PlayStation VR

Dec 23

Dec 23

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Arrives on April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director's Avatar Posted by

Let’s start with the good news: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is wrapping up production and is shaping up to be the proper send off for Nathan Drake that we’ve promised you. The bad news is that we need a bit more time to finish the game so that it meets our standards and vision. Let’s cut to the chase, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has a new release date in North America of April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016.

This is our largest Uncharted game to date, and the team has been working incredibly hard to meet the challenge of closing out the game’s development in a timely manner. However, as we approached our final deadlines and started wrapping up the game’s levels, we realized that several key sequences needed extra resources to bring them to the finish line. After carefully considering all of our options, we decided to extend our schedule, making sure that we get a few more polish passes before submitting our gold master (the final disc for manufacturing).

Pushing the date is not an easy choice, and we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t feel in our hearts it’s the best course of action for the game. To you, our loyal fans, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology. We know many of you have been waiting patiently for Nathan Drake’s final chapter, and now we humbly ask you to wait a bit longer.

On April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016, the most ambitious installment in the Uncharted series will be in your hands.

Neil Druckmann & Bruce Straley

Update: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has an updated release date of May 10th, 2016. Read more here.

Add Your Own

seven_trees said:

December 23rd, 8:30 am

I guess the fact that this is quite possibly the last game in the series needs all the attention to detail to become perfect. Better that you guys at ND work it out for longer because this will be in the gaming history books for all eternity. Good luck :D

DirjelJunshin said:

December 23rd, 8:36 am

I am sad Uncharted 4 is being delayed.

I’d be DEVASTATED if Uncharted 4 was bad.

“A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”
(Are we allowed to quote Miyamoto on the PlayStation blog?)

streeks1984 said:

December 23rd, 9:59 am

I would say YES, Miyamoto’s quote is most apropos.

XxMike466xX said:

December 23rd, 11:51 am

Yes. That quote is perfect for this situation.

j85thday said:

December 23rd, 8:38 am

Oh f@@@ off why does the UK have to wait till 29th ffs

Joku_9 said:

December 23rd, 8:47 am

I don’t have a problem with this at all. I think people are finally fed up with developers rushing and releasing an incomplete game, so as long as it’s perfect there are no complaints from me. Plus it’s only around a month later, so no big deal

FearMonkey said:

December 23rd, 8:47 am

I understand delays happen sometimes but couldn’t you move your release date a bit further away from Ratchet and Clank? I feel like Uncharted 4 releasing so close to that game is going to cannibalize its sales. If you’re gonna delay Uncharted 4, seems to be that May would be a better release window and it would give you even more time to make UC4 that much better. ^_^

Figboy said:

December 23rd, 8:47 am

Hey, s**t happens. Game development is not easy (as someone who’s worked in the industry for 10 years, I know the feeling). I’m super stoked for UC4, but if it needs more time in the oven, it needs more time in the oven. There are so many games out there to play that I think I’ll survive (my backlog is embarrassingly large).

I’m looking forward to seeing how things wrap up for Nate and company, but I can wait a little longer.

buffyboy79 said:

December 23rd, 8:52 am

Dont mind waiting for it, but sucks that its being released the same month as dark souls3..so now im not gonna buy it on the release i guess..hope you guys delay it to may or something

Devilking-Nikkai said:

December 23rd, 8:57 am

I wouldn’t mind at all. Take all the times you need :).

MelodyofMarshall said:

December 23rd, 9:07 am

#ColinWasRight and there is nothing wrong with that. I have no doubt it is worth the wait. Thanks for the update and have a happy and safe holidays.

rayiscool22779 said:

December 23rd, 9:11 am

I feel like this will make the game greater. I wish they the took time to delay the 3rd game, instead of releasing it like they did, as I feel the third one could have been the best with more time to work on the pacing, story, etc.

nOObSLAYER said:

December 23rd, 9:22 am

Hyped for April 26, 2016, Heavy Rain and Gravity Rush will consume me till then.

Jaimes_Bond said:

December 23rd, 9:23 am

I appreciate that Naughty Dog is taking the time needed to release a game at a full 100%. Good for them, we can wait.

I-Nice477 said:

December 23rd, 9:28 am

naughty dog pls read this

iam so happy i found this company because your the best company at making games and no doubt about it you made the amazing the last of us and the uncharted and we cant forget crash bandicoot and you saved me from depression alot of times so thank you so much for making amazing games and please take your time at making games and PLEASE dont stop making people happy

Jake_Indiman said:

December 23rd, 9:29 am

I can wait. I have too much backlog.

bbswarrior_11 said:

December 23rd, 9:30 am

Naughty Dog never disappoints with their games. A bit sad but I don´t mind waiting so you can give us the perfect send off for NAthan Drake.

We believe in you, Neil and Bruce!

M-Brother said:

December 23rd, 9:35 am

Take all the time you need. I greatly prefer a higher quality game above all rather than an earlier release date!

D-Squad3 said:

December 23rd, 9:38 am

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!! There are way too many games coming out, March was the perfect month for Uncharted to release. This sucks.

ProxyArcane said:

December 23rd, 9:40 am

Wait for another month for a great game instead of getting a broken one earlier. Seems fair to me.

the_man72 said:

December 23rd, 9:44 am

And then April will change to November I hope not , oh well still only a month late not so bad

anansi210 said:

December 23rd, 9:49 am

Thank you, for taking the time to polish your work. Thank you, for not rushing it to market.
We can wait, and will continue to patiently do just that, ….then applaud this very decision in hindsight as the accolades begin to roll in.

tangomike499 said:

December 23rd, 9:50 am

Although i have been waiting for this game for over a year,i guess if it takes more time,the more polished the game will get…but i cant really wait….

ucsmjc97 said:

December 23rd, 9:50 am

#colinwasright

desquicie said:

December 23rd, 9:53 am

I trust you guys in your desicion, and we all know that is for the best. One of my main reasons to get a ps4 was this game, and a little more of waiting won’t hurt. It’s gonna be amazing. :)

electronicpart said:

December 23rd, 9:57 am

Take all the time you need, I will be busy getting all the trophies on uncharted collection

streeks1984 said:

December 23rd, 9:57 am

Naughty Dog, you folks have earned the right to delay the sending off of Nathan Drake. Looking forward to last of Nathan Drake….get it The Last of Nathan Drake..

AtD3athzD00r said:

December 23rd, 9:57 am

Not a big deal to me, I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied until then especially since I’m in school. April 26 is better anyway, because then the semester will be almost over, and I can play more. My Libertalia edition will still be there when I go to pick it up :D

PS:

Hey PlayStation could we a Batman Arkham Knight dynamic theme to go with all of the avatars, pretty please?

sciteach said:

December 23rd, 10:01 am

My guess as to why: They saw Force Awakens. Realized U4 needed more punch. Need to add a bridge scene where Drake kills Sully. The End.

Coody-Baroody said:

December 25th, 5:59 am

I hope thats not a spoiler for Star Wars mate. If it is you are the WORST kind of person. I know you say Nate killing Sully but the fact you mention theres some kind of traitorous killing on a bridge AND while commenting on a game that has nothing to do with Star Wars, where people like me, trying to avoid spoilers, would think this is a safe internet page to read………

I apologise if im wrong, but if not…….not cool mate

cronqvist said:

December 23rd, 10:07 am

No need to apologize. We know the wait will be worth it.

epuente83 said:

December 23rd, 10:08 am

Thank you for doing this. I much prefer a finished game with less to no bugs and smooth gameplay than to get it earlier. :) Good job!

Sponge-worthy said:

December 23rd, 10:09 am

If the past couple of years have shown us anything, it is just how badly a game can become compromised when the release date becomes the be all, end all concern of the publisher, and by extension, the devs. Games used to see delays routinely, but now it seems publishers are more and more content to just “patch it later.” Thanks to ND for both keeping the lines of communication open and also taking the time necessary to build a polished product.

AaronOS1996 said:

December 23rd, 10:10 am

#colinwasright

Gerhard92 said:

December 23rd, 10:14 am

It’s never easy to push a release date buy i want you all to know that i rather wait a few extra months and get the best game possible than get a broken game in time for christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the hard working elves at the ND workshop.

Sponge-worthy said:

December 23rd, 10:15 am

And, who the hell is Colin?

chronodiem said:

December 23rd, 10:38 am

Colin Moriarty is a video game personality who co-hosts PS I Love You XOXO on Youtube and Colin and Greg Live on Twitch.tv/kindafunygames – he used to co-host Podcast Beyond with Greg Miller.

But yeah #Colinwasright

XxMike466xX said:

December 23rd, 11:59 am

Colin is a Cyborg coming from the future who will be able to tell you everything regarding PlayStation for the next 30 years.

RoseyJohn1 said:

December 23rd, 12:23 pm

Colin is your real father.

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

December 23rd, 10:28 am

As disappointing as that is I have FULL faith in the Naughty Dog crew. :) You guys ALWAYS make fantastic games and if you think the game needs a bit more time I trust your judgement and will wait patiently for the release.

death_nation100 said:

December 23rd, 10:39 am

Uncharted series kept long time PS fans on making the PS3 sale along with other great titles . I respect them for that.

Lionheart2709 said:

December 23rd, 10:44 am

Take your time guys! :)

lonerkid said:

December 23rd, 10:56 am

All good but… can we get a second beta in the mean time like in UC3 were you guys offer bonuses for reaching a certain level, money, weapon skins, etc.

sakiss974 said:

December 24th, 3:52 am

exactly..we need uncharted multiplayer for ps4

LeandroDiFini said:

December 23rd, 11:08 am

Man… So many games… So little time.

beltsquid said:

December 23rd, 11:16 am

Waiting is easy, I can do waiting. You guys are doing the hard part, and that’s an extra month of crunch time! Take care and create something that you’re all proud of.

Kishnabe said:

December 23rd, 11:39 am

Better to pay 60 dollars for a complete polished game if it meant delaying the release.

Than a broken mess like Just Cause 3 and waiting for a patch.

Seluhir said:

December 23rd, 11:43 am

I just picture Naughty Dog sitting around the office reading the internet…

Exec 1: HOLY CRAP GUYS! Uncharted isn’t ready. It can’t be ready, Colin said so. Well I guess we’ll have to delay it
Exec 2: How long dya think?
Exec 1: I dunno, Colin didn’t say. Maybe… until April?
Exec 2: Ya, let’s announce that. If Colin says it needs to be longer, we’ll make it longer.
Exec 1: What are we going to use this time on?
Exec 2: I dunno, some more paid DLC maybe?
Exec 1: Sounds good. Real good.

Seluhir said:

December 23rd, 11:46 am

(just to clarify, I don’t mind the extension, I’m just commenting on all the #colinwasright posts ;))

Coody-Baroody said:

December 25th, 6:07 am

Colin did say. He predicted Fall (called Autumn in the rest of the world) 2016.

Seluhir said:

December 31st, 12:33 pm

I guess Colin was wrong then… April’s spring ;)

xScorpion77x said:

December 23rd, 11:52 am

No need to apologize Naughty Dog. PLEASE take your time with this game. You are doing the right thing by not rushing it to market! Make the best game that you possibly can. I look forward to playing your game.

TwinDad said:

December 23rd, 12:12 pm

Meh. Even I saw it coming.

#ColinSPAM

RoseyJohn1 said:

December 23rd, 12:22 pm

#colinwasright

XxMike466xX said:

December 23rd, 12:33 pm

Well, this is something that makes me sad, however because I know you guys at Naughty Dog are working to make this game even better, then waiting is not a problem.

Good luck Neil and Bruce.

#ColinWasRight

shadysaiyanz said:

December 23rd, 12:43 pm

I agree with Snakeeyes211 here. While i am excited, my hype has almost calmed to zero. I will be picking this up but i won’t get excited till i see it on the shelf… probably in the fall of 2016…

Coody-Baroody said:

December 25th, 6:10 am

No chance mate. When the 10/10, 9.9, and perfect review scores start to drop you’ll cave and buy it.

That fact is as inevitable as the ‘masterpiece’ review scores.

MrMothball said:

December 23rd, 12:49 pm

#Colinwasright

Skater_Ricky said:

December 23rd, 1:00 pm

Take your time. I’ll wait as long as this game need’s. A masterpiece isn’t made over night. :D

monste_r-108 said:

December 23rd, 1:09 pm

Take all the time you need, I’m looking forward to playing the final game.

shadysaiyanz said: