Knack 2

Apr 19

Apr 19

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/21/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

With mighty ShovelBlade in hand and a yearning for his lost love, the ever-honest Shovel Knight sets out to defeat the Enchantress and overcome the terrible foes belonging to The Order of No Quarter! The critically-acclaimed, retro platformer Shovel Knight is on the way to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. For Shovelry!

Steeped in retro love and powered by a jamming soundtrack, Shovel Knight invites players into a classic adventure of lost love and hidden dangers. Guide Shovel Knight through a series of themed stages and take on memorable bosses in order to amass riches, enhance his inventory, and defeat the Enchantress! Shovel Knight on PlayStation features a very special cameo from the one and only Kratos, the God of War. Prepare!

Feeling stealthy? Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China is also just days away on PS4. Travel to 1526 China as the Ming dynasty begins to crumble. As the final Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood, exact revenge and witness the end of an empire.

And in the world of entertainment, check out music from Passion Pit, Alabama Shakes, and Imagine Dragons. Or watch the critically-acclaimed historic drama Selma.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Infinity Runner
LA Cops
Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty
Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
Shovel Knight
Ziggurat

New PlayStation Games This Week

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
PS4 — Digital
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China takes place in China, 1526, as the Ming dynasty starts to crumble. You embody Shao Jun, the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood, returning to her homeland with a vendetta.
Infinity Runner
PS4 — Digital
The Infinity is the largest spaceship ever built by mankind, flung into the void of space to secure humanity a new home amongst the stars. However, instead of discovering paradise, the inhabitants of The Infinity unlocked the door to a long forgotten nightmare.
LA Cops
PS4 — Digital
“Listen Up! This city is being overrun by low life and filth. It’s time to toughen up, fight back. Lets forget the rules and start cleaning up these streets, our way. There’s a lot of bad guys out there so I don’t want you going in alone. Partner up and remember: in LA Cops, your Buddies always got ya back”.
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee — New ‘N’ Tasty
PS3 — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)
Explore ancient ruins, dodge carnivorous beasts, and avoid trigger-happy hunting parties as Abe, the original Oddworld hero in this lovingly re-crafted take on PlayStation classic Abe’s Oddysee. Once a happy floor waxer in Oddworld’s biggest meat processing plant, Abe stumbles across his boss’s secret plan.
Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
PS Vita — Digital
Completely re-worked for PS Vita, play as Umihara Kawase — a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line, and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel, and more.
Shovel Knight
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)
Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic created by Yacht Club Games. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this valley with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved.
Ziggurat
PS4 — Digital
Dungeon-crawling first-person shooter at its finest! Fast-paced combat! Dozens of perks, spells and enemies! Level ups! Random Dungeons! Traps! Badass bosses! Carrots! Ziggurat is one of the best combinations of FPS and Rogue-LITE you have ever seen.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:05 am

Enjoy the Drop!

KazeEternal said:

April 19th, 9:16 am

Oh good Shovel Knight is a 3 way cross buy. Cross Save?

been flying around for job interviews a lot and it would be nice to get off a long flight to be able to continue where I left off on my PS4 after I settle in.

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:27 am

Good luck with the job interviews! ^_^

celsius_ftw said:

April 19th, 9:16 am

What? No PS1 or PS2 classics this week? *sadface*

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:27 am

Shovel Knight is an homage to a classic! :-D

WAHDAWi-UAE said:

April 19th, 9:16 am

Shovel knight , infinty runner & ACC for me !

goreUAC said:

April 19th, 9:17 am

Shovel Knight!!!

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:28 am

I know I’ve been so pumped.

DeathGazer said:

April 19th, 9:18 am

Shovel Knight, cool. I finally get to see what the hooplah is all about.

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:28 am

Me too, I’ve been waiting for the PlayStation version…

JGfan24 said:

April 19th, 9:18 am

When is riptide Gp2 coming to PS4

janusfilmsfan said:

April 19th, 9:22 am

Whoa! Ziggurat? That’s pretty rad. Didn’t know that was even coming out!

TellEveryone said:

April 19th, 9:24 am

Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight.

That is all.

SeanStrange said:

April 19th, 9:31 am

Shovel Knight and Assassins Creed Chronicles: China for me. What a great drop!

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:31 am

Excellent! Thanks for stopping in.

PhenixNguyen- said:

April 19th, 9:32 am

Nothing great this week. But that’s ok, thanks to the Flash Sales I have some extra games to keep me busy for a while, a long with Bloodborne until The Witcher 3 comes out. Love those FLASH SALES SONY!!! KEEP THEM COMING!!!

DiddyWaDiddy said:

April 19th, 9:36 am

Early drop is early. :D

The-Boogie-Man80 said:

April 19th, 9:41 am

Cool cool!

ShadowStar83x said:

April 19th, 9:42 am

Shovel Knight for me.

ashastri17 said:

April 19th, 9:45 am

Disgaea 2 sale plz

Renan_Acid said:

April 19th, 9:47 am

Ryan, you seem to be the only guy who answers our questions here, so I’m gonna ask you what a lot of people want to know:
Can we please get Crash and Spyro’s PS1 Classics on the PS Vita? I know you guys don’t own the franchises, but can you PLEASE make a deal with Activi$ion so we can play these games on it? Europe and Japan have been able to do so for ages. At least give us an answer.

Ryan Clements said:

April 19th, 9:56 am

Thanks for the question! I wish I had insight into those inquiries but really those workings are far above me. >_< Sorry I can't help more!

quicksilver524 said:

April 19th, 9:48 am

Guess it’s time to sell the vita. I read salt and sanctuary isn’t coming till maybe August. That’s about all I see exciting coming.

Monterossa said:

April 19th, 9:48 am

why did they decide to release Sayonara UmiharaKawase + the same time as Shovel Knight? too bad it’s gonna be buried by that shovel.

THX2068 said:

April 19th, 9:49 am

Shovel Knight! Oh, Yeah!!!!! Been waiting for this on my Vita. Can’t wait. And keep the PS One Classics coming!

hawjboi2009 said:

April 19th, 9:50 am

hey Ryan, do disc/digital require Assassin Creed Chronicle to play ?

Monterossa said:

April 19th, 9:52 am

Hey Ryan, please tell the Vita firmware team that the system keeps notifying me about “The LiveArea screen has been refreshed.” even though I set it to not notify me.

FifthDream said:

April 19th, 10:19 am

Werewoooollllves….. Innnn…. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

gohan16ken said:

April 19th, 10:22 am

1. Please give us 2 step verification on PSN

2. Please link PS Video to Ultraviolet

3. Please allow PayPal to auto fund wallet purchases at checkout

4. Please allow current PS+ users to buy games that they got via IC

5. Please allow games from the website be auto download on the PS3 when it is already on

6. Please allow users to install, save, and backup individual games to external hard drive on the PS3

Thanks.

God-Of-Lyf said:

April 19th, 10:46 am

Looks like a good week for PS4 owners. I’m not much on indies but my kids love Em. I must admit I dug Never Alone maybe it was the videos of enlightenment. Shovel Knight has my interest though…!

SoloWingKiba said:

April 19th, 10:51 am

Just double checking because I got lost in Ubi’s explanation since the Unity chaos. IS Assassin’s Creed China still part of the Unity season pass?

Djent_Maven said:

April 19th, 11:08 am

Hey Ryan is the Evil Within DLC part 2 dropping?

KurosawasGhost said:

April 19th, 11:09 am

Really pleased that I will finally be able to play Shovel Knight….why is Kratos in that picture???? Awesome!

Superstone said:

April 19th, 11:11 am

How about more ps1 & ps2 classics. Make ps2 classics playable on ps4 and Vita

Skater_Ricky said:

April 19th, 11:22 am

Did “Color Guardians” get pushed back for PS4 & PS Vita?

Skater_Ricky said:

April 19th, 11:27 am

Never mind found the reason.

Hi, Color Guardians fans — we’re announcing a new launch date of May 12, 2015 for PS4, Vita, Steam Mac and PC. This should be our last change before the game is ready for you to play! Thank you so much for your patience, and we’ll share our finished game with you soon.
For more details, read here: http://colorguardians.com/letter.html#launch

Nevi901 said:

April 19th, 11:34 am

Kudos to Brian to at least answer the Crash & Spyro question. The other bozos working at SCE or at PSBlog couldn’t even be bothered…

Nevi901 said:

April 19th, 11:34 am

Ryan. lel

CryoStasiS410 said:

April 19th, 11:38 am

i want acc psvita version:(

AsahiSeth said:

April 19th, 12:05 pm

Whoa, they made a remake of Umihara Kawasi!!? I didn’t know that. I loved it on the SNES. Will be picking this up for sure.

Get_It_Together said:

April 19th, 12:09 pm

I had no idea that Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ was releasing this week! I have something to look forward to now!

MakaiOokami said:

April 19th, 12:32 pm

@23
1. 2 Factor Authentication would have to be account wide basically. That’s a lot of infrastructure to add to a lot of products in the backend.

2. That would be nice, but Vudu has been working well enough. They’re just gonna miss out on purchases anyway, since if I’m going to buy it, it’s blu-ray digital copy and DVD if at all possible.

3. Not until 2 factor auth at the very least. If your account is ever hacked this is the worst case scenario.

4. Would be nice for people to give developers money for games they already gave for free… To be honest though PS Plus is such a good deal you’d have to be dead broke to not be able to resub, in which case you probably shouldn’t have double dipped so you could get the next year paid off.

5. I don’t know if this would be possible on the PS3’s limited split RAM (Vita has shared RAM which gives a bit more wiggle room but even then some games have to disable network functions)

6. Are you over 1.5 TB in games? I probably am. They need to add this if they ever stop supporting the PS3. PS Now sub seems to be a bet hedging.

death_nation100 said:

April 19th, 12:43 pm

Why remake that Sayonara game ? It wasn’t release outside of Japan back on the SNES days . In fact why release it here?

camseyeview said:

April 19th, 12:58 pm

I’m hesitant about LA Cops. I love the look of the game, but the mixed reviews are bumming me out :/

Corleone-Kun said:

April 19th, 1:14 pm

Where can I give a suggestion to PS PLUS? I think a PS1 classic should be given every month along the others games of the month. After all,they work on ps3 and PS Vita. And what about old psp games that work on the vita? That would be good too.

saintaqua said:

April 19th, 1:30 pm

Someone needs to make an avatar of Kratos from Shovel Knight!

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

April 19th, 1:30 pm

I am beyond excited to finally do my let’s play on Shovel Knight XD I have been wanting to play it since it was just a Kickstarter but it wasn’t on my system until now :D

Ry-Dog said:

#IntelligentQubeonPSstore

#ApeEscapeonPSstore

#ParappatheRapperonPSstore

#DisneysTarzanPS1onPSstore

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 1:49 pm

@1 – Oh the glory of being a vita/ps4 owner, u can play on the go and then continue playing when u get home. I don’t understand how more ppl don’t see the appeal in this? Remote play as well. If u own a PS4 u need to own vita.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 1:56 pm

The only thing that truly excites me about the AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE shovel knight is the kratos boss and the GoW theme music. I would venture to guess that shovel knight is a good game, nothing more. AC China has intrigued me ever since I heard about it too bad we don’t have a price..

TeamGreen615 said:

April 19th, 2:14 pm

Does Shovel Knight have Platinum Trophy?

@Ry-Dog It’s getting kind of old there buddy. Or should we call you EpicRyDog?

DArkMiDsT said:

April 19th, 2:15 pm

For those of us who pre-ordered The Witcher 3 early before the bundle was announced, how do we upgrade to bundle or get the expansion pass for at discount?

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 2:19 pm

@17 quicksilver – Why is it time to sell the Vita? Ru finished with Helldivers, Oreshika, and nearly all the spring fever games? Axiom Verge is coming to Vita, octodad, resident evil rev 2, mighty no. 9, Severed, tales from borderlands, Broforce, new n tasty, Reaper and way more. Everyone thought Vita was dead and then all these great games just dropped.

OnTheBus666 said:

April 19th, 2:35 pm

Nice I had no idea ziggurat was coming to ps4 and on the same day as shovel knight! Sweet week ahead!

Fuhr31 said:

April 19th, 3:00 pm

There needs to be links to the games’ store page or preview or something.

PAGE 1 2 3