Knack 2

Dec 05

Dec 05

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Unveiled for PS4

Dennis Lee's Avatar Posted by Director, Brand Marketing

At PlayStation Experience 2015, we are extremely excited to announce that Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is coming to PS4.

Ni no Kuni II_ Revenant Kingdom, Image 03

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was beloved by many fans when it originally launched in 2013 and we are extremely happy to let everyone know that the highly requested sequel is on its way.

Ni no Kuni II_ Revenant Kingdom, Image 02

While the announcement trailer at PlayStation Experience showed the first look at the game, we have a special treat for all of you coming soon, in the way of a Director’s Cut version of the announcement trailer which features more than a minute of new footage showcasing even more of the great animation, characters, and story for Revenant Kingdom. We’ll share that trailer with you later today.

More PlayStation News from PlayStation Experience 2015

Fat Princess Adventures Out Today on PS4

Invisible, Inc. and Balancing the Endless Mode

PS Now: 12-Month Subscription for $99.99, 9 New Games from WB

Add Your Own

rafael_martines said:

December 5th, 12:22 pm

Awesome, hope the game have dual audio :D

English voice acting over japanese one is lame…

Hayades said:

December 5th, 12:23 pm

Super exited for this. Only thing that kinda bugged me is that the main character is a boy but looks way too much like a little girl. They should just make it a girl since the first one add a male protagonist.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

December 5th, 12:23 pm

Will buy on day one for sure. I LOVED the 1st one on PS4 so much that I got a Platinum haha. ^_^

gerneric123 said:

December 5th, 12:24 pm

Hey, since this is for PS4, mind reviving Ushiro for Vita? Those manga and light novels have to be for something!

GENETICIDE said:

December 5th, 12:39 pm

Don’t care about cutscenes, gimme that gameplay.

LucasXX said:

December 5th, 12:42 pm

This is beyond amazing, thank you for the great news, Mr. Lee and Bandai Namco !

TruePSIVWiiUFan said:

December 5th, 12:44 pm

Is this game exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PC…? Or will it come to other platforms other than those two that I mentioned…?

gerneric123 said:

December 5th, 12:54 pm

Maybe NX eventually. First game was on DS too and sold the best on that platform in Japan.

RidTheOne said:

December 5th, 3:33 pm

When do they announced this game will come to PC?

drdre74 said:

December 5th, 12:46 pm

awesome! I loved the first one. Would be awesome if we could some how bring over our save file from the first one. :)

TNTimmy said:

December 5th, 12:59 pm

So is this exclusive to PS4? On twitter it says so, in the keynote it said so but the slide said console debut sooo what’s going on.

Kishnabe said:

December 5th, 1:08 pm

The first one was the best JRPG on the PS3.

Can’t really wait for this one….I hope the Old Cast is somewhere in the game. Especially Drippy.

Will get a PS4 if this is an exclusive.Still looking at it…seems like it can still be done on a PS3.
Been holding out….with all the PS3 game backlogs.

Is this set in the same world, same timeline?

dkarlowicz10 said:

December 5th, 1:18 pm

Any plans to bring over the first one to PS4?

BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

December 5th, 10:17 pm

This. Didn’t play it on PS3, and It’s one I feel I missed out on. Don’t want to have to dust off the PS3, but I really want to play the first one before this game.

SeshiLord said:

December 6th, 3:54 pm

+ BENJAM1N_LINUS Dust off that PS3 and get a pre-owned copy, you shouldn’t spend more than 15 bucks, and a PS4 port would cost ~60 USD on release!

paulogy said:

December 5th, 1:27 pm

Some of the best news of the day! YES :-)

perrandy said:

December 5th, 1:29 pm

this is a nice surprise,thank you based namco

vinnyg32 said:

December 5th, 3:14 pm

Great, I enjoyed the first game. I would like to see some kind bonus “familiar” given for those of us that had completed or platnumed the first Ni No kuni. Or let me bring my Griffy over ; )

TwinDad said:

December 5th, 4:17 pm

I don’t care what platform, I will buy it. My wishes just came true, it must be Christmas.

PS. Santa, while you are listening can you bring the Valkryia Chronicles new game over to NA please.

Septrelo said:

December 5th, 5:56 pm

lol dat trailer.
Ni No Kuni grew up fast.

TSUKUYOMI9 said:

December 5th, 6:04 pm

Look like they would have fixed the video by now cuz that is not ni no kuni lol

letherclad said:

December 5th, 9:18 pm

First one was in my top 10 for the ps3, really excited for this!

saintaqua said:

December 5th, 9:20 pm

I’m so excited for this. I LOVED the first game so much!

Welmosca said:

December 5th, 10:05 pm

I doubt thats Ni No Kuni lol…but damn I saw a damn nice game over there NIOH hu…I’ll keep ma eyes on that one.

Already found strange that a game from Namco would start the video with Tecmo Koei brand on it LMAO.

Anyway came here to see Ni No Kuni but saw something better so that mistake was appreciated guys.

BandaiNamco209 said:

December 6th, 6:04 am

I love Studio Ghibli, I’m hype for this game and it’s exclusively for PS4

GunnerFCm said:

December 6th, 8:52 am

Highlight of the keynote, for me. First one is one of the finest games on Ps3. Day 1 purchase for the sequel and will be keeping an eye out for any special editions, something I rarely do. What a nice surprise! Thanks!

sealum01 said:

December 6th, 9:38 am

I will own this game! I hope that Ni No Kuni is released on Playstation Now, as I would love to play through it as well — preferably before Ni No Kuni 2 is released!

sealum01 said:

December 6th, 9:39 am

A remaster of Ni No Kuni would also be much appreciated!

Phoenix9889 said:

December 6th, 10:31 am

I’m not sure but I think the trailer on this page might be wrong. I mean if that’s what game looks like then if took a left turn fast.

AizawaYuuichi said:

December 6th, 11:58 am

I know I’m in a minority here, but I couldn’t care less about Studio Ghibli, and the fact that Level-5 went with them for art direction completely turned me off with the last game. I don’t see any difference here.
I was extremely disappointed this wasn’t Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2, or something else new. Guess I get to wait another 3-4 years for something I might play from Level-5. Heck, I’d even take a White Knight Chronicles 3 over this.

Cybexx said:

December 8th, 4:13 pm

It’s my understanding that Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy and White Knight Chronicles did not sell especially well. You’ll note that Sony didn’t even publish White Knight Chronicles 2 in North America, D3 picked up the publishing.

Level 5 self published Ni No Kuni in Japan. Both versions of Ni No Kuni did okay in Japan I believe but I don’t think they were the big successes they were hoping a partnership with Studio Ghibli would bring. Namco Bandai brought the PS3 version to the west (because a $90 DS version with a book wasn’t going to work in North America) and it was a much bigger success than I think anyone was expecting after the lukewarm reception in Japan.

The fact that this is being announced as a PS4 exclusive at a US event says to me that the reason this sequel is even happening is due to the success in the west. It also seems like they have the opportunity to take this a fresh new direction, but yeah if the art style isn’t your thing then this probably isn’t the game you are looking for.

SeshiLord said:

December 6th, 3:47 pm

YEEEEEEEEES

Rezolution77 said:

December 6th, 7:59 pm

Still haven’t had the pleasure of playing the last one I bought.

But even if I haven’t, I would be hard pressed not to support it and Studio Ghibli.

Bandai Namco has all the good titles, let me tell you.

Now when can I see a Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks for Vita?

Heck, with that and an additional bonus of Final Fantasy 7 and new supported PS2 emulation I might just have to buy a PS4.

plaztiksyke said:

December 7th, 4:04 pm

this was the reveal where people around me at the show lost their minds.

I’m sure that they’ll release a PS4 version ahead of this, given how well that strategy has worked for numerous other titles.

will we ever see Professor Layton on PS4/Vita?