God of War

Sep 06

Sep 06

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/8/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

A world of brilliant colors, shapes, and an abundance of paper opens up once again. Tearaway Unfolded brings its unique charms to PS4 this week, enveloping players with crisp visuals and brand new controls.

Tearaway Unfolded is set in a world of paper. Everything, from puddles of water to radiant flowers, is exquisitely crafted in digital paper. Like its predecessor, Unfolded places players in control of an adorable papery messenger that travels over land and sea to deliver an important parcel to… the player. Yes, you, the player. What adventures await our loyal messenger and what’s hidden inside the letter? You’ll have to play to find out…

There’s lots more coming to the world of PlayStation this week, so read on — and enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: September 8th, 2015
Arcade Archives A-Jax
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives A-Jax

A-JAX is a shooter released in 1987. Players play as special combat troops codenamed “A-Jax” with the goal of destroying an army of alien invaders. This work was ahead of its time using flashy sound effects and musical scores and was one of the first games ported to a consumer game console.

Ascendant
PS4 — Digital

Ascendant
Ascendant is the unforgiving beat ’em up that challenges you with a new world each time you play. It utilizes a number of modern roguelike elements such as permadeath and procedurally generated environments.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse
PS4 — Digital (Updated platform listing due to error)

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse

Paris in the spring. Shots ring out from a gallery. A robbery… A murder… And the beginning of another epic Broken Sword adventure. Playing as intrepid American George Stobbart and sassy French journalist Nico Collard, you find yourself on the trail of a stolen painting.

EA Sports FIFA 16 (Demo)
PS4, PS3 — Digital

EA Sports FIFA 16

FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play.

Fat City
PS Vita — Digital

Fat City

In this action-puzzler with 60 targets spread throughout the five boroughs of New York City, players will use their cunning and brain power to plan raids and execute getaways to pull in the big bucks in the city that never sleeps.

Hyper Void (+ Trial)
PS4 — Digital (Cross Buy with PS3)

Hyper Void for PS4
This is the first time space battles occur not only in the depths of galaxies, but right inside cross-dimensional wormholes! Punch your way through waves and waves of enemies from all races in the universe as you travel through volatile and crazy wormholes.

Knock Knock
PS4 — Digital (Out September 10th)

Knock Knock
Knock Knock is a pocket of chaos that serves as a direct contradiction to the belief that the world can be made sense of at all.

Leo’s Fortune
PS4 — Digital

Leo's Fortune on PS4
Leo’s Fortune is a platform adventure game where you hunt down the cunning and mysterious thief that stole your gold. Beautifully hand-crafted levels bring the story of Leo to life in this epic adventure.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
PS Vita — Digital

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Enjoy the original story of One Piece, from Fuschia village, where everything has started, to the kingdom of Dressrosa, a mysterious island dominated by the evil Donquixote Doflamingo.

Tearaway Unfolded (+Trial)
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Tearaway Unfolded

Tearaway Unfolded invites you on a journey to help your plucky messenger make a very important delivery. Reach into your TV with your DualShock 4 to unleash gusts of wind to unfold hidden areas, confound enemies and ride a paper plane.

Coming to PS Music
  • Slayer – Repentless
  • Ben Folds – So There
  • Duran Duran – Paper Gods
Coming to PS Video
  • Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (Bonus Version)
  • Chain of Command
  • 7 Days in Hell

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Ryan Clements said:

September 6th, 8:23 am

Enjoy the drop!

yowzagabowza said:

September 6th, 11:54 am

Put the prices!

PanTheMan16 said:

September 6th, 2:17 pm

If Ryan doesn’t post prices, there is likely a good reason for that. I don’t think he has the green light and simply chooses not to.

Now, stop spamming.

Poupoupi said:

September 6th, 4:02 pm

Prices?

PanTheMan16, go to sleep now.

SpicyMagic1337 said:

September 6th, 5:27 pm

still loving the layout thanks for the info

MakaiOokami said:

September 6th, 6:12 pm

Yowza never has good things to say. Some people would think that by now he just wouldn’t say anything at all.

The Drop isn’t the post for pricing. That’s the PS Store update. You never know when they’re going to have a PS Plus discount, and they might not have negotiated all the prices/sales/promos, and it’s not a good idea to really plan your purchases for the week until friday because you’ll never know what is going on flash sale, or if there will be a flash sale.

But… people are impatient. Which is why broken games are getting released that require heavy patching… People just need to learn to take a deep breathe, and realize it’ll be ok.

HellBringer1975 said:

September 7th, 6:12 am

to pantheman are you a child , how is asking a ? like for the prices spamming its you that is spamming responding just to be rude like your a little child bruting. try figuring what forums are there made for people to ask ? and thats what he did so stop trying to be a know it all when it shows you dont have a clue why. please stop flooding this forum unless you have a question or comment that uses some brain power

fatkorn said:

September 8th, 7:06 am

might not be the place to ask, but i purchased axiom verge for the vita and can not get a reply from tom happ as to when it will be released.

IlluminatiMembr said:

September 8th, 7:51 am

Prices should definitely be posted, most of these game designers are moonlighting as rip-off artists. Also, I see Ryan Clements doesn’t have the PS Plus logo by his avatar – smart move, definitely a waste of money.

Istyle318 said:

September 6th, 8:31 am

Beyond!

Banithell said:

September 6th, 8:33 am

Still no word on Magic Duels: Origins? This was first promised by the end of July, then the End of August…whats going on?

SpiritWolfFang said:

September 6th, 8:56 am

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

mixedkidbx said:

September 6th, 10:16 am

That was for Xbox1. PS4 was said to be out sometime late 2015 but no date was given.

Anndrej said:

September 8th, 2:20 am

I badly need a release date for this. I only have a Mac and a PS4, the ONLY platforms Magic Origins isn’t available for. COME ON SONY, I WANNA DUEL

o_haku-jin_o said:

September 6th, 8:33 am

What is (+ Trial) for Tearaway? Is the full game being released or just a demo?

G-Force08 said:

September 6th, 8:36 am

The full game is coming out on Tuesday. However, if you want to try the game before you buy, you can just play the trial version. In other words both a demo and the full game will come out for Tearaway Unfolded.

o_haku-jin_o said:

September 6th, 8:39 am

Oh thank you, I’m pretty excited for it. The vita Tearaway was fun. Hope this is as fun without the actual screen to touch.

Ryan Clements said:

September 6th, 9:05 am

Yes, G-Force has you covered!

G-Force08 said:

September 6th, 8:37 am

Getting Tearaway Unfolded for sure. Loved the Vita version – supported it day one. I’ll do the same for Unfolded. Such a great game that unfortunately had poor sales. I hope the PS4 version does better sales-wise.

SPREAD THE WORD!

Ryan Clements said:

September 6th, 9:05 am

Thanks for the support!

Tursinator said:

September 6th, 8:44 am

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 was already released for Vita on August 25th…?

Also, isn’t Poncho coming out for PS4 & Vita this week?

SonicPrinny42 said:

September 6th, 9:24 am

OP:PW3 that was previously released was the “Limited Edition” one with free DLC. This one is just the game itself.
    This happens frequently. Sometimes the included DLC is never released separately from the LE bundle.

Don’t know ’bout Poncho, sorry. Many titles (even some big ones or ones released on a different system) don’t get a mention. Could be the list received by the editor dropped it, or the date may still be in contention (i.e. hasn’t been given the Sony qualifying seal.

NX_Nytrux said:

September 6th, 8:46 am

PS2 Classics Wish List:
– Silent Hill 2/3/The Room/Origins (i don’t like HD remasters)
– Vlakyrie Profile 2 Silmeria
– Xenosaga 1/2/3

MrPonuraski said:

September 6th, 8:59 am

More PS1 and PS2 Classics, please! Outside of Yakuza 5, they’re the only games I feel like buying from PSN in this day and age.

Superstone said:

September 6th, 9:07 am

I would so buy Age of Ultron if 3d, hd & sd were bundled together, I want to stop buying blu rays.
Where are the psone & ps2 classics?

BladeGash said:

September 6th, 10:53 am

Me too. But I can’t decide where to buy digital from. Either PSN or Amazon.

Dangisuckatgamin said:

September 6th, 9:20 am

Leo’s Fortune here!

rafael_martines said:

September 6th, 9:21 am

Loved Tearaway on Vita :D Can’t wait for PS4 version :D

Dude_Largepants said:

September 6th, 9:24 am

Out of curiosity, why did you guys stop giving us a heads up on PSN deals before they happen? I was a nice feature of the blog, and it helped me spend my money a little wiser. I hardly buy anything anymore because I don’t know what’s coming.

GaMeCuBeFLOP said:

September 6th, 9:35 am

Where is Soma and divinity original sin enhanced edition on PSN??? It coming out soon but not on PSN???

newdrayb said:

September 6th, 9:35 am

Are you sure Broken Sword is cross buy? Because it’s not in the EU.

SonicPrinny42 said:

September 6th, 9:36 am

Hmph – no [edit] feature to correct my post.

Getting: Knock Knock, Tearaway Unfolded (pre-ordered retail)
Possibly getting: Hyper-Void, Leo’s Fortune, Broken Sword 5 (price-dependant as I believe it were released on Vita already, which I think I picked up)

Doh… BS5 cross-buy, so I probably already own it.

Tursinator said:

September 6th, 9:55 am

Dragon Age: Inquisition – Trespasser is a big release as well, even though it’s DLC.

ChibsSoA said:

September 6th, 10:43 am

Once again no pictures/videos of actual gameplay. Why even bother putting all the work into making a game and then not inform people of what your game plays like? Nobody is going to buy games based on “box art” and one sentence of description. Most of these titles don’t’ even get reviewed on metacritic because they are promoted so poorly that most sites don’t want to bother wasting time reviewing a game that nobody even knows about. And when they’re charging $15 for a game nowdays… I just think the marketing behind some of these games is atrocious to be honest.

MagnificentMale said:

September 7th, 8:31 am

Well, some games do have a gameplay photo in this post. And what do you expect from one blog post to cover all of the new releases for the week? Don’t all of the games get their own dedicated blog post, as well? I think the marketing team rely on the magic of social media to promote these games. They have a plan for how they’re going to market all of their games, whether indie or AAA. If a game looks and sounds good to a player, and it piques their curiousity to learn more about it and google it, they may buy it and if it’s good they’ll recommend it to friends. Marketing duties are also shared with the devs/pubs. Forget marketing. If a game piques your interest, look for as much info on it as you can, then put down the money if you’ve got it. I’ve barely got any money to spend on games outside of first/third party titles I like so I think it’s good of people like you to want to know more about the wider selection of games available. I only wish I could be as open to new things. The blog team should probably link each game to its corresponding blog posts and the playstation store so we can find out more info this way.

ShadowStar83x said:

September 6th, 11:22 am

Fat City sounds interesting. I would get Tearaway Unfolded, but asking for it for my birthday.

GREENANDGOLD_1 said:

September 6th, 11:30 am

HI Ryan I know that in your podcast you say games our subject to change I was wondering if free fall snowball fight is still going to be out this week thanks

narutofanO6 said:

September 6th, 12:32 pm

gonna try fifa but can’t wait for destiny ttk

nelo_vergil8909 said:

September 6th, 1:04 pm

@Ryan Clements

Do you have any idea on when Magic Duels Origins will be out for PSN? Wizards and stainless haven’t commented on it since early July.

Miguel_2123 said:

September 6th, 1:46 pm

Please more PS classics : Nascar Rumble, Digimon Rumble Arena, Twisted Metal 4,

P.S2 Classics : Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3

ferrers405 said:

September 6th, 2:27 pm

I already pre-ordered Tearaway Unfolded, will be a joy to play again this beautiful and charming game again, now on the PS4.

stalepie said:

September 6th, 2:41 pm

Please make all of the PS1/PSP games compatible for Vita. It’s frustrating seeing so many classics requiring a PS3 to transfer or ones that just aren’t compatible at all (especially when they are in other regions). I don’t understand it.

sifi32 said:

September 6th, 3:31 pm

Hyper Void, a Jeff Minter-esque insta-buy for the Vita. Looks great. And of course the FIFA demo.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Homam Bahnassi said:

September 6th, 5:41 pm

Happy that you are interested in Hyper Void, enjoy the challenge :)

AudioEppa said:

September 6th, 5:23 pm

I have an important question,

If I only purchased episode 1 of Broken Sword 5 on vita, am I still eligible for cross buy with the full game on ps4?

Take care, Ryan and have a good week.

Happy early labor day to everyone at PlayStation.

Popbot said:

September 11th, 8:51 am

Broken Sword is not cross buy. confirmed with the publisher myself

Wakeme111 said:

September 6th, 6:07 pm

Is there ever going to be a UFC Fight Pass App for Playstation? This is far passed being ridiculous. Seriously

Dragonslayer_023 said:

September 6th, 8:45 pm

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is already out on Vita.

PuppetShoJustice said:

September 7th, 12:28 am

Still nothing about the new Magic the Gathering game hitting PSN?

ziggy_86 said:

September 7th, 4:47 am

Is there any discount from the owners of tearaway in Vita?

LightTriforce said:

September 7th, 11:42 am

Will there be any more PS1 classics soon?

paulogy said:

September 7th, 3:38 pm

It’s interesting to see three Demo/Trials coming this week. I hope more games do that, though I realize they may not always have the resources.. PS4 is starting to get so many games (especially smaller ones) that things like Day 1 discounts and demos probably make a big difference in having them stand out at launch.

billgod said:

September 7th, 10:06 pm

PSTV?

nextleveltaken said:

September 7th, 10:18 pm

I noticed Ryan was in the credits at the end of Until Dawn! Beyond!

isenberg said:

September 8th, 3:17 am

whats this obsession with Fat City? it isnt even a good ios game.

PrimeroIncognito said:

September 8th, 5:43 am

Where’s this “obsession” you speak of? I don’t see anyone obsessed with it.

Mando44646 said:

September 8th, 11:15 am

pricing?

Also, why are none of these “Fat City” people fat?

supertramp1979 said:

September 8th, 3:32 pm

Ascendant looks pretty interesting, and Leo’s Fortune reminds me the kind of games I don’t use to call game, I name it “pieces of art”!… Unfortunately no Vita version for any of them. That makes me even more sad.

Tearaway doesn’t have a Vita version too, what makes me think: If they do not support the “mother” platform of the title, why should I support the game at all? I LOVED Tearaway1… It’s a little bit short but is a master piece of art from video games in my opinion, do not launch a Vita version is the same to spit on the table you already eaten. I belive unfortunately Gravity Rush2 goes to same way…

It would be nice to see classic games like Golden Axe or Road Rash in new versions, like they did with Double Dragon Neon or Castle of Ilusion! (please launch it for Vita)

Just to remind, I’m still waiting to buy VOLUME on my Vita. Don’t make the same sony did with New’n Tasty, I’m still waiting it too…

Thank you very mutch Clements, keep us informed dude… You’re doing great!

EmilyAlexander said:

September 9th, 4:16 am

I­’m­ m­a­k­i­n­g ­o­v­e­r­ $­1­7­k ­a­ m­o­n­t­h­ w­o­r­k­i­n­g­ p­a­r­t­ t­i­m­e­. ­I­ k­e­p­t­ h­e­a­r­i­n­g ­o­t­h­e­r­ p­e­o­p­l­e­ t­e­l­l­ ­m­e­ ­h­o­w­ ­m­u­c­h­ ­m­o­n­e­y­ ­t­h­e­y­ ­c­a­n­ ­m­a­k­e­ ­o­n­l­i­n­e­ ­s­o­ ­I­ ­d­e­c­i­d­e­d­ ­t­o­ ­l­o­o­k­ ­i­n­t­o­ ­i­t­.­ ­­W­e­l­l­­,­ ­­i­t­ ­w­a­s­ a­l­l­ t­r­u­e­ ­a­n­d­ ­h­a­s­ ­t­o­t­a­l­l­y­ ­c­h­a­n­g­e­d­ ­m­y­ ­l­i­f­e­.­ ­

T­h­i­s­ ­i­s­ ­w­h­a­t­ ­I­ ­d­o­.­.­. WWW.­W­A­L­L­S­T­R­E­E­T­3­4­.­C­O­M

Denitopolis said:

September 9th, 10:21 am

Is Age of Ultron already available? Someone told me they weren’t releasing it until tomorrow(thursday). Haven;t had the chance to get on and check yet.

nextleveltaken said:

September 9th, 10:35 am

Broken Sword is NOT cross-buy unfortunately.

Popbot said:

September 11th, 8:47 am

Sorry, must have missed this post from ANYone at Sony:
“Thanks Popbot for pointing out our mistake about Broken Sword. We chose to ignore it (as well as your @askplaystation tweets) though. Only when the publisher contacted us, after you took time out of your day to reach out to them and tell them about the disparity between what we were advertising on the blog and what we showed in our store, did we take action and update the page. Whoo boy good thing too because anyone who bought it thinking it was cross buy wouldn’t get their money back because that’s how we roll when we make a mistake on here. Anyway, bye!”
-Sony

Popbot said:

September 11th, 8:50 am

ha just noticed they instead just DELETED my previous posts. so funny