PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

May 01

May 01

The Last of Us: Left Behind Available as Standalone Download May 12th

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

The team at Naughty Dog is excited that Left Behind, the critically-acclaimed and award-winning single-player chapter to The Last of Us, will be available as a standalone download via PlayStation Store. The Last of Us: Left Behind standalone will be available on both PS4 and PS3 starting May 12th for only $9.99 ($14.99 CAN). We will be dropping the price of the Left Behind Add-on on PS3 to the same price on that day as well.

If you haven’t had a chance yet to check out The Last of Us, this is a nicely priced gateway to checking out the world and characters so many people (and critics) loved. While part of the story of Left Behind takes place during the main narrative arc of The Last of Us, I think some of the best and most touching moments of any game in recent memory occur during the prequel segments, as we follow Ellie and Riley as they sneak out of boarding school to visit an abandoned mall, getting one final chance to enjoy their friendship before Riley leaves to join the Fireflies.

Left Behind

You can get more immersed into the story of Ellie and Riley in The Last of Us: American Dreams comic book, published by Dark Horse, co-written by Faith Erin Hicks and The Last of Us Creative Director Neil Druckmann, with interior art by Faith Erin Hicks. I highly, highly recommend it.

We realize that most of Naughty Dog fans and readers of PlayStation.Blog will have probably already played The Last of Us and maybe even the Left Behind Add-on chapter — if you enjoyed the games, be sure to tell your friends that haven’t played this great introduction to The Last of Us.

We’ve also included a two hour trial of the Factions Multiplayer mode. The Left Behind standalone game will have built-in upgrade paths through the in-game store to both the full Factions experience and/or the full game for The Last of Us.

Below are the details on the upgrade possibilities on both PS4 and PS3 after you already own the Left Behind standalone game.

PS4
Full Factions Multiplayer $9.99 ($14.99 CAN)
Full digital single-player game with Treacherous Territories Map Pack
(if you already own the full Factions Multiplayer)
$29.99 ($24.99 CAN)
Full digital single-player game, Factions Multiplayer Mode, and the Treacherous Territories Map Pack bundle $39.99 ($39.99 CAN)
PS3
Full Factions Multiplayer $9.99 ($9.99 CAN)
Full digital single-player game with Treacherous Territories Map Pack
(if you already own the full Factions Multiplayer)
$19.99 ($14.99 CAN)
Full digital single-player game, Factions Multiplayer Mode, and the Treacherous Territories Map Pack bundle $29.99 ($24.99 CAN)

These prices reflect US and CAN pricing. Please check your local PlayStation Store for regional pricing. We hope to see all you new fans of The Last of Us on May 12th!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Lawlhawk said:

May 1st, 7:14 am

Uh… what?

cusman said:

May 1st, 7:15 am

Good option for someone that bought and played original, but never the Left Behind DLC due to console transition and didn’t want to buy full game again on new console.

jibjab79 said:

May 1st, 7:17 am

Sounds like the game developers from Last of Us is getting low on money.

MisterAxle said:

May 1st, 7:21 am

Yeah, NO. Y’all IGNORE what Arne said.
DO NOT PLAY Left Behind before you complete The Last of Us.
Seriously, freakin’ spoiler central. What the heck, man.

MarinoBrea said:

May 1st, 7:32 am

Critics aren’t people to ND, lol.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:14 am

It was supposed to say FANS. Ah well. They are people too ;)

Bellalara said:

May 1st, 7:39 am

Love you Naughty Dog

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

May 1st, 7:39 am

Pretty cool news actually, I already bought The Last of Us Remastered (no regrets) but this is nice for those who haven’t. Having options is never. Good move as usual Naughty Dog :)

Deadpoolian said:

May 1st, 7:39 am

This is great for me! I played TLOU on PS3, but never played any of the dlc.
I’ve got a PS4 now, so I’ll gladly pick up the standalone of Left Behind for it!

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

May 1st, 7:39 am

never bad*

GoPens35 said:

May 1st, 7:41 am

I wouldn’t be interested in this the remaster was the first game I bought for my Ps4, why would I tell my friends who haven’t played it about this though especially the ones on the Ps4 when I could just point them to cheaper physical copies that offer the full experience?

gohan16ken said:

May 1st, 7:43 am

I have watched over 30 reviews on this game. I watched the all the cutscenes. I watched all the commentaries and documentaries from sony and third person youtubers. I love it but I can’t play it. I played it once for like 30mins and had to stop. I got to the part after Tess dies. I just can not play survival horror games. I am not good at crafting and resource management. I love the game but I dislike playing it. I want to buy the game to support it but I know it will be a waste of money.

jakekoloko001 said:

May 1st, 7:46 am

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The only thing I want from NAUGHTY DOG team is

UNCHARTED 4 beta

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:18 am

Don’t we all!

davidxraw said:

May 1st, 7:46 am

Can we get a demo and a PlayStation Plus download of Left Behind for the PS3?

BlaqMagiq24 said:

May 1st, 7:48 am

I’m just struggling to see the point of this. If you own TLOU Remastered what’s the point of owning this if it’s already on the disc?

Now maybe PS3 I can understand but why buy this standalone when the DLC opens up in the middle of the main game’s events?

Can someone help me out here?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:16 am

It’s for people who don’t have TLOU Remastered and perhaps don’t want to dive in to the full game. Plus it has the MP trial. It’s not for anyone who has TLOUR, obviously. This isn’t releasing Left Behind as an add-on, since you don’t need the disk or anything to play this.

Strangeheaven said:

May 1st, 7:52 am

Lets milk it more, truley pointless for ps4 owners. I also sense desperation.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:17 am

Desperate is the last thing we are, but thanks for your vote of confidence. :)

Strangeheaven said:

May 1st, 7:56 am

@14

They want more money, it’s called desperation,pointless and milked all rolled in one. They probably want more money to remaster Uncharted trilogy.

Su-Banane said:

May 1st, 8:18 am

Hi Arne,

Do you get the Realism mode when you upgrade from the Standalone to the $39 package?
The one with Full digital single-player game, Factions Multiplayer Mode, and the Treacherous Territories Map Pack bundle?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:20 am

For The Last of Us Remastered PS4 you do get Grounded mode because it is part of the full game.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 8:20 am

Su-Banane said:

May 1st, 8:20 am

Or to put it simply, are any DLCs previously released included in the “full” game? :)
Thanks for your reply and have a good day!

Hayades said:

May 1st, 8:26 am

Will these standalone versions have their own, separate trophies from the left behind dlc?

LeeHatake93 said:

May 1st, 8:42 am

Hos big is the PS4 dowload?
The PS3 version of the DLC itself was like 5 GB. Is the PS4 version bigger than that?

ChaseHammerJ said:

May 1st, 8:51 am

Im sorry but The Last of Us was mediocre at best. Uncharted series is amazing but TLOU was just blah. I know its my opinion but it was no where near the best game or worth the hype it was given.

How about a new Crash Bandicoot instead of this.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

May 1st, 9:16 am

Sorry to hear that. We don’t own Crash Bandicoot anymore – that’s with Activision.

OnTheBus666 said:

May 1st, 8:58 am

This is great news! I just sent $10 PSN credits to my best buds who have ps4s! Gettin ready for some factions this weekend

sgtskyros said:

May 1st, 9:22 am

Great to have options! Bravo Naughty Dog. Only bad thing with this game is when it finishes lol, was a great little adventure would have loved to have had a bit more.

Ravenous74 said:

May 1st, 9:42 am

Anything Naughty Dog does is golden…except when their games end, I want more. I live in PlayStation’s world lol :-)

Corn-Pillow said:

May 1st, 9:46 am

I feel like they wouldn’t have done this if no one was asking for it guys. If this makes at least one gamer out there happy its worth it.

death_nation100 said:

May 1st, 9:50 am

Not worth it for ppl who haven’t played it. I just hated how Ellie acted her age in Left Behind. But in the Original game she’s someone different it’s iike having a movie director do a film based off the book . It was totally different.

MegaRayIII said:

May 1st, 9:57 am

@Arne
Yeah you dont own Crash, but you wouldn’t make it even if you owned it anyway. You didnt even make a new Jak for 10 years (give or take)

Keep milking TLoU as much as you can, ND has fallen after Andy and Rubin left *fact*

Painkiller360 said:

May 1st, 9:58 am

I would like a TLOU PS4 dynamic theme.

viceforce said:

May 1st, 10:03 am

How about we steer away from Ellie and focus on Joel a bit. We deserve answers like

How Joel met up with Tess.
How Joel and Tom split
And maybe some insight on the Fireflies.

There was some talk about a new single player DLC I hope it’s focuses on Joel and 20 year lapse. Come on Naughty Dog make that happen

PS: I do not except Dark Horse variation comics.

XxSTMELVINxX said:

May 1st, 10:04 am

first uncharted 3, then killzone shadow fall, now the last of us. i like the last of us for the single player campaign and naughty dog makes fantastic games, but seeing this is just disappointing.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

May 1st, 10:22 am

@Arne Meyer

Sorry. I worded my message wrong. What I meant to say was why do this when most people could just buy the full game with Left Behind already included? IMO Left Behind is a terrible starting point when most people won’t understand what’s happening in the beginning.

JoeUFC said:

May 1st, 10:25 am

Anyone who plays this before playing the main game is insane, this is the only story DLC that I’ve ever seen that the game warns you not to play before playing the main game lol

Strangeheaven said:

May 1st, 10:31 am

I think Naughtydog should consider making an open world game. My favorite games are open world.

Strangeheaven said:

May 1st, 10:51 am

If Uncharted 4 has horses in it, please make look and animate like a real horse please naughtydog. The horse in uncharted 3 and the last of us ran like a camel. Rockstar were spot on when it came to horse and wildlife animations. Red dead Redemption has the best horse animations ive ever seen in a videogame. Anyone who denies that are clearly deluded.

ClinToN said:

May 1st, 10:58 am

What’s the amount of play time on the story? I never got to it on the PS3 story.

Droogie4Ever said:

May 1st, 11:01 am

I think this is a pretty good deal. Plus many people may have played TLOU on PS3 but maybe didn’t play the DLC so this works out pretty good for them. Personally, I already own the PS4 remastered version. The Last of Us was the main reason I switched from Xbox back to Sony after I skipped the PS3 (mostly due to cost – not because I wasn’t happy with their products). I love that Naughty Dog gave me a chance to enjoy TLOU on my PS4 and I hope they put out an Uncharted Trilogy so I can enjoy those as well. Can’t wait to see what I missed. before Uncharted 4 comes out.

DanteAMT said:

May 1st, 11:27 am

Arne Meyer , my comment will probably be unheard but if someone from N&D sees it :

Please bring UNCHARTED TRILOGY REMASTERED to PS4. Pretty PLEASE. U4 is due for 2016, you have no excuse not to please your fans with Uncharted Trilogy Remastered on PS4.

First of all I am a huge fan of N&D, I have 100% Trophy completion on Jak I, II , III and TLOU Remastered, BUT 0% to 3-4 % completion on Uncharted series from PlayStation Now. Why ? Because..

Second I do not OWN a PS3. I have 2x PS4`s, one regular PS4 and one 20th Anniversary Limited Edition sitting in unopened box like an art painting next to my TV. I have 2 Vita`s, PS2 and a PS1 but i will not buy a PS3. When PS3 was out I was in college – bachelors & masters in IT, so i couldn`t afford getting addicted.

DanteAMT said:

May 1st, 11:28 am

I can buy a PS3 and I can surely play Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 on PS Now but I preffer NOT to. I do not want to spoil the experience. After the glorious TLOU RE graphics, my eyes can`t stand last gen consoles. Now if you tell me and confirm that you will not bring Uncharted Trilogy to PS4 you will make me very sad and I will platnum Uncharted on PS NOW, but if you don’t i will just wait and wait and wait till you decide to bring the series to PS4.

Please don`t dissapoint your fans or keep us waiting forever…

deadendblues said:

May 1st, 11:29 am

Thanks. Day one buy for me! Never had a chance after moving to ps4 to play. Thanks ND!

VanguardOfLouis said:

May 1st, 11:56 am

Nice One! people who dont want to actually play the whole game can just get this to get abit of feel in the TLOU universe

IrosoMeyi said:

May 1st, 12:17 pm

This “Game” was the biggest snore fest I’ve ever played.
Surprised I even finished it, seriously horrible game/movie.

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

May 1st, 12:24 pm

Why would ND do this when there are HUGE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, in TLOU remastered, it even says not to play it before you’ve completed the main game yet they’re gonna sell it as a standalone? Makes no sense at all and you could be ruining a brilliant game for people by doing this.

nolson said:

May 1st, 12:27 pm

@strangeheaven

I can’t tell if your trolling or being genuinely stupid. How is it “truly pointless” for all ps4 owners. Not everyone owns the last of us remastered. This could be a cheap gateway for people to the series for 10 dollars and if they like it then they can then move on to the full game. This isn’t meant for people who have already played the game. Stop being so dumb and making gamers look dumb. THINK before you type please. You’re embarrassing yourself.

nolson said:

May 1st, 12:31 pm

@28 MegaRayIII

Please, just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. Do you know what a fact is? Clearly what you said is an OPINION. They have stated several times they looked at making a new JAK game but it didn’t work out. This game is meant for people as a cheap entry into the series who haven’t played TLOU before. Your ignorance is annoying.

Rootboi_Root said:

May 1st, 12:47 pm

Love the responses Arne Meyer. You guys are the best, this is perfect for me who loved the game on PS3 but hasn’t invested in the DLC and the PS4 version yet (even though I really wanted to, just too many games and too little time). Can’t wait for more Naughty Dog greatness!

Tomoprime said:

May 1st, 12:52 pm

What is the point of this? The DLC is very short as it is. All new PS4 include the Left Behind DLC. The retail game includes the DLC. All preowned copies are dirt cheap and include the DLC if you are a PS4 owner. If you buy the digital code online, most places sell the full game for under $13 with The Left Behind DLC included.

Yikes why not make something new? Instead of more delays….

Chip1010 said:

May 1st, 1:02 pm

Something that doesn’t hurt anyone in the slightest and provides an extra option that might be right for certain people … so I guess I should have assumed that the comments section would be full of people complaining about it. Or complaining about … Uncharted 3’s horse animations or something. This website is a cesspool.

nolson said:

May 1st, 1:03 pm

@47

It’s simply another entry point for people into the series for 10 dollars.

As for your last point, how in the world does this take away from something new? It’s not like putting this on the store is stopping them from working on new things. They are making U4. Please, enlighten us all how putting this on the store is why Uncharted 4 got delayed. Would love to hear it.

nolson said:

May 1st, 1:04 pm

God…I love the playstation community, but the comments on the blog sometimes give me a headache. Full of moronic statements by people who are either trolling or being incredibly stupid. It’s infuriating. Please tell me I’m not alone in this sea of madness.

PAGE 1 2