Knack 2

Sep 20

Sep 20

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/22/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

What defines a human mind? What defines an artificial one? And what horrors emerge when you push them both to the breaking point? This week, sci-fi horror game Soma launches on PS4. Don’t close your eyes…

Fueled by real-world science and abstract philosophies, Soma drops players into a twisted labyrinth of unspeakable horrors, broken thoughts, and creatures of unnatural origin. For gamers that want the latest in first-person horror storytelling, look no further.

And for those that scare easily (present company included), try the innovative platforming challenges in Extreme Exorcism, or the old-school dungeon-crawling in Heroes of Loot. For a full look at this week’s lineup, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: September 22nd, 2015
Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Volume 1
PS4 — Digital

Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Volume 1
Embark on a journey of redemption. The action packed saga of Afro Samurai continues but this time follows the path of Kuma, one of Afro’s closest childhood friends.

Arcade Archives Mr. Goemon
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Mr. Goemon

Mr. Goemon is an action game released in 1986. Players attempt to reach the goal at the end of each level while avoiding enemy capture with various items and weapons.

Battle Trivia Knockout
PS4 — Digital

Battle Trivia Knockout

Battle head-to-head in this fast-paced trivia action game and knock out the competition! Over 1,000 new questions are both presented on screen and spoken by the Trivia Sensei.

Blood Bowl II
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Blood Bowl II
Blood Bowl II smashes Warhammer and American football together, in an explosive cocktail of turn-based strategy, humor and brutality, adapted from Games Workshop’s famous board game.

EA Sports FIFA 16
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

EA Sports FIFA 16
FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play!

Extreme Exorcism
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy, Out 9/23)

Extreme Exorcism
Take on the role of Mae Barrons, an Extreme Exorcist with extreme measures. Her supernatural skills are called upon when everything and everyone else has failed to rid a haunted house of its ghostly presence.

Heroes of Loot
PS Vita — Digital

Heroes of Loot
Heroes of Loot combines the action of twin-stick shooters with the dungeon crawling of rogue-likes. You’ll find yourself in the middle of hordes of ghosts, skulls, cyclops, critters and much more…

Laserlife
PS4 — Digital

Laserlife
Laserlife is an interactive biography about a dead astronaut floating through deep space who is discovered by future intelligences who have no concept of humankind.

LEGO Jurassic World (Demo)
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Out 9/21)

Lego Jurassic World

LEGO Jurassic World is the first video game to let players experience all four Jurassic films in humorous LEGO form. The thrilling adventure recreates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from the films.

Mahjong Carnival
PS Vita — Digital (Out 9/21)

Mahjong Carnival

The Countess likes to travel the world in search of remarkable and collectible masks. You are her esteemed guest of honor. Join her on a lively quest to clear the tiles and reveal exquisite finds.

Penarium ( + Trial)
PS4 — Digital

Penarium
Penarium is set in a sinister circus arena, where contestants, much like Gladiators of old, are forced to entertain a sadistic crowd.

Pumped BMX+
PS4 — Digital

Pumped BMX+
Pumped BMX + sees players ride their way through increasingly challenging levels while pulling off crazy and impressive trick combinations.

Puzzle Star Sweep
PSone Classic — Digital

Puzzle Star Sweep
Defeat opponents around the island to become the master of Stardust. Rotate colored blocks and align their stars to clear the field before it overflows.

Racing
PSone Classic — Digital

Racing
Test your skills and beat the competition across thrilling circuits. Race through the streets, unlock new vehicles, and become the ultimate driver.

Rally Copters
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Rally Copters
Triumph against gravity and time in a test of determination by maneuvering through 27 perilous courses. Track your progress, discover tricks, and find shortcuts to help you glide through levels and unlock faster and more agile helicopters.

Skylanders Superchargers
PS4, PS3 — Retail (Out 9/21)

Skylanders Superchargers

Skylands is in peril! Kaos has unleashed his most evil weapon yet — the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction. With all of Skylands on the verge of collapse, a special team called the SuperChargers has been assembled.

SOMA
PS4 — Digital

SOMA
Strange events, and stranger horrors, will challenge your understanding of the human mind, the concept of AI, and all the reality that stirs between. A sci-fi horror experience fueled by science and philosophy.

Coming to PS Music
  • Disclosure – Caracal
  • Fetty Wap – Fetty Wap
  • New Order – Music Complete
Coming to PS Video
  • San Andreas
  • Insidious: Chapter 3
  • Gotham | Season 2

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Ryan Clements said:

September 20th, 8:53 am

Enjoy the Drop, y’all!

Mickuchiha said:

September 20th, 8:57 am

Thanks

hunterdemonnm said:

September 20th, 7:09 pm

HI!
    sorry to ask, but do you know if soldier’s sould in psn españa is cross buy?, if you read the ps3 version description, says “you can download this content also in ps4” (something like that, do you know something?

bertraar2 said:

September 21st, 11:33 am

…and I am still waiting for those last few PSP and PSone Classics to be available on my PSVITA #SpyroCrashDarkForces

NEOMERCER said:

September 20th, 9:01 am

Wow I’ve been following Afro closely and hadn’t heard anything about whether or not the game was ready to be released or even had a release date so this is very interesting. I’m looking forward to checking out but I gotta admit I’m a little skeptical now I mean the Prototype bundle announced its release the day before too.

Korolev61 said:

September 20th, 9:06 am

SOMA looks awesome. It’s from the people who made the Penumbra and Amnesia series, which were horror games done right. I’m glad it’s coming to PS4!

Ryan Clements said:

September 20th, 9:07 am

I’m so excited to not be able to sleep at night…

Beyondthegrave07 said:

September 20th, 9:06 am

Some more classic love! Nice!

Thanks for the drop (as usual) Ryan!

Superstone said:

September 20th, 9:08 am

Looks good

Superstone said:

September 20th, 9:09 am

Wish arcade archives were on vita too.

Ryan Clements said:

September 20th, 9:09 am

Agreed.

hawjboi2009 said:

September 20th, 9:10 am

Hi Ryan, none for me this tuesday.. i am getting NBA 2k16 this week Friday. hey Ryan, how come you not put NBA 2k16 for Friday on this week ?

Ryan Clements said:

September 20th, 9:14 am

We decided to hold off on listing NBA 2K16 until next weekend, since the 29th is the formal launch day after the early edition comes out for those that want to jump at it ahead of time. Thanks for the note!

JimmyLSanchez said:

September 21st, 12:26 am

“Early Tip Off Edition” means, if you are too lazy to preorder the game, then you can wait til the 29th to play it instead of the 25th for true fans

ZQuestion said:

September 20th, 9:35 am

Bunch of releases this week..
My pick for the week in Digital Only is a three way tie…
Afro Samurai 2, Battle Trivia Knockout and LaserLife

Retail.. Blood Bowl 2!

hawjboi2009 said:

September 20th, 9:36 am

lol blood bowl 2 look meh and garbage.. you should not buy that.. blood bowl 1 is very terrible

JimmyLSanchez said:

September 21st, 12:25 am

Hey “boi”, no sense trying to tell him not to buy something. He gets everything, and I mean everything. I am getting Blood Bowl II as well.

sealum01 said:

September 20th, 9:41 am

SOMA will be mine! If the price truly is $29, the I’ll pounce on it! I just have to work through my backlog. There are too many great titles to play — and I love it!!

B91212- said:

September 20th, 9:57 am

Has Pumped BMX+ been delayed on Vita (and PS3)? Did I miss a blog post on it (genuine question, been away).

Joeltron3030 said:

September 20th, 10:08 am

Are we not voting for a plus game this month?

DinoCap666 said:

September 20th, 10:17 am

Puzzle star sweep looks interesting; I can’t resist a good puzzle game.

Phenix--Nguyen said:

September 20th, 10:33 am

Nothing exciting for me this week. I’ll wait to see what they have on sale or price drops this Tuesday.

CosiestAnimal said:

September 20th, 10:46 am

First time doing this but I’m really anxious if you guys could do a PS2 classics port of Tekken 4, Half-Life or even Timespliters 2. As a long time PlayStation fanatic it would really mean a lot to have those ports on the PlayStation network in PlayStation 2 classics format. Thank You and keep up the Awesome Goodies filled work

pablikenemy79 said:

September 20th, 10:48 am

Why Arcade Archive is not on ps vita jet!?

Also is that true!? Volume, Teslagrad, bastion, Axiom verge … Since there is not a bit of info about those games here in the “PlayStation Blog” i thing those games are cancelled like Gravity Rush 2 is not Comming to vita any more and is Exclusive for the Ps 4…… Thats how Sony shows Vita Love.

death_nation100 said:

September 20th, 11:07 am

I really want Heroes of Loot it look good. I’m not sure about Mahjong Carnival it shouldn’t be release outside of Japan no one knows how to play that game .

Rezolution77 said:

September 20th, 11:09 am

Soma is coming to PC, so no worries there.
The rest do not look worth the advertisement space, other than Afro Samurai.

My poor Vita.
Only decent game in the last couple months that is interesting, is Hyperdimension Neptunia, but not at that price.

Maybe in a few more months then, while I save some money on older titles.
Like Mad Max for less than $20, and while it isn’t great, it definitely isn’t bad at that price.

Rezolution77 said:

September 20th, 11:10 am

Nice to see you are still adding PSone classics though, but, I wish you would listen more to your fans/members.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

September 20th, 11:14 am

SOMA is Outlast meets Bioshock, it’s the real deal folks.

NX_Nytrux said:

September 20th, 11:22 am

We need a “Wish List” in the PS Store.

stalepie said:

September 20th, 2:31 pm

I agree, and gift giving based on that!

StuTX said:

September 20th, 12:37 pm

Saving my money this week for lego dimensions. But heroes of loot does catch my eye…

califoreigner said:

September 20th, 12:47 pm

A few interesting looking ones this week. Will be checking out Heroes of Loot and Penarium

lightbr said:

September 20th, 12:55 pm

No Onigiri or Magic Duels yet? Was told that Onigiri PS4 servers would be up on mid september…

Anndrej said:

September 21st, 3:01 am

Guys…Ryan…please, someone, tell us a release date for Magic: Duels. There are dozens of us holding our breath. Dozens!

dmen1974 said:

September 20th, 12:59 pm

Please make Warhawk Remastered for the PS4. I know Warhawk is available to play on PS Now, but the service doesn’t stream well with my internet provider.

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 20th, 1:43 pm

September has been a great month for PS4. Destiny Fallen King, MGS5, Mad Max, and Until Dawn just to name a few. Can’t wait to see what October holds. Maybe we could see something San Andreas HD or Shadow of Colossus HD on Vita in the near future?

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 20th, 1:44 pm

I saw rumors on the internet that Bioshock Collection (with all the DLC) might be coming to PS4. Is it true? If so, any improvements over the PS3 versions? Either way, can’t wait if it is true.

MonkeyFunkR said:

September 20th, 1:53 pm

Whew! Soma..! Been waiting on that one for a while now.

MrPonuraski said:

September 20th, 3:02 pm

Arcade Archives should be PS4 / PS3 / PSV. It’s lame to force PS4-only releases for games that could easily run on PS3 and PSV. Corporate politics are nonsensical.

Welmosca said:

September 21st, 10:48 pm

Agree 100%.

loxapine2 said:

September 20th, 3:06 pm

I have a question to anyone who looks at this. how many things do you have connected at the same time? I have a Nintendo 3ds, wii u and my computer. I tried to also connect my vita two or three days ago and have that for use but I guess it was too much for me. does anyone else have three or four devices that they have for use? I would have my vita for use but It is a lot.

D-Squad3 said:

September 20th, 3:24 pm

So we can’t predorder Afro Samura and play it at 9 pst monday night? SAD FACE

Nattur said:

September 20th, 3:53 pm

Why are these games not all hyperlinked to the in store game page or if not available yet the games own website? A Flickr page with the same image is of no value.

BretBaber said:

September 20th, 4:57 pm

Holy moly, a new PS one game! I’m still hoping and praying that someday we’ll get Brave Fencer Musashi on the PSN store as well as Dragon Quest VII. Please make my dreams come true, pretty please.

FIFA 16 this week for me. I think think this will be the 22nd FIFA game in a row for me. At this point EA should give me one free for being so loyal.

phoenixkissme_01 said:

September 20th, 10:03 pm

What happen. Where is Saint Seiya: Soldiers’ Soul? I thought it will release 25th of September 2015

kooulin said:

September 20th, 11:32 pm

**** games no lie

JimmyLSanchez said:

September 21st, 12:29 am

I am liking the fact that Agetec is lending out all their IPs for PSOne Classics. It looks like then it will be soon that Top Shop should be released as a PSOne Classic. As an owner of all of these games on physical media, some of them are very worth making it a classic, but there are several that are true head scratchers. I am hoping that other companies are still in the mix and agree to allow their games to be put on the store as PSOne Classics, so that the people that do not understand that can understand and stop whining about why their favorite game is not on the store and thinking that Sony is hating on them. I would love to make a suggestion for PSOne Classic though, Intelligent Qube! Amazing puzzle game that had a low print run way back in 1997.

msmcclure said:

September 21st, 7:21 am

Is SOMA $29?

bobbydharrell said:

September 21st, 7:49 am

How much will PS Vita Heroes of Loot be?

djsaiyan said:

September 21st, 8:33 am

Afro Samurai and Soma for me this week. I was actually going to save my 10% off code for now but the flash sale had a few too many things I wanted in it. Ah well full price is fine with me.

epicnate932 said:

September 21st, 12:56 pm

Alot of hype for SOMA. I hope its as good as it looks

HellBringer1975 said:

September 21st, 3:07 pm

I wish they would put up the prices and download sizes of the games because a lot of other sites do and price wise these go up a few days before release so i doubt the prices would change , thats why some of the other sites i find better for my release info as they have US/can price and Europeans price and England . so please at least put the size of the download or install size because i am sure you have that info if other non Sony sites do. Example i wanted to buy a game on the flash sale but was not sure i would have enough for soma and Afro samurai so i had to pass on the sale game because some of us don’t just throw money around because we have it .
Also why do your movie sales suck they are always horrible with average of $1 or $2 off , when on sale i bought seasons 6,7,8 of Smallville for $10 each on the x1 and daywatch and night watch for $3 each and those are sale prices for movies and shows so please get some real sales because as of now i will never buy movies from psn when the sales on the other consoles are 60% to 90% difference from psn at times . Thank you and love the blog i wish every console had such a great web page we could go to for Info

Welmosca said:

September 21st, 10:48 pm

Pumped BMX+ and Rally Copters got ma attention,never heard of them games before but now I really wanna try them out.

AnthonM22 said:

September 22nd, 4:04 am

thanks, please more PSone Classics, thank you so much.

squeeb said:

September 22nd, 7:26 am

Blood Bowl II looks cool.. Never actually heard of this series before now.