Knack 2

Oct 01

Oct 01

Attend the Minecraft: Story Mode Premiere in Hollywood, New Cast Details

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by Senior Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

Minecraft Story Mode

Today we can announce that Telltale Games and Mojang are holding a special WORLD PREMIERE launch event for ‘Minecraft: Story Mode’ in Hollywood, CA on October 12th at the ArcLight Cinerama Dome! The Minecraft community, Telltale fans, and ESPECIALLY PlayStation players are invited to join in on the ‘World’s Largest Let’s Play’ as the audience cheers and directs the action on the big screen. Tickets to the event will be at no cost. If you’d like to attend, just email minecraftpremiere[at]telltalegames[dot]com for more information. Seating will be limited and tickets will be offered in advance on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay! This is your chance to participate in a very special event ahead of the public PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 digital launch on October 13th. The retail season pass disc, which contains Episode 1 and entitles you to download Episodes 2-5 as they release, will hit stores on October 27th.

We also have a brand-new trailer for the season premiere right here. This one gives you a little more info on the members of the Order of the Stone, four heroes you can expect to be quite significant in this adventure!

Did you miss the very first pieces of info on the series? No worries, we can fill you in. In ‘Minecraft: Story Mode,’ playing as either a male or female hero named ‘Jesse,’ you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect; slayers of the Ender Dragon. While at EnderCon in hopes of meeting Gabriel the Warrior, Jesse’s friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and you must set out on a quest to find The Order of the Stone if you are to save your world from oblivion.

We’re also ready to announce some entirely new cast details (and re-confirm a couple we’ve already mentioned)! If you’ve been keeping up with the news so far, you’ll already know the season will feature Patton Oswalt as male Jesse and Catherine Taber as female Jesse. You’ll also hear Brian Posehn as Axel, Ashley Johnson as Petra, Scott Porter as Lucas, Martha Plimpton as Olivia, Billy West as the narrator, and Paul Reubens as Ivor. Also announced today, in the role of the four ‘Order of the Stone’ members, we have Dave Fennoy as Gabriel the Warrior, Corey Feldman as Magnus the Griefer, Grey Griffin as Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer, and John Hodgman as Soren the Architect. In short, that’s a pantheon of talent we’re beyond excited to be working with!

Thanks as ever for reading, and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below! We can’t wait to share the season premiere with you.

Minecraft Story Mode

Add Your Own

gerneric123 said:

October 1st, 9:04 am

Will the Vita version get a retail release when it eventually comes out?

WarCraft0224 said:

October 15th, 4:06 pm

Yes I agree I want them to release the psvita version.

fudgenasty21 said:

October 1st, 9:10 am

wow this looks bad

WarCraft0224 said:

October 15th, 4:07 pm

Yeah this does look sweet and after seeing that trailer I want that game soooo bad.

Psikorps said:

October 1st, 9:55 am

My son can’t wait for this. But he will be waiting a long time still, as these episodic games are annoying to play through each part only to have to wait so long to get the next part. When the game is actually done and complete I’ll buy this for sure, but not in installments.

Swedishgamer3 said:

October 2nd, 12:07 pm

I hope your son will find it good game :)

Fuhr31 said:

October 1st, 9:59 am

MS advertisement on the PS blog…

MakaiOokami said:

October 1st, 3:16 pm

Why does it matter. Sony gets the same cut of the sale either way right?

They paid 2 billion dollars, let them get some publicity on the PS blog, it’s not like people don’t know of this small company named Microsoft. XD

K11I9N14G7 said:

October 1st, 10:00 am

It’s nice to see Telltell doing new things however please finish what’s on your plate first…namely The Tales from Borderlands episodes. I hate to complain and it might be off subject but Life is Strange which came out three or months after Tales is wrapping up in a timely manner in just a couple of weeks. Life is Strange is great series btw.

opikal said:

October 1st, 10:52 am

I can’t trust this. It has taken them almost a year for Tales From the Borderlands.

Swedishgamer3 said:

October 2nd, 12:08 pm

Is a chapter in this game going to be as long like a chapter in walking dead? The first part in walking dead is about 5 or 6 minutes maybe 8

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

October 2nd, 1:33 pm

I am actually kind of looking forward to this. Though I do think they need to finish what they started first and honestly I would’ve preferred to see The Wolf Among Us season 2.

WarCraft0224 said:

October 15th, 4:10 pm

I’m looking forward to this also.

Kevin_David_Sosa said:

October 2nd, 4:52 pm

Any split screen ? i’m just kidding sorry :)

Ghadente said:

October 2nd, 8:23 pm

… i don’t know about this one.
I think telltale games are great, and i definitely enjoy some minecraft. But this game doesn’t look up to par with either. As a minecraft game, it won’t have the freedom to build/explore whatever you desire (which to me is the main reason to play minecraft). As a telltale game, seems like it will be sub-par and childish compared to the other TT titles.
really doubt this game will succeed in giving players of minecraft or telltale what they seek.

dirtylemons said:

October 3rd, 6:34 pm

I have to agree. I’ll buy this out of respect to Telltale’s past several ventures, but I’m just going to grab the first episode, not the season pass. Nothing I’ve seen of this looks to be up to par with their recent output, and I’m extremely skeptical, unfortunately.

EmeraldLeviathan said:

October 4th, 10:10 am

Haha, Season Pass ‘disc,’ what a joke. Please release the disc after all episodes have been placed on it. I hate that they are even advertising this as a ‘retail’ release. :/

D-U-L-O-W said:

October 4th, 7:23 pm

looks interesting ill get it

anton1453 said:

October 5th, 6:35 am

Looks great, about to pre-order ;)