God of War

Mar 23

Mar 23

Game of Thrones Episode 3 Out Tomorrow on PS4, PS3

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by Senior Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

Very busy and exciting times for Telltale this month! Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2 — Atlas Mugged launched just last week, and today we can announce a HUGE surprise…

This week, you’ll be able to play Game of Thrones Episode 3 — The Sword in the Darkness! The episode is out tomorrow, Tuesday March 24th for PS4 and PS3 via PlayStation Store in North America.

Check out the trailer below for a little taste of what’s coming up in Episode 3 — The Sword in the Darkness. If you’re not quite up to date on the season so far, beware of spoilers! If you are up to date, just beware of dragons…

Still here and all caught up on the season? Good. So what else can we share about what House Forrester is up to in Episode 3? As ever, we wouldn’t want to spoil too much… but we can share a few details on where your favorites are. Asher, the exile, heads to Mereen in search of an army to take on the Whitehills. Meanwhile, far across land and sea in Westeros, Mira must deal with the lethal politics of King’s Landing. Her family’s safety is paramount and she will do anything to protect them, but nothing is given freely, and her choice of allies may soon come to haunt her.

To the North, in Ironrath, the Whitehill occupation continues. Gryff Whitehill, fourth-born son, is out to prove himself, and brutality and violence grows daily, pushing the Forresters to make far-reaching decisions. Finally, at the Wall, Gared learns that he must head north if he is to help his house survive. But fate is cruel, and you’ll be forced to make choices that will change his path forever.

Game of Thrones Episode ThreeGame of Thrones Episode Three

It’s a gripping episode, and with so much of the table set now that players have a firm idea on who they’ll be playing as (and who is still alive), we’re excited for everyone to dive in for more! It’s the third of six episodes, our biggest series yet, and once finished we’ve officially hit the halfway mark. The response to the game series has been incredible, and we’re always excited to see fans getting into the story! Remember, all of the game’s events take place in the time leading up to the start the fifth season of HBO’s award-winning television drama, returning in April!

You’ll be able to purchase the episode individually for $4.99, or purchase the season pass for $24.99 to get access to Episodes 1-6 as they launch on PlayStation Store.

Thanks to all of you who’ve been playing Telltale’s games! Be sure to let us know your thoughts on our latest in the comments below.

Add Your Own

SiloEyes said:

March 23rd, 10:07 am

B-but… Bloodborne.. ;_;

zingakun said:

March 23rd, 10:12 am

Whoah, GREAT surprise!

Keep surprising me, I really don’t mind! ;D

rafael_martines said:

March 23rd, 10:14 am

Jesus… 3 episodes to go…

Hope for the full version on Xmas

eggmiester28 said:

March 23rd, 10:30 am

I wasn’t expecting this game to be so fast but i am glad to see coming out this month.

MakaiOokami said:

March 23rd, 10:31 am

Hopefully this will download properly to Tell Tale Collection holders, because there were some issues with downloading the games.

I actually had to go onto my PC and in my downloads and force the PS4 to download via that method in order to get Wolf Among Us downloaded.

It’s a pain… Episode 2 of Tales of Borderlands Series didn’t want to download correctly either.

I finally got it. Don’t remember how, but it was showing “Buy Now $4.99” instead of “Download”

Maybe they fixed it and have it all working, now, but if Tell Tale is seeing this people were having issues. I think trying to find a solution I found out that Xbox One users were having the same issue. So hopefully this will be the last post on said issues, and from here on out it’s fixed.

I apologize if my post detracts at all from the awesome, that this episode will likely be, I’m just explaining that some people were experiencing issues playing said awesomeness, if they bought the full collection, especially if they only downloaded a few episodes (bandwidth cap crap) at time of checkout.

opikal said:

March 23rd, 10:40 am

I wish they would do tales from the borderlands this fast. Life is strange is also tomorrow.

KazeEternal said:

March 23rd, 10:57 am

ooo exciting.

Korahn27 said:

March 23rd, 11:38 am

still waiting for Playstation to offer a sale on this as other platforms have.

remedyclarity said:

March 23rd, 11:53 am

Woah, was not expecting this, looks like i’m gonna play Life is Strange and GoT on Tuesday :D

Satnamji said:

March 23rd, 12:52 pm

I shied away from this game when first announced, fearing spoilers for the book and TV show. Now that I’ve watched through season 3 of the HBO series and am one-third through book 4, A Feast for Crows, would I be safe from spoilers if I start this game from episode 1?

BrianC6234 said:

March 23rd, 1:07 pm

That was fast. I hope episode three of Tales from the Borderlands is that fast. We shouldn’t have to wait four months between episodes on that one.

MakaiOokami said:

March 23rd, 3:21 pm

@10 the game takes place from season 3 through season 5. Episode 1 is entirely safe for you.

lauboyd121 said:

March 23rd, 10:27 pm

wow, this game looks amazing…

Chrabbey said:

March 24th, 6:43 am

Can’t wait to play these on my Vita!

…Um, there is a Vita release coming soon, right? RIGHT?!?!

soldiercell said:

March 24th, 7:30 am

Episodes need to release sooner. I haven’t played a TellTale game until all episodes are out until now. Way to big of a release gap per episode.

thenthomwaslike said:

March 24th, 7:58 am

What time can I start the download for this? It’s March 24th and it says I still can’t play it

EL_GuaPo22683 said:

March 24th, 10:51 am

+thenthomwaslike,
Make sure your sitting down before I drop this bombshell on ya. You won’t be able to download GoT’s episode 3 until 2pm Pacific/5pm Eastern, that’s what time PSN updates it’s marketplace.

P.S. To bad PSN isn’t more like the Xbox marketplace which updating their marketplace really early

ConvolutionSpec said:

March 24th, 1:15 pm

But….I’m playing Bloodbourne……

plaztiksyke said:

March 24th, 1:25 pm

is Game of Thrones coming to Vita? It looks like Wolf Among Us corrected a lot of the jerkiness on PS3/Vita that Walking Dead had, so I’m looking forward to more TellTale games on Vita.

also, I’d love to see Poker Night at the Inventory 1 & 2 come to PS4/Vita!

Still disappointed we never got Wallace & Gromit on PlayStation platforms at all :/

plaztiksyke said:

March 24th, 1:26 pm

Also, the TellTale wikipedia page lists Tales of the Borderlands as coming out on Vita (makes sense given the Borderlands 2 pack-in). is that still coming out? I can’t find the VIta version of Tales from the Borderlands on the Vita or web PS store.