Farpoint

Nov 18

Nov 18

Rocket League: Chaos Run Coming This December

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

The post-apocalypse is definitely in vogue this year, which is more than enough reason to bring that theme to Rocket League!

Slated for release this December, our fantastic new “Chaos Run” DLC will include all sorts of badass goodies inspired by the end of all civilized things, including…

• 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
  • 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
  • 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
  • 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
  • 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
  • 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
  • 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
  • 5 New Trophies

As always, our paid DLC will also ship with a free new arena called Wasteland! Based on a field of the same name from the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Wasteland is the first “non-regulation” pitch to come to Rocket League.

Rocket League: Chaos RunRocket League: Chaos Run

How is Wasteland different? It’s physically-wider than all other stadiums and has a completely-dissimilar Boost placement. The biggest difference, though, is that the ground itself is sloped around the entire perimeter of the arena, making for matches that feel much different than typical Rocket League contests. It’s the first of many “unusual” arena designs that we plan to introduce in the future, and they’re only going to get more interesting from here.

Several other free items, including new music from Kevin Riepl and several new Garage items are slated for the release as well. And we’ll have some additional announcements about the game coming up over the next few weeks.

Chaos Run will retail for $3.99 (or its regional equivalent) and ship sometime in early December. See you then!

Add Your Own

GooieGreen said:

November 18th, 9:06 am

New trophies :D

BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

November 18th, 9:17 pm

New trophies :(

Stop it, stop trying to take my 100%. Squeezing another damn $4 out of me. sob.

Neolit said:

November 18th, 11:57 pm

I snatched Rocket League during its ps+ free offering and I have played it ever since.
    Thank you for rekindling my childhood love for football.
    Also, as a matter of principle, I purchase all your DLCs to support your game (it being an outstanding product!). I hope other players are doing the same. Psyonix!

NEOMERCER said:

November 18th, 9:07 am

I guess that that one guy is going to need to remake his Mad Max video now.

Blackballhog said:

November 18th, 9:11 am

i liked wasteland in SSABRPBC, I’m sure it’s going to be awesome. Keep up the great work!

Mercenary09 said:

November 18th, 9:22 am

Rocket League is the game that just keeps on giving. Thanks guys for keeping new content coming frequently. I’ve been looking forward to the first non traditional arena to arrive. Can’t wait to play it and look forward to other future ones as well.

luvtoseek said:

November 18th, 10:12 am

I saw a Fallout themed car accessory the other day? These are great devs!

KazeEternal said:

November 18th, 9:28 am

Needs more Mad Max

BossDooley said:

November 18th, 9:43 am

Looks like a good update. This along with the ice hockey FREE update, it will be a fun December. Loving the mutators. If a Season Pass is being announced could you let us know. I have not bought any of the paid updates yet, as I thought a pass would be released. I think you said in a previous post, Psyonix were looking into a pass! Keep up the good work

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

November 18th, 12:20 pm

Season Passes are still something we don’t have plans to do. We have seen demand for it, which is why we’ve considered *maybe* doing it, but really, it’s not likely.

We just don’t like the idea of selling the “promise” of content before we’ve made the content itself. We also want people to feel like, if they’re giving us money, they’re getting something for it immediately, not eventually.

madmanwithabox12 said:

November 18th, 10:09 am

I will ride eternal, shiny and chrome on the Chaos Run! WITNESS!

CrusaderForever said:

November 18th, 10:16 am

Sold!

GunnerFCm said:

November 18th, 10:23 am

More Rocket League? Absolutely!

Jeremy and team, a question: how/why are you guys this awesome?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

November 18th, 12:21 pm

Awesome fans = awesome inspiration = hopefully-awesome product.

(and thanks!)

KidCommando said:

November 18th, 10:38 am

Any DLC for Rocket League gets bought no matter what.

Is it possible to make/have custom goal explosions? or even if they were tied to your rocket trail. For example if you have the Nuts and Bolts rocket trail selected, when you score a goal the explosion contains Nuts and Bolts as well. Would make for a nice custom touch with scored goals being a little different each time.

regardless, looking forward to the December updates and the forthcoming unique maps.

Rocket League is digital crack!!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

November 18th, 12:28 pm

Interesting suggestion, no current plans for custom goal explosions, but we’ll keep it in mind as a good idea!

daniel11904 said:

November 18th, 10:45 am

Any chance of a ranked mutators playlist??? Love the new mutators but in ranked is not as competitive

gus_xl said:

November 18th, 10:46 am

Is there a plan to bring the old arenas like Pirate Ship or the weird U-shaped one? I really think they added a lot to the game.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

November 18th, 12:29 pm

The weird U-Shaped one from SARPBC was “Utopia,” which is a more standard map in Rocket League. Pirate Ship, no plans to do that one currently.

Kaznasty- said:

November 18th, 11:10 am

Sold. Gimmegimmegimme. I have yet to be disappointed with a single DLC that’s come out!

thefoxymoron said:

November 18th, 11:22 am

ANOTHER amazing DLC package at an unbelievable price! This, along with the free tracks and “mutatiors” you’re offering proves how much you care about your loyal fanbase and want them coming back month after month.

Rocket League is the type of game I play pretty much every single night, before or after the game I was intending to play, just because it’s so easy to jump in, play a couple matches, and not have to set aside a solid hour or so of time dedicated to finishing a “quest” or reaching a new “level.”

Sincerely, thank you for making what is easily one of the best games of 2015. (and for offering it as a free title to Playstation Plus! I never in a million years would have thought “cars playing soccer” would be something I rave on and on and on about!)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

November 18th, 12:30 pm

Wow, this was really nice to hear. Thank you!

cleversignin said:

November 18th, 11:25 am

*sprays silver paint in mouth*
witness me!!!!

Fuhr31 said:

November 18th, 12:56 pm

Really looking forward to new unique arenas.

Ryzza5 said:

November 18th, 1:09 pm

Any plans to make separate mutator playlists? I can’t seem to stay in one for more than 3 matches before everyone comes across a mode they dislike and then leaves. Just once I’d like to consistently play a mode that I prefer with others who prefer it too. Maybe even have a public mutator lobby where players can host/join custom matches (on top of the default playlists).

SBucker7 said:

November 18th, 2:32 pm

THIS! Just as people have preferences and thus choices over number of players on each team, a choice as to the type of mutator is a must. Love some of them but hate others, which unfortunately has kept me from coming back

Skullever said:

November 18th, 1:32 pm

*insert pleas for a licensed Black-on-Black V8 Interceptor from Mad Max here*

Coltaflex- said:

November 18th, 2:16 pm

Ok Psyonix, you did it again. Now take my money!

HenryJ23 said:

November 18th, 4:10 pm

Sold!!

Thank you Psyonix for being simply amazing and listening to your fans.

I buy all DLC’s to show my support and will continue to do so. I also am a devout Reddit follower and love the the open dialog on the forums.

You have been a shining beacon in the sea of developers and I am so glad you guys are who you are.

And thank you so much for not giving into the usual cash grabs of “Season Passes” or other prepaid DLC packages. Give them the content and they will pay. You guys are awesome!

Rocket League 4 Life!! :-)

supvic said:

November 18th, 7:31 pm

Boring. How about something to change-up the gameplay? Levers and contraptions, a magnetic aura to temporarily ‘catch’ the ball in your area, projectile stunt attack powerup, ways to nudge opponents (and a shield to deflect them), floating airborne boosts that give an extra boost (think InFamous First Light’s neon boosts), pinball levers at each corner to break up the corner scrums. Unique abilities for each car such as accelerated boost, longer slower boost, teleportation, triple/quad jump, greater defensive abilities that activate only in the goal area such as mid-air strafe jumps, area of effect shunt (look at games like Blur for inspiration).

I could go on but come on, there’s SO MUCH potential in this game and you do is give us a sloped area and a bunch of useless cosmetics..

todd6911 said:

November 19th, 6:21 pm

^ This guy!!!

SilentSamurai247 said:

December 3rd, 3:06 pm

No. People love rocket league for its simplicity and balance. If all of the things you mentioned were added, it’d just be a mess and I wouldn’t play it anymore.

Superstone said:

November 18th, 9:15 pm

Can’t wait. Day 1 buy for me

Eric4677 said:

November 19th, 4:10 am

Can’t wait you guys are the best

B_Shark_ said:

November 20th, 11:13 am

Are there any plans to make custom teams? It would be cool to be able to form a team (or clan) with your friends where you could pick the color and maybe make a team symbol that only your team could have.