Knack 2

Oct 09

Oct 09

New Trailer Revealed for LEGO Marvel’s Avengers

Arthur Parsons's Avatar Posted by Game Director, TT Games

It’s New York Comic Con week, which is always an exciting time of the year. However, this year it’s especially exciting for us as we finally get to reveal a little bit more about LEGO Marvel’s Avengers on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. We’ve been busy in the studio working hard on the game, but NYCC is our time to assemble (see what I did there) and Hulk Smash!

From the very start of the project, we wanted the game to be more than just the two amazing Avengers movies featuring our favorite Marvel Super Heroes. As such, we not only focused on retelling the fantastic story of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, but went deeper into everything related to the Avengers past and present. We’re now able to reveal that we have playable content in the game that focuses on Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, which allows us to squeeze all sorts of fun gameplay, jokes, and characters into a terrific package of a videogame. We’re all huge fans of the Marvel Universe here at TT Games, so we’ve definitely gone to town with what we’re putting into the game on the Marvel Cinematic and Comic side.

We want to make sure that LEGO Marvel’s Avengers is a videogame that appeals to anyone who has the slightest attraction to Marvel and their amazing characters, so we’ve made sure that our roster is second to none. We’re including all of the characters from both Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, of course, and then delving into the comic books for our fun free play. Players will be able to enjoy the main story, explore our reimagination of LEGO Manhattan, experience places like Asgaard, Washington DC, Malibu, Barton Farm, and much more.

LEGO Marvel Avengers

The entire development team at TT and our inspirational partners at Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, Marvel, and LEGO, are really trying to outdo ourselves with this game. We’re crafting the most authentic and fun Avengers experience possible while ensuring that there are surprises around every corner… and we mean every corner. Hold on tight, January 26th, 2016 can’t come soon enough!

Add Your Own

Korahn27 said:

October 9th, 10:26 am

I honestly didn’t think there would be allowed to be any more LEGO/Marvel stuff due to Marvel being in the Disneyverse / Disney Infinity (same thought about Star Wars now that I think about it). Does this mean Marvel characters might appear in LEGO Dimensions sometime in the future.

My son loves the TT Lego titles (we have them all since LEGO Star Wars on PS2) so this will likely be on his birthday wish list.

thebgj said:

October 9th, 10:45 am

Soooooooo its the same game as Lego Marvel Super Heroes but with some added characters?

T40Rs731N said:

October 9th, 4:18 pm

Yes. Yes it is. Those words at the end that state that the game contains content from these franchises is all a clever ruse. Nothing to see here, including the above comment.

On topic: Awesome looking game. I love these games simply for their couch co op and narrative.

Nothing wrong with great games that aren’t always online.

Thwip said:

October 9th, 11:03 am

Any chance we’ll see a Spidey cameo in the game; or even as an unlockable/playable character?

KBG29 said:

October 9th, 11:14 am

Looking forward to getting this for my 3G Vita. Thank you so much for continuing to support the best smartphone ever made.

Sixdee4 said:

October 9th, 2:24 pm

So… is this going to be a FULL version of the game and not the fake, no fun, DS ported version like the Lego Marvel Supers Game I was tricked into buying? (Yes, I see that there will be no DS version of this game, but my question still stands. Will this be a full version of the game?)

StuTX said:

October 9th, 3:43 pm

Day 1 Vita physical copy purchase! Hope to see a cool exclusive mini figure with the pre order.

Rezolution77 said:

October 10th, 9:35 am

My kids love these, and Batman 2 (Vita) was one of my first PS plats.

Doesn’t hurt WB is one of my favorite developers (next to Ubisoft) due to your pricing, and your positive influence on gaming/storytelling.

Not sure how many I can take though, since I just picked up Batman 3 on Steam ( being one of the few I didn’t for PS3 during your $5 sale, which was great on your part, truly).

Pretty much done with Sony though, and not buying a PSmore, so will see you on Steam and possibly Vita.

Xak_Ev01v3d said:

October 11th, 1:22 am

So the first Lego Marvel game wasn’t really an extension of the MCU because it had its own story. With this game being integrated with the MCU stories and characters, will the X-Men be excluded from this one?

Superstone said: