, you guys are awsome.

Notserp2814 said:

January 27th, 10:00 pm

I’ll definitely pick this up. It’s nice to see new fresh games come out instead of the endless FPS and zombie/horror games as of late.

I’m very tempted to just play through once from start to end without reversing time and beat the game that way. Then start over and let myself rewind time when I want.

I’ll also be interested if there is a “perfect” ending to this where everyone wins and is happy at the end since it’s dealing with actions and consequences.

slim5219 said: