Knack 2

Aug 16

Aug 16

Darth Vader-Inspired PS4 System Revealed, Two Star Wars Bundles Out This November

Adam Boyes's Avatar Posted by VP Publisher Relations, SCEA

Pre-orders for the limited and standard edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 bundles — releasing November 17th — are available now at participating retailers.

• Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle: $449.99 (MSRP), $549.99 CAD
  • Standard Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle: $399.99 (MSRP), $449.99 CAD

Pre-orders are also available now for the Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle, releasing exclusively at Wal-mart starting November 13th for $449.99 (MSRP), $549.99 CAD.

The Force is about to get a whole lot stronger with PlayStation. I just got off the stage at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, where I introduced a very special limited edition Darth Vader-inspired PS4 system that will be available as part of two Star Wars bundles available November 17th (pre-orders starting soon). Check it out!

The Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle will include a custom 500GB limited edition PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller inspired by Darth Vader. The fully customized PS4 features an image of Darth Vader, as well as a repeated Star Wars logo across the top of the system. The Darth Vader edition DUALSHOCK 4 is inspired by Darth Vader’s chest panel and features the repeated Star Wars logo on its touchpad.

Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle

The bundle also includes Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and Trophy support. I’ll give you a minute to take that all in…

And, to celebrate the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, we’re releasing a Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle available exclusively at Wal-mart on November 17th.

Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle

The package will include the Darth Vader-inspired 500GB PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, as well as the Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition PlayStation Exclusive Hardware Bundle Kit. The kit includes a physical copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the Disney Infinity Base, the Rise Against the Empire Play Set Pack (featuring Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa figures, as well the Rise Against the Empire Play Set piece), and the Boba Fett figure, exclusive to PlayStation through this holiday. The Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle will also include a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games mentioned above.

Limited Edition Star Wars PS4

In addition to these two limited edition bundles, we’re also offering a standard-edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle which includes a PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller in Jet Black, as well as Star Wars Battlefront and a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games.

What do you think? Will you be picking up one of these bundles on November 17th? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Add Your Own

SithLibrarian said:

August 17th, 2:16 pm

I’m sorry, but that controller looks hideous.
Pleased to see Super Star Wars getting a re-release, though.

McGiant620 said:

August 24th, 7:57 am

Now they just have to re-release the other two

mogus said:

August 17th, 3:43 pm

I just thedestiny ps4 my wife is going to kill me when she sees another ps4 that I will never open

NickMulder said:

August 17th, 6:23 pm

My absolute OBSESSION with Star Wars DEMANDS that I buy the Vader PS4 bundle but only on one condition! That Battlefront copy MUST be a physical copy!! Make it happen and I buy it ;) even though I already own a PS4….lol :p

arsenal74 said:

August 18th, 6:35 am

I think it’s digital, my mate bought the TLOU PS4 bundle and he got a digital copy and an empty case.

daemonangel said:

September 6th, 10:36 pm

Alright so it is definitely a physical copy on release day. Other games that released with a PS4 as a physical copy? Batman, Destiny, Madden. The Last Of Us did not get a physical release due to the fact that it is a Sony exclusive being rereleased and is a mainstay among bundles.

RemenoDR said:

August 17th, 9:03 pm

for those asking if there is gonna be a free give away, there was one on the EA twitter page, for D23 but its over now

RocknTHEsombrerO said:

August 18th, 5:32 am

Why is the UK edition listed as 1TB, but NA edition is only 500GB?

arsenal74 said:

August 18th, 6:33 am

Because our two bundles are 1TB each N America is getting 500gb editions no idea why.

Strangeheaven said:

August 18th, 10:36 am

Because the ps4 in the UK makes sony more profit due to the rising pound,hence the reason they threw in a 1tb to say cheers.

arsenal74 said:

August 18th, 6:34 am

So just pre ordered the 1TB Star Wars PS4 on Amazon UK, seems we are getting the 1TB editions, sorry America and Canada that sucks.

R3D_H4mm3R said:

August 18th, 11:55 am

Can only see it at GAME, amazon isn’t listing it…

Guess I’ll have to wait till it’s avaiable for preorder here in Germany… :S

arsenal74 said:

August 18th, 6:37 am

Comes out on the 19th November in the UK. So weird. Also 1TB and the new quieter versions too. I had a £100 amazon voucher so I’m happy. Now just to sell my old PS4 afterwards or my sister will kill me (we share a house)

arsenal74 said:

August 18th, 6:38 am

I hope we get a dynamic theme with custom sounds, also I have to say HA HA HA to the whining Xbone owners on EA’s Battlefront page on FB. Sorry not sorry

jonnyp777 said:

August 18th, 7:08 am

I am both a fan of playstation and Star Wars. I own every major PS console, including darth vader psp, and over 130 Star Wars figures. Sony, why do you continue to alienate people based on where they live. How is it fair to only offer the EU the 1Tb edition and leave the US with only 500 Gb? I have not bought a ps4 yet because I’m waiting for sony rewards points to build up and for a good bundle. A 1tb bundle would’ve sold me, not 500gb. Guess I’ll be waiting a little longer. Very disappointed.

Strangeheaven said:

August 18th, 10:54 am

It comes down to two reasons, EU is sonys strongest market,plus one of those countrys has the strongest currency in the world. Which makes sony bigger profit. That’s my guess.

Zelkden said:

August 18th, 8:44 am

Is there going to be a 1 TB bundle?

Precognition303 said:

August 18th, 9:25 am

I’m I the only one who isn’y going to buy this as I already own a 2TB PS4? Legit i could spend 30 bucks online and get an even cooler looking Star Wars skin for my current PS4 and controllers.

damind21 said:

August 18th, 10:41 am

i would buy the controller separately for that 65 or whatever controllers go for, on another note the PS4 anniversary addition is missing the engraving that original 20th anniversary console has.

infrabrad said:

August 18th, 3:34 pm

Where and when do preorders start?!?! This will be my third PS4 bundle! I’m WAY more excited for this one then I was for Destiny! CANNOT WAIT!!

jtkustomzz said:

August 19th, 9:54 am

it looks okay nothing to crazy I just ordered a skin and it looks way better than that and it was at a fraction of the cost seriously people don’t waste your money on this

I ordered the second one it was worth it to be honest

a224471 said:

August 19th, 6:12 pm

Will there be a 1 TB one? It would make more sense to upgrade instead of going from my current 500 GB to another 500 GB..

hoag23 said:

August 20th, 12:54 pm

The UK Bundle is listed as a 1TB system. 1. Is this true? 2. Why would the UK version get a better HD?

Wonky626 said:

August 22nd, 1:04 pm

It’s true for France too.
    Playstation France confirms that it’ll be a Ps4 w/ 1 To for this country.
    But no information if it will be a new model CUH-1200 !

eddiew316 said:

August 20th, 2:20 pm

Take my money now!!!! Please!?!?!

Cboy31 said:

August 20th, 11:38 pm

OMG, when will they give a pre-order release date, I need this in my life

R3D_H4mm3R said:

August 21st, 8:40 am

Really wanted to buy this one till now…
Just received an email from amazon, that it’s avaiable for preorder now.
499 € in Germany, how ridiculous is that!???
No preorder, thanks.

BladeB1400 said:

August 21st, 4:43 pm

It’s been about 5 days since its been posted, but is there any news on the pre-order date yet? Or at least the cost, for the Darth Vader, Star Wars battlefront bundle?

R3D_H4mm3R said:

August 21st, 9:41 pm

You can preorder it already.

£ 385 in UK (amazon and GAME) or 499 € in the rest of europe

DadyVader said:

August 22nd, 5:19 am

This system is amazing wish they would release he preorder date though I’m tired of waiting I need it.

VectorRaven said:

August 22nd, 10:23 am

Okay guys, you’ve swayed me. Second PS4 coming right up. Wow!

Arsyn-Ink said:

August 23rd, 10:32 am

I can’t wait to preorder. I’ve been getting antsy. This will be my third ps4. My first one is day one ps4 then a year later I traded my d1 ps4 for the white Destiny bundle and now I’m gonna trade my white ps4 when Darth Vader releases.

Ekelki said:

August 23rd, 10:43 am

I don’t know, I think I’d have to keep my white console and put a black vader decal on it like the old Star Wars PSP.

McGiant620 said:

August 24th, 7:53 am

Makes me want to trade in my PS4 towards credit for the new one.

But if I don’t…doesn’t anyone know if those classic games will still be released separately? It says “voucher” so I assume it just gives you DLC codes…will they still be available for purchase on PSN without having the system?

I’d much rather just buy a $9.00-$15.00 game off PSN rather than $500.00 (or $600.00 because limited edition) system.

DadyVader said:

August 24th, 10:49 am

I heard they was releasing them on ps store but not sure I think they are though

MooMooKilluh said:

August 24th, 10:50 am

Why can’t we pre order in the U.S ? Why can’t we get a 1tb version ? Why is there not a price on this console yet in the USA ??

K1ttenK0mmando said:

August 25th, 12:51 pm

Will you post an update on the pre-order availability on this limited edition bundle? If so can I subscribe for updates? Thank you

synoke1123 said:

August 25th, 10:55 pm

Now will the classic games be sold separately also on the PS4? I would so buy them if I can’t get the PS4 and the voucher!

cowgirlup1 said:

August 26th, 1:37 am

Will this be available to purchase through SONY ONLINE only or at a Retail Store like GAMESTOP or FRYS’ ELECTRONICS, or BEST BUY?

Ehess2 said:

August 26th, 8:36 am

The wait for this to go on preorder is getting out of hand…it was announced over a week ago with a U.S. release date of November 17th. UK/Germany already have it available for preorder, even though the European release is November 19th–2 days AFTER the U.S. release! Makes me think that maybe they are re-thinking the decision to have the U.S. version only 500GB…..either way–open up U.S. preorders!

AgentTanooki said:

August 26th, 6:35 pm

Can’t wait for this! Will you be updating this post or will you be doing a whole new post to announce when pre-order is available for this? Thanks again ahead of time! :)

QUACKERJAQ said:

August 28th, 4:15 pm

Where can you buy ome I have looked on walmart amazon gamestop there are no preorder for them bc I want one where can you buy one at I kno they come in November but still should be somewere to preorder or find a chost or something to help with buying one anyone kno anything thanks

yasminbrown2003 said:

August 28th, 10:27 pm

Hello! So like when is preorder available????? Still no word and keep being told soon

AtomicWeirdness said:

August 30th, 3:34 am

It should sound like a lightsaber when you turn it on, or Vader breathing. Oooooor, you should put out an exclusive R2D2 console. I love my R2 360

waldoelx7241 said:

August 30th, 7:28 am

for the love of GOD! tell me when this is going live so I can pre-order from best buy or amazon! I needs this in my life.

Saint_Stunna28 said:

August 30th, 9:19 am

How much is this going to be I am going to get just would like to know the price

AnnaKyoyama358 said:

August 30th, 11:43 am

i have been waiting weeks for the pre orders to drop! PLEASE give us an update, I want to get this for my boyfriend as a birthday gift!!!!!

NoLifeDGenerate said:

August 31st, 11:57 am

Damn. Will anyone ever remaster Star Wars SOTE from N64? :(

Aruwaki said:

August 31st, 1:24 pm

By the looks of things, it seems the PS4 Darth Vader console will be available on “Force Friday”, of course this is only a forced guess. Please make pre-orders available online via amazon. I really don’t want get in a real battlefront to buy a new console in my local store.

NINJASTAR_SHADOW said:

September 2nd, 9:17 am

I can’t wait for this bundle,I’ve wait years for them to come out with anything similar, I’m just blown away!

Darthvane said:

September 3rd, 9:47 pm

Now that we’ve come upon Force Friday, any idea about when the pre-order is going to be announced?

gema11981 said:

September 4th, 5:47 am

I would hope its today! What better day to open pre orders! The anticipation is killing me lol !

NoLifeDGenerate said:

September 4th, 4:50 pm

So how limited is this console going to be?

Phant0m_Burg3r said:

September 5th, 8:58 am

Hey Sony, the sooner you give us pre-order details, the sooner you can take my money…

Aruwaki said:

September 6th, 10:35 am

I just survived Force Friday, now preparing for the unavoidable battlefront in my local store.
What would you do for a PS4 Star Wars bundle?

FosFos101 said:

September 6th, 9:34 pm

I have a bad feeling about this, it is getting out of hand how long this is taking. Pre orders have been available in the UK for weeks, and while promised pre orders soon in the U.S., what qualifies as “soon” seems to be increasing every day, as there has been no news on preorder price or a date, let alone actual ability to preorder… It’s beginning to feel like this console was all just a Jedi mind trick.. or IT’S A TRAP!

xChugo- said:

September 8th, 8:18 pm

Will it bring a CD for the Battlefront game, or it will be digital download?

AK-47_jrose said:

September 10th, 7:09 am

This would be amazing. I want to get this bundle for my father but I can’t until the beginning of December. Would it still be available by then after it is released in November?

Mental_Goat said:

September 11th, 7:18 am

“No. I am your father”

BeStrongBelieve said:

September 11th, 6:52 am

I already have a ps4. I just want that slick controller!

Mental_Goat said:

September 11th, 7:18 am

Same boat, and 100% agree!

Welmosca said:

September 11th, 10:46 am

Oh yes want it too…come on Sony just be kind enough and sell the controller separately.

MangoMan808 said:

September 11th, 8:32 am

Will the limited edition be available at bestbuy anytime soon? I pre-oredered from amazon (limit 1 per customer) only because best buy doesn’t have a pre-order. By the way, what do Darth Vader and 9/11 have in common? just a coincidence? BTW Thanks for the heads up on the pre-order, NOT! I thought we were all going to be informed on the pre-order date, not just notified that it is now available for pre-order. sheesh

MangoMan808 said:

September 11th, 8:55 am

God Almighty!, why is walmart even allowed to sell this console? frankly I’m insulted. Google “people of walmart” and see what images come up on google search. I had to cover the chunks from spewing out of my mouth. I’d request a security escort if i was leaving walmart with my Battlefront PS4. Last time I was at walmart, homeless people were roaming the isles eating products they put back on the shelf before leaving.

cmdluke said: