God of War

Mar 19

Mar 19

Bloodborne: Customize Your Weapons

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar Posted by Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio

Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re just a few days away from the launch of Bloodborne, and the team at Japan Studio and From Software couldn’t be more excited about the fans finally getting to experience this game for yourselves. To tide you over these last few days, I’m here to share some brand new information about some of the game’s customization and leveling, as well as the 90-second extended cut of our TV commercial.

If you caught our preview of the first 18 minutes of the game during the IGN First coverage in February, you know that the main hub that players will use as their home base is the Hunter’s Dream. Find lanterns spread throughout Yharnam to return to the Hunter’s Dream at any time.

In the Hunter’s Dream, you’ll be able to purchase items, level up your character by speaking to the Doll, repair and upgrade your weapons (more on that below), and get useful advice from Gehrman, the old man in the wheelchair.

The main currency in Bloodborne is called Blood Echoes, which you can earn by hunting beasts and more. Use Blood Echoes to purchase items from the shop in the Hunter’s Dream, or even repair and strengthen your weapons. In your adventures, you’ll soon come across special items called Blood Gems, which can be attached to weapons in order to increase their attack power and even add special characteristics to your weapons.

Bloodborne, LanternBloodborne, Weapon Custom

In the Hunter’s Dream, you can also interact with the Memory Altar in order to memorize special Caryll Runes to upgrade your character. Some runes may allow you to carry more items in your inventory, or boost the amount of Blood Echoes you receive from each beast you hunt down, allowing you to customize your hunter however you see fit.

I don’t want to give away any more information so as to not spoil any major surprises for you. But I do have one cool piece news for those of you who have an official PlayStation Gold, Silver or Pulse Elite headset: on March 24, open your Headset Companion App to download a custom Bloodborne Audio Mode that’s been tuned specifically to bring the unique world of Yharnam to life.

Bloodborne, Hunter

The hunt begins March 24th. See you soon.

Add Your Own

XtemmA2 said:

March 19th, 10:07 am

Bloodborne audio mode? That is good news for me! yay.

Bellalara said:

March 19th, 10:09 am

Can’t wait for this game!!!

Orejillz said:

March 19th, 10:09 am

Extremely excited for this game. Can’t wait!

jchill001 said:

March 19th, 10:14 am

I have the ps gold headset, what is this headset companion app?

Mega-Sackman said:

March 19th, 10:16 am

Audio Mode wins.

loakum said:

March 19th, 10:19 am

I already know who my created character will be of, and I already know what name I’m gonna choose. Now all I have to do is wait…

Goldanas said:

March 19th, 10:23 am

Good to see the Pulse Elites are still getting audio modes! I was worried you’d abandoned it as the Destiny audio profile never came over (even though I believe you guys said it was coming). So here’s hoping this one does actually come to the Pulse Elites!

Also, could you guys put the GTAV profile onto the PS4 companion app, like it is in the PS3 version. There’s an option in the PS4 version of the game to change the sound profile to Pulse Elites hardware profile, and it’d be great if the software profile was easier to get to rather than having to go between the two systems (which also wipes out any PS4 games you had on there).

Thanks!

zingakun said:

March 19th, 10:24 am

Yay! Custom audio mode!

Caryll Runes seems like Rings in Dark Souls.

@jchill001: headset companion app is an app you can get in the PS Store to able able to chance the audio modes on your headset.

tusunami said:

March 19th, 10:25 am

Collectors edition hear I come!!!!!!

lisatsunami said:

March 19th, 10:27 am

I was so hoping for a special audio mode. It would be criminal oversight not to have one for the flagship PS4 game. If you’re not using a headset for FromSoft’s games, you don’t know what you’re missing. I used my Gold on Dark Souls 2 and suddenly heard a lot of things I never heard from just the TV speakers.

@4jchill, you have to have a PS4 for the app. Go to PS4 store and download it. Then you have to select the special “modes” you want.

Very, very excited about Bloodborne. My digital download clock is ticking down, ever so slowly.

lisatsunami said:

March 19th, 10:29 am

Btw, I played the alpha all 3 times, and tried different builds, but that convertible cleaver is very likely the most awesome melee weapon in any game, anywhere.

Sharingan_itachi said:

March 19th, 10:33 am

Garbage. Copycat of Soul Sacrifice Delta.

tehkeemo said:

March 19th, 10:34 am

w000000t, its coming!

CrusaderForever said:

March 19th, 10:35 am

This game screams for me to create a Van Helsing character! Serioiusly, only 5 days to go! I am ready to die a lot!

TomHoang said:

March 19th, 10:36 am

Got my collector’s edition pre-ordered. Also, great news about the custom audio mode!

MakoSoul said:

March 19th, 10:36 am

Yes! Audio mode! SO. MUCH. HYPE.

KidGreengene said:

March 19th, 10:38 am

This game looks amazing to me! But having such a huge backlog of recent games (Mordor, LBP3, DA:I) and never having played a Souls game before, I will probably wait. Let me know how it is on the 24th, guys!!

lisatsunami said:

March 19th, 10:44 am

KidGreen, DA:I is great, on PS4. Souls games are better. I’ve played all of them. Having a FromSoft game on PS4, and soon a reboot of Dark Souls 2, should tempt you.

Djent_Maven said:

March 19th, 10:45 am

Miyazaki said it was HP Lovecraft meets Dracula! My god I cant wait any longer. My countdown is going in slow motion. This game, Witcher 3 and MGSV in the same year…that is awesome.

cmdluke said:

March 19th, 11:00 am

Oh man the wait is killing me. And a custom audio setting?!? Even better. This game will consume my soul.

udontneed2know26 said:

March 19th, 11:08 am

Its unfair to the rest of the development community for the GOTG to release so soon!

LukeinDeidre said:

March 19th, 11:44 am

My favorite trailer so far.

I haven’t slept in days; can’t calm the excitement for Souls #4.

MarinoBrea said:

March 19th, 11:59 am

LET’S DO THIS! WHERE’S THE HYPE?! LET THE BLOOD CLEANSE YOU!

MakoSOLIDER said:

March 19th, 12:39 pm

Yes an Audio Mode! It honestly makes a serious difference!

Crazymanwalking1 said:

March 19th, 12:42 pm

Its cool that From is giving us a Audio profile for Bloodborne and all but I still have my doubts about this game (I’ve never played a “From Software” game mind you) The only reason i pre-ordered this is because i cancelled my copy of the mediocre “Order:1886” and i needed to put my money down for something else.

lanmao said:

March 19th, 12:48 pm

Bloodborne audio mode!

Welmosca said:

March 19th, 12:51 pm

Gotta say that at the announcement on E3 I wasn’t excited about Bloodborne but at each trailer released my interest for it kept growing and growing,and I’m really glad that the game is more focused on action ala hack n’ slash.I will definitely buy Bloodborne sometime this year…looking forward to play it.And its JapanStudio so quality is guaranteed.Awesome trailer BTW.

SeanStrange said:

March 19th, 12:57 pm

Can’t wait to get in on some action in Bloodbrone, it’s gonna be sick!

ERC1980 said:

March 19th, 1:04 pm

hi masaaki, will there be bloodborne avatars on the psn store when the game launches?

i want to deck out my profile with some sweet bloodborne avys!

D-Squad3 said:

March 19th, 1:44 pm

So close!

DrApollo said:

March 19th, 1:49 pm

Any word on a photo mode?

Solkahn said:

March 19th, 2:48 pm

@DrApollo In the Alpha, the HUD could be disabled, and I imagine you could use the Share button to screen cap what you’re interested in. But I haven’t heard of anything more involved, ala DriveClub’s photo mode.

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

March 19th, 4:14 pm

When is the PS4 getting External Hard Drive Support? It’s far more important than video chat. Please hurry up and support External Hard Drives. Not everyone has fast internet and can redownload load these massive games quickly. Not to mention the patches and the lack of delete-able DLC. If the Xbox one wasn’t inferior I’d be buying my games there because it supports External Hard Drives. GET ON IT SONY!!!

whereymyconary said:

March 19th, 7:35 pm

Haha soul sacrifice delta copy. (苦笑)it not like soul sacrifice was a copy of monster hunter or anything. And I’m pretty sure demon, dark souls and dark souls 2 might have come out before delta. Just maybe.

Anyways very excited. I loved dark souls until blight town, where I just got lost and died a lot. Hoping for none of that here, the getting frustrated cause of it part. Fine with the dying. That’s half then fun. My goal is to just beat the game.

RED-R1GHT-HAND said:

March 19th, 8:02 pm

Seriously, I haven’t been this excited for a game in quite some time. Demon’s Souls is my personal favorite of the series, and his looks to have that darker tone present in Boletaria and Tower Of Latria.

It also seems to be blending the Nexus(Hunters Refuge)with the interconnected world of Dark.

Best of both worlds. I can’t wait!!!

spacemonkeyham said:

March 19th, 8:03 pm

Just wish that notched cleaver was a giant straight razor . . . I guess I’ll have to pretend.

Zair_XZ said:

March 19th, 8:12 pm

“official PlayStation Gold, Silver or Pulse Elite headset: on March 24, open your Headset Companion App to download a custom Bloodborne Audio Mode”

YES. I was looking for details on this recently with no such luck for information. My worst fear was that The Gold/Silver would get profiles but the Elites wouldn’t. (I’m looking at your Destiny). Thank you Sony & From Software for this support.

davidxraw said:

March 19th, 10:39 pm

Can we get a demo and possibly a PS Plus offer for rain on the PS3? By the way thank you for Puppeteer. That was an incredible experience.

gearhead32 said:

March 20th, 12:25 am

I can’t wait to get my pre-ordered copy on Tuesday.
@12 Feel free to quit trolling.

medenko1975 said:

March 20th, 12:56 am

Demo please?

Riechvant22 said:

March 20th, 7:16 am

CANT WAIT

SignumOne said:

March 20th, 8:34 am

I have a feeling this is going to be the first next-gen game that’s going to live up to the hype.

GhostX1984 said:

March 20th, 12:13 pm

So hyped! This game is gonna be so awesome. Only a few more days to go now…

OnTheBus666 said:

March 20th, 1:40 pm

Gonna make a vampire hunter d type character, hopefully we can be some kind of vampire

EasonIsYourDaddy said:

March 20th, 6:57 pm

lol iam 手残

nathansames said:

March 21st, 5:26 am

So i need a smart phone to get custom audio modes on a headset i bought? lame setup.

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

Steve Schwartz said:

March 24th, 1:54 pm

Hi nathansames,

A smart phone is not required. If you have a PlayStation Gold, Silver or PULSE Elite headset and the Headset Companion App you have access to all the custom audio modes.