Knack 2

Dec 10

Dec 10

PlayStation Blogcast 189: Are You PS Experienced?

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Holy smokes, we’re back! With the second PlayStation Experience behind us, we unpack all the incredible announcements and trailers revealed over the weekend here in San Francisco. Plus, the team discusses which games a PS4 newcomer should buy over the holiday. Sit down, grab a drink, and enjoy the show!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• PlayStation Experience recap
  • PlayStation VR impressions
  • Uncharted 4
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Paragon
  • 100ft Robot Golf
  • Great games to get for PlayStation newcomers

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Nick Suttner – Lead Account Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

cool_trainer said:

December 10th, 2:48 pm

Hurray you guys are back! I really enjoyed Playstation Experience. Too bad I couldn’t meet you guys in person, but next time.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

December 10th, 2:53 pm

Apologies we couldn’t say hello!

MakaiOokami said:

December 12th, 10:00 pm

I wish I could have gone to PSX. Though I’m almost feeling like I have met them now that they’ve butchered my username. :P In classic PS Blogcast fashion. :D

Though my name is really just Makai (netherworld or demon) Ōkami (Wolf or Wolf God) both of which were some of my favorite PS2 games.

A second O was added for uniqueness and for stylistic reasons no one cares about.

jgrizzle358 said:

December 10th, 2:59 pm

Awesome! I missed this.

Oh look, Ryan used Justin’s picture. Nice.

bullethead29 said:

December 10th, 3:10 pm

Cant wait to listen, had a blast at psx trying out ps vr, it’s an amazing experience and I will be anticipating the day I can bring one home. With so many great games I have to say my favorite thing was the FInal Fantasy Vii remake trailer. I was so excited I purchased the ps one version on the ps4 and to my surprise it came with what I think is the best ps4 theme to date. Great job overall with the conference everyone on the PlayStation team and all the dev and publisher team members. P.s. San Fransisco is $$$$$

sealum01 said:

December 10th, 3:23 pm

I loved PSX, and I thought you all did a fantastic job! And the games! My goodness! Considering that this was the 4th major show this year, I was surprised to see so many announcements, and they all look outstanding!!

It has been re-iterated that it is very difficult to advertise PSVR, but I have a way that I belive that would both be applicable to many game types, as well as effective. I’m not seeking anything but would love to share it. How would I get in touch with someone (phone, email, etc) to communicate the idea?

Spectrum said:

December 10th, 3:43 pm

PSX 2016 was terrific. Hope to see it again next year. My favorite surprise announcement was ni no kuni 2. I my show floor favorites were shadow of the beast, umbrella corps, eve valkyrie on PS VR. Plus many more.

J_dubtster said:

December 10th, 6:44 pm

When will more PS2 games become available for PS4?! You’ve got to have noticed that this is something the community wants as that blog post has thousands of comments on it. Probably the most viral playstation blog post ever.

supvic said:

December 12th, 12:13 am

Not when they have no online multiplayer! That rules out all the Socom games which are by far the most requested. Releasing Twisted Metal Black without online was pointless.

Devilking-Nikkai said:

December 10th, 7:40 pm

What about Ninokuni 2 and Ace Combat 7 ? You guys should talk about that too :3.

SKUZii said:

December 10th, 8:11 pm

You really need to bring PlayStation Experience to Boston next year. That way I have an actual chance to be there.

Dbritton said:

December 10th, 8:29 pm

PSX was really special and fun few days. Thanks for all of the hard work and for being so great about saying hi. It was really cool to take a quick picture. Thanks for all the hard work

jgrizzle358 said:

December 10th, 10:30 pm

There is a Final Fantasy game on every PlayStation system.

PSONE has 7, 8, 9, Tactics and even 1 & 2 and 5 & 6 in dual packs.

Ps2 has 10, 11, 12, and a few sequels and spin offs.

PSP has crisis core, 3, 4 and so on…

Ps3 has 13 and its seques and ports and remakes

Vita has 10 and 3 as a PSP

PS4 has type-0 and 14.

jgrizzle358 said:

December 10th, 10:31 pm

Sequels*

PSP game*

jgrizzle358 said:

December 10th, 10:31 pm

Also, 10 and 3 work on PS TV

jgrizzle358 said:

December 15th, 7:41 pm

And believe it or not there was a Final Fantasy game on the PlayStation pocket. Or pocket station or whatever it was called. It was a chocobo game that worked as a companion to Final Fantasy 8

jgrizzle358 said:

December 10th, 10:44 pm

Im with you guys on the dream thing I’m also a very vivid dreamer. I often have nightmares about places from my childhood and then when I wake up I’m like oh thank god lol.

Also, the Rick and Morty episode Ryan was talking about if you pay attention in the background during the credits scene it says coming soon Roy 2: Dave

thebiglouie said:

December 11th, 1:25 am

On Yakuza, since there was some confusion about some of its games:

Yakuza Zero is a prequel to the first Yakuza game. You may have confused it with Yakuza Kiwami, which is a PS4 remake of the first game and is coming out in Japan this January.

Reaper527_ said:

December 11th, 10:21 am

i’ve definitely seen some negativity about the keynote, but overall, i thought it was great. the only things disappointing were the lack of a ps:vr price point/release date, and the ff7 trailer (which visually looked amazing, but was killed by the real time battle system and the episodic announcement).

can’t wait for yakuza zero, day of the tentacle, full throttle, nioh, and a lot of the other games that made an appearance.

Rezolution77 said:

December 11th, 12:46 pm

Loved the Final Fantasy 7 trailer, but, it would have been hard for me not to have.

It got me so excited, that when Steam offered a revised version of Lightning Returns yesterday for less than $20, I found myself buying it, to test it out.

Let’s just say, No return needed.

All the hater’s about a real time battle system, need to learn to change with the times.
( Lightning Returns is almost a combination of the two, and I still love it )

-Because nothing beats spamming the attack button (X), with little, to no strategy involved.

You can’t say you hate it, if you never tried it.

( I have been around since Atari, that doesn’t mean I can not appreciate the changes that have been made to consoles since )

maliktraylor said:

December 11th, 1:03 pm

When will more ps2 classics be announced could you please add Dragon Ball Z: budokai tenkaichi 3, Tekken 5, & Crash Bandicoot: wrath of cortex please!?

StuTX said:

December 11th, 4:34 pm

Welcome back gentlemen! I usually do not remember any of my dreams, but I have noticed that days I am not waking up to an alarm clock (or other outside interruptions) I can recall certain major or minor details of that dream. Very strange to say the least. I am currently relapsing a 17 year old addiction known as Final Fantasy VII, and I’m loving it to say the least. Happy Holidays to all from Stuart in Texas (StuTX)!

paulogy said:

December 14th, 5:47 pm

Great show guys! A fun way to relive the excitement of PSX’s reveals all over again :-)

Croyles_87 said:

December 15th, 11:32 pm

Ok seriously you guys are awesome but you have had a super annoying popping sound in your audio for like the past 3 months or something. You guys even mentioned the first time it appeared but it has been present in nearly every episode since then. It’s faint but once you hear it you cannot unhear it and it is really irritating.

Inaccuracies said:

December 16th, 1:56 pm

So recently on PS4 I was given the option to “follow” the profiles of certain people in the industry. All 4 of you were on the list so naturally, I accepted. As you guys are the public face and voice of Playstation I found it sad and was a little heartbroken that both Sarcey Sid and Powerhouse hide their trophies, while Justin and Triple A bear theirs proudly. What gives?

draymoney said:

December 19th, 11:54 pm

What is that horrid clicking noise. Be aware of your mics gentlemen.