PlayStation VR

Dec 05

Dec 05

Ratchet & Clank Launches for PS4 on April 12th, 2016

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone! As many of you know, we’ve been working hard on finishing up Ratchet & Clank for PS4, which will coincide with the release of the major motion picture in theatres on April 29th, 2016.

We’re happy to announce today that your wait is even shorter for the game: Ratchet & Clank will launch on April 12th, 2016 for PS4.

While we originally envisioned this Ratchet & Clank as a reimagining of the PS2 original, it’s much more. It features modern controls, new planets, new and improved gameplay, all-new boss fights, and an updated arsenal. This Ratchet & Clank will remind longtime fans why they first fell in love with the franchise while inviting new players to experience one of PlayStation’s all-time classics as it’s never been seen before.

Ratchet & Clank

The section of the game we showed at PlayStation Experience today includes scenes from the film, as well as all-new gameplay from planet Veldin. You may have noticed that Captain Qwark is narrating the game. While the movie is one version of the events, the game gives you a different take, from everyone’s beloved leader of the Galactic Rangers, Copernicus L. Qwark.

That’s all for now — for all the latest, be sure to follow Insomniac Games on Twitter and Facebook, as well as the Ratchet Movie’s Twitter and Facebook accounts!

Add Your Own

PuppetShoJustice said:

December 5th, 12:29 pm

I hope you guys enjoy it. I’m a huge R&C fan (judging by my PSN icon) but I just can’t get behind the idea of a retread of the first game. Maybe if I can grab it on sale years down the line at a good price. Some new content sounds nice but games are pricey these days.

swimquick said:

December 5th, 1:03 pm

I have my copy preordered from the PlayStation Store. Now that PS2 games are available on PS4, is it possible that the original R&C games will be available on PS4? I would love to do some couch co-op on Deadlocked.

FreddyChing said:

December 5th, 1:16 pm

HOLY CRAP AWESOME! Best part about this is that it comes out on my BDAY!

paulogy said:

December 5th, 1:32 pm

The graphics of this game continue to blow me away. It will be interesting to see how many people pick up the game after watching the film, or vice versa.

TrueRadiantFree said:

December 5th, 9:17 pm

This was the game of show. So glad it got a stage demo.

Welmosca said:

December 5th, 10:17 pm

The graphics of this Ratchet are unbelievable…I still got some Ratchet games in ma backlog but I just can’t wait to play this one…it looks so good.

RogerAndElisa said:

December 6th, 10:24 am

OMG RIGHT ON MY BIRTHDAY IM SO HAPPY IDK IF I CAN WAIT THAT LONG

One_Ub3r-Sausage said:

December 6th, 4:16 pm

I’ve loved this series forever, but they way they’ve dumbed it down for the next generation of kids is becoming a big turn off to people who grew up with it. I just hope they just continue with the main storyline after this.

SteveW928c said:

December 6th, 9:41 pm

Any chance of an ‘All 4 One’ type PS4 version?

IMO, there are WAY too few local multi-player games for the PS4. And, with no good way of brining back some of the PS3, PS2, or PS1 titles that were a bit better in that regard, I hope game makers at least keep that in mind.

remanutd5 said:

December 8th, 9:51 am

There are way too few local and online co op multiplayer games on the ps4.

sealum01 said:

December 7th, 8:21 am

See you on April 12th, 2016! I will be pre-ordering this little gem and diving into it the day that it is released!