PlayStation VR

Oct 09

Oct 09

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection Now Available on PS4

Victor Harris's Avatar Posted by Associate Producer, SCEA

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

The day has finally arrived — Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is here. You can now relive (or experience for the first time) the single player campaigns for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, one of the most revered game series of all time. Within Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, follow the perilous journey of Nathan Drake across the globe, from his humble beginnings to his extraordinary discoveries.

We’re extremely proud of the work Bluepoint Games has done to make this the definitive edition of the Uncharted series. We’re looking forward to reading and watching your reactions, whether you’re experiencing the games for the first time or revisiting the trilogy to relive your favorite Uncharted moments. Here is a brief look at what we’ve packed into this collection:

• Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer Beta – purchasers of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will receive exclusive access to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer Beta while the Beta is available. PlayStation Plus membership required to access the Beta.
  • Faster Frame Rate – All three games were pushed towards being locked at 60 FPS where possible.
  • Camera, Movement and Aim – In order to unify all three games, we adjusted the speed of camera movement, the stickiness of aim assist, and how the camera handled diagonal movement in Uncharted 3 and rebuilt the aim assist in Drake’s Fortune.
  • Controller Layout –We remapped buttons to ensure players did not have to switch between different control schemes with each game. We also tweaked some of the controller layout decisions based on player’s familiarity with The Last of Us Remastered.
  • Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Grenade Gameplay – We’ve brought the grenade gameplay in Drake’s Fortune in line with the other two games. Players no longer need to equip a grenade to throw one and can also throw grenades in various ways while hanging or while in cover.
  • Trophy Tuning and Additions – We added in over 3,500 new trophy points and 3 new Platinum Trophies.
  • Languages – All three games now support 22 languages!
  • Music Enhancements – Music was upgraded across all three games to support surround sound systems for a better overall audio experience.
  • Three New Gameplay Modes:
    • Explorer – an “as easy as possible” mode to let new players enjoy exploring as they follow along with the narrative.
    • Brutal – a new “as hard as possible” mode called Brutal, an intense challenge, but not a torturous experience.
    • Speed Run – Players can practice with Chapter Select and set best times for each chapter or play continuous runs from a New Game to set their best overall scores.
  • Photo Mode – Players can now capture their favorite moments and most breathtaking scenes via Photo Mode.
  • Enhanced Statistics and Friends Leaderboards – We added support for tracking player statistics across the three games.
  • Enhanced Visuals – Visual improvements include enhancements to lighting and shadows, materials, shaders, and visual effects. The models and textures are improved and we’ve added ambient occlusion and motion blur where such rendering features weren’t originally supported.
  • Better Movies – All of the movies were re-rendered to include all the visual improvements made to the games themselves, such as better lighting, improved models and textures – and to display at 1080p, 60 FPS.

Want to create your own #UnchartedMoments? Make your own with the Uncharted Moments GIF Wall. The Naughty Dog team has been having some fun with the GIF creator already. Check it out:

If you’re new to the Uncharted franchise, welcome! We recommend playing the games in order, starting with Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. If you’re one of the many who has “charted” their adventures on the PS3 versions, welcome back! We’re looking forward to seeing your Speed Run times and Photo Mode shots!

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake CollectionUncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Add Your Own

joaryche said:

October 9th, 9:04 am

I will definitely get this, but will wait for a price drop since i have these three games already for ps3.

NX_Nytrux said:

October 9th, 11:57 am

Me too, i’ll wait for a price drop. I have them for PS3, but I haven’t played Uncharted 3 yet, so play it on ps3 or wait for ps4 version? Any suggestions?

KazeEternal said:

October 9th, 9:08 am

Can’t wait to play them again. Greatness Awaits with these small beginnings.

AriesWarlock said:

October 9th, 9:11 am

Great. Now let’s bring that God of War collection for PS4. Oh, but please update the save system for the first two games so we can have unlimited saves. Thanks!

Strangeheaven said:

October 9th, 10:13 am

Oh god no. No more God of War games please. Sony need to put time and effort to make new and original ips.

NX_Nytrux said:

October 9th, 11:59 am

I agree, no more God of War ultra mega god edition HD.

Twilight_Error said:

October 9th, 9:11 am

I completely missed the PS3 era (life can be funny that way), so this will be my first experience with the Uncharted series. If it’s half as good as The Last of Us, I will not be disappointed. So glad to have a chance to play through these — thanks!!

Slothemo said:

October 9th, 9:13 am

I have to say I am excited to play these again and with the updates done to them I think it’s going to be one hell of a ride!

Strangeheaven said:

October 9th, 10:09 am

But to sacrifice the Multiplayer in return for improvement’s.

Mercenary09 said:

October 9th, 9:17 am

I’m headed out to pick this up shortly. Plan to Platinum all 3 of them again. Thanks for bringing them to PS4 with all the improvements!

Strangeheaven said:

October 9th, 10:06 am

Minus the Multiplayer.

Seeing_Red_Again said:

October 9th, 9:18 am

It’s really disappointing that there is no 30fps option like The Last of Us Remastered recieved. Some of us love the movie feel it adds to Uncharted. Could you please patch the option in to the collection?

opikal said:

October 9th, 9:47 am

I agree, I played the demo and it felt very slippery and loose.

Sean_Pierce said:

October 9th, 3:28 pm

Same. They’re over looking the fact some of us wants to enjoy the game remastered at its ORIGINAL frame rate. 30fps is like the 24fps for movies but in video games. But even with that aside, that’s 30fps is how I enjoyed the Uncharted games. The Last of Us Remastered provided us with that option so I’m surprised this one did not. Keyword: option, so that those who enjoy it can revet to 30fps and those who don’t won’t have to.

Thankful they support motion blurs, thank God, but 30 fps lock would be appreciated!

Solidmgsnake said:

October 9th, 7:16 pm

High frame rate is the future for films and has been for games. Yet people can’t seem to apprecaite it unfortunately. Those games only ran at that frame rate because of hardware limitations and now we can full appreciate it. Seeing every frame of animation at a high frame rate is wonderful. I feel sorry for those who think otherwise

ElektroDragon said:

October 9th, 9:19 am

This collection would have sold far better at $40 Sony. I know its 3 games, 3 platinums, etc. but most folks have played them all already so its hard to shell out $60 to play them again.

Death8u4u said:

October 9th, 3:11 pm

I was actually going to buy it at the $60 pricetag. Then I realized they stripped the multiplayer out of the game entirely. No way I’ll pay that much for 3 HD remakes of games I’ve already beaten and platinumed without any access to the other part of the games. I know the first game didn’t have online…but the other two had a very large multiplayer system that is simply non-existent in this remake.

I probably won’t even buy it at this point…even with a price drop due to the fact that by the time the price drops…I’ll already be messing around with Uncharted 4 and possibly the next Last of Us.

spoonTRex said:

October 9th, 9:25 am

Is there an option to lock the games BACK to 30fps? (like Infamous SS had?) Not saying I’m going to, but curious if the option is available, or not.

Crazymanwalking1 said:

October 9th, 9:25 am

even though i have all three ganes on PS3, This collection is well worth the $60(the theme is sweet!) The controls in Drakes Fortune are greatly improved from the original. really looking forword to how well Among Thieves and Drakes Deception look and play. Those 3 platinum’s shall be mine!

Crazymanwalking1 said:

October 9th, 9:28 am

*games

Come on blog team please let us edit our posts

cusman said:

October 9th, 9:33 am

Time to go to my local GameStop and pick up my pre-ordered copy. This weekend will be awesome!

medenko1975 said:

October 9th, 9:35 am

why people whine? 60$ in USA, 70€ in Europe.

You buy it and resell it for 40$/€ in month, where’s the problem?

bray4ever8 said:

October 9th, 10:25 am

If you have a gamer’s club membership at Best Buy you can get it for 20% off or $47 day one.

Kharmeister said:

October 9th, 9:40 am

Does the current “spend $100, get $15” SEN promotion apply to Canadians as well? Every such promotion so far has and I see the deal advertised on the Canadian PSN, but the details of the promo onli mention the US and Mexico. Could someone clear this up so I don’t end up spending $100 for nothing?

ElektroDragon said:

October 9th, 9:44 am

Because I do not resell my games and I do not finish them in just on month. Try years.

spacedelete2 said:

October 9th, 9:58 am

you can see Drake’s arse crack in the article image lol.

Strangeheaven said:

October 9th, 10:04 am

How can you call it the definitive version of Uncharted when it’s lacking Multiplayer,co-op and bonus material that was included in the ps3 versions. I just can’t believe Naughtydog left out Multiplayer for Uncharted 2. I would of payed full price for this,if Multiplayer was included but not now. Best to keep the definitive versions on ps3.

Slothemo said:

October 9th, 10:14 am

I think the multiplayer was fun but I never thought of it as part of the main game. It was great but the single player experience was really what these games were about and now to be able to capture them all in a way for a new generation of gamers to play is worth it to me.

DiazVice1999 said:

October 9th, 11:05 am

I just wanted to thank you for adding Greek Subtitles in the collection! Getting the special edition in a couple of days :)

wheskeydean said:

October 9th, 11:07 am

I would like to know if you can use every skin across all 3 games. Like, if I want to use Nepal drake in Drakes Forutne that would be awesome.

death_nation100 said:

October 9th, 11:13 am

Is Uncharted 4 is rated T for Teens? They need successful T rated Titles.

DeathWhisperer7 said:

October 9th, 11:30 am

Awesome was gonna buy it on 7th but had first exam on 8th, now i will buy it next month hopefully prices will go down.

P.S New to this franchise :D

DragonessHera said:

October 9th, 12:25 pm

Is this why there’s no sale this week? You think people just want to buy this and nothing else? PS Store in Europe got a sale, why can’t we?

GunnerFCm said:

October 9th, 12:33 pm

My copy is at home, lonely in the mailbox, and I am at work! Mush, ye hours, mush!

saiyanknight87 said:

October 9th, 12:52 pm

don’t feel bad i’m at work too 4 more hours to go at that :(

saiyanknight87 said:

October 9th, 12:45 pm

if we could only get the MP added on though man it would be nice to play some UC2 MP on PS4 without it being via PS now :(

TomHoang said:

October 9th, 1:04 pm

It’s so nostalgic replaying Uncharted Drake’s Fortune. I remember first downloading the demo when I first got my PS3 and having my jaw drop when Drake’s jeans get wet when he went into the water. Amazing job on the release, Bluepoint!

KnifingGrimace said:

October 9th, 1:08 pm

I love all of the Uncharted games and plan to pick up UNDC sometime soon here, but to be honest, Brutal mode kind of intimidates me. Reviews and videos I’ve seen paint it as unbearably unfun, which is disappointing since it’s necessary for the Platinum trophies. I’ll get the game and enjoy it, but I don’t intend to Platinum them like the other games if it means having to deal with Brutal mode. “Crushing” was bad enough…

apoc27 said:

October 10th, 11:53 am

Brutal isn’t required for the platinum. It’s added as a DLC trophy for each game, along with a few others.

cusman said:

October 12th, 6:26 am

Completing on Brutal, defeating last level on Normal or higher without dying, and the Continuous Speed Run overall time challenge, and a few other much easier (making use of Cheats, Costumes, Tweaks) are all added as DLC trophies.

The Platinum are almost the same exact list as the PS3 versions of the game, except there are 3 levels with speed-run targets that you can do on any difficulty, and 1 trophy for accessing Photo Mode.

The first game is still way too hard for me on Crushing, and while part two and three are more manageable to complete on Crushing, I don’t enjoy looking for collectible treasure pieces, so my only motivation to find those would be for the in-game unlockables that happen as you reach treasure collecting milestones.

RE4LNOiZE_42 said:

October 9th, 1:23 pm

If I include sales taxes, it rings up at about $86 for the game in Canada (Quebec)… HAHAHAHA, as much as I’d like to play this…. hmmm… no thanks. $86 for remasters…. as much fun as they are… holy c…. $86….

fixer1989 said:

October 9th, 3:44 pm

I am trading in my PS3 versions to take off a bit of money from this one. Hoping I get at least 10-15 bucks off.

lisatsunami said:

October 9th, 2:11 pm

My pre-load unlocked at 9 pm last night and, although I played all 3 on PS3, I started in order. Great job of remastering!

And, it’s been years since U3 (2011!!!) and by gosh I’d kind of forgotten how much fun Uncharted is. Love the dialog, love the parcours, love the puzzles and treasures.

I almost skipped buying this, silly me.

FATHASUN said:

October 9th, 2:21 pm

Been there.. done that…. going to do it all over again!!!

Sean_Pierce said:

October 9th, 3:29 pm

The lack of 30 fps is concerning to me. They’re over looking the fact some of us wants to enjoy the game remastered at its ORIGINAL frame rate. 30fps is like the 24fps for movies but in video games. But even with that aside, 30fps is how I enjoyed the Uncharted games. The Last of Us Remastered provided us with that option so I’m surprised this one did not. Keyword: option, so that those who enjoy it can revet to 30fps and those who don’t won’t have to. More importantly, Uncharted 4 will run at 30fps anyway so I might as well enjoy the entire series that way.

Very thankful they support motion blurs but 30 fps lock would be appreciated!

bgardner said:

October 9th, 6:06 pm

What about 3d for uncharted 3 why you left that out and the behind the scene stuff that was so cool unlocking that in the ps3 versions.

D-Squad3 said:

October 9th, 6:07 pm

It’s so awful that you have to beat the game in crushing first to unlock brutal. That means I have to beat each game for the 4th time just so I can play Brutal. I don’t think I have the time to do that.

cusman said:

October 12th, 6:30 am

It would be pretty punishing to first beat on Crushing (which is really really hard, at least for part one) to then be able to take on even tougher Brutal difficulty.

I prefer to just play and enjoy part one on Normal, and part two and three on Normal or Hard.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

October 9th, 7:52 pm

I will be picking this up but definitely not at $60. Imma wait for a hefty price drop. Now if you guys had brought over that special edition like EU got I would’ve had this Day 1. The fact that EU got that we didn’t makes absolutely no sense.

travis-98_q8 said:

October 9th, 9:02 pm

Just a question so i can’t download the beta is that cause my account is american and i bought the European version or is the beta not available yet?

bbswarrior_11 said:

October 9th, 10:39 pm

Started playing Drake´s Fortune after more than 6 years. Uncharted 2 and 3 I´ve gone back to every now and then but the first one I only finished once. Will be cool to finish it in crushing… I hope. So far I´ve had parts in levels I´ve had to repeat tens of times. A couple of shots and you´re almost done.

Sponge-worthy said:

October 10th, 10:49 am

This looks like a great package, but as I’ve played all these games more than once, I will wait for a price drop.

The one graphical novelty that I noticed in The Last of Us Remastered was a liberal use of a depth-of-field effect during cut scenes. As that effect was (thankfully) far less apparent during normal gameplay, the cut scenes had a bit of a jarring appearance when they would appear on-screen.

It seems like there will be a similar thing going on here. While that certainly isn’t a deal breaker, it does show that this temptation to make games more “cinematic” continues to be an irritant that studios really need to let go.

Raiden2254 said:

October 10th, 12:28 pm

Can’t wait to play it love the entire series

smithrancio123 said:

October 10th, 12:39 pm

i cant wait to get uncharted nathan drake collection PS4 bundle ill be getting it for christmas

reekeecast said:

October 10th, 12:57 pm

I played the demo and the bugs were a little annoying. I think I’ll wait a few patches or a price drop if it comes before Uncharted 4

Ceres_7 said:

October 10th, 7:04 pm

I just bought the PS 4 system with the bundled Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection, largely because this blog said it was available in 22 languages. I quite frustrated to find out that my game only has 4 languages available (English, French, Spanish, and Brazillian Portuguese) Where are the rest? I want to play the game in German. Can someone please help me?

RHICTKY said:

October 11th, 12:30 pm

It’s not listed but load times are lightning fast!

RPG_HawK said:

October 11th, 1:41 pm

Great Collection, it’s just sad that the Behind the scenes videos are not in the collection, even if they were not HD, they are still great especially the ones from Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Among Thieves had a long behind the scenes video, and Drake’s Deception had nothing.

But still what there were was really good, and it’s a shame that people who play the games for the first time on PS4 won’t have acces to them :(

Alias03 said:

October 11th, 10:29 pm

Love all three SP games, but really wish this had UC3 MP included. I know we get the beta for UC4, but I really wanted MP included. I understand not including both maybe but I feel UC3 MP should’ve been included.

XDark_HonorX said:

October 15th, 9:24 am

How about add an option to turn off the insanely strong AIM ASSIST in this game. I play with controllers on my PC all the time and can aim just fine with high sensitivity and no AIM ASSIST. So please, Naughty Dog give people that can aim the option to turn off the handicap because it actually does hurt my aim since im so used to aim assist free games on pc.

Greg0495 said:

October 15th, 1:39 pm

I want this so bad. And coming from a former XBOX player I cannot wait to experience playstation 4.

hitman_num1 said:

October 26th, 9:21 pm

Does the “Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle” come with the access pass to the U4 beta? I really need to know. I’ll only buy the bundle if it does, otherwise I’ll buy a PS4 and the disk

Robtech said:

October 28th, 2:25 pm

No vita no buy! SONY please don’t let the VITA have a young and tragic death!