PlayStation VR

Sep 27

Sep 27

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/29/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

With groundbreaking visuals, ultra-smooth gameplay, and a refined set of features, one of the most true-to-life basketball series continues this week with NBA 2K16 on PS4 and PS3.

NBA 2K16 continues to push the power of PlayStation hardware with stunning animations, physics, ball movement, and hyper-detailed stadiums. Featuring an all-new career experience written, directed, and produced by world-renowned filmmaker Spike Lee, NBA 2K16 has enough content to keep basketball fans playing for months to come.

And for those gamers that would rather travel the globe in search of treasure, whet your adventuring appetites with a demo of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which hits PlayStation Store this week.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: September 29th, 2015
Arcade Archives Karate Champ
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Karate Champ

Karate Champ is an action game that was released from Data East in 1984. Players train a variety of karate skills with a combination of stick operations, to be a champion of competitions.

Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo
PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo

Shusse Ozumo is a sports game that was developed by Technos Japan in 1984. Players play as Sumo wrestlers, and aim to become a Yokozuna. Shusse Ozumo is the oldest sumo arcade game and was the forerunner of later Sumo Tournament games.

Dungeon Defenders II (Beta)
PS4 — Digital

Dungeon Defenders 2
Dungeon Defenders is an action tower defense game filled up with classic role-playing elements like loot, levelling, and pets.

Dynamite Fishing — World Games
PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Dynamite Fishing -- World Games

Forget about idyllic ponds or beautiful coral reefs. Dynamite Fishing — World Games will ship you to the best fishing spots all over the globe, including an awesome jungle adventure!

EA Sports NBA Live 16 (+ Trial)
PS4 — Digital, Retail

EA Sports NBA Live 16

Rooted in self-expression, NBA Live 16 takes player customization to another level. Whether it’s how you look or play, your entire journey is all about you.

Gem Legends
PS Vita — Digital

Gem Legends

Discover the legends of ancient China. The ancient Chaos devours the abode of the gods, all around turns to stone, and all are powerless to stop it. The Oracle has foretold the coming of a savior bearing an artifact. You could be that chosen one!

Hardware: Rivals (Beta Trial)
PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30, PS Plus Only)

Hardware: Rivals
Suit up, pick your perks, select your vehicle and come and join us in the Hardware: Rivals Open Beta! It’s all-terrain, all-weather carnage as Tanks and Fast Attack Vehicles (F.A.V.s) go head to head across multiple maps and game modes.

Journey Collector’s Edition
PS4 — Digital

Journey on PS4
Soar above ruins and glide across sands as you explore an ancient world where life once flourished. With stunning visuals, haunting music, and unique online gameplay, Journey delivers an experience like no other. Includes critically-acclaimed games Flow and Flower. (You’ll get the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Flow and Flower later this week. This has been edited for clarity.)

Mega Man Legends
PSone Classic — Digital

Mega Man Legends

Take control of everyone’s favorite blue bomber, Mega Man, and save the island of Kattelox. Discover the truth of a mysterious disappearance, and find the long lost family treasure — the Mother Lode.

NBA 2K16
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

NBA 2K16
NBA 2K is back with the most true-to-life NBA experience to date with NBA 2K16. Featuring an all-new career experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Guide your player through the complete NBA journey.

Onigiri
PS4 — Digital

(Update: Onigiri is no longer launching on September 29th.)

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Welcome to the Midnight Stage! The music is starting up, so get ready to boogie with the Persona 4 crew in their newest adventure!

Prismatic Solid
PS4 — Digital

Prismatic Solid
Experience the abstract yet dangerous world of Prismatic Solid through its simple shapes and geometric aesthetic. Swim through a torrent of bullets in this stylish top down vertical shooter as you dodge flashing lasers, debris from explosions, and fluttering embers.

Samurai Warriors 4-II
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail on PS4

Samurai Warriors 4-II

The last title released for the tenth anniversary of the Samurai Warriors series, Samurai Warriors 4-II is here at last! Naomasa Ii appears as a playable character for the first time, and the various personalities of the age are explored in more depth in Story Mode.

Thief Town
PS4 — Digital

Thief Town on PS4
Thief Town is a local multiplayer stealth party game for up to four players. Stab your buddies in a pixel-perfect rendition of the Wild West! Lurk in the crowds, emulate non-player characters, and achieve backstabbing victory.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 offers a fresh take on combo-driven skateboarding, the most advanced online multiplayer experience, and a state-of-the-art skatepark builder. Ride, build, and repeat.

Toto Temple Deluxe
PS4 — Digital

Toto Temple Deluxe
Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Demo)
PS4 — Digital

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

From the groundbreaking storytellers at Naughty Dog, comes the genre-defining epic that revolutionized adventure storytelling, rebuilt by Bluepoint Games with the power of PS4.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Avicii – Stories
  • Trivium – Silence in the Snow
  • Queensrÿche – Condition Human

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Gallows
  • Dope
  • Jurassic World

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Homeland (Season 5 on October 4th)
  • The Affair (Season 2 on October 4th)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Ryan Clements said:

September 27th, 8:52 am

Enjoy the Drop!

BladeGash said:

September 27th, 8:58 am

Seriously. Mega Man Legends?! Do you guys want me to cave and buy a Vita just so I can play those games? First it was MMX4&5, then Tron Bonne now MML. Soon it’ll be MML2. And after hearing that Star Ocean 2nd Evolution is being ported to PS4 and Vita with probably cross buy and save, I’m pretty much obliged to get one. Just kidding. I was already looking into getting one. Love the new format, love the drops every Sunday. And BEYOND!

CapJSheridan said:

September 27th, 9:41 am

You had me at Mega Man Legends

yowzagabowza said:

September 27th, 11:52 am

Oh, all of a sudden demos are mentioned on the Drop? So lame.
    And still no prices? Effing stupid.

THX2068 said:

September 27th, 1:09 pm

A PS One classic! Holy Cow – it’s been so long I almost had a heart attack!

the_f_i_n_e_s_t said:

September 28th, 5:19 am

Please Mr. Clements but can we get a Daily motion app cuz it’s better than YouTube and a NJPW WORLD app for the PS4. Also, can I get the explicit version of Styles P ‘s second album on Spotify, TIME IS MONEY. I would be well appreciated.

FlashDrivePrime said:

September 27th, 8:57 am

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but does the ps4 port of Journey’s section mention that there will be a Vita version soon? I hadn’t heard about that until now.

KazeEternal said:

September 27th, 9:04 am

If there is still a Vita port, it’ll likely get cancelled soon. Sony has clearly shown a lack of willingness to support anything other than PS4. Its a shame. I love my Vita, but their responsibility with this product has kind of pulled the future of any playstation product including PlayStation VR into question as a good purchase.

Ryan Clements said:

September 27th, 10:05 am

Thanks for the comment, FlashDrivePrime! Apologies for any confusion the language may have caused, it has been updated.

To confirm, Journey Collector’s Edition on PS4 will entitle you to the following:

Journey (PS4, PS3)
    Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
    Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Thank you!

febwtf said:

September 27th, 12:45 pm

Ryan:

You could have just said “No, there’s no Vita port”. BEYOND!

robnmishlv said:

September 27th, 9:01 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Just can’t wait for the uncharted collection, never actually finished 2 and 3, a good reason to put down my other controller and the witcher and fire up my PS4!!

Ryan Clements said:

September 27th, 9:05 am

It appears you have broken the comments section with your excitement. :-D

iREVOLTER said:

September 28th, 1:54 am

Great Scott! You broke the comment section, but why?

quicksilver524 said:

September 27th, 9:03 am

Lame drop again, but looking forward to fallout…
Remote play is by far the best way to enjoy your vita again, highly recommend!
Also, tommygunn is as lame as this drop, just a heads up.

slambert215 said:

September 27th, 9:17 am

Ooh are we getting a vita version of journey? Instant buy if true!

o_haku-jin_o said:

September 27th, 9:17 am

OMG Onigiri!!! I’ve been playing it on my japanese account, had no idea it was coming so soon to the U.S.!!! Finally a full understanding of quests! THANK YOU!! Still free to play??

ZQuestion said:

September 27th, 9:20 am

For this week… Digital
Dynamite Fishing World Games for the PS4… I have the UK release and it is a fun little game.Simple and goofy. Should be cheap.. around the $3-5 price range.
The Beta’s this week are a nice touch also..

Retail Pick…
Persona 4: Dancing All Night for the VIta… A must for rhythm fans and will tide you over until Xonic…

MrPonuraski said:

September 27th, 9:24 am

Please tell me there’s a PS1 Classics sale incoming. I can’t believe you didn’t have one for the 20th PS1 Anniversary in the US, especially that the damn EU store just had a wonderful sale for PS1 games.

Phenix--Nguyen said:

September 27th, 9:24 am

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection can’t wait!!!!
Anyone that doesn’t have Journey yet or never played it, should pick up Journey Collector’s Edition. Not only will you get on of the best indies game ever made you will also get 2 other amazing game with it. Flow and Flower. And I’m not a big supporter for indies games.

zzamaro said:

September 27th, 9:24 am

Megaman Legends for me. Hopefully we’ll also get the second one soon.

eggmiester28 said:

September 27th, 9:33 am

Holy ****, megaman legends.I never thought i’d live to see the day that it was released on psn.

Alastor424 said:

September 27th, 9:35 am

Mega Man Legends! Great game. Never played the 2nd.
Stoked to see how the Uncharted Collection looks.

hawjboi2009 said:

September 27th, 9:35 am

i won’t buy Uncharted Collection for ps4 on launch day because Uncharted 4 is too far from release date so i buy it in one week before Launch day of Uncharted 4 like March 11. NBA 2k16 is best hoop game ever i playing.. Great Job 2ksports

NaNa_G_ said:

September 28th, 1:09 pm

If you’re interested in playing the Uncharted 4 Beta in December I would buy the Collection before then. (That’s how you get access to the beta.)

Cicken said:

September 27th, 9:35 am

M-E-G-A-M-A-N-L-E-G-E-N-D-S!!!!!!!!

TheBigSpoon said:

September 27th, 9:36 am

Wait, It says Journey is coming to the Vita, is this true!?

Seluhir said:

September 27th, 9:47 am

I thought Overlord: Fellowship of Evil was supposed to hit PS4 this week as well… I haven’t seen any news of a delay. Huh, that was the only thing I was really looking forward to this week lol

cusman said:

September 27th, 9:55 am

Uncharted – The Nathan Drake Collection!!… oh demo

ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

September 29th, 11:14 am

Yep, a demo for a remaster. Makes the PS3 versions look like Pre-Alpha. lol

mthodmn101 said:

September 27th, 10:06 am

C’mon guys, did you actually think Journey was going to release on Vita? Vita was a legacy console to Sony weeks after launch.

Rezolution77 said:

September 28th, 10:19 am

A legacy console, for legacy games.
    Seems to me Journey is a legacy game, so yes.

By your words, we might as well bury it, right?
    Well, it won’t be me just yet.

Skater_Ricky said:

September 27th, 10:09 am

@Ryan, You forgot to mention two game’s.

– Grand Ages: Medieval Coming to PS4 on September 29th

– LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack comes out Today! (09/27/2015) on PS4 and PS3.

DinoCap666 said:

September 27th, 10:38 am

I love Mega Man Legends, it’s like an open world action RPG. Also the final boss is excruciatingly hard.

Rezolution77 said:

September 28th, 10:34 am

Might have been excited for this 4 years ago.
    Not so much now, but will be watching it for a sale, since I did buy the other 3 PSone Megaman’s to see them go on sale afterward.

Glad to see they are adding them, but should have been done before the Vita was ever released.

xXtheicon67Xx said:

September 27th, 10:38 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY I cant wait for mega man legends thank you so much :D

TeamGreen615 said:

September 27th, 10:40 am

I loved the days when we also got a new portable sports game on release day. Madden, NCAA Football, NBA, Golf, and even NASCAR. You just put the UMD in the trusty ol’ PSP and it was game time. Yes Sir, no remote play needed.

ACESMONEY said:

September 27th, 11:35 am

ENOUGH WITH THE 8 BIT INDY GAMES. XBOX IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER EVERY WEEK. I’m finding myself losing my attachment with the PlayStation brand. Sony is not for the players anymore. They are all about more money. Wake up sony because if you don’t you’ll go by the wayside like Nintendo has. Your slogan is greatness awaits… Well, the gamers are still waiting. Why is that? Even the hard line PlayStation fanboys are starting to grumble now but you refuse to do anything about it just like Nintendo. Maybe the grass is greener on the other side.

Tinye310 said:

September 28th, 11:27 am

Oh yah, I remember reading in the news that the sky is falling.

>.>

Death8u4u said:

September 28th, 4:48 pm

While I agree that the 8 bit games have been overused lately, Sony has no real control over that. Companies make whatever game they want to and they then release it on Sony’s console. If it was an actual studio owned by Sony (Naughty Dog, for example) that was making all of these 8 bit games, you would definitely have a point. As it stands you’re barking up the wrong tree.

jebslim said:

September 27th, 11:54 am

Karate Champ, Mega Man Legends (I expect Legends 2 in the near future as well, to complete the set,) Dungeon Defenders 2, Hardware: Rivals, Onigiri, P4: Dancing All Night,, Samurai Warriors 4-2, AND Tony Hawk 5.

For some reason, I was thinking this would be a slow week. Best drop I’ve personally seen in a while.

ElektroDragon said:

September 27th, 11:56 am

This list should make one thing abundantly clear to astute observers: The video game market collapse is coming, very very quickly.

SlyCooperFan100 said:

September 27th, 12:45 pm

Not sure what you’re talking about. If the video game market collapse is coming, it won’t be because of this list at all. Go to Steam for that.

WingerNu1 said:

September 27th, 6:57 pm

Oh no… Some ‘astute observer’ doesn’t comprehend development cycles and expects AAA games that appeal to every group of gamers to drop every week… Such a shame.

Rezolution77 said:

September 28th, 10:30 am

@ElectroDragon
    It is like that with the entertainment industry. It happens like that in cycles.

Music is the easiest to notice it with, if you ever listened to a radio station long enough. It will get on your nerves eventually, until you turn it off. Then a few to several months later, you will start hearing music you enjoy again.

I definitely wouldn’t say it is collapsing. Sony just has a very bad problem with their media team, and rarely have the ability to inform customers of all the games not being mentioned.

Partly due to projects being closed, or unsure of definite timelines about release, since they are sometimes legally bound not to use false advertising. (claiming a product, that doesn’t exist)

There are rumors about upcoming games from certain members, but you have to be wary, since some are messing with you, and some are paid to advertise/sell.

febwtf said:

September 27th, 12:15 pm

Agetec! What happened? You were doing so well putting your shovelware PS1 games on the PSN, I was hoping to pick up Star Shooter Sanvein. Oh well, I’ll go back to playing the JP version instead.

SlyCooperFan100 said:

September 27th, 12:30 pm

Mega Man Legends!!! That was a complete shock and surprise, thanks guys! Any announcement on pricing yet?

N7Spartansw0rd said:

September 27th, 12:31 pm

Onigiri is finally coming out! Been interested in this for awhile

kandykidzero said:

September 29th, 1:33 pm

Same here, but now it looks like it is postponed again >_<

febwtf said:

September 27th, 12:42 pm

Hey Agetec!

What happened to the PS1 games? Can you release Star Shooter Sanvein please? I’ve already bought it off the JP PSN, I’d buy the US release too if you put it on the store!

magicmix13 said:

September 27th, 12:59 pm

OMG, Karate Champ!!! I remember that one from back in the day. I just might get that. I’m also interested in Onigiri and the Uncharted demo. It actually looks like a pretty good week to me. Thanks.

magicmix13 said:

September 29th, 2:32 pm

Ok, so now, Onigiri is not launching. What the?????

Krieggier said:

September 27th, 1:23 pm

For some reason, I haven’t been able to fully get into the PS Store on my PS3 in weeks. When I get in, none of the side tabs are available, only the top, but I can’t select anything yet.

Snowgoons said:

September 29th, 12:01 pm

Same here the ps3 store is messed up Sony please look into it you guys have to have noticed it

coffin_eder said:

September 27th, 1:45 pm

I have a dream…
The day the ps1 and ps2 games can be played on ps4 and these games have at least one trophy to stay in the list of games played .

GamerJon92 said:

September 27th, 3:44 pm

Cant wait for Dungeon Defenders II (Beta) was just remembering how great it was on PS3 and to find out its coming to PS4 is great . Cant wait for tuesday. Hardware Rivals looks awesome to

c2104225 said:

September 27th, 3:45 pm

great drop. though id love to see azure dreams, and dlc cheats for old games… not sure how that could be done.

lemmingwarrior said:

September 27th, 3:50 pm

Still no word on magic duels at least I can play dd2 will I wait

cman199 said:

September 27th, 4:04 pm

Can’t wait for Tuesday so I can pick up my Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition!

Tjoeb123 said:

September 27th, 4:29 pm

Here’s what I’m playing next week:

P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D MegaMan Legends P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D P4D

juicy_monzai said:

September 27th, 5:52 pm

I want Growlanser Generations in PS Classics!

..just saying

EnobmahChoas said:

September 27th, 6:29 pm

P4D, that is all and no I haven’t tried P4G enhanced version…

Ciel_Leila said:

September 27th, 6:33 pm

Is Samurai Warriors 4-II a cross buy?

TwinDad said:

September 27th, 6:42 pm

I will be dancing all night with Persona.

I don’t care fro MMOs, however that Onigiri looks interesting.

iREVOLTER said:

September 28th, 1:51 am

Oni giri oni giri oni giri.

amour_175 said:

September 28th, 3:33 am

Nice game

SonicRift said:

September 28th, 4:45 am

Big week! Toto Temple is an amazing couch multiplayer game! So excited!

WARFARE_XIX said:

September 28th, 4:47 am

UNCHARTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. i’m just trying to see if i could break the comments section too. XD ..also, really looking forward to the nathan drake collection just a few days away. XD

WARFARE_XIX said:

September 28th, 4:50 am

awesome. (^_^)b

Volken_us said:

September 28th, 5:53 am

Persona !!!! I cannot wait for it.

Clearly, PS Vita is the must have for Rythm Games !

Korahn27 said:

September 28th, 8:33 am

Really wish we could get PSone Classics on the PS4

bertraar2 said:

September 28th, 9:21 am

October 26th is the 11th GTA: San Andreas Anniversary so how about a port to the PSVITA…thought I’d might as well try to ask #AtLeastOiiTried

doglesby14 said:

September 28th, 9:30 am

Just got a question about the Nathan Drake Collection Demo. Is it limited in any way other than chapters to play? As in can it be replayed after completed?

boxmyth said:

September 28th, 10:00 am

I still own the original Mega Man Legends disc, but I’ll pick up the PSN version too to encourage Capcom to finally continue the wonderful series that was ahead of its time.

PAGE 1 2