PlayStation VR

Sep 03

Sep 03

PlayStation Blogcast Episode 178: Singin’ Your Tear Away

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

On today’s show (which is painfully lacking one Sid Shuman), the Blogcast gang chats about the upcoming Tearaway Unfolded on PS4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and a little Daredevil for good measure. As an added bonus for our loyal listeners, we sing. Quite a bit, actually. Enjoy the show!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Tearaway Unfolded
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • N++
  • Daredevil
  • The Mist
  • The Dark Tower

Sid-OutOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

Add Your Own

jgrizzle358 said:

September 3rd, 6:07 pm

Beginning to notice that all the Sid-less episodes are usually shorter. lol. Wonder why that could be… >_>

Anyways, I’ll give this a listen as soon as I finish building this music playlist. It’s my birthday Sunday and I’m throwing a party Saturday. Gonna get riggity *burp* riggity rekt sonnnnn!!!!!

I always listen to this by myself before I listen with other people (yeah I listen to every blogcast about 2-3 times) because they don’t know how to shut up and I hate people talking during stuff I haven’t seen/heard.

Honsan88 said:

September 3rd, 9:08 pm

Happy cake day! Mine is not far away.

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 3rd, 7:33 pm

Huh? You mean you guys knew I was crying because of Sid’s absence, so now you’re going to try to sing away my tears? You all are the best, now I really need to give this episode a listen! *sniffles*

jgrizzle358 said:

September 3rd, 8:16 pm

Glad to know that in Sid’s absence I managed to cause a Sid-like derailment with my Sid-like top 5 list. Good show gentlemen!

Also, although I can see why his witty antics might cause you aggravation, I think it’s safe to say he gets quite a few laughs out of the listeners. lol.

iTunes reviews from new listeners don’t hold much water for me considering that fact that if they’d been listening as long as I have they’d be used to you guys doing the things they complain about. I like the wacky off-the-rails nonsense. Keeps thing fresh. There’s a fine line between alienating new listeners and staying loyal to your old ones. Just gotta find the balance.

As far as I’m concerned it’s YOUR show so you do what you want with it. Your true fans will always be here. You’d have to do something pretty outrageous to lose me and seeing how you won’t even curse I don’t think it’s possible. LOL.

Mercenary09 said:

September 3rd, 11:41 pm

Another great show guys although I’m not liking how much Mr. Shuman is missing here lately. I’m really enjoying Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and already fee comfortable calling it my GOTY this year. Looking forward to Tearaway Unfolded next week on PS4! Very nice title this week as well!

magooser said:

September 4th, 4:48 am

Can we also talk about how it’s Force Friday and still NO announcement on the Darth Vader themed PS4?

sealum01 said:

September 4th, 9:54 am

I *love* the movie “The Mist!” I honestly thought I was the only one. I also really, really enjoyed the 2011 remake of the “The Thing.”

On the PS4 front, there are SO many holiday games, I’m strategically trying to determine what to play. I’m very much looking forward to Tearaway and the new Ratchet & Clank coming in 2016. I’m really glad that 3D action/puzzle/platformers are getting serious attention!

cool_trainer said:

September 4th, 10:08 am

I completely endorse and encourage a full acapella video game music episode or spin off episode.

I_am_rushin said:

September 4th, 10:47 am

Great episode guys! Really excited to learn about the Tearaway Unfolded trial as I loved the original on Vita, but wasn’t sure if they changed enough for me to get this version as well. Now I will!

rufusmarch23 said:

September 4th, 1:35 pm

Love the show guy!
For me the best song in a video game is in The Last of Us, when make to Pittsburgh Alone and Forsaken by Hank Williams is playing truck. Its not an original song but works really well in TLoU. Also all of the music from Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is amazing. keep up the great work!

StuTX said:

September 4th, 4:40 pm

I fully endorse wing stop!

CrashSpyro said:

September 8th, 2:53 pm

As much as this show is supposed to be about all things PlayStation, it’s actually all about Sid and his many eccentricities, whether he’s on the show or not.

deliriumsfrogs said:

September 8th, 4:50 pm

Amazing show yet again, guys, even though I had tears in my eyes at the absence of Mr. Shuman.
I can’t believe no one mentioned “You Were There” from Ico as a top song, or did my air conditioner inhibit the reception of such a declaration?
Also, hearing you talk about The Mist only reminded me of how, as a 5th grader, I picked up my brother’s copy of Stephen King’s Skeleton Crew, not really knowing what the paperback of short stories could contain. I happily proceeded to read The Mist, only to find myself wide awake and unable to sleep for a week straight…. Thanks for the memories! lol :))))

tanHardedge said:

September 9th, 2:05 pm

I believe that hallway fight sequence in Daredevil was an homage to the 2003 Korean film Oldboy. If you guys enjoyed that I totally encourage you to check out Oldboy, it’s a fantastic film.