Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

May 27

May 27

PS Plus: Free Games for June 2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Looking for the PS Plus lineup? Well, you’ve come to the right place, friends. Please take off your shoes and stay awhile…

This month, the lineup includes four games you can play on PS4. And we’re starting off big with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PS4. The latest chapter in the renowned Metal Gear series sends Big Boss into a high-security Cuban military base on a daring rescue mission. Use new stealth techniques along with Snake’s iconic repertoire to infiltrate the base (and perhaps mess around with enemy soldiers along the way).

Also on PS4 is Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition, a turn-based strategy game with a twist: your army is undead! Undead samurai, to be exact. Build up your forces and conquer all to reclaim your honor!

As mentioned above, both PS Vita games in the lineup are also available on PS4. That’s right, you can play Super Exploding Zoo and Futuridium EP Deluxe on PS Vita and PS4. And rounding out our list is Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Cloudberry Kingdom on PS3.

These games will be free for PS Plus members starting on June 2nd. If you prefer watching videos instead of reading, hit the play button below to see the full lineup.

3 Month PS Plus12 Month PS Plus

June’s PlayStation Plus Preview
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
A visually stunning chapter in a long-running, deeply complex series. This nail-biting mission onto a Cuban military base follows Snake as he attempts to rescue Paz from enemy imprisonment.

Skulls of the Shogun
Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
This turn-based strategy game turned a lot of undead heads with its story of a Samurai Afterlife. Build an army of the undead, battle your opponents, and regain your honor.

Super Exploding Zoo
Super Exploding Zoo (PS Vita | PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
Players must defend all the precious animal eggs in the zoo from evil aliens who want to eat said eggs. How do you defend these tasty treats? With a herd of explosive animals, obviously.

Futuridium EP Deluxe
Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS Vita | PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
A psychedelic, retro-inspired shooter with crazy action, puzzle elements, and a bumping electronic soundtrack. May or may not induce random dance parties.

Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
This first-person shooter celebrates the wild west in a big, bloody way. Take down anyone unlucky enough to cross bounty hunter Silas Greaves.

Cloudberry Kingdom
Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
The dev team behind this insane 2D platformer spent 2 years building an AI that could build a near-infinite number of levels for any difficulty. It looks totally bananacakes. Good luck with that!

Before you go, we want your feedback! Please take our poll, and leave us a comment below. If you’re still feeling chatty, join us in our PlayStation Community forums.

Until next week! Enjoy.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 7

Khoury said:

May 27th, 8:34 am

Glad that so many people get the chance to try out Ground Zeroes now, especially at the price of FREE! Good game for what it was and what it set out to do. Hopefully this hooks more people onto the MGS series.

SKILLS_XXDJXX said:

June 12th, 6:43 pm

Ps3 usaly the 1 with best psplus membership gameslast time I remeber they had prototype

SiloEyes said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

Raise your hand if you called Ground Zeroes being a free demo eventually before the release of V, and didn’t spend $50 on it when it came out.

Arcendus said:

June 22nd, 5:57 am

Ground Zeroes cost $19.99 when it came out. Not $50. And they were very up-front with the fact that it was essentially a tutorial for MGSV. So if you don’t see any raised hands, that would be why.

lombax707707 said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

Ground Zeros is a great addition! keep me settled until MGSV

TGSA said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

Excited for MGS!

Mokajige said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

Overall this seems like a solid lineup but the games for PS3 are garbage. That’s very disappointing as it’s the only system I own.

noisylissa said:

June 24th, 9:50 pm

Did you play Cloudberry Kingdom?? It is awesome! I wasn’t expecting to like it so much. Maybe try it and see (or if you already have, then we obviously have different taste ;) )

mixedkidbx said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

Never was a Metal Gear fan, but hey free is free so at least i can try it out at some point :)

maydayofhighbury said:

May 27th, 8:35 am

WOW, always wanted to play the MGS chapter, though short, the graphics is just simply stunning! And sick beat box, Ryan!

Arby_Of_Statics said:

May 27th, 8:36 am

Ah come on, no Ground Zeroes cross-buy for PS3?

nnn222 said:

May 27th, 8:36 am

MGS is more than enough for me.
Thanks !!

paulogy said:

May 27th, 8:36 am

Hi Powerhouse :-) Interesting mix for June, and a GREAT idea to get Ground Zeroes out in advance of TPP!

[ Oh and Hi Danny! Hope you’re having a good show. I’m excited to see what you cook up during your Kinda Funny collab for E3 :-) ]

so-knee said:

May 27th, 8:37 am

At this point might as well give everyone Driveclub full game as the Plus monthly offering before somebody starts a class action suit against Sony for false advertising a long, long time ago

Hero_of_Lgnd said:

May 27th, 8:37 am

is PS Plus support for the PS Vita ending?

CapJSheridan said:

May 27th, 8:38 am

Why have Ground Zeroes on a sale so close to being on plus? Once again I feel screwed for spending money on your business, how’s that making me a satisfied client?

silentsniperxx said:

May 27th, 8:39 am

I see everyone is kind of okay with this lineup, but I just feel like xbone has been kicking PS in terms of free games each month for awhile. Things like knack and killzone are things I would expect to see offered free by now. Oh well, heres to hoping for big things at e3!

lazhiral said:

May 27th, 8:39 am

I’m felling a little sorry for myself, who doesn’t own a PS4 yet… ;_;
Probably won’t play those two for PS3…

MrRooni said:

May 27th, 8:39 am

“Holy banana cakes!” Clements, you’re the best. BEYOND!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

May 27th, 10:13 am

Thank you, thank you. I appreciate the kind words. :3

bmosley said:

May 27th, 8:39 am

A bit disappointed with the Vita PS+ freebies. Some of the indie games are great but a lot are just copies/clones. The Vita has a ton of great titles now, why not put some of those out?

macolesi said:

May 27th, 8:39 am

I will have to buy a PS4 :( Nothing for me this month.

Mercenary09 said:

May 27th, 8:40 am

Awesome lineup guys. Been waiting for Skulls of the Shogun. Also looking forward to Call of Juarez and super exploding zoo. MGS is cool to get people ready for The Phantom Pain.

jerk_man said:

May 27th, 8:41 am

Call of Juarez is a fun game, definitely try it if you haven’t already.

Wes_Bray said:

May 27th, 8:41 am

+Paulogy too slow today!!

PowerGusso-US said:

May 27th, 8:41 am

Don’t forget the feedback survey “What were your thoughts on May’s PlayStation Plus game lineup?”
Please MGS PS4 and PS3, a 5 hours game at last a cross buy!
Best than last mounth!!!

joyrul96 said:

May 27th, 8:42 am

For the next months PS+ do Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition and the month after that. Knack.
Since both are old it’ll be cheap for you to do and also lots of people will be happy with these AAA games :)

steeler192 said:

May 27th, 8:42 am

Noticing they’re dialling down on the PS3 games now: 4 x PS4, 2 x PS3, 2 x Vita…

solace357 said:

May 27th, 8:42 am

Kept you waiting huh?

JamesBlonde777 said:

May 27th, 8:42 am

Pretty sure PS+ is a PAID subscription, not sure why everyone calls these games “free.” Anyways, I’m not super excited about this lineup, but will give them a shot. Maybe there’s a gem in there. =)

DaGirl4u420 said:

June 26th, 6:23 am

Most likely because they are games that come for no addional cost as a part of your subscription that also happens to grant you access to exclusive games and deep discounts. There are perks for plus that aren’t the free games. Like being able to transfer saved files via the cloud and you know playing online with the ps4.

gerneric123 said:

May 27th, 8:42 am

Insultingly poor Vita lineup.

It’s like you guys just used that as two additional PS4 slots.

Sl1ckTh13f said:

May 27th, 8:43 am

+ SiloEyes MGS5 Ground Zeroes was Never $50 in the first place. And anyone who paid that much would be a complete idiot.

MyrequeArk said:

May 27th, 8:43 am

The Vita titles are super sad. Can we get some better titles? A good RPG would be nice :D

Overall a pretty “Meh” month, I had high hopes because of E3. Unless there’s a surprise…?

paulogy said:

May 27th, 8:43 am

@21 Wes_Bray

Heh, well they published this on the half hour, so it threw me off ;-)

DJ_Tomato said:

May 27th, 8:46 am

Pathetic lineup for Vita, for second month in a row.

TheGranArcanum said:

May 27th, 8:49 am

Hey Ryan!

Thanks for the June preview! Can’t wait to download these games!

Just wanted to make you aware of a typo in the article. Underneath the pricing graphics for PS+ there is a title stating “May’s PlayStation Plus Preview”. I believe it should be June’s PlayStation Plus Preview.

Hope this helps! Keep the cool articles coming!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

May 27th, 10:14 am

Thank you so much! I just forgot to update that text, appreciate the heads-up!

XnurienX said:

May 27th, 8:50 am

Psh, no games for me this month… i’ll waiting for a AAA game. Just one for ps4

FATHASUN said:

May 27th, 8:50 am

Thanks for the games. And I know it is eventual but where is Knack, Kill one Or infamous SS?! I already have KZ and ISS but I can use Knack as a Plus game. Not to mention the much anticipated DriveClub Plus version.

FeddeCampo said:

May 27th, 8:51 am

Awesome line-up! Thanks Ryan!
Glad I haven’t played any of this great titles…yet =D

SiloEyes said:

May 27th, 8:51 am

+ Sl1ckTh13f You are correct! For some reason I thought it was $50 for retail PS4, but it was $40 at its highest. Still though, $40 for a 1-2 hour prologue… that just ended up being used by our Plus subscriptions to promote a future game.

Agree with the other sentiments that the lack of Vita support is disturbing.

Rapturesassassin said:

May 27th, 8:53 am

Nothing for me this month. Ihave thedisc version of ground zeroes and nothing interest me

gohan16ken said:

May 27th, 8:54 am

I can’t wait until my PS+ expires in Dec so that I can finally buy Batman Arkham Asylum and Tomb Raider outright for my PS3. Lately, I have not been any games from IGC.

samv33 said:

May 27th, 8:54 am

an OK month. Glad I never bought Ground Zeroes, although I was tempted a few times.

spacedelete2 said:

May 27th, 8:55 am

not sure about this update. on one hand we finally get a AAA PS Plus game but its essentially a demo being MGS ground Zeros which ironically saves this months PS Plus from being complete trash as those indies look worse than mobile phone games. MGS Ground Zeros seems like Sony wanted a AAA PS Plus game but tried to get the worst game they could get away with.

BahumatIsBack said:

May 27th, 8:55 am

STOP TRYING TO GIVE US DEMOS FOR OUR PAID SUBSCRIPTION GAMES!!!!

IIL0YDII said:

May 27th, 8:56 am

So a bunch of indies and MGS 5 demo ( which can be completed in 2 hours) ,not going to resub, I’m sick and tired of indies being on PS Plus. And this month is E3 month, what a disgrace.

AizawaYuuichi said:

May 27th, 8:56 am

More free games. The wheels keep turning. Good stuff. *thumbs up*

GoPens35 said:

May 27th, 8:57 am

FF 15 would have been a better demo to rent.

GattsuWolf said:

May 27th, 8:58 am

Pathetic and disgusting vita lineup… Please PLEASE give us real games next month

Valyrious said:

May 27th, 8:59 am

Would have loved to see Ground Zeroes PS3 version included. But what can you do?

greghove79 said:

May 27th, 9:00 am

Really could not care less about this lineup. Nothing I will play or am even remotely interested in playing. But hey, more budget stealth and FPS titles, plus indie games! Because, as evidenced in not a single player poll ever, that’s what everyone wants! *rolls eyes*

KazeEternal said:

May 27th, 9:01 am

Looks like this lot of games is not for me.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m disappointed MGSV:GZ made the cut for this list. Konami couldn’t sell it to us as a full priced game, they couldn’t clobber its price to get people to buy it, now they want to give it away by taking PS+ dollars.

This isn’t cool. PS+ Program runners should know about the overall outrage and how most fans wanted nothing to do with this glorified demo.

Mayoubaz2 said:

May 27th, 9:01 am

MGS ground zeroes only this for me
But is better than nothing ;-)

DDMNeo said:

May 27th, 9:03 am

It always gets me how ungrateful people are. How about instead of whining you actually try the games before dismissing the games as “indie trash.” You just can’t please people.

PAGE 1 2 3 7