PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 27

Apr 27

The Simpsons Come to Minecraft on PlayStation This Week

Owen Hill's Avatar Posted by Mojang

Hi, I have two announcements for all skin fans on PlayStation.

First, meet Alex!

Minecraft

When most players begin their Minecraft adventure on consoles, there aren’t many skins to choose from. In fact, there’s just Steve and a few variants of him. We like Steve as much as the next crafter, but he doesn’t really represent the diversity of our player base.

That’s why we’ve introduced Alex — she has slightly thinner arms than Steve, but plays exactly the same way as he does. Now, all new players get to choose from eight Steve skins and eight Alex skins, as well as any extra DLC they’ve purchased. This update is completely free, and available for all PlayStation platforms.

MinecraftMinecraft

Oh, and the other thing, we’re also bringing a more familiar set of skins this week: The Simpsons, and a bunch of their closest friends, enemies, and acquaintances are coming to PlayStation. The pack includes the whole family along with Principal Seymour Skinner, Groundskeeper Willie, and everyone’s favourite… Dewey Largo… you know who he is, right?*

There are loads more characters in the pack, too.

Cheers!

*He’s the music teacher dude.

Add Your Own

Sonicfan11589 said:

April 27th, 7:13 am

This will make me play Minecraft again! I also hope for more The Simpsons games. :)

Sonicfan11589 said:

April 27th, 7:19 am

Sorry to go a bit off topic but I LOVE the Simpsons, can’t believe it’s still on after premiering the series a month after my birth. I own all the season DVD’s released so far, sadly i heard the DVD’s won’t continue (I heard it on IGN.com)

dkarlowicz10 said:

April 27th, 7:22 am

My kids can’t wait. How much will it cost?

TeamGreen615 said:

April 27th, 7:38 am

Free! You don’t hear that word very often when talking about DLC. I don’t even think Nelson could laugh at that. Thanks!

pPpPancakes said:

April 27th, 7:43 am

This is great news. I’ve been on a Simpsons marathon from the first to the fifth season. This will fit well with my mood haha.

Chawaphol_Non said:

April 27th, 7:44 am

Oh Yeah!

WayneGauvin said:

April 27th, 7:58 am

Wohoo!
I can finally open up a Moe’s

ibasliansjah said:

April 27th, 8:19 am

When will it be available in PS Store?

Minitaur999 said:

April 27th, 8:29 am

WOW, TOO BAD I’m always broke!!! Love where you’ve taken minecraft, however i’ve been noticing occasional lag. i cant find a horse yet on my current world but i waaaant ooooone! next psn card i get im buying skin and skyrim/fantasy packs. tunno if only skyrim/mass effect have special music, however its rude for their worlds to be forced above players worlds. please take that to heart and keep up the amazing improvements!

if there was a dlc dirt clearing device to speedily level an area for settleming and such i’d pay $9.99 for it. such tedium wastes life lol. the creative amasing… lifedraining minecraft lol! holy cow its 10 hours later!!! best wishes!:)

Craazy said:

April 27th, 8:30 am

No cross buy though right? You should inform us of this up front as I dont like buying things multiple times.

Minitaur999 said:

April 27th, 8:34 am

great joke teamgreen. haaahaa.

um… this week right, so… the store only updates every tuesday fyi ibas (8)

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 8:38 am

Minecraft easter egg in BL2, best ever

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 8:45 am

Every new vita should come with Minecraft, Sony make it happen it’ll help sales. Start a new vita package bundling Minecraft and tearaway together, it would show off the awesome features via tearaway and it would cross promote tearawy unfolded coming to ps4. Oh and a lot of ppl like Minecraft FYI. Do it and we will get vita to 20million in sales.

SinnixZero said:

April 27th, 9:09 am

Yay for more female character options! My daughter will be delighted, thanks! :)

zappajustin said:

April 27th, 9:33 am

Please make it very clear if the Simpon’s DLC is cross-buy or not. The Mass Effect DLC wasn’t clear and I bought it on PS4 and couldn’t play it on Vita. Very disappointing when buying all other DLC that was cross-buy and then having Mass Effect not be. Sony support didn’t care if all the Minecraft DLC is worded the same in the store whether it’s cross-buy or not. Still wouldn’t give me a refund. Any thought on making Mass Effect eventually cross-buy? Not going to make that mistake again and buy non cross-buy DLC.

Yombies said:

April 27th, 11:26 am

You should already know the answer to that question.Minecraft is cross buy for Vita and PS3. All PS4 purchasses are separate

NYPUNK88 said:

April 27th, 11:30 am

cool stuff sony! :)

krae_man said:

April 27th, 11:34 am

NOBODY LOVES MILHOUSE!

TeamGreen615 said:

April 27th, 11:50 am

My mistake, I misread the article. I guess only the first part is free.

DoomsdayTARDIS said:

April 27th, 12:05 pm

Is the dlc actually gonna work when the store updates or are we going to have to wait days like the last few times for our purchases to actually work?

Any ETA on the Doctor Who skins and what not? Really want them. They’ll be a day one purchase for me. So will the Simpsons.

TheKidWithAMic- said:

April 27th, 1:48 pm

So its only for Play Station Or Xbox??? I Got Both The Versions but I Don’t Play The Xbox Version That Much. I Heard That One Is Better.

Yombies said:

April 27th, 1:57 pm

No way! Thats awesome.

Yombies said:

April 27th, 1:57 pm

Micorosoft ownes Minecraft so i can see how that would be the case.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 2:34 pm

How is the xbone version better? I think that is a bunch of rhetoric being spread by Microsoft shills. I think Minecraft pretty much has reached it’s ceiling. I could honestly see someone create something better, effectively turning Minecraft into a forgotten relic – think how everyone loved MySpace and then facebook came along. Not like nobody could replicate the incredible engine which runs Minecraft, it is so old already.

Yombies said:

April 27th, 2:54 pm

Yea but you know how microsoft is with their sequels…Minecraft 2 confirmed

IndyLion said:

April 27th, 3:03 pm

Where is the Star Wars and Doctor Who skin packs? They came out like a year ago on the Xbox 360, why not PS platforms?

Astroking112 said:

April 27th, 3:08 pm

Sony should really get a PS Vita Slim bundle with MineCraft going. Throwing in a great game like Tearaway or LittleBigPlanet Vita would make it even better.

You’ve already done enough bundles with hardcore games, Sony. Making one that’s sure to be popular with kids (And increase chances of parents buying them one) would greatly increase the interested player base, many of which probably never see the Vita.

Maybe then there’ll be a few more players to help persuade a few more devs to keep creating games for this amazing handheld. Nintendo certainly realized that including the younger audience helps, so a “family-friendly” bundle (Instead of the Borderlands 2 one) can’t hurt.

DoomsdayTARDIS said:

April 27th, 3:13 pm

The xbox version has been out a lot longer than the ps3 version. At least a year difference. I know for sure there is much more dlc on there, like the Doctor Who stuff. The xbox may even be a few patches ahead. One day we’ll get caught up. Even though Microsoft owns it now, they’d forever be fools to not support the five million platforms minecraft is on. Heh.

zappajustin said:

April 27th, 3:26 pm

@Yombies maybe I didn’t make it clear. All minecraft dlc including Skyrim mash up is vita, ps3, and ps4 cross buy except… Mass Effect. And the store is not clear, for instance Skyrim and mass effect, whether it is or not.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 4:22 pm

@27 astroking – You literally said the same thing I did, see #13. A Minecraft & Tearaway Vita bundle you had to of gotten that from me.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 4:51 pm

It’s funny that microshaft couldn’t create something original and creative like LBP or Minecraft so they instead just buy Minecraft.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 27th, 5:10 pm

Microsoft also didn’t have anything like uncharted so they throw $ at tomb raider (and lie about it being exclusive). Envious of God of War so they try and fail with ryse. They see how insomniac created a hit on a new system with Resistance FoM so they throw $ at insomniac to make sunset.

Yombies said:

April 27th, 7:04 pm

@zappajustin Skyrim and Mass Effect are not cross buy for all systems. Everything exsept thoes two and the festive pack and skins is cross buy. I found that out by reading * gasp *

Yombies said:

April 27th, 7:14 pm

@ iamtylerdurden1 Am forever A Gears of War fan though! Halo 5 looks like Call of Duty now smh

SRANKObito said:

April 27th, 7:22 pm

Dear playstation,for ps plus may you should put minecraft for ps4,it is a very fun creative game that many people will enjoy!:)

Astroking112 said:

April 27th, 8:03 pm

@30:
Heaven forbid two people having a good idea…?

Anyway, while I might not agree with all of MicroSoft’s decisions, insulting them online isn’t going to do anything. Especially if you want them to work with a competitor to help jumpstart a platform. While I’m quite a bit annoyed at Square Enix’s business practices as of late, I’m not going to try and get them to listen to their fans by trashing them.

I’m just hoping that Sony will try a new younger-oriented bundle for the Vita. I can’t imagine how many parents probably bought a 3DS with Mario grinning on the box for the kids instead of a Vita with the Borderlands 2 guy mimicking shooting himself. Including an insanely popular game to entice a purchase and an extra amazing game to back it up (Plus promote potential upcoming entries) could improve things a little bit.

Of course, this may be entirely wrong, and the financial side of it just wouldn’t make any sense after this much time has passed, and they pretty much confirmed that first party AAA games would stop.

daymimf said:

April 27th, 8:27 pm

This is going to be so sick!!!!!I can’t wait.

daymimf said:

April 27th, 8:27 pm

This is going to be so sick!!!!!I can’t wait.No but seriously it does not cost money.

CoolRichy007UK said:

April 27th, 10:22 pm

Very 1st episode i watched was the 1 where bart did maths on that train n now simpsons ps4 minecraft only one thing to say WOOHOO all we need now is a simpsons minecraft edition with the whole town

CoolRichy007UK said:

April 27th, 10:23 pm

Simpsons skins cost about £3.29 other minecraft skins free

zappajustin said:

April 28th, 9:45 am

@Yombies So you want to be a jerk? apparently your reading comprehension of my post is lacking *gasp*. I KNOW when I bought Skyrim Mashup, that I paid once and got both the Vita and Ps4 version. *BOOM* I was hoping for some interaction from Mojang in the blog, not from people like you.

LavenderMenace said:

April 28th, 10:15 am

This gives me hope that we might see the Star Wars or Doctor Who pack in the future

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 28th, 11:31 am

@30 a stroking – I just found it ironic we had the same idea, the same good idea. Why not trash Microsoft when they are the one’s paying you tubers to pretend to love the xbone and forcing them to never admit they were payed with a non disclosure clause. When they lie about things like tomb raider being an xbone exclusive when it is only a timed exclusive it causes advertising and exposure and it tricks ppl in believing the lie. Many ppl still believe these lies ign left the tomb raider story up for weeks even after it was exposed as fraud. I’m simply trying to counterbalance their bs. I owned the original Xbox and loved fable and I owned a 360 and loved fable2, im no fanboy I just call it as I see it.

Astroking112 said:

April 28th, 5:36 pm

@43:
It’s fine to criticize them, I just think that doing so in a more respectful manner will make your words more likely to be listened to. I’m certainly not a fan of any of the things that you mentioned, but Nintendo and Sony have done countless other questionable things. Besides, if anyone wants a MineCraft Vita bundle, then it’s going to rely on a lot of goodwill from not only Sony, but MicroSoft as well, to make it happen.

dkarlowicz10 said:

April 29th, 2:54 pm

@4: Ha, ha indeed. But not free. $3.99 for the Simpsons pack.

Bogg1000 said:

April 30th, 12:06 pm

Not cross buy like older dlc. I didn’t enjoy finding that out after I’d bought it on the ps4. I will never buy dlc for this game again unless it is cross buy. It was worth the 3.99 when I thought it was cross buy dlc, but it most certainly isn’t when I can’t use it also on my vita and ps3 versions of the game. After all if none of it is cross buy then your some how expecting people to pay nearly 12 dollars for it to be on all the systems. And that is certainly never going to be worth that.

HussamFelimban said:

May 11th, 9:36 pm

The Vita version of Minecraft, which supports PSTV, should also support local multiplayer (Splitscreen) just like the PS3 version (2 controllers, 1 PSTV system). This would be a selling point for the PSTV (and help increase Minecraft sales, too). Just think of it, PSTV is the most affordable console to play the mighty Minecraft, a game I’ve had many friends purchase a console just to play. Please, Sony and Mojang, make this happen, for the sake of PSTV and its owners.

STAKEisCOWS said:

May 17th, 4:47 pm

YUUSSSSSSSSS how much does the pack cost

Jonny_bro25 said: