God of War

Dec 03

Dec 03

PlayStation Experience 2015: The Complete Guide

Michael Steranka's Avatar Posted by Sony Interactive Entertainment

We’re just days away from PlayStation Experience 2015! Whether you’re lucky enough to make it out to the show in person, or are watching live from home, here are some tips to help you make the most of your weekend.

Keynote

PlayStation Experience 2015

Get Tickets & Book Hotel

The PlayStation Experience Keynote will begin at 10:00am PT on Saturday, December 5th, but seating space will be limited. If you’re attending the show and want the best shot at a seat in the keynote auditorium, plan to show up bright and early. Doors for the keynote will open at 8:00am, but frequent convention-goers know all too well that lines can start building up well before that.

PlayStation LiveCast Programming

If you’re watching remotely, stick around after Saturday’s keynote! We’ll have more than 30 live game demos and developer interviews streaming on Twitch and live.playstation.com from 12:00pm to 9:00pm Saturday and 10:00am to 4:00pm Sunday.

Stay tuned for the full LiveCast schedule. It’s a doozy! And we’ll be joined by the always-charming Anthony Carboni and Meredith Molinari.

If you’re attending the show, be sure to stop by and watch in person! We’ll be joined by members of the World Wide Studios community team, who will be conducting fun interactive activities and gameplay sessions in between live segments.

Panels

Expect some all-star panels at this year’s PlayStation Experience, including a behind-the-scenes look at Uncharted 4, a peek into the future of gaming with PlayStation VR, a live recording of PS I Love You XOXO with Greg Miller and the Kinda Funny Games gang, and more. And yes, the panels will be streamed live on Twitch and live.playstation.com, too. Here’s a handy chart that lays out the panels that are currently scheduled for this weekend:

Time (PT) Title Participants
2:00PM PlayStation VR and The Future of Play Dave Ranyard, Director at London Studio
Anton Mikhailov, Media Molecule
And special guests!
3:00PM Uncharted 4: Stories from the Performance Capture Set Greg Miller, moderator
Neil Druckmann, Creative Director at Naughty Dog
Nolan North, actor
Richard McGonagle, actor
Troy Baker, actor
Laura Bailey, actor
4:00PM Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Unlocking the Potential of A.I. Gary Stelmack, Senior Designer
Sumeet Jakatdar, Senior Software Engineer
Yanick Lebel, Lead Animator, Animation
Craig Houston, Lead Writer
5:00PM PS I Love You XOXO Colin Moriarty, Greg Miller, Tim Gettys and Nick Scarpino
6:00PM The Future of Storytelling Cory Barlog, Creative Director at Santa Monica Studio
Jenova Chen, Creative Director at thatgamecompany
Kareem Ettouney, Creative Director at Media Molecule
Greg Kasavin, Writing & Design at Supergiant Games
7:00PM Fighting Games: The Next Generation Yoshinori Ono, Producer, Street Fighter V
Katsuhiro Harada, Director, Tekken 7
Seth Killian, Developer, Rising Thunder

*All panels take place on Saturday; located on the third floor of the Moscone West building

Experience PlayStation App
PlayStation App

This one’s important! To truly get the full PlayStation Experience this year, you’re going to want to download the Experience PlayStation App, now available for free on iOS and Android devices. Think of this app as your digital companion for the weekend. Within the app, you’ll find:

• A trackable program guide detailing all of the booths and activities at PlayStation Experience
  • The ability to RSVP for PlayStation VR demos
  • Exclusive PSN voucher codes and rewards that can be unlocked by checking in at various places throughout PlayStation Experience
    • NOTE: To unlock these codes, you need to have registered for your badge with your PSN ID as recommended. If you did not do so, you can still add your PSN ID to your account by logging in here and going to the PSN section of your profile.
  • A curated list of PlayStation.Blog articles coming out of PlayStation Experience
  • An interactive map of Moscone West to help you find your way

The app is available for download now, but will not be fully populated with PlayStation Experience items until closer to the show. That being said, we highly recommend downloading this app ahead of time and checking it out!

PlayStation Collectible Card Series

You may have seen this announcement a few weeks back, but in case you missed it – we’re debuting a brand-new set of collectible cards at PlayStation Experience this year. In addition to the game-specific cards you can collect by checking in at various booths, we’re also releasing a limited set of PlayStation Experience Trophy Cards.

PlayStation Experience: Trophy Cards

Just like on your PlayStation console, Trophy Cards will reward your PlayStation Experience feats. Here’s how to unlock each respective card:

• Bronze: Check in at 5 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015
  • Silver: Check in at 10 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015
  • Gold: Check in at 15 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015, including the PlayStation Network booth and at least one panel
  • Platinum: Attend the Keynote and check in at 15 locations at PlayStation Experience 2015, including the PlayStation Network booth, at least one panel, and Capcom Cup

After you’ve met the requirements listed above, just head to the table next to the LiveCast Stage on the 2nd floor to collect your rewards. Keep in mind that Trophy Cards will be available in limited quantities. Once they’re gone, they’re gone!

Playable Games

Last month, we revealed the (nearly) full list of games that will be playable at PlayStation Experience 2015 — more than 130 in all. Go take a gander — it’s time to decide what you’re going to play first! And here’s a bonus: we can now confirm the full list of (currently announced) PlayStation VR titles that you’ll experience this weekend in San Francisco:

• Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • Driveclub VR (SCE Evolution Studio)
  • EVE: Valkyrie (CCP)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • London Heist: Interrogation (SCE London Studio)
  • London Heist: The Getaway (SCE London Studio)
  • Megaton Rainfall (Pentadimensional)
  • Playroom VR (SCE Japan Studio)
  • Project Kitchen (Capcom)
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League (Guerilla Cambridge)
  • Rush of Blood (SCE Liverpool XDEV Studio)
  • Super Hypercube (Kokoromi)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • World War Toons (Reload Studios)
Capcom Cup

Capcom Cup 2015

Anybody who’s been to the finals of a Street Fighter tournament will tell you that it’s an event everyone should experience at least once in their lives. If you’re around on Sunday, we’re going to make that really easy for you: the Capcom Cup 2015 begins at 10am Sunday and runs throughout the day. This is the culmination of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour, and by the end of the day the world will have a new Street Fighter champion! Click here for a full run-down of the day’s schedule. There will be salt.

Exclusive Gear

PlayStation Experience: T-ShirtPlayStation Experience: HoodiePlayStation Experience: Bottle

We’ll be offering limited edition t-shirts to commemorate the show (and Capcom Cup!), plus hoodies, collectibles, bags, lanyards, hats and more. The on-site shop will only accept credit cards, so bring ’em with you! Accepted cards include Visa, Mastercard and Discover.

Badge Pickup

As you probably know already, PlayStation Experience takes place from 10:00am – 10:00pm on Saturday, and 10:00am – 6:00pm on Sunday. However, what you might not know is the fact that you can pick up your badges before the show even starts! We highly recommend grabbing your badge as early as possible so you don’t cut into your actual show time at PlayStation Experience. Badges can be picked up in the lobby of Moscone West at these hours:

• Friday, December 4: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
  • Saturday, December 5: 7:00am – 10:00pm
  • Sunday, December 6: 9:00am – 6:00pm

Remember, all attendees must be 18 years or older and will be required to present a government issued photo ID in addition to their confirmation email in order to receive their badge.

Watch Live All Weekend

Can’t make it to San Francisco? Never fear! We’ll certainly miss you, but you can join us in spirit thanks to the magic of modern technology. Just head on over to live.playstation.com and keep up with all the weekend’s big announcements, live panels and developer interviews from the comfort of your own couch / desk / reclining chair. Have fun!

PlayStation Experience 2015 v2

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

sealum01 said:

December 3rd, 2:39 pm

I wish I could be there! But I can’t wait to watch!

Congrats in advance! I’m sure it will be a spectacular show!

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:16 pm

Hard to beat being here in person, but the live stream is going to be a spectacular show too! Hope you enjoy it!

dareclama said:

December 7th, 2:42 pm

ha, nice game can’t wait to play it online on wargods.ro

takeshikitano3 said:

December 3rd, 2:42 pm

How do you “check in” in regards to these cards? Or show someone else that you’ve checked in?

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:17 pm

If you’ve linked your PSN ID with your badge, you will be able to scan your badge at various booths to unlock PSN voucher codes in the Experience PlayStation app. There will definitely be some cool digital goods that you can only get through PlayStation Experience this year. Try to unlock them all!

krae_man said:

December 3rd, 2:50 pm

Wow, no panels on Sunday?

Me no likey.

coldasfire said:

December 3rd, 2:53 pm

When and where can we pick up our badge.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:18 pm

Not sure how that fell off the post originally, but details for badge pickup is there now! Thanks for catching that.

Butters360 said:

December 3rd, 2:53 pm

Oh hell yes! Thank you for this update and the app!

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:18 pm

You are very welcome. See you in two days!

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 3rd, 2:53 pm

Yesssss, so ready :)

So excited for PS VR.. I will be trying ALL of the VR games!! Amazing tech… I’m ready for the new perspective + challenge!

Can’t wait for the reveals as well…

All the great devs.

Oh, and Socom…

I’ll be there..

To talk to Sony + any devs that wanna know about a game that had DOUBLE the competitive+social features of any game released 10 years after it… Maybe we should revive such a unique game that was and sadly still is ahead of its time….

It’s about time to bring back the best tactical competitive shooter ever made (that includes CS+Rainbow 6).

Socom ;)

Cya there, playstation forever!!! <3

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:19 pm

Love your enthusiasm! Can’t wait for you to experience PlayStation VR.

krae_man said:

December 3rd, 2:59 pm

Also you should have given us actual trophies for checking in, not skins.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 3rd, 3:05 pm

Wow, even Driveclub in VR will be there, and a Harmonix music game in VR, sweeeeet!

I um… I’m 29 but on Saturday+Sunday I will be umm… “cosplaying” as an excited little girl in a candy shop :P

(And no, I promise that little girl won’t cry when she plays Project Kitchen!! lol:)

E3 experience was fun, but this is the first time I’ll get to meet many of the great artists I respect, whose games+art I’ve loved for 20 years now!

MrPonuraski said:

December 3rd, 3:07 pm

Waiting for YAKUZA 5. Make my Saturday.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 3rd, 3:15 pm

1 question though.. I see the panels are pretty close in time to each other.. If fans go to the PS VR panel, will they be too late to make it to the Uncharted 4 / ND panel? ;(

I hope things are timed so that fans have a chance to go to them all if desired! Or maybe spread out the panel times a little more if needed.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 3:20 pm

All of the panels will be in the same room this year (the entire 3rd floor of Moscone West), so there’s no running around to get to where you want to be.

Gskyace said:

December 3rd, 3:16 pm

Hello,
Just wondering if I can use my reward in my Asia PSN account?
Also, would we also get brozen, silver, gold trophy cards when we claim our platinum trophy card?

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 4:29 pm

Unfortunately many of the voucher codes are for North America only. If you want to pick up all your trophy cards at the same time, you are definitely welcome to do it that way.

almightykegger said:

December 3rd, 3:22 pm

Do we need a Smart Phone to access the whole experience? My fiancee and I are going, but we have only one smart phone between us and are missing out on one of us not getting the full experience.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 4:35 pm

We actually will have staff members at the PlayStation VR booth with tablets to help those without smartphones RSVP for demos. Head there right when the show starts to make sure they don’t all get reserved before you!

almightykegger said:

December 3rd, 3:25 pm

Specifically, I forgot to mention the RSVP for VR Demos, can one phone save two spots?

SpyDudeFX said:

December 3rd, 3:27 pm

Confused about the app. So what login credentials do you need for the app? Nothing works, so I ended up making a new account and when I click rewards it prompts for my PSN sign-in info. And what happens if you don’t have the app or phone dies? Do you miss out on the exclusive codes? Thanks.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 4:37 pm

As long as your PSN ID is tied to your badge registration, we’ll be able to verify the different booths you checked into. You can then unlock all your codes through the app as soon as you log in with your PSN ID (go to the Rewards section and login when prompted). This will work retroactively, even if your phone dies at the show. You can log in later and redeem everything afterwards :)

almightykegger said:

December 3rd, 3:31 pm

I think the codes get scanned to your convention badge.

SpyDudeFX said:

December 3rd, 3:33 pm

I thought that could be it but are they emailed to you after? Is the app optional?

Skater_Ricky said:

December 3rd, 3:37 pm

Where’s the link to YouTube?

Are you not Streaming to YouTube?

YouTube has better Streaming quality via HTML5.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 4:37 pm

We will be streaming through the PlayStation YouTube channel as well!

Nerroth said:

December 3rd, 3:42 pm

While Idea Factory International are on the list of developers set to appear at (P)la(y)station Experience 2015:

Their main press event will take place this evening:

I wonder what new titles from their parent company’s stable might be on the cards this time around…

lukeike said:

December 3rd, 4:00 pm

The app wont accept my code. It just says “Redeem Error Invalid redeem code.” What gives?

lukeike said:

December 3rd, 4:11 pm

Ohh, I’m guess the registration code and QR code included in the email is not meant to be used in the app.

gohan16ken said:

December 3rd, 4:19 pm

Hey Sony
I am looking forward to an awesome PlayStation experiences. Here is what I am looking forward to hearing…
1. Please remove the 10% OS reserve of PS3 HD for future updates.
2. Please support plug and play with external HDD.
3. Please support 2 step verification.
4. Please support pin login for PSN.
5. Please support Ultraviolet for PS Video.
6. Please give BC.
7. Please make PS Now like PS Video and iTunes and not like Netflix or Redbox.
Thanks.

nervedamaged said:

December 4th, 10:50 am

I agree especially for the external HDD. Internal 2.5″ HDD, only go up to 2tb max, and are alot more expensive than external, which the sky is almost the limit in storage. I don’t mind uninstalling Disc based games because they install rather quickly. I upgraded already to 1tb, however I throw alot of money into PSN!!! All I want is more space so I can make you money, SONY!!!! Make it happen!!!

Fuhr31 said:

December 3rd, 4:59 pm

I hope this event has a bigger focus on NEW!!! New announcements, new games, new features, new apps. Looking at your advertising image it seems like the focus will be on old news. Reannouncements and hype building on what we’ve already heard about. I hope I’m wrong…

SanFranPsycho415 said:

December 3rd, 5:04 pm

What time do the actual doors to Moscone West open up?
Thanks!

Michael Steranka's Avatar

Michael Steranka said:

December 3rd, 5:52 pm

The doors to Moscone West will be open from 12:00pm – 10:00pm on Friday for badge pickup. Then they will open at 8:00am on Saturday to start letting people into the Keynote area. On Sunday, doors open at 10:00am.

ShadowStar83x said:

December 3rd, 5:09 pm

Can’t wait to see what’s ahead. I wish I was there. Maybe I’ll go to the next one if there is one.

kingdomkiller3 said:

December 3rd, 7:41 pm

Oh plz plz plz be somewhere on the east coast next year i would really love to attend one of these things!

TOMBSTONE4U said:

December 3rd, 7:59 pm

I hope to hear something about a true Socom game returning whether it be by remaster of Socom 1 or 2 or backwards compatibility to bring those games to PS 4. Without my favorite franchise around which made me a gaming addict, I just don’t feel any desire to jump on the PS 4 bandwagon.

StingrayX said:

December 3rd, 8:12 pm

We need to attend the capcom cup for the platinum card? that’s a bit lame for the ones of us that couldn’t spend the extra money. Other then that, this is going to be a blast to attend.

quadrunner76 said:

December 3rd, 10:15 pm

If the get to the city by 7 am to pick up my pass will that be early enough to get into the keynote? How early to people start to line up?

Conall-Star said:

December 3rd, 11:50 pm

Really excited (especially for any and all VR announcements)! Unfortunately i have to work during most of the live stream times. Where is the best place to see recordings of all the presentations / sessions?

Levian1986 said:

December 4th, 4:18 am

More free games from EA? :D

Hakumen__ said:

December 4th, 6:55 am

Unbelievable: six hours of streaming and the PS I Love You XOXO is the only thing that seems worth watching from this list…

rj_sosongco said:

December 4th, 9:17 am

Hi,

I’m a cosplayer attending on Saturday, and is like to know your policies regarding costume weapons. I specifically have an inoperable airsoft that goes with my cosplay. Is there any sort of weapons check or policies banning prop guns? Thanks!

l337MAFIA said:

December 4th, 10:05 am

Is it possible to pick up a friends badge if I have there QR code? I am going early and they are unable to go as early, so i would like to pick up mine and his badge at the same time.

Aneegroow said:

December 4th, 11:30 am

To get great seats at the Keynote, would time should one arrive on Saturday morning. I imagine the lines will be extremely long, and I would just like a great spot.

How early should I come?!?!

El_Profe13 said:

December 4th, 11:45 am

I have the app and I’m trying to figure out how to “Check in” for an event. Can’t find a check in button. Anyone know how the app works? (btw, the app is clunky)

AizawaYuuichi said:

December 4th, 12:35 pm

From the sound of the post and the earlier replies, you don’t “Check In” with the app. You can use it to rsvp for demos, but Checking In is done on-site with your badge. They scan it at the booths you visit. The app simply connects to the system and verifies check-ins, it seems.

El_Profe13 said:

December 4th, 12:52 pm

Hmmm. Not sure how that will work. I am registered under a different email than I used for the app.

trav54 said:

December 4th, 1:51 pm

Picked up my two day badge, but I also bought the VIP Capcom Cup deal and I don’t see anything on the badge itself about that. How will they know if we bought the VIP package at the Cup?

TinyLebowski said:

December 4th, 1:53 pm

Can I pick up badges for other people if they are coming later and I have all their conformation information?

bam37 said:

December 4th, 3:56 pm

so glad im off work this weekend yay

X_LeJendz_X said:

December 4th, 6:10 pm

Yea can you guys please hold one of these events on the East Coast like New York! Its about time Las Vegas(Central) and California(West) fly out to us in the East! Plus they the ones with all the money living in rich or high class cities! They should be spending more money then us! I got just enough money to get to NY from Philadelphia and purchase everything I want at the event! I just don’t have enough for a roundtrip to the West Coast!! So Playstation can you make that happen for all your fans who can’t make it to the west like me but can commute through the east coast??

TheMothKing said:

December 4th, 6:46 pm

Almost lost hope when I tried to buy a ticket for Saturday and it was sold out. Then I realized the 2day pass was still up for sale. Saved! Excited for tomorrow!

jamiedanger87 said:

December 4th, 7:45 pm

How do you check in at the event? Using the app? I can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance!

zanemagrath said:

December 4th, 8:27 pm

where is emily rose

thattiger said:

December 4th, 8:28 pm

So i had no idea about the rsvp thing and now I’m pissed off because i feel like I’m not going to try any of the vr stuff which was all i was looking forward to. Does anyone know if that is in fact the case?

Ginsunuva said:

December 5th, 7:20 am

Yup it’s ******. They secretly hide it from everyone.

WhitePressure said:

December 5th, 1:44 am

I also have the same concern as thattiger ^^^ all Playstation VR demos are showing as “full” on the app does that mean we won’t be able to sign up?

Fllysurfer said:

December 5th, 2:30 am

I totally appreciate PSX, the concept, the initiative, all about it. Too bad there isn’t a similar event in Europe.

Britnipkoss said:

December 5th, 4:48 am

M­y l­a­s­t p­a­y c­h­e­c­k w­a­s $9­5­0­0 w­o­r­k­i­ng 1­2 h­o­u­rs a w­e­ek o­n­l­ine. M­y s­i­s­ter­s f­r­i­e­nd h­a­s b­e­e­n a­v­er­a­g­i­ng 1­5­k f­o­r m­o­n­t­h­s n­o­w a­n­d s­h­e w­o­r­k­s a­b­o­u­t 2­0 h­o­u­r­s a w­e­e­k. I c­a­n­’t b­e­l­i­e­v­e h­o­w e­a­s­y i­t w­a­s o­n­c­e I t­r­i­e­d i­t o­u­t. T­h­i­s i­s w­h­a­t I d­o… wallstreet34.com

just-me-lil-e said:

December 5th, 8:48 am

But why is Atlus USA not there at all for this. San Francisco is of short distance from them since the US branch is from Irvine, California.

cowmamba said:

December 5th, 9:55 am

Wish I could be there. At least we’ve got the live stream! Those shirts (and hoodie) are amazing! I would LOVE to get one. Now I remember why living in Indiana stinks, no PlayStation Experience!! <3

SLaViKcOnScRipT_ said:

December 5th, 11:50 am

Another #SOCOMREMASTERED Let down. R.I.P. SONY

purse317 said:

December 5th, 11:58 am

Sony guys when is the store going to update. Saying something is available “NOW” usually means right then.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

December 5th, 12:13 pm

The Crash trolling was unnecessary. Fire Shawn Layden. Bring back Jack Tretton.

REDSLATE said:

December 5th, 1:18 pm

So, post conference, I’m seeing several logs for newly announced games and content, but nothing for Ace Combat 7? It’s been years since we’ve had a proper Ace Combat game, and this isn’t front-page news?

johnnyboy10_ said:

December 5th, 1:28 pm

Please have ps2 games for PS3 and PS4 all the old dragon ball z games for PS3 like budokai tenkaichi 2 and 3 raging blast 2 for dragon ball Infinite world battle of z and All of the kingdom hearts games like kingdom hearts number one, and two especially the new one coming out next month.

viceforce said:

December 5th, 1:43 pm

Last year we got 3 Free games 1 for each system. Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare on PS4, Mirrors Edge on PS3 and NFS Most Wanted on Vita. Are we going to get free games this year?

PAGE 1 2