God of War

Nov 17

Nov 17

HTR+ Slot Car Simulator Crosses The Finish Line Today on PS Vita

Guilhes Damian's Avatar Posted by Co-founder, QUByte Interactive.

Attention, racing enthusiasts! I’m Guilhes Damian, co-founder of Brazilian indie game studio QUByete. We are really happy to announce that our game HTR+ Slot Car Simulator is coming to PS Vita today! So this is a great opportunity to talk a little bit more about the game.

HTR+ Slot Car Simulator

This is the fruit of the combination of our passion for racing cars, old toys like the classic slot cars (or “autorama”, as we call it here in Brazil) and our desire to improve the racing games experience on handheld devices. In a certain way, we always asked ourselves here at QUByte if racing games on these platforms could have simpler and more user-friendly controls. Thus, our goal was to create something that completely eliminated the directional controls so we could focus on optimizing other aspects of the experience. And we thought slot car races would be perfect for that.

HTR+ Slot Car Simulator was designed to make the player feel the adrenaline and the speed of piloting these little fireballs, focusing only on the acceleration control. You only need one finger to control the car – a sliding bar simulates the analog acceleration control like the one on the real toy. The expectation before each curve delivers a vibrant experience of tension and suspense we were looking for.

HTR+ Slot Car Simulator

The little cars can be prepared and set with chassis, wheel, tire and motor changes in a total of 240 possible combinations to adjust them to perfection for each one of the 20 available tracks with three different difficulty settings that will please both begginers and those willing to take lots of risks! You can also build your own tracks using all kinds of pieces like loops, curves and much more to create awesome and challenging circuits. Pretty cool, right?

And if you are thinking about seeking your spot among the very best pilots, you will be pleased to know that the game is a multiplatform title, so you will be competing with players from all over the world!

HTR+ Slot Car Simulator

We hope you like our game and that it makes you remember those moments from your childhood when you imagined yourself piloting potent racing cars.

And, of course, we can’t wait to hear what you think of the game! Please, use the comment box below to let us know how this nostalgic experience feels to you. See you on the tracks! :)

Add Your Own

Cosmos87 said:

November 17th, 6:39 am

Oh my god. This is one of the coolest concepts I’ve ever seen. Sadly I don’t have a Vita. Any plans to port to PS3 or PS4? This looks too cool to miss.

Jouda34 said:

November 17th, 6:55 am

Hope that you will release it in the Europe, too. Or at least version for ps4, please.

Mickuchiha said:

November 17th, 6:57 am

PS TV Compatible?

Harerazer said:

November 19th, 1:32 am

Yeah, I’m waiting on an answer for this one too.

Tomoprime said:

November 17th, 7:01 am

Tap to continue?

JSEVERITT said:

November 17th, 11:40 am

“We are really happy to announce that our game HTR+ Slot Car Simulator is coming to PS Vita today!”

“Tap to Continue” makes sense…

Hefestus91 said:

November 17th, 8:20 am

This looks really cool. Will it have local ad-hoc multiplayer?

NEOMERCER said:

November 17th, 9:12 am

Just pulled up some PC gameplay on YouTube and man…That’s sort of what I was expecting. Except the camera just really made me dizzy. These were really fun back in the day and you had to be careful not to run your car off the track by going to fast but this just doesn’t look all that fun. And since you blow through the tracks so fast I don’t think the track creator will really make me feel that special :/. There are times where something can be too simplistic. Handheld/mobile racers can be overly complicated in their control scheme but I don’t know man. I’m sure with other people it can be pretty fun for a while. I hope this is either really cheap or has some kind of demo or something. Oh, well it’s 9.99 on Steam. I think I’ll keep researching first.

Hakumen__ said:

November 17th, 11:47 am

Looks amazing! How much does it costs?

Harerazer said:

November 19th, 1:30 am

$9.99/ $7.99 PS+

ngreatshark said:

November 17th, 1:25 pm

I’m a big sim racing fan, the idea of slot car racing seemed a little weird to me at first. I remember having a set as a kid and I just wondered how could that transfer over into a truly competitive race experience, but after reading this blog it does have me interested in this game. Sometimes a game can be simple yet surprisingly deep and Im wondering if this might be one of those games that after getting a couple races down it makes me want to master the small details to get better around the track and faster times. Definitely want to see and find out more on this game.

PainOfSarrow said:

November 17th, 2:20 pm

You can also build your own tracks using all kinds of pieces like loops, curves and much more to create awesome and challenging circuits. … Now thats what i like to hear. You should bring it to the PS3 aswell.

PanTheMan16 said:

November 17th, 3:31 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this game and was just about to buy it, but I decided I should read some Steam reviews first. I have now changed my mind. :/

Welmosca said:

November 17th, 10:35 pm

Hoou brazilian devs…damn this game looks really good,a lot of fun thanks for the support for Vita I’ll be trying this out for sure.Any word on a demo?

Harerazer said:

November 19th, 1:31 am

1 player and Network features means no online play, just leaderboards, right?