PlayStation VR

Nov 30

Nov 30

Cosmic Star Heroine on PS4, PS Vita Playable at PS Experience

Robert Boyd's Avatar Posted by Co-founder, Zeboyd Games

Cosmic Star Heroine will be coming to PlayStation early next year, but in the meantime, we’re going to be showing off the game at PlayStation Experience 2015!

Not only will you be able to play the PS4 version of the game, but for the first time ever, we’ll be letting people play the game on PS Vita! We’re big fans of PS Vita and have been working hard to make sure that Cosmic Star Heroine is a great experience on the system; we’re excited to share it with you!

Cosmic Star Heroine

We’ve been making RPGs at Zeboyd Games for nearly 6 years now and are using all of our expertise to make Cosmic Star Heroine the best modern RPG from the 90’s ever. We’ve been inspired by great RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lunar: Eternal Blue, and Phantasy Star IV, but we want to build on the foundation that those games have laid, not merely copy them. The best of both classic and modern design!

Gorgeous pixel art. 3 exotic planets to explore. 11 colorful characters to lead into battle with hundreds of abilities to master. More than 100 minutes of amazing music from HyperDuck Soundworks (Dust: An Elysian Tail). An innovative turn-based battle system. Aliens. Robots. Magic. Forbidden technology. Ruined Worlds. Ghosts. Long-lost secrets. Conspiracies. A galactic threat. And one brave heroine to make things right.

Cosmic Star HeroineCosmic Star Heroine

We thank you for your patience while we work hard to finish up Cosmic Star Heroine! Feel free to ask us any questions about the game here or better yet, ask us in person when you come to play the game at PlayStation Experience!

Add Your Own

Vengeance1138 said:

November 30th, 7:07 am

Can`t wait for this title! The art style along makes it a must play! Looking forward to hearing more.

iriihutoR84 said:

November 30th, 7:11 am

This game looks so good. Can’t go to PSX but I really can’t wait to play it eventually!

Ind3structoman said:

November 30th, 7:15 am

This looks fantastic! Although I’m not personally a PS Vita owner, it was an extremely thoughtful decision to release this for Vita (and all the Vita owners will love you for it). Can you give us any idea of how many playable characters we can expect to see? Also, are you planning on incorporating anything similar to Chrono Trigger’s Tech system?

tusunami said:

November 30th, 7:28 am

And to think people cry & complain Sony doesn’t care for the PS Vita & I see games coming out. It may not be what people want but nonetheless games are coming out.

mthodmn101 said:

November 30th, 7:40 am

You do know this game is not developed by Sony and was made possible by a kickstarter right?

langdon said:

November 30th, 8:02 am

Wow, this looks so great… thanks for supporting the Vita! Hope this turns out great and can fund more Vita titles from you guys.

Vextalon said:

November 30th, 8:06 am

I never heard of this game but it looks great and I can’t wait to play it. Do you have any ideas on what month you are shooting for release? Or the price?

Any thoughts on letting the game be playable through the PS TV in the near future. I use my PS TV more than my Vita now so it be great for some support on that eventually, now rush though. Take your time and come out with a fantastic game

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

November 30th, 8:18 am

We’re aiming for early 2016 but don’t have a specific date yet. When we do, we’ll be sure to let everyone on the Playstation Blog know! We haven’t finalized the price but we’re leaning towards $15. The game should be around 20 hours of tightly paced RPG goodness and will be cross-buy so you’ll get both the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita versions.

We haven’t done testing on the PS TV yet, but we expect it will work just fine there.

ZoSam32 said:

November 30th, 8:08 am

Eeeee!!! I can’t wait to finally play it!

lodgedrocket said:

November 30th, 8:33 am

Dear friends at Zeboyd. I see you are considering PS TV. I want to thank you for not only considering PS TV, but letting us know in advance! I have played two of your games from Steam and found those experiences to be a lot of fun. I look forward to getting this game when it releases. Keep up the good work!

big_bob002 said:

November 30th, 9:03 am

I’ve been following it since day 1 on Kickstarter. These guys seem to have hit some roadblocks in getting it running on Vita and have spent the extra time to get it working. It’s great to hear seeing as how a few other indie studios have written off the Vita when they find out how much work it will take to get it running properly.

Really looking forward to the game and the music previewed so far sounds excellent.

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

November 30th, 9:23 am

HyperDuck Soundworks has really hit it out of the park with the soundtrack. I have the entire thing (over 100+ minutes) and I love listening to it while I work on the game.

breathsavers said:

November 30th, 9:11 am

Great retro vibe! And the pixel art isn’t annoyingly retro (I’m getting a little tired of the super pixelated indie stuff…)

Svhenn said:

November 30th, 9:11 am

YES!! Can’t wait for this game to come out. Will the game have multiple ways to play through it? I am guessing the “around 20 hours of tightly paced RPG goodness” is for one play through. Please elaborate.

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

November 30th, 9:27 am

There’s only one main storyline path, although multiple paths is something we want to do with our next RPG. The game contains a good amount of optional content plus multiple difficulty levels. Around 20 hours is an estimate for an average playthrough but depending on the difficulty level and how many side quests you complete, your actual time could be more or less than that. We’ll have a better idea on length once we complete the beta.

Svhenn said:

November 30th, 10:14 am

Awesome. Thanks for the info Robert. Keep up the great work!

Kid_Loser said:

November 30th, 9:28 am

A part of me wants to read everything about this game and another part of me wants to just wait and see it all for myself on release. This is a game I’ve been looking for. Thank you for bringing it to Vita, I will spend hours more on my Vita just because of this game. I’m looking forward to this game and your developers future after it releases :)

SomberOwl said:

November 30th, 9:43 am

Hey game looks great! Anyway hopefully you guys can get a Platinum trophy for the game. If you can that would be awesome. But be thinking of us trophy hunters when making the list. No one enjoys missable and second play through trophies :)

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

November 30th, 9:45 am

The plan is for all trophies to be doable on a single playthrough, nothing that can be permanently missed.

RetroDaddySlim said:

November 30th, 10:46 am

It must be a ***** to develop 8-bit game for PS3 aswell, but not for Vita wich uses CELL as PS3, infact Vita is missing tons of pluggins and libraries PS3 already has and supports latest versions.
I guess I will hear same explanation from developers like you as I did many times…
“We are a small team…”, bla, bla, and we cant afford or have time to develope for all three Sony platforms.

Instead you could say: we get perks, bonuses and good deal for PS4/Vita only, but not for PS3, so we cant make the game for PS3 eventhoe it has almost 3 times larger market then PS4 and Vita combined.
Or you just dont believe in PS3 for whatever reason.
I would buy this on PS3 for my kids, same as other smaller games skipping PS3.
Im sure revenues from PS3 market would be far better then Vita ones, not that I want Vita users to suffer same fate.
Good luck with your game.

SureBigBuster said:

November 30th, 10:49 am

Dear Lawd, this game looks amazing!! I hadn’t heard of it until now but I’m already all hyped!! Good luck on the release!!

Otaku359 said:

November 30th, 11:04 am

Now this is a game I can get behind for my Vita. Im not big on indie games but a classic style JRPG with a main campaign of around 20 hours, that’s something i can totally dig. Good luck on the title, I look forward to seeing the coverage on this game at PSX since I’m unable to attend.

Daigr said:

November 30th, 11:21 am

Looking forward to trying out at the PlayStation experience this weekend!

gregxdoom said:

November 30th, 12:04 pm

Whoa. First time hearing of this game. It looks fantastic. Reminds me a lot of the snes-era rpg games. HYPE TRAIN!

Kishnabe said:

November 30th, 3:31 pm

I know LImitedRunGames is doing a PS4 Physical version. If the physical PS4 copies sell well, would it be possible to have a limited physical Vita run?

I would gladly pick this up when it comes out….

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

November 30th, 3:36 pm

Actually, a physical Vita run is already planned. :)

NightHawk17 said:

November 30th, 3:41 pm

Been waiting on this for years, can’t wait to try it out:)

paulogy said:

November 30th, 4:41 pm

“We’re big fans of PS Vita” is music to my ears. Thank you for supporting that system! Hope you have a great PSX :-)

GENETICIDE said:

November 30th, 11:57 pm

When do the physical pre-orders go up? must….have ….them. O_O
__________________________________________________________________________________
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!

MagnificentMale said:

December 1st, 8:41 am

It positively reminds me of Radiant Historia DS. Will wait to see GB count of Vita version.

Robert Boyd's Avatar

Robert Boyd said:

December 1st, 10:39 am

Radiant Historia was an amazing game so that’s one comparison I’m pleased to hear. :)

therob21 said:

December 1st, 3:34 pm

I was a big fan of the Chrono Trigger and Lunar games back in the day, and that what got me highly interested in this game! Though I may not be able to play it at the PS Experience, I hope to play Cosmic Star Heroine real soon! Keep up the good work guys!

JinZer069 said:

December 1st, 7:15 pm

Been looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine since it was announced.

As well as…
SkullGirls 2nd Encore
Legend of Raven
Salt and Sanctuary
Forgotten Memories
Soul Saga Ep 1
Mighty No. 9
Cross Reverie

Yup, most of the games I am hyped for coming to PSV are Indies ;)