God of War

Oct 25

Oct 25

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/27/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Roaring crowds, bright lights, and huge matches are coming to PlayStation this week. WWE 2K16 launches Tuesday on PS4 and PS3, and you can play as the Terminator. Not even joking.

Leading the lineup of new releases is the next chapter in 2K’s long-running wrestling series. WWE 2K16 comes packed with the largest roster in WWE games history. Play as iconic wrestlers from the past, present, and future of the franchise and grapple your way to the championship.

If you prefer questing over hitting the ring, look no further than Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, which also launches this week on PS4. The critically-acclaimed RPG features a highly strategic combat system, updated crafting mechanics, and new split-screen cooperative play.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: October 27th, 2015
Alien: Isolation – The Collection
PS4 — Digital

Alien: Isolation -- Crew Expendable
Contains the full game and seven packs of additional content. Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger.

Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid II
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid II
Ninja-Kid II is an action game that was released by UPL in 1987. Ninja-kun has new actions and weapons, and plans to overthrow Ashura. Expect lots of excitement and the thrill of even harder challenges.

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 10/30)

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition

Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks on a quest to redeem his brother’s name.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Released to overwhelming critical acclaim, Larian Studios’ RPG Divinity Original Sin returns with a host of new and enhanced content. The cooperative adventure receives a console makeover with a new, intuitive UI and dynamic split-screen for co-op, as well as a plethora of new content quests, combat styles, locations, and more.

Mega Coin Squad
PS4 — Digital

Mega Coin Squad
Brought to you by Big Pixel Studios and Adult Swim Games, Mega Coin Squad features fast-paced and explosive on-the-couch combat! Take on your friends in 1-4 player matches spanning multiple worlds and game modes.

Minecraft: Story Mode — Season Pass Disc
PS4, PS3 — Retail

Minecraft Story Mode
As Jesse, you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect — slayers of the Ender Dragon.

MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore
PS4 — Digital, Retail

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Rip, jump, and scrub your way to victory across more than 35 tracks in this vastly extended version! Only the Encore edition features the brand new Rhythm Racing mode, extra outdoor Nationals tracks, and exclusive Waypoint races in open world maps.

River City Super Sports Challenge ~All Stars Special~
PS3 — Digital (Out 10/28)

River City Super Sports Challenge All Stars Special

Reiho High School’s student council president Todo arranges an athletic meet-up to make up for the trouble caused by the ex-student council president, Yamada. But in reality, it is intended to show off the power of Reiho High School.

Tecmo’s Deception: Invitation to Darkness
PSone Classic — Digital

Tecmo's Deception

Making a deal with Satan at the moment of your death, you’re given command of the Castle of the Damned and must steal the souls of invaders to resurrect him.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
PSP / Vita — Digital (Out 10/29)

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

WWE 2K16
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

WWE 2K16
Get in the ring and raise some hell with WWE 2K16! The undisputed champion of wrestling games returns with the biggest roster in WWE games history.

PlayStation Music Logo

• The Neighbourhood – Wiped Out
  • Shigeto – Intermission
  • Teramaze – Her Halo

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
  • The Gift
  • Mr. Holmes

PlayStation Vue Logo

• NBA – All New Season, October 27th (Available on TNT)
  • Major League Baseball – American League vs. National League for World Series Championship, coverage begins October 27th (Available on FOX)
  • Supergirl – All New Season premieres October 26th at 8:30/ 7:30c (Available on CBS)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 25th, 9:24 am

Enjoy the Drop!

fededonna2 said:

October 25th, 3:43 pm

Hi Ryan, I have a QQ. Are you planning something to stop this “season pass madness” that every company is doing now? They are rising the game price to 100 instead of 60 dls. Clear examples of this are Batman, AC, Call of Duty. I hope that Sony is thinking on something to protect the customers from this abuse. Thanks in advance.

Rainwater said:

October 25th, 4:22 pm

Or you could just not buy. Season passes, DLC, etc. are all optional content. The day they aren’t, you may want to find a new hobby, as companies aren’t incentivized to do anything different as long as people pay.

micturator said:

October 26th, 4:42 am

I’d there ever going to be a new yearly tier for PS Now? It’d be great if it was $120 for the entire year. Moreover, when is PS Now going to be available for PCs and Macs? When that happens, it’s also be great to have the PC and Mac be able to stream ps4 games via remote play as can be done with the PS Vita. Remote play should be so much more comfortable on a keyboard since there are enough buttons.

micturator said:

October 26th, 4:56 am

When is oovoo video chat coming to the ps4?

KazeEternal said:

October 25th, 9:27 am

Enjoying that I still don’t have PSOne Classic support on my PS4…. when I say enjoying, I mean hating.

Mickuchiha said:

October 25th, 9:33 am

A Play Station TV (or a Vita itself) isnt that expensive nowdays

CapJSheridan said:

October 25th, 9:37 am

He’s not wrong, it’s a PS4, he should be able to emulate a PSOne with his Dual Shock tied to his back

Having to buy a PS TV to play PSOne Classics is not a solution

Lackshmana said:

October 25th, 10:01 am

I am hoping to see PS1/PS2 support announced on Tuesday as part of the Paris Games Week press conference that Sony is holding.

Tinye310 said:

October 25th, 12:30 pm

Technically buying a PS TV is a solution to the problem. It’s a device that’s made perfectly for that reason alone + other perks.

Septrelo said:

October 25th, 3:42 pm

I agree. They are not hard consoles to emulate. They could even be rebels and use one of the countless open source emulators for x86 PCs!

KazeEternal said:

October 25th, 5:07 pm

Buying a PSTV is not a solution
    1) Systems highest resolutions is 1080i and 720p.
    2) It’s not my PS4, why should I have a second device for this?
    3) Party Chat is garbage on PSTV, I’d rather use my PS4.
    4) I can’t stream on PSTV like I can on PS4, kind of a problem.
    5) Multitasking is pointless on PSTV.
    6) PSTV doesn’t have the ability to support larger capacity Hard Drives, this makes choosing a PS1 title out of my collection of 50+ games troublesome.
    7) Sony has ZERO support for the Vita line of products, why should I care about a product that Sony CLEARLY doesn’t give to shakes about?
    8) Resyncing my controllers to two different machines just to use DS4s on my PSTV is not acceptable. It takes some of the convenience out of having everything already set and ready to go.

I like my PSTV, I really do. That being said, I don’t want my PSTV to be my means of playing PSOne titles. It clearly doesn’t fit into my PS4 life, it takes up an HDMI port which honestly isn’t something I want to do. It completely misses the mark on meeting my needs.

SpooNManX said:

October 25th, 5:42 pm

PSTV is also not a solution if you want to play any of the Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon games. Which are some of the best games on the PS1. I also can’t play MotorToon Grand Prix which is an awesome kart racer.

GooieGreen said:

October 25th, 6:31 pm

Oh Kaze, you be cray-cray

morningdrive said:

October 25th, 7:07 pm

having to buy a PS4 is also silly to play PS1 games. Use your PS4 to play PS4 games. If you really want to be able to play PS1 games get a PS1. Sony doesn’t have to put support for PS1 or PS2 into its new system. It is not a requirement. Seriously though in all honesty you don’t want to buy a PSTV because you don’t want to have another device to play your PS1 games. It seems like you bought a PS4 which is way more expensive to play your PS1 games

KazeEternal said:

October 25th, 7:12 pm

@morningdrive

I have a sizable collection of PS4 games, thanks for the suggestion. However I also would like to finish Breath of Fire 4 on my PS4 along with the other PS1 classics I’m in the middle of playing.

ishralene09 said:

October 25th, 9:08 pm

For the PSTV suggestion to work, Sony must first fix their Vita PS Store. It’s frustrating how titles available on other regions aren’t even available on the US one.

JimmyLSanchez said:

October 26th, 7:21 am

Please stop complaining, everybody! I was originally in the same boat as everybody, but you need to just take it with a grain of salt. If they choose to make PSOne Support on PS4 then it will happen someday, if not then it doesn’t and it becomes a learning lesson potentially. You all fight like a bunch of whiny kids and nothing ever gets solved other than people becoming butt hurt and unnecessary drama. This is coming from someone that absolutely adores PlayStation 1 stuff! I own a PSTV just to play my PS1 games and out of the 122 games I bought for it, 118 of them are compatible, the other 4 are just PS3 compatible but I do not go and whine about the 4 that are not. They are not guaranteed to work on all systems…..Why…..Its a non-native system! Get over yourselves!

Kid_Loser said:

October 26th, 6:42 pm

I would like to have PS2 classics on my PS4. You can only do that on the PS3 for some reason. There’s no cheap easy solution for that. I wish PSTV and Vita had PS2 classics, even added to PSNow would be nice, but noooooooooo.

DoninYair said:

October 25th, 9:30 am

HI Ryan!

I really want to get into Divinity OS, but I’m deep into The Witcher 3, and there is so little time….):
At any rate, great drop this week. The flood is upon us.

gerneric123 said:

October 25th, 9:31 am

River City is for PS3 …

You’re also missing Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

October 25th, 5:03 pm

Thanks for these! Ryan is on a fancy business trip so I verified these changes on the internet and added them to the post. ^_^

HellBringer1975 said:

October 25th, 9:31 am

I thought darksiders 2 was out on the 27th as i pre ordered it from eb games and as of last night its still releasing there on the 27th disk version. so is there a mistake or is psn getting it late

HellBringer1975 said:

October 25th, 9:36 am

This item will be released on October 27, 2015. so it is the 27 by amazon , EB games and gamestop so i think you guys messed up the release date for darksiders 2

LaurenLark said:

October 25th, 7:19 pm

Must be a mistake….I’m awaiting with baited breath. D@#$$m fine game this is!

paulogy said:

October 25th, 9:32 am

Still can’t tell if I love or hate the name “Deathinitive Edition” :-). Mega Coin Squad sounds like a competitive Super Mario Bros. so I’m eager to learn more about that one.

soul_popped said:

October 25th, 9:33 am

PlayStation gets Halo, too! Except it’s a song on PlayStation Music. Same thing, right?

HitmanHomer said:

October 25th, 9:33 am

Put Rebel Galaxy up for download or eat poop. This is non-negotiable. Thank you.

fruant said:

October 25th, 9:34 am

“You were expecting Vita games? Well I’m afraid oi’ve got some bad news”

Th-thanks Barrett.

gerneric123 said:

October 25th, 10:17 am

buy trails in the sky

Seluhir said:

October 25th, 11:00 am

what gerneric said. Trails is coming this week on the 29th

poodude said:

October 25th, 9:45 am

In for Deception. Also interested in Mega Coin Squad and River City.

Rezolution77 said:

October 25th, 9:59 am

Sweet.More “Enhanced” Editions. Need I say more???

Loved River City Ransom as a kid.
Another “super-Nes” game, that would be better suited for your “Legacy” system, the Vita.

Just got to play Remember Me, as one of the few “sales” I missed on PSN through Humble Bundle, and I must say, it was worth the wait. Almost like the “Enhanced Edition”.

Hope your final Halloween sale, is even a sale, since Firefly Diaries was the only one I picked up so far, and that was for the developer.

Get it together Sony. You have so much room(hype) for greatness, but I am not seeing it yet.

sofakingkiller said:

October 25th, 10:28 am

dat new Shigeto on Playstation music tho

LaurenLark said:

October 27th, 1:58 pm

Do explain Playstation music! I don’t have and won’t bc I never recognize any of the artists. What’s the deal-o?

fudgenasty21 said:

October 25th, 10:33 am

would be nice to know the prices for these games……..

Tinye310 said:

October 25th, 12:45 pm

Is Tuesday too far!?

Seluhir said:

October 25th, 10:51 am

You guys are missing a game..

“TRAILS IN THE SKY SECOND CHAPTER COMING TO PC AND PSN ON OCTOBER 29TH”

Probably the best game to come out all year, if the first game is any indication.

HeroKillerId said:

October 25th, 11:09 am

Count me in for Deception. This will be great to pick up and play on my VITA.

madmanwithabox12 said:

October 25th, 11:12 am

Zero Vita love = bleh.

Tinye310 said:

October 25th, 12:31 pm

Trails in the sky SC 29th!!!

death_nation100 said:

October 25th, 11:21 am

River City ? Isn’t that from the series such as Renegade and River City Ransom?

janaubaUS said:

October 26th, 12:02 pm

YES, IT IS!!! =D

I was THIS CLOSE to buying this game on the Japanese PlayStation Store! I didn’t know it would be released outside of Japan! I’m so, SO HAPPY! XD

boomstickbhg said:

October 25th, 11:39 am

Why did you take Darksiders ps4 re release off of the store?

I went to pre order the new Darksiders 2 ps4 version yesterday and it wasn’t there.

It’s still not in the store today.

Why did you suddenly change(?) the release date and take down the pre order option?

Why can’t I buy Darksiders 2 for ps4 anymore?

nekokyonshi said:

October 25th, 11:40 am

Trails in the Sky SC…. FINALLY!! Tecmo’s Deception looks interesting as well!

jebslim said:

October 25th, 11:46 am

River City: Super Sports Challenge is all for me this week. I just REALLY hope it’s not as expensive as it has been for the Japanese version.

Aside from that, anyone who likes the Deception series, but hadn’t played the original, it is awesome, just remember it plays a bit differently from the newer entries.

Alucard-XII said:

October 25th, 11:53 am

HOLY COW IT’S RIVER CITY!

boomstickbhg said:

October 25th, 12:08 pm

HELLO????

SONY???

WHERE DID THE DARKSIDERS 2 PRE ORDER GO?????????????????????????????

PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THE GAME AND CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadPix1119 said:

October 25th, 12:22 pm

Is there any news on the pc port of Final Fantasy VII? I remember hearing it was coming out this month.

Tinye310 said:

October 25th, 12:32 pm

That was misinformation. I believe its release window is still Winter 2015, so it’s coming within a few months. I’m actually really excited for that one!

boomstickbhg said:

October 25th, 12:58 pm

WHEN IS DARKSIDERS 2 PRE ORDER BEING PUT BACK IN THE STORE????

WHY DID YOU REMOVE A PRE ORDER WHEN THE GAME IS OUT THIS WEEK AND THE PRE ORDER DISCOUNT ENDS ON LAUNCH DAY????

WHY ARE YOU PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM BUYING THE GAME????

IF YOU ARN’T GOING TO REPLY, THEN DO THE DROP ON A DAY YOU’LL ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO IT!!!!!!!!!!

racersimage said:

October 25th, 3:38 pm

I don’t think that they want anyone else to get the game at a discount!

Spectrum said:

October 25th, 1:20 pm

Surprised to see a PSone Classic get released. I already own it Tecmos Deception though on disc. Please Suggest again we want playable Backwards Compatibility with the store on PS4.

Shibi32 said:

October 25th, 1:39 pm

Surprised and disappointed at no mention of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter coming out on Thursday October 29.

JinZer069 said:

October 25th, 1:53 pm

Any news for MineCraft Story Mode for PS Vita?

My daughter plays Ep 1 on our XB360 right now and I would like to get her M:SM for her Vita.

gerneric123 said:

October 25th, 3:45 pm

Telltale usually waits until the season is complete before doing the Vita port. Realistically, you should expect it in 2016.

LaurenLark said:

October 25th, 7:23 pm

Apparently it’s in the works, as they say! I’m looking too

HussamFelimban said:

October 25th, 2:13 pm

Can’t believe there isn’t any Vita game mentioned. They even ignored The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PSP/Vita/PSTV), which is confirmed to release on the 29th. Bravo, Sony. Shouldn’t come as a surprise after their executive officially confirmed the cancelation of 1st party Vita games.

boomstickbhg said:

October 25th, 2:50 pm

Just when I thought the employees at sony couldn’t care less about doing a good job, this weeks drop and lack of response brings the lazy lack of work ethic on their part to a whole new low.

AizawaYuuichi said:

October 25th, 3:06 pm

Yeah so, I actually did pre-order Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition about two weeks ago. I figured the 10% discount and being able to play it Monday night after work was worth giving up the disc ownership. But now it’s being delayed for three days? Is that why my countdown timer shows the correct time, but clicking on the menu tile brings up a blank screen?
Gonna be really disappointed if it doesn’t unlock tomorrow night. You shouldn’t delay a game this close to launch when you already have the pre-order available.

LaurenLark said:

October 25th, 7:20 pm

Not delayed I don’t believe

SLICK_T said:

October 25th, 3:07 pm

I swear I promise if no mans sky does not release on Oct 27th or at least get Nov release date Im selling the ps4 and will not buy anything from playstation ever again. My plus is almost out and I will not renew as all you hand out is cell phone app games every month. Sick of wasting money on that bull. I’m also sick and tired of waiting for no mans sky.

Septrelo said:

October 25th, 3:41 pm

Didn’t realize there were classic games on PS4. Nice. Please make emulators for PS1 and PS2 on PS4 and enable the Classics from PSN for cross-buy! Would be cool to play Spyro, Crash, FF, and so on on PS4. Definitely much easier to emulate than PS3 games, too.

Superstone said:

October 25th, 4:33 pm

Poor Vita

american_36 said:

October 25th, 6:08 pm

WOW, I cant believe I didnt know about a western release of the sequel to The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky. I’m very glad it’s mentioned in The Drop, now I can plan ahead and figure out when I’ll be able to cram it into my tight gamingplan ;)

Also as I can figure from the comments, it seems that it wasnt included in The Drop at first. Stuff like that can happen, but I have faith in the Blog and the community to help make every Drop right. Just realized how important it can be if there are such “surprise games”.

Keep up the good work and thanks, both of you^^

TH_Swan_Jon said:

October 25th, 6:23 pm

Any idea when the Binding Of Issac: Afterbirth expansion is coming to PS4? Would love to put more hours into that game!

TheNerdV1776 said:

October 25th, 6:25 pm

When will F1 15 be out?

ClawOfTheFallen said:

October 25th, 8:08 pm

Fingers crossed for more PS1 Deception in the future! >w<
2 and 3 to go! o3o/

ManjoumeThunder said:

October 25th, 8:13 pm

Will I be able to upload gameplay of ps4 streams of wwe 2k16 or will they get blocked like 2k15 does currently?

RaidenReturns said:

October 25th, 8:59 pm

disappointed af

RaidenReturns said:

October 25th, 9:03 pm

ironically, i think im buying tecmos deception

okus25 said:

October 25th, 11:38 pm

Wow…….River City Super Sports Finally !
After Japan store got it like 2-3 years ago

MapleStory said:

October 26th, 1:24 am

You must have some ridiculous sense of time, considering the game came out in Japan in March this year. LOL

EnobmahChoas said:

October 26th, 12:49 am

Lol @ Bad News Borat! XD

MaryBOtero said:

October 26th, 7:27 am

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $100 per hour. I work through this link. wallstreet34.com

boxmyth said:

October 26th, 10:24 am

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Oh man oh man oh man.
So wonderful.

MrPonuraski said:

October 26th, 11:30 am

OMG, this drop is actually great. Somebody give me money for TitS SC before I do something irrational, pliz. ;_;

HellBringer1975 said:

October 26th, 11:39 am

Are there really stupid people who fall for that junk advertisement of i made $8000 last week and so can you just by sitting at your computer LOL . these people are so annoying its on every site now just look at marybetero post she just made $8000 and bought a BMW LOL . Also fix the darksiders release date as its the 27th unless psn had it changed and all the stores and xbox are the 27th still

Kid_Loser said:

October 26th, 6:47 pm

Why is The Warriors PSP no longer on the store? I wanted to get it, but it was at a crazy price of $15 compared to the PS2 classic being $10.

HellBringer1975 said:

October 26th, 7:25 pm

hey what the hell darksiders was pulled from psn 2 hours before release and no info as its fine on the x1 and the disk is out at midnight so what is sony doing now , this is sad how you guys have run psn this gen and worse we are paying now and its horrible and your customer service is horrible when i called the guy did not even know what darksiders was he had to ask me if it is a game and what system is it for WTF stop sourcing out

Welmosca said:

October 26th, 11:42 pm

Hoou Alien Isolation The Collection hu?…its really good to know about that.Never wanted to buy at launch but waiting was the right choice,now I won’t need to pay for overpriced DLC.

TrinaVMartinez said:

October 27th, 6:06 am

DragonessHera said:

October 27th, 7:49 am

Why has Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition vanished from the PS Store? Why do no retail stores have it? I know Sony didn’t make the game, but you removed it from your store for some reason. Can we please know that reason?

PAGE 1 2